Author Topic: [IC] GMK White Wolf 🐺  (Read 135177 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
[IC] GMK White Wolf 🐺
« on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 06:53:59 »
Statement

White Wolf will be put on hold due to actions beyond our control. GMK has decided not to run it, despite running the design through a copyright lawyer, who gave me the all clear. We will respect their decision and evaluate how to move forward.

Or as Geralt would say...

I would also like to personally thank Garret from Dixie Mech — he has been wonderfully supportive of the whole set, expanding the kits composition, and has tried to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

Group buy news!

I am proud to announce that we have a final list of vendors for GMK White Wolf 🐺...

• USA → Dixie Mech
  • EU → MyKeyboard.eu
  • Oceania → DailyClack
  • Asia → ILUMKB

The group buy for GMK White Wolf 🐺 will commence on September 4th and end on October 2nd. Stay tuned for more news, coming soon to a tavern near you.

Hi again!

I hope you're all staying safe during the lockdown (if it applies to you). Personally, it finally got me to finish off a set I started many months ago and I'd like to show you what I came up with.

Inspiration

I first picked up Mr Andrzej Sapkowski's book, titled "Sword of Destiny", some 26 years ago, and quickly devoured all the others. It didn't take long to have to wait for him to publish his newer titles. It was Mr Sapkowski, with the help of J.R.R. Tolkien, who got me hooked on fantasy fiction. Since then I have gone through many other authors and I'm currently consuming Brandon Sanderson's works, but Geralt, Yennefer, Jaskier, and especially Ciri, have always held a special place in my heart and mind. Three of the latter characters inspired me to bring GMK White Wolf to life.

Kits

Gwynbleidd

I tried to keep Gwynbleidd — the core kit — as light as possible, while still offering coverage for as many boards as possible. I also included three novelties (two are pictured, the third will be an ISO Enter sword novelty) in it for a number of reasons. Firstly, I wanted the people who only get the core kit to get in on the novelty fun, and secondly, I wanted to differentiate it from the similar kits out there.

This kit has been updated in the meantime (render coming later). See changes in the KLE mockup below.

240332-0

Zireael

Zireael — the novelty kit — consists of 10 light grey on dark grey novelties, which are inspired by Geralt's Signs — Aard, Axii, Quen, Igni, and Yrden. I have also added the novelties from the core kit in a reversed colourway — dark greys on light grey keys — and included two coloured sets. The latter consist of two R1 novelty keys each (signifying the ladies' symbols), arrows, and Enter keys. The colours are inspired by Ciri's and Yennefer's eyes. Finally, there are some new text novelties, including R1 1u "Hmm", R1 2u "****", and R3 1.5u "Roach". The regular Enter key should be light grey, not white (render error).

Version 3 — "Dots" Design

248258-1

Version 4 — "Circle" Design

248260-2

— Witcher Signs are made using the casters fingers, which the dots/circles are meant to represent.
— The lines connect the dots/circles, suggesting how a specific Sign is cast.
— The dots are also a tribute to mechanical keyboards (PCB holes specifically).
— The dots/circles could are also slightly reminiscent of constellations, hence trying to forge a connection with the stars, and magic in turn.
— The spaces between the dots/circles and lines are also in line with that Sword novelty.

Since I have proposed 2 slightly different designs (I am partial to one of them!), I would love to hear some feedback from you guys. Please take part in this new poll and vote for your favourite design:

More

240334-3
Obsidian

Error during rendering: there will be an additional “B” for Alice users in this kit!

Obsidian — the Spacebars Kit — is designed to complement both the core kit, as well as the novelty kit. It contains 6u (off-centre and centered), accented 6.25u and 7u, as well as split Spacebars (1.25u, 2u, 2.25u, 2,75u). There's also an additional B key for Alice-like layouts.

This kit has been updated in the meantime (render coming later). See changes in the KLE mockup below.

240336-4

Sihill

Sihill — the Alternative (Silver) Alphas Kit — was added as per the request of many people who asked for it in the IC form. I have skipped the silver numpad to keep the price of this kit acceptable.
Renders

Naturally I chose Gok's 7V to show-off this set, mainly because I want one myself. It looks like I'll be going for the grey one!

249389-5

249391-6

Interest Check Form

Please follow the link below and fill out the IC form, if this is a set you're interested in buying. Thank you!

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2020, 11:37:44 by Moridin »

Offline pngu

• send noots
Re: [IC] GMK White Wolf 🐺
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 06:54:16 »
reserved

Edit: I quite like this. ne NorDeUk kit avail?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 06:55:12 »
I love the theme!

Maybe we can get more renders with the Zireael kit?
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 06:56:51 »
I am so in for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:00:25 »
YES

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:04:52 »
I love the theme!

Maybe we can get more renders with the Zireael kit?

I will commission more renders if this set garners enough interest! I will do some specific novelty kit layouts on those.

I am so in for this

❤️

I quite like this. ne NorDeUk kit avail?

I once tried to do NorDEUK because 150+ people declared they would get it. When the set went to GB stage, only 28 people ordered it. MOQ is set at 100.

I'm not saying no, but it's unlikely there will be enough sales to warrant creating this set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:09:20 by Moridin »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:16:52 »
Ohhhh snap. Here I go again!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:29:49 »
Hmmm.

What's the dark grey like relative to N9?

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:30:17 »
No chance on it being KAT ahahah?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:44:36 »
No chance on it being KAT ahahah?

Not "today", sorry.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 08:25:51 »
Witcher themed :eek: count me in! What are the colors though? This looks very very similar to GMK Nines.

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 08:53:03 »
N9, 2M. I asked on reddit and cheated and looked at the colors of Lunar

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 08:57:55 »
I love mono sets and I love this
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline joonia

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 08:59:55 »
any normal accent esc and enter keys avail?

Offline breckstar

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:00:48 »
I'll toss a coin at this.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:14:03 »
Reserved.

This is what I was waiting for.

Offline alper_maestro

Re: [IC] GMK White Wolf
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:22:43 »
Please add light color alphas kit for those who prefer more contrast between modifiers etc.

The same light greyish color as those from the spacebar kit.

Offline rfbabeheer

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:23:46 »
Ooooo yes!! I'M IN!

Offline huey

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:28:21 »
I kinda wish you called the whole thing Gwynbleidd. I think this is the first time Welsh is being used in a keyboard GB and it's got me feeling all sorts of patriotism.

As for the actual set, it's a really solid mono set and I like the duller contrast. The novelties are actually really well done, though I disagree with them being in the base kit. Would like to see the colours used to be mentioned too. That being said, this will do well!

Pob lwc!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:52:15 »
Please add light color alphas kit for those who prefer more contrast between modifiers etc.

The same light greyish color as those from the spacebar kit.

Considering this if there is enough demand. I did want this GB to be simple and cheap though, especially after Lunar.

I kinda wish you called the whole thing Gwynbleidd. I think this is the first time Welsh is being used in a keyboard GB and it's got me feeling all sorts of patriotism.

As for the actual set, it's a really solid mono set and I like the duller contrast. The novelties are actually really well done, though I disagree with them being in the base kit. Would like to see the colours used to be mentioned too. That being said, this will do well!

Pob lwc!

That was the original name I came up with but went with White Wolf for a number of reasons.

any normal accent esc and enter keys avail?

Considering this, although more keys will up the cost of the sets. Trying to make this as affordable as possible, while keeping it robust.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:53:16 »
For the record: using N9 keys with 2M legends. Accents are DY and TU1.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 09:59:22 »
Would you consider adding R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, please? Based on popularity, I'd say it'd be more worthwhile than, say, 2× 1.5u Code and extra 1u Alt, or numpad 00.

Speaking of PgUp/PgDn, it'd be cool to rearrange the Sign novelties so they can be used as those keys (resembling up/down arrows), for both R2/R3 and R3/R4 setups. Something like this:

Considering the fantasy setting, Super would fit better than Code, imo. :)

How about Scroll instead of Lock?

R3 \|, R4 <> would be better than R3 #~, R4 \| since the set doesn't have the rest of the UK ISO support.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:25:02 by konstantin »

Offline Zedd_alpha

• hi, i am zedd, i am just looking
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:05:23 »
looks interesting
love novelties
wanderer

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:35:46 »
For the record: using N9 keys with 2M legends. Accents are DY and TU1.

N9, 2M. I asked on reddit and cheated and looked at the colors of Lunar

Thanks! I guess no mixing & matching between the two sets then.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:53:57 by Rob27shred »

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:38:33 »
I've never been so excited about a keyset

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:43:25 »

Pob lwc!

Oh hey, born in Swansea here  ;D

I'm interested in this set depending on the cost. I was personally put off by the high cost of Lunar and had to skip it. IDK Numpad plus UK ISO in a separate kit has always been my preference if that means keeping cost down, I imagine there are many of us that have no use for either  :blank:
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:47:44 by directheatedtriode »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 10:48:16 »
Really dig the color. I know you said the tone is different from GMK Nines, but as someone who already bought Nines, I would love to see a color comparison side-by-side of White Wolf and Nines. So, I can have a better understanding on the color.  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 11:23:13 »
What are the color codes?
Mains: Bakers 6T (silver)   |   Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, thick)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Eddie_Caps

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:02:55 »
I would auto buy if there was a Roach text novelty.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:15:12 »
Do you have any charts or KLE links to provide the exact sizing and row of each key in each kit?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:22:57 »
Also, since we are celebrating a Polish author with this set, maybe the base alphas could use the sub legends of the Polish Programmer’s QWERTY?

That particular layout doesn’t differ from US QWERTY in any visible way except for those sub legends, so it wouldn’t add keys to the kit.

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:33:36 »
Also, since we are celebrating a Polish author with this set, maybe the base alphas could use the sub legends of the Polish Programmer’s QWERTY?

Show Image

That particular layout doesn’t differ from US QWERTY in any visible way except for those sub legends, so it wouldn’t add keys to the kit.

Maybe interesting for Polish people as a seperate kit, hopefully not as a standard layout. ;)

But it would be interested to see a language that the Witcher speaks to add that as sub legends?
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:14:30 by alper_maestro »

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:35:50 »

Any ideas for a matching Mousepad as also an usb cable for the keyboard? (spacecables for example)

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:44:20 by alper_maestro »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:36:28 »
Wait. Your description says extra B for Alice but it’s not in the render. I would also like to see 1u convex space key in the spacebar kit.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline utsukishi

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:01:58 »
WHEW,

this set ticks off all the boxes for me, this will be a personal must have!

a quick question would be, since the numpad matches the exact color of gmk lunar, would it be better to differentiate it some way or maybe move it from the base kit?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:12:54 »
Lol. Love when newbies drop a "reserved".

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:37:45 »
Love the set but with so many grey-themed sets recently I'll have to see how things pan out when this hits GB. That said, the novelty kit looks amazing.

Is the legend color planned to be the same as any other grey-themed sets we've seen recently (apollo, ashes, ascii, oblivion, nines (?) etc etc)?

EDIT: sorry i missed that this has already been answered.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:51:21 »
Would you consider adding R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn, please? Based on popularity, I'd say it'd be more worthwhile than, say, 2× 1.5u Code and extra 1u Alt, or numpad 00.

Speaking of PgUp/PgDn, it'd be cool to rearrange the Sign novelties so they can be used as those keys (resembling up/down arrows), for both R2/R3 and R3/R4 setups. Something like this:
Show Image

Considering the fantasy setting, Super would fit better than Code, imo. :)

How about Scroll instead of Lock?

R3 \|, R4 <> would be better than R3 #~, R4 \| since the set doesn't have the rest of the UK ISO support.

I have had a few requests to remake the novelties so they can be used as arrow keys and better fit Home/End/PgUp/PgDn. I might rework them.

I like the Scroll and Super suggestions. Will incorporate those.

Offline TuckTuckFloof

• Smol Boards
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:52:48 »
Quick question: Will there be dots and will they be accent, or mod colored?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:53:02 »

Pob lwc!

I'm interested in this set depending on the cost. I was personally put off by the high cost of Lunar and had to skip it. IDK Numpad plus UK ISO in a separate kit has always been my preference if that means keeping cost down, I imagine there are many of us that have no use for either  :blank:

I’m trying to get the base as close as possible to 99 USD while keeping it on theme at the same time.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 13:59:33 »
WHEW,

this set ticks off all the boxes for me, this will be a personal must have!

a quick question would be, since the numpad matches the exact color of gmk lunar, would it be better to differentiate it some way or maybe move it from the base kit?

I could put the NumPad in a separate kit but the base kit’s price would drop by like 5-7 USD while a separate NumPad would close around 30-40 USD.

Any ideas for a matching Mousepad as also an usb cable for the keyboard? (spacecables for example)

No designs yet but they’ll be done.

Wait. Your description says extra B for Alice but it’s not in the render. I would also like to see 1u convex space key in the spacebar kit.

Render error! Will fix later.

Do you have any charts or KLE links to provide the exact sizing and row of each key in each kit?

Not at the moment but I can get this done later.

What are the color codes?

N9, 2M, DY, TU1.

Show Image

They would raise the price though. I don’t think GMK has moulds for those. So at least 15 USD on base added.

Really dig the color. I know you said the tone is different from GMK Nines, but as someone who already bought Nines, I would love to see a color comparison side-by-side of White Wolf and Nines. So, I can have a better understanding on the color.  :thumb:

I’ll try to get this done but you can just look at the photos of GMK’s colour ring and compare N9/U9 with N9/2M. U9 is beige-y, warm. 2M is silvery and cold.

Which key? 😅

Offline chowbabyloving

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 14:00:01 »

Pob lwc!

I’m trying to get the base as close as possible to 99 USD while keeping it on theme at the same time.

I also think it would be helpful to keep cost low by cutting out numpad and offering it as a separate kit.

With the fluctuations in the world economy, I know we here in Canada would appreciate it if you were willing to have a Canadian vendor or proxy like deskhero involved.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 14:00:14 »
Quick question: Will there be dots and will they be accent, or mod colored?

Dots?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 14:01:39 »
With the fluctuations in the world economy, I know we here in Canada would appreciate it if you were willing to have a Canadian vendor or proxy like deskhero involved.

This will probably not depend on me, but on the US vendor/proxy.

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] GMK White Wolf [emoji191]
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 14:06:35 »

Which key?
Now I want it on the iso enter. Roach rearing up, geralt on his back.

Offline Eddie_Caps

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 14:11:23 »

Which key? 😅
[/quote]

My preference would be row 4 1.25

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:18:07 »
The IC form has so many responses and ideas, I am close to declaring bankruptcy. 😅

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:56:15 »
With all the vertical real estate of the Iso enter, Roach should be on the roof of a house

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:23:38 »
Couldn't we have just ran a novelty kit for nines?