Author Topic: [IC] Melody65 - Product Page LIVE! Sales Start 26th of Oct at 10AM EST  (Read 130659 times)

Offline BahaMech

• Contact Me on Discord - dionsalekian#8349
Re: [GB] Melody65 - Release Info Announced! - 26th of Oct - KBDfans
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 02:03:32 »
So, I have a potentially stupid question to ask here: If I pre-order this kit, when should we expect these to be shipped? Like within a couple weeks? Or is this wayyyyyyyyy later next year like I've seen with other neat keyboard kits?

Should be expected to ship early next year.
We don't have good estimates at the moment, but it should be around January-Febuary ,considering that you will have up to a month to purchase a case (most likely mid-late febuary, but it could be sooner/later)

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody65 - Release Info Announced! - 26th of Oct - KBDfans
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 03:42:22 »
Wei will give a better estimation later, there will be the chinese new year aruond febrary so i guess it's like 5 months or so, so more like March.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2020, 08:58:15 by KaosJ »

Offline Zammin

Re: [IC] Melody65 - Release Info Announced! - 26th of Oct - KBDfans
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 00:15:25 »
Has the actual revised height of the front end been given yet? I know it's 2-3mm lower now but I can't find the original dimensions so I don't know what that equates to.

Offline BahaMech

Re: [IC] Melody65 - Product Page LIVE! Sales Start 26th of Oct at 10AM EST
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 05:55:00 »
Big Update!

Product pages are live

Sales start on the 26th of October at 10:00 AM EST

Please CAREFULLY read ALL the notes on the page and in the description (there is some key information I don't want anyone to miss, to prevent issues with orders)

Offline BahaMech

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 05:56:05 »
Has the actual revised height of the front end been given yet? I know it's 2-3mm lower now but I can't find the original dimensions so I don't know what that equates to.

The current height of the case is slightly under 25mm, so after the height reduction, it should be around 21.5-23mm

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:22:04 »

Around 21-22, also that's not a straight wall, it is 14mm of vertical wall and later is starts the fjell-like edge.

Offline stimuz

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:47:15 »
probably dumb question, but will the hotswap version plate work for the standard ANSI layout with universal PCB?

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 08:39:15 »
Is the universal pcb the standard kbd67 pcb or the one with the flex cuts?

Offline dtywill

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:07:26 »
For anyone wondering I couldn't add the foam and the keyboard at the same time.  If I picked the board and the foam the only thing in the cart was the foam, had to go back and actually add the keyboard again with no foam.

Offline Roddin

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:10:42 »
damn, couldn't kop the limited edition. had to settle for a silver standard. >.<

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:43:19 »
probably dumb question, but will the hotswap version plate work for the standard ANSI layout with universal PCB?

yep, but you will have some extra 2mm holes for the standoffs (there are to clip the hotswap pcb), photos here: https://imgur.com/a/6l1P6Ws

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #261 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:44:08 »
Is the universal pcb the standard kbd67 pcb or the one with the flex cuts?

It's a custom one that is a re-iteration from the last kbd67, so we don't know yet to be honest

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:46:02 »
For anyone wondering I couldn't add the foam and the keyboard at the same time.  If I picked the board and the foam the only thing in the cart was the foam, had to go back and actually add the keyboard again with no foam.

May i ask what you added (the specific options)? tested and i don't have this bug

Offline dtywill

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:50:54 »

May i ask what you added (the specific options)? tested and i don't have this bug
I tried to add the Navy Top, PC bottom, Universal Soldered + Brass, plate foam. When I did Add to Cart the only thing there was the foam. I went back and added the board with no foam and the cart was then correct with the board and then a separate listing for the foam. I tried like 3 times that’s the only way I could get the board and foam in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:04:17 »

I tried to add the Navy Top, PC bottom, Universal Soldered + Brass, plate foam. When I did Add to Cart the only thing there was the foam. I went back and added the board with no foam and the cart was then correct with the board and then a separate listing for the foam. I tried like 3 times that’s the only way I could get the board and foam in there.

that's weird,  i'm testing the same and it isn't happening, which foam exactly?   
(thanks anyway for the help)   

Offline dtywill

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:05:21 »

that's weird,  i'm testing the same and it isn't happening, which foam exactly?   
(thanks anyway for the help)
It was the plate foam. I also was in right at 10 so not sure if that had anything to do with it. At any rate I paid around 290 and it has the keyboard and the foam listed in my order so I’m good

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:16:13 »
Please make more FEs I wanted that brass bottom so bad

Offline dudewth

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:31:29 »
Any chance for an "official" wrist rest? KBDFans has done that for a few other releases previously.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:59:04 »
Any chance for an "official" wrist rest? KBDFans has done that for a few other releases previously.

Not sure about that, i will ask

Sorry man, we had to limit this a lot. I'm sorry that someone who followed the IC for the whole time didn't got it, but there are many people asking this.     

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:09:41 »
For further communication /questions /etc we can move to the GB post:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109263.0

:thumb:

Offline karateyes

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:31:21 »
is there a rendering or picture for the dark grey? Also, is the silver polished, brushed, matte, or does it just have speckles in the paint?
I am stuck between these 2 colors.... thanks!  ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 18:53:00 »
is there a rendering or picture for the dark grey? Also, is the silver polished, brushed, matte, or does it just have speckles in the paint?
I am stuck between these 2 colors.... thanks!  ;D

https://i.imgur.com/n3hpYR1.jpg
Sorry they forgot the render. 
Regarding silver, it's the typical anodization silver. I would personally go for dark grey, more matches with keycaps.
Probably you can find other boards made in the past with silver and dark gray on kbdfans store. It will not be exactly this, but this is a comparison on the tofu https://i.imgur.com/JS7FO48.png

For other questions, refer to the gb post we made :) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109263.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2020, 18:55:55 by KaosJ »

Offline nihonjam

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 19:56:28 »

I just ran into this and found that if you have multiple tabs open, this happens. For me, it was adding multiples of everything because I had added it to a cart in one tab and then in the other tab, I removed them but still must see some session data from other. I also saw the issue of just the foam added. So, to resolve this what I did was close all other tabs, refresh the cart, delete everything and then hit the Continue Browsing here link.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 01:58:05 »

No worries dude, glad that the group buy even happened in the first place. Felt like it wasn't going to happen for a while there lol. Congrats on the succesful group buy.

Sorry man, we had to limit this a lot. I'm sorry that someone who followed the IC for the whole time didn't got it, but there are many people asking this.   

Offline stimuz

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 04:22:13 »

Any chance of a FE style alu bottom? I prefer the flush look, but I grabbed a full polycarb if not. Seems like the type of board that would be interesting as polycarb.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 04:26:07 »

Any chance of a FE style alu bottom? I prefer the flush look, but I grabbed a full polycarb if not. Seems like the type of board that would be interesting as polycarb.

Multiple people asked this, but it won't be available for this GB. 
If this would go very well, we might consider but it will be years from now  :D 

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 05:55:53 »
GB is up, here is the link https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109263.0

Dion will lock this IC post.