Author Topic: [IC] Melody65 - Product Page LIVE! Sales Start 26th of Oct at 10AM EST  (Read 130665 times)

Offline BahaMech

• Contact Me on Discord - dionsalekian#8349
Re: [IC] Melody65 Update - It is Finally Finished! (29th of August 2020)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 20:42:18 »
Ooh, Taeha build stream let's go
Do we know when it will be on Taeha? I looked today and it is not there, but maybe I mis-read this.
We will be sending it to Taeha soon, we just need to verify that everything is perfect. After we send the sample, we would need to figure out when Taeha would be free to stream the build and as soon as we know the date, I will notify everyone.

I hope that clarifies it
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2020, 20:45:05 by BahaMech »

Offline BahaMech

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 20:48:27 »
alright so gb will be after taeha's stream right? do we have an estimated gb time?
Yes the group buy will be a little after taehas stream.
As for the estimated date, I don't really want to promise anything, since as you've already seen, many things can pop up to delay it. And since we also don't know when Taeha will receive it due to COVID-19 affecting delivery times.
Just keep an eye out for any updates. I will update everyone as soon as I have accurate dates.

Thanks

Offline Davenqk

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 23:27:17 »
Hi I am fully aware that underglow is only possible for solder version but just wondering whether or not if it would be possible to solder hotswap sockets by myself and turn it into a hotswap pcb but with RGB?

Offline scrps

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 07:26:42 »
Hi I am fully aware that underglow is only possible for solder version but just wondering whether or not if it would be possible to solder hotswap sockets by myself and turn it into a hotswap pcb but with RGB?
you could probably use millmax sockets

Offline Davenqk

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 02:01:29 »
you could probably use millmax sockets

Good news for me then, tks.

Offline DyDyOrange

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 09:11:00 »
Damn I love my Melody96. Would love to get my hands on this.

Offline eeveeatemyessay

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 11:52:51 »
Just realised that this was a thing. Was considering M96, but this... this is so much better. In ISO, it's close to being perfect, by 'perfect' meaning that it would be available in rose gold as well. :) But definitely taking it in any colour.

Offline scrps

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 16:00:19 »
Just realised that this was a thing. Was considering M96, but this... this is so much better. In ISO, it's close to being perfect, by 'perfect' meaning that it would be available in rose gold as well. :) But definitely taking it in any colour.
no rose gold but still nice

Offline Forkman

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 06:52:17 »
So, don't know if I read this wrong;
But only the soldered version will be able to have the underglow?
If so, will the hot-swap version w/bras bottom cost approximately the same?
Anyways, looks great and hopefully I'll get my hands on it!

Offline scrps

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 08:14:49 »
So, don't know if I read this wrong;
But only the soldered version will be able to have the underglow?
If so, will the hot-swap version w/bras bottom cost approximately the same?
Anyways, looks great and hopefully I'll get my hands on it!
no the brass bottom will cost muuuuuch more. and yes only soldered will have underglow

Offline scrps

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 08:16:27 »
alright so gb will be after taeha's stream right? do we have an estimated gb time?
As for the estimated date, I don't really want to promise anything, since as you've already seen, many things can pop up to delay it. And since we also don't know when Taeha will receive it due to COVID-19 affecting delivery times.
Just keep an eye out for any updates. I will update everyone as soon as I have accurate dates.

Thanks
I'm a little bit worried since it's been a month since you've said this and nothing has happened. any updates on when taeha will stream or anything? thank you

Offline BahaMech

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 19:56:26 »

Thanks
I'm a little bit worried since it's been a month since you've said this and nothing has happened. any updates on when taeha will stream or anything? thank you

No need to worry any more! Big update coming very soon
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2020, 20:00:04 by BahaMech »

Offline BahaMech

Live stream date and time announced!

Check the original post for all the details :)

Offline scrps

YOOOOOOO AND THE STREAM IS ON MY BDAY, although it is a while away. im guessing gb will be in november

Offline BahaMech

YOOOOOOO AND THE STREAM IS ON MY BDAY, although it is a while away. im guessing gb will be in november
I hope you have a great birthday!
And yes, im hoping to have the group buy public sometime in November, if not sooner.
But I don't want to make any promises.

Offline KaosJ

Melody65 stream starting soon https://www.twitch.tv/taehatypes

Offline lilingxi01

Super interested in it due to its tremendous design.
Do not forget to post the link when it comes to pre-order or group buy!

Offline gordonderp

Finally lol can't believe I posted in this thread like more than a year ago

Offline KaosJ

Finally lol can't believe I posted in this thread like more than a year ago

We are close mydude  ;D Yeah sorry that was a rollcaster of delays during the design.

Offline scrps

what happened i thought stream was gonna be the 25th ok this is fine. so gb should be this month or early november. also how's it going with getting more cases

Offline BahaMech

what happened i thought stream was gonna be the 25th ok this is fine. so gb should be this month or early november. also how's it going with getting more cases
Ohh, did I say 25th? I meant 7th, sorry about the confusion :)
You can watch the full stream on his twitch channel.

Offline BahaMech

Just updated the post

Please read, as there are some new details.

Some specifics are still not decided - The exact GB date, the sixth colour, the exact price, and whether we will do a full polycarb or full acrylic version.

I hope you guys enjoyed the stream! If you missed out, you can still watch it here -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763498687
Or wait until the stream is posted to his channel

We Will be looking into decreasing the height of the case, after receiving Taeha's feedback.

Whenever there are new updates, I will update everyone on this thread.

If you have anymore feedback, I would love to hear it!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2020, 18:49:57 by BahaMech »

Offline scrps

ye gonna watch it tomorrow

Offline DoctorZuluMD

Please include a 6th color to match the GMK laser R2. Magenta or some sort of blue. No one has released a board to match these caps, first one that does gets my money.

Offline scrps

Just updated the post

Some specifics are still not decided - The exact GB date, the sixth colour, the exact price, and whether we will do a full polycarb or full acrylic version.

I hope you guys enjoyed the stream! If you missed out, you can still watch it here -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/763498687

We Will be looking into decreasing the height of the case, after receiving Taeha's feedback.

Thanks!
again how's it going with getting more for gb? and also will we get foam and if not what foam can we get?

Offline BahaMech

Just updated the post

Thanks!
again how's it going with getting more for gb? and also will we get foam and if not what foam can we get?

We are going to get more for the GB, probably around 300 pieces in total for the standard kit (no limits for individual colours).

As for the foam, I'm 95% sure we will include the foam in all kits, but we may not be able to for the ISO/universal plate.

These are the details we will be finalising before the GB goes public, so I will update everyone when we have all the details.

:)

Offline scrps

Just updated the post

Thanks!

We are going to get more for the GB, probably around 300 pieces in total for the standard kit (no limits for individual colours).

As for the foam, I'm 95% sure we will include the foam in all kits, but we may not be able to for the ISO/universal plate.

These are the details we will be finalising before the GB goes public, so I will update everyone when we have all the details.

niiiiiice. also it sounds like there will be an option for ansi plate or universal/iso plate?

Offline BahaMech

Just updated the post

Thanks!

niiiiiice. also it sounds like there will be an option for ansi plate or universal/iso plate?

Yes.
You have the option for One or the other - Standard ANSI Layout, or, A Universal Plate Which Supports ISO
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2020, 19:28:30 by BahaMech »

Offline jordi_id7

I am so ready to buy this.
Will it have some kind of o-ring between the top and bottom pieces?

Offline BahaMech

I am so ready to buy this.
Will it have some kind of o-ring between the top and bottom pieces?
No there arent any O-rings on this board.
And there arent any between the plate either, so it will be a firm typing experience if you choose the brass plate.

Hope that helps :)

Offline jordi_id7

And there arent any between the plate either, so it will be a firm typing experience if you choose the brass plate.

Gotcha.
Will the plates be available in different colors? Also, the brass will be brushed and not polished like in the main picture, right?

Offline BahaMech

Gotcha.
Will the plates be available in different colors? Also, the brass will be brushed and not polished like in the main picture, right?

Yes, you will be able to choose what colour you want for the plate (for aluminium only ofc). And yes, he brass will be brushed and not polished.

Offline guy0naBuffal0

Please include a 6th color to match the GMK laser R2. Magenta or some sort of blue. No one has released a board to match these caps, first one that does gets my money.

Yes! Hot pink to go with LASER. Seconded!

Offline BahaMech

Yes! Hot pink to go with LASER. Seconded!

Unfortunately I don't think we will do a 'Hot Pink' as we are trying to keep the colour options low.

We will be doing; red, navy blue, dark purple, e-white, dark gray, silver, black, and the option for a full polycarbonate/acrylic case (you will be able to choose whether you want acrylic or polycarb).

Offline KaosJ

Another render by Raz  :D

Offline scrps

Show Image

non-frosted bottom hmmmmmmm

Offline BahaMech

Show Image

It's just the render.
The actual board will be frosted like any other KBDfans board

Offline scrps

Show Image

It's just the render.
The actual board will be frosted like any other KBDfans board
nice less decisions for me to make  :thumb:

Offline Alga

Bruh, I'm kinda glad this took so much time. Because I just found about it!!!! AND IT LOOKS LIT!!  :cool:

Pun intended because I'd love a full polycarb case for that light to shine! More RGB more fps, everyone knows that.

Two questions of a newbie. Whats the difference between polycarb and acrylic? And with the underglow pcb can you still have per key led?

Definetly looking forward to this and to know the price of the options.

Offline Roddin

nice. :D

Offline scrps

Bruh, I'm kinda glad this took so much time. Because I just found about it!!!! AND IT LOOKS LIT!!  :cool:

Pun intended because I'd love a full polycarb case for that light to shine! More RGB more fps, everyone knows that.

Two questions of a newbie. Whats the difference between polycarb and acrylic? And with the underglow pcb can you still have per key led?

polycarb is more expensive and sounds better. i heard it doesn't diffuse rgb as good but idrk. also the pcb won't support both so you'll have to pick soldered with underglow or hot swap with per key

Offline Alga

polycarb is more expensive and sounds better. i heard it doesn't diffuse rgb as good but idrk. also the pcb won't support both so you'll have to pick soldered with underglow or hot swap with per key

Hmmmm... Choices choices...
This board looses half the charm without the underglow with the clear bottom to me, so I'll probably go for that. Plus if I get the clear plate light will shine back up provably.

Thanks!! :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

Show Image

PC will be not-frosty but is more like whitey, maybe an image would make sense more than my words. I believe it will show rgb nicely, and since we believe PC is superior to Acrylic, we will use PC on the rgb option (pic below is not a melody)

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2020, 02:21:03 by KaosJ »

Offline RobbyRobsen

Can you already tell by how much lower the case will be (i.e. actual mm)? Love the board - I'll go with the blue color!

Offline Forkman

It says "Acrylic/Aluminium Bottom Piece", as far as I understand it, you can get it as fully aluminum, no acryl/PC? And have we heard anything new about the height?

Love the look of the product, great job!

Offline KaosJ

It says "Acrylic/Aluminium Bottom Piece", as far as I understand it, you can get it as fully aluminum, no acryl/PC? And have we heard anything new about the height?

Love the look of the product, great job!

There is no longer acrylic bottom, we will use PC instead of acrylic which we find superior, we will update the post.
You can get full alu, full PC, and a mix of them (alu top, pc bottom) as standard kits

Can you already tell by how much lower the case will be (i.e. actual mm)? Love the board - I'll go with the blue color!

Don't know yet,but it will be most likely 2-3mm i think. Considering that now, with the bumpers installed, should be around 25mm, so considering the edit, it will still be pretty high.
I definetely suggest to use it with a wrist rest (well i suggest to use every keyboard with a wrist rest tbh)

Offline KaosJ

Posted an update on mechmarket, happening on 26 October 10AM EST  :thumb:

Pretty sure that Dion will update the GH thread when he wake up!

Offline Kerasan

I'm in.... but... PURPLE or WHITE?  :-\

Offline BahaMech

Re: [IC] Melody65 Update - Release Info Announced! - 26th of Oct - KBDfans
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 17:40:53 »
Release Info Announced!
Check Original Post for the Details

Offline LordHaveMercy

Re: [GB] Melody65 - Release Info Announced! - 26th of Oct - KBDfans
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:29:09 »
So, I have a potentially stupid question to ask here: If I pre-order this kit, when should we expect these to be shipped? Like within a couple weeks? Or is this wayyyyyyyyy later next year like I've seen with other neat keyboard kits?