Author Topic: [IC] GMK Strawberry  (Read 5876 times)

Offline midnightride

[IC] GMK Strawberry
« on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:30:40 »
Due to feedback taken into consideration, I will be tweaking this set and creating a new IC soon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2020, 03:39:57 by midnightride »

Offline Dovan1405

Re: [IC] GMK Strawberry
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:36:27 »
looks gr8!!! im really digging those colours and the kitting is spot on for my filco 104!!!

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:42:01 »
I don't think I would know this is strawberry related unless you told me :/

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:48:07 »
While the set isn't for me, GLWIC!

Some things that come to mind...
1) the set name evoked colors from your banner. I was definitely not expecting the set I saw.
2) I'm confused about your kit pictures. You seem to have a base set that includes your parted Alphas, mods, numbers.. I don't see a reason to part out here other than maybe numbers. Your kiting is done like KAT /KAM where MOQ is based on individual keys, usually GMK is base + bars + novelties + numbers + specialties.

Keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:51:51 by GraffitiDecos »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:52:57 »
I'd suggest you work on colors some more. That contrast on your keys makes it quite un-readable. For running under GMK, you seem to be missing a decent amount of necessary keys, and I do not believe GMK does "TKL" kits. You're missing a ton of keys that are not in the default TKL layout. Also, your kit does not scream Strawberry. Too pastel and what is blue in a strawberry? Anyways, work on it and fix it up! I recommend joining the keycap designer discord! Plenty of helpful people there.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:02:42 by dandruff »

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:59:37 »
GLWIC! I like that you want to go with a strawberry theme.

Although I have some stuff to say.
As mentioned by someone earlier, this set does not scream strawberry.
- Your header image is a strawberry that is dark, while the whole color scheme screams pastel colors at you.
- You had a really good opportunity to build more on the strawberry (as your set is named this), but decided to go with a pastel colorway???
- The keycap color is bright with the legends, which make any of the keys unreadable.
- Your render has very bright lighting, which could make the keys even brighter.

I really want to help you :3

It seems like you haven't asked for any feedback at all or have asked around, so we wish to give you some kind feedback before deciding to post another IC.
I suggest you join the Keycap Designers Discord, we can help you a lot on everything and make your keycap set more finished.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:13:43 by kumori »

Offline GaNeBaL

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:08:01 »
i would recommend maybe getting some more keycap models and not just using the stock file from dakota felder
Obsessed with 60%TKLs

Offline Dazon

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:09:16 »
hey! i like the colors so far, and think this could do great with some work! as previously suggested, id suggest joining the keycap designers discord for some more direction! looking forward to what you make  :D

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:11:34 »
Hey there, love the strawberry theme. you're trying to put out an IC. Great, more IC is fantastic. Let’s get down to some details which will help you though. It looks like your IC needs more work and isn’t at an acceptable level yet. It’s OK to be excited. Chances are, one of your favorite boards, keysets, or accessories has a well documented thread. It would be helpful for you to learn from those threads then recreate your own. First impressions are everything after all, especially in this community of pedants. As someone linked above I would highly recommend joining the Keycap Designers Discord -- We have a lot more resources in there to help you out.

Offline looneyperson

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:24:17 »
I'm getting more milkshake vibes than strawberry ones. Don't wanna sound like a broken record so I wont repeat what everyone else has said. GL tho! :thumb:

Offline Tymm0

• Teal Technik
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:40:27 »
The greens on a strawberry are mostly much darker than what you used for the set. Why was a light green picked?
tealtechnik.com

Offline piit79

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 00:42:57 »

[...] and I do not believe GMK does "TKL" kits.

GMK will happily do any kits you ask them to, but due to their pricing structure, smaller kits are always more expensive per key, which is why they're not done in GMK. Also, each kit has its own MOQ that needs to be reached.

In general, the kitting is highly unusual. Please take a look at some other renowned sets to see how the kititng is usually done.

Offline Beni986

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 01:19:30 »
ngl I don't think I've ever seen a strawberry in these colours before
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 05:48:36 »
Just hopping in to say that the feedback people provided is wholesome and a nice change to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk