Author Topic: [IC] GMK Dream Bird  (Read 42841 times)

Offline arq1999

[IC] GMK Dream Bird
« on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 21:57:29 »

Today I bring you guys something I have being working on for a couple of months.
It's base in the Hyacinth Macaw. They are also know as "The Dream Bird". Its the biggest type of macaw and very sweet almost like a pet.

GB Date OCT 8th
Pricing:

Kits

Base Kit
*The reason for going no numpad is simply because by doing so I can aim for a higher MOQ at a more decent pricing. Hopefully you guys can understand that.

Numpad Kit

Novelties Kit

Spacebars Kit

Night Fall Bird - Alt Alphas

Deskmat
This deskmats were design by Angel Maya
Jungle

View

Renders

TGR Alice

Atlas By Koobaczech

Nazaré 1-60 By Invezting

Old Renders

More
*Renders below are not as color accurate as the ones in top
Geon Works F1

Iron165 SE - Accents

Iron165 SE - Non Accents Version

Iron165 SE Wood Floor

iS0[/color]

Colors

Pantone Chips

Color Comparison

Collaborations
HIBI
HIBI - EGG

HIBI - Eye

Artisan Collabs:
Avocaps
Bad Habit Caps
BKM Keycaps
Blud Kaps
BlackMageCaps
Balloondoggaps
Captomaniacs
DreadKeys
Destroyer Caps
Fraktal.Kaps
GlennTheblack
Gooeykeys
@HungryHustlas
@KeyzenCaps
LandCaps Keycaps
Miroticaps
Migicaps
Namong.Art
RathCaps
Sandun Art
Sinpracaps
Shirouu Kaps
TheKeyCat
Win_Key
Yu.Keys
Zerosky.Keycaps

Vendors
CA - DeskHero
China - Zfrontier
EU - MyKeyboardEu
MX - Rheset
SA - Fancy Custom
OCE - Daily Clack
SEA - Zion Studio
USA - Mechs and Co
UK - Proto

Collaborators
TBA

Acknowledgments
  • V for the art direction
  • Captomaniacs for the Banner and Signature
  • To Puncus and Skok for doing the renders
  • To Koobaczech and Invezting for allowing me to show off their awesome Keyboards with my set
  • To sGhost for doing the renders for the kitting!
  • To angelmayaflores for helping with the novelties and Deskmat
  • To all my mods and mocos as well.

Show Your Support by Using This Signature! Thank you

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112479.0][img width=330 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/i1fL0jJ.png[/img][/url]

Social:
Instagram
Discord

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 December 2023, 11:55:14 by arq1999 »

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
Re: [IC] GMK BIRD
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 21:58:06 »
Reversed

Offline arq1999

Re: [IC] GMK BIRD
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 21:58:10 »
Reserved

Offline ダbruh

Re: [IC] GMK Bird
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 21:59:42 »
nice  :thumb:

Offline ab042896

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:01:56 »
edit: i'm dumb
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 April 2021, 23:33:56 by ab042896 »

Offline caghuama

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:02:58 »
 :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:04:43 by caghuama »

Offline Coquelox18

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:04:18 »
Nice ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:06:48 by Coquelox18 »

Offline FerPL

• www.rheset.mx
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:05:07 »
Reserved

Offline mixistor

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:08:55 »
nice set dude!  ;D

Offline brunosan_.

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:10:40 »
Nice  :thumb:

Offline JomiKarloz

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:14:28 »
Love the bird, love the set

Offline Yuinth

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:19:48 »
I like the colors and the inspiration, can't wait to see the collabs. GLWIC & GB.

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:22:46 »
looks good but i have to make the akko joke

jkjk nice set for real, hope it gets to GB
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:26:27 by Sax_______ »

Offline SonnyTubbs

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:32:48 »
yes

Offline novelflyer

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:53:52 »
I'd love some artisans collabs!

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 22:56:11 »
I love it

Reserved

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 23:14:43 »
Reversed GMK Night Runner?

get prescription for glasses, looks like you'll need it  :thumb:

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 23:22:02 »
Nice set.. Nautilus-y vibes.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline ab042896

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 23:36:57 »
get prescription for glasses, looks like you'll need it  :thumb:

lmao, had night tint on my monitor :confused:

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 23:53:15 »
Very nice!! I'd love to see another deskmat, maybe with a feather design

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 00:22:55 »
The bird is the word

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 02:24:36 »
as much as I love macaws, this seems a bit similar to a couple other sets, no?

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 03:02:58 »
You will have to substantiate that claim. Could you say which couple of other sets, so buyers can decide?

I was thinking this is something relatively novel, as opposed to all the sets that are variations on Dolch or Honeywell, for example.

But maybe I am just not into all the sets that have run already, and I still have something to learn from you.

Then again, unless it’s a blatant shameless ripoff (and I’ll have to be the judge of that, after being shown the similar other sets) I’ll probably buy it even if it’s close to those other sets.

That’s because the GBs for those other sets have run already, so my only option to get the predecessors is to pay way above GB price on r/mm, for sets that are possibly already shiny from somebody else’s oily fingers.

Offline P103

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 03:22:43 »
You will have to substantiate that claim. Could you say which couple of other sets, so buyers can decide?

I was thinking this is something relatively novel, as opposed to all the sets that are variations on Dolch or Honeywell, for example.

But maybe I am just not into all the sets that have run already, and I still have something to learn from you.

Then again, unless it’s a blatant shameless ripoff (and I’ll have to be the judge of that, after being shown the similar other sets) I’ll probably buy it even if it’s close to those other sets.

That’s because the GBs for those other sets have run already, so my only option to get the predecessors is to pay way above GB price on r/mm, for sets that are possibly already shiny from somebody else’s oily fingers.

The only good gmk sets are the fully shiny ones, also this does look close to nautilus, but yeah let the wallets decide.

Offline Coby

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 03:56:54 »
 For some odd reason this set reminds of Ninja, i like it a lot and it looks phenomenal GLWIC  :thumb:

Offline Eonday

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 04:03:40 »
I really want to like this set

Offline Izeri

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 04:20:28 »
I personally find the name "Bird" extremely bland, imo you could've definitely done better on that aspect. I also don't understand the appeal on that extra N in base, and I'd say that some of your novelties aren't within specs. GLWIC

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 04:38:39 »
Ktting feedback:
_ Novelty: as the majority of the community is 65/75s, I recommend moving those R4 1u novelties to cover the right nav column from R1 to R4, I use paint to modify your novelty kit so you can visualize my idea, I attach the file in this comment. By doing this, you give more people incentive and reason to buy this kit.
_ Spacebar kit: please add a 6.25u accent space bar to this kit. This also gives more people incentive and reason to buy it.
I want to echo someone about the naming, I believe Bird is kinda bland for the name, how about using the science name of the bird for the set?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 06:24:55 by nvh2092 »

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 05:13:07 »

How about GMK Nautilus (R1 and R2). I'd say colorwise these are similar.
ThocKeys.com

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 06:44:41 »

That may well be, good point. Though I still like the other colours he/she worked in with the blue. I’ll have to see what the novelties on Nautilus looks like.

I’d say the impression with Nautilus is more formal, navy-like, where this is more tropical and exotic.

Offline FlitzDeelman

[IC] GMK Bird
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 06:48:59 »

That may well be, good point. Though I still like the other colours he/she worked in with the blue. I’ll have to see what the novelties on Nautilus looks like.

I’d say the impression with Nautilus is more formal, navy-like, where this is more tropical and exotic.
Yeah, Nautilus does look very similar, I have to concede. However, I still think the impression created is different with the more vibrant blue and the yellow legends on the alphas, instead of cyan legends.

I’m still interested.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 06:50:37 by FlitzDeelman »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 07:02:05 »

My gut says you wouldn't use those words to describe those sets if you weren't familiar with the novelties and designer based 'themes' for them and were just presented with colors.

Offline arq1999

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:28:21 »
I personally find the name "Bird" extremely bland, imo you could've definitely done better on that aspect. I also don't understand the appeal on that extra N in base, and I'd say that some of your novelties aren't within specs. GLWIC

Well It's because its for my community which they use the Ñ. Internaltional kits barely make it to MOQ even with popular sets. I'll re check the novelties. Thank you

Offline arq1999

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:34:28 »
Ktting feedback:
_ Novelty: as the majority of the community is 65/75s, I recommend moving those R4 1u novelties to cover the right nav column from R1 to R4, I use paint to modify your novelty kit so you can visualize my idea, I attach the file in this comment. By doing this, you give more people incentive and reason to buy this kit.
_ Spacebar kit: please add a 6.25u accent space bar to this kit. This also gives more people incentive and reason to buy it.
I want to echo someone about the naming, I believe Bird is kinda bland for the name, how about using the science name of the bird for the set?
Thank you so much for the feedback! Ill be redoing the kitting for the novelties and the spacebars kit to what you said.
Now to the name I just wanted something simple. But I dont mind considering new ones. Maybe GMK Dream Bird?.

Offline arq1999

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 08:49:55 »

My gut says you wouldn't use those words to describe those sets if you weren't familiar with the novelties and designer based 'themes' for them and were just presented with colors.

Hey. I updated the IC with FAQ and with small evolution in of the set and how it came to be the way it is. It is a vibrant blue. The mods are dark blue because before they were black. I changed this because when working in the novelties I noticed that the bird would come out black and the bird is not black.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 09:12:47 »
Ktting feedback:
Thank you so much for the feedback! Ill be redoing the kitting for the novelties and the spacebars kit to what you said.
Now to the name I just wanted something simple. But I dont mind considering new ones. Maybe GMK Dream Bird?.
I look at the bird and the first thing comes to my mind is that blue parrot from the cartoon "Rio", so I don't know, as long as the name is not only "Bird", it's gonna be ok.

Offline Azernith

• board enjoyer
Re: [IC] GMK Dream Bird
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 10:43:02 »
Nawtilus but bird, GLWIC set look sick

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 10:52:36 »
Maybe GMK Hyacinth Macaw can be used ? I don't like the name of Bird, it is very unappealing

No offense
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 10:54:16 by treeleaf64 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline arq1999

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 11:25:52 »
Maybe GMK Hyacinth Macaw can be used ? I don't like the name of Bird, it is very unappealing

No offense

I don't want to use the name macaw for the reason that I put in the FAQ. Also they do call then the dream bird so.

Offline udller

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 12:06:16 »
i was hoping for a yellow big bird set :(. still looks nice though.

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 12:55:06 »

The more the community grows, the more we have to be aware of other languages and characters. Just trying to be a little bit more inclusive.

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 12:58:05 »
Hey. I updated the IC with FAQ and with small evolution in of the set and how it came to be the way it is. It is a vibrant blue. The mods are dark blue because before they were black. I changed this because when working in the novelties I noticed that the bird would come out black and the bird is not black.

Thanks. I still think it creates a different impression to Nautilus, and I like the vibrant blue. Good work, IMO!

Another question, please. I can see the set would look well on boards that are
- gray
- black
- a very specific shade of blue.

I imagine it will also look OK on silver and e-white. Can you propose any other colours where this would work well? Can you help with renders that would help us see your examples?

Thanks!

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 13:25:49 »
GMK IKEA... might be a bit too much, but I am definitely getting Swedish associations when I see these colours.
It is growing on me.

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 14:39:28 »
Cool set, great job!

Offline Joojeh

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 14:51:12 »
I love the shade of blue on the base and the deskmat. GLWIC!  :p

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 15:16:32 »

I mean.... i is literally a taihao set more than anything kek
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Cary2060

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 15:25:08 »
This looks great! I need to buy these when it becomes available!

Offline arq1999

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 15:36:51 »

Show Image

I mean.... i is literally a taihao set more than anything kek

Is very hard to take a picture of the chips. That's why I haven't post it in ic it self
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2021, 15:41:16 by arq1999 »

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 23:43:27 »
Is very hard to take a picture of the chips. That's why I haven't post it in ic it self

Thanks!

=== Colours vs predecessors ===

I conceded earlier that this _is_ close to Nautilus. I also picked up that there was an earlier attempt to do a GMK Macaw set, and you weren’t happy with that. I didn’t see that other set.

But I maintain that the impression is different to Nautilus, thanks to the more vibrant blue and the differently coloured alpha legends.

I still like this set. I’m considering getting in on it (if I can afford it) and I didn’t feel like getting in on Nautilus. Any way, I’ll have to buy Nautilus on the aftermarket now even if I wanted it, and I definitely can’t afford that.

=== Colours, matching with keeb colours ===
I would still like renders on different colours of boards please. I want to see colours apart from “the neutral suspects” (e-white, black, silver, grey) and a very specific shade of blue. Ones that you feel might work with this set.

I may go and consult fashion blogs again , like I did to get some ideas what might work with a lavender keyboard.

Offline arq1999

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 09:17:54 »

Thanks!

=== Colours vs predecessors ===

I conceded earlier that this _is_ close to Nautilus. I also picked up that there was an earlier attempt to do a GMK Macaw set, and you weren’t happy with that. I didn’t see that other set.

But I maintain that the impression is different to Nautilus, thanks to the more vibrant blue and the differently coloured alpha legends.

I still like this set. I’m considering getting in on it (if I can afford it) and I didn’t feel like getting in on Nautilus. Any way, I’ll have to buy Nautilus on the aftermarket now even if I wanted it, and I definitely can’t afford that.

=== Colours, matching with keeb colours ===
I would still like renders on different colours of boards please. I want to see colours apart from “the neutral suspects” (e-white, black, silver, grey) and a very specific shade of blue. Ones that you feel might work with this set.

I may go and consult fashion blogs again , like I did to get some ideas what might work with a lavender keyboard.

Thank you so much for your interest. Ill try to make those renders in those colors