Author Topic: [IC] DCS Classic Orange - GB Date/ Prices (12/27/21)  (Read 15673 times)

Offline arq1999

[IC] DCS Classic Orange - GB Date/ Prices (12/27/21)
« on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:35:59 »

TLDR:

What? DCS ABS Double Shoot Set made by Signature Plastics. Production time is 12 weeks
Why DCS? Because of Lead times and Pricing
Pricing? We are targeting MOQ of 200 at $120
Legends? We were planning in using Cherry, but SP doesn't have it for the international kit so we are going with Gorton
Colors? Stock SP Colors! No Color matching
Alphas: WA
Legends: OAS
Mods: OAS
Legends: WA

IC Form
Please Fill up the form so we can see how we can improve it and price this accordingly to aim for a higher MOQ

Update 3/24/22:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been in the process of moving and taking a bit of break from the hobby. The GB is delay at least for now. Sorry about this

Update 12/27/21:
Hi! guys long time no update. First of all Happy holidays. Now the important stuff. Bad news? I asked for quotes before the IC and after the IC by myself just to know how is the price is looking. SP gave us the wrong quotes... They quotes us only 80 Keys instead of the 149. We only found this out when our vendor reach out to confirm again the prices. We tried to met in the middle. I just want to be very transparent. Sadly because of this price changes then we wont be able to do the $120. Now here are the prices

Spacebars Kit: The spacebars kit with both colors and 10u spacebars was too expensive with the price change. So we choose just splitting the bars kit.

GB Date 03/01/22

Kits
Base Kit
Aiming for the following: MOQ 200 = $120

Alt Alphas

White Spacebars Kit

Orange Spacebars Kit

Macros Kit

Int Kit

Renders

TGR Alice

Sunsetter By Charue Design

TGR Jane

Vendors
KONO. - USA
MyKeyboardEU- EU
DeskHero- CA
ZionStudio- SEA
Daily Clack – AUS
Rheset – MX
Prototypist - UK
zFrontier - ASIA

Background

How it happened.

Well, that was a bit of summary and honestly I really hope you guys like DCS Classic Orange or DCS OOT7OTSPH(One of the 7 Orange that SP had) as we call it between Bingo and myself.

If you would like to run this set in your store reach out!
Discord: arq1999#1999 or MrBingo#5000
Discord Server

As usual all the feedback is welcome and lets us know what you guys think! This was brought to you by Mr. Bingo and Arq1999

Show Your Support by Using This Signature! Thank you

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114236.0][img width=330 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/Yb7uvJa.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Thu, 24 March 2022, 21:40:34 by arq1999 »

Offline arq1999

Re: [IC] DCS Classic Orange - Lead Time 12 Weeks!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:36:22 »
Reserved

Offline MrBingo

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:36:52 »
Reserved

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 14:53:00 »
oh hey you didn't post prematurely this time

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:07:31 »
are those even dcs models?

Offline OJtheTiny

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:08:33 »
2 things to critique here, 3 key 40s support really doesn't make sense outside gmk, would rather see a full kit, and maybe some renders using actual DCS models, not cherry

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:19:22 »
Full orange extension kit let's gooooooo

Offline arq1999

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:42:58 »
are those even dcs models?

We used krk dcs models

Offline arq1999

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:49:30 »
2 things to critique here, 3 key 40s support really doesn't make sense outside gmk, would rather see a full kit, and maybe some renders using actual DCS models, not cherry

Well I disagree on the 40s kit because that works when everything is split but here is not the case. I wanted it to be cost effective and I know that the way I have it at the right moq can be cheaper than splitting everything.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 August 2021, 15:52:32 by arq1999 »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:08:28 »
DCS I'm in

Offline Marichu

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:49:34 »
hell yeah! soda time, i like it

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:59:29 »
kitting needs work, too many default krk keys

Offline arq1999

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 17:15:20 »
According to you kitting is bad and you dont provide feedback in how to improve it. Right? 

Offline Havattack

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 17:54:01 »
No alt orange alphas?..... Are you serious?

Offline arq1999

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 18:08:57 »
No alt orange alphas?..... Are you serious?

SoonTM. I wasnt sure if people wanted it full mono. But ill add it to the list!

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 20:13:16 »
I don't think being combative is the way to respond to negative feedback...maybe ask how the kitting can be improved, perhaps...? Notice how almost all the negative feedback is from users with more posts than you? They must know something...

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 20:34:22 »
According to you kitting is bad and you dont provide feedback in how to improve it. Right?

Remove the 1.5u super and 1u backspace and add f13. The prev and next keys are kinda weird, so I would recommend replacing them with pg up and pg dn to accommodate more 65%/75% layouts. Another alternative is to leave them out to reduce costs. The 1.5u and 1.75u spacebars are unnecessary, so I would get rid of them and add a 1.25u instead. You should also specify whether your 6u bars are off-centered or centered. Finally, your layout of the kits, especially the alt alphas look unprofessional. I would recommend looking at other ICs to find a more clean layout. Also, just as a tip, an IC is guage interest from your potential buyers and being passive-aggressive to those said potential buyers is not a way to sell your set. Be open to criticism to make a set that a lot of people will enjoy. I wish you good luck.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 20:35:29 »
I don't think being combative is the way to respond to negative feedback...maybe ask how the kitting can be improved, perhaps...? Notice how almost all the negative feedback is from users with more posts than you? They must know something...
High post counts are meaningless and shouldn't be seen as an indicator that what the person says holds merit - But what's even more meaningless than that is replies to IC's that claim kitting needs to be improved without even providing context as to how it can be improved.

Not only are these posts a waste of the designers time, they're a waste of time for the person making the comment; if you can take the time to reply with "The kitting needs work", what's stopping you from actually stating how? arq shouldn't need to waste further time by asking how.

The keys provided as part of the base kit are great for the price point.

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 20:44:25 »

Nah Arq's right there. Posting "kitting is bad" then expecting the OP to make a separate reply to that to ask for feedback just clogs up the thread with useless posts. If someone has feedback then they should give it. The entire point of an IC is to gather feedback - the existence of the IC post implicitly solicits it.

@Arq - Are the small DCS bars concave?

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 20:48:53 »
I'm down with all of the DCS love atm. Pairs so so so nice with the Rama Kara.

Offline arq1999

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 23:12:15 »

Remove the 1.5u super and 1u backspace and add f13. The prev and next keys are kinda weird, so I would recommend replacing them with pg up and pg dn to accommodate more 65%/75% layouts. Another alternative is to leave them out to reduce costs. The 1.5u and 1.75u spacebars are unnecessary, so I would get rid of them and add a 1.25u instead. You should also specify whether your 6u bars are off-centered or centered. Finally, your layout of the kits, especially the alt alphas look unprofessional. I would recommend looking at other ICs to find a more clean layout. Also, just as a tip, an IC is guage interest from your potential buyers and being passive-aggressive to those said potential buyers is not a way to sell your set. Be open to criticism to make a set that a lot of people will enjoy. I wish you good luck.

hey! you are right I totally missed the extra 1.5u it wasnt meant to be. Ill add the F13. I decided to used the Prev and Next simply because its a bit of variety. The 65% and 75% can totally used it, but not only that but 40s as well. I was like why not? Now to the bars! I didnt told Mr.Bingo that it was 1.25 and he just used 1.50 we are fixing that. the 1.75u is staying. the 6u are off center Stem and we are going to label it property. Now to the way the alt kit looks! No worries dude, Im editing it right now. I really appreciate your feedback. Sometimes you tunnel vision and you don't see things right and miss stuff. Now I get that you are mad that I responded like that, but I'm tired of the culture of geekhack of just saying that something is wrong but no way to fix it.
For example in GMK Tiel, the OP didn't know how to do images property and everyone was saying it, but no one took their time to explain it. I took my time to do it and even given examples of how to do it properly.

Im always happy to hear contractive criticism.

Nah Arq's right there. Posting "kitting is bad" then expecting the OP to make a separate reply to that to ask for feedback just clogs up the thread with useless posts. If someone has feedback then they should give it. The entire point of an IC is to gather feedback - the existence of the IC post implicitly solicits it.

@Arq - Are the small DCS bars concave?

Hey Mecxs! The small DCS bars are indeed Concave, Ill label it.  Also thank you for understanding where I was coming from.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 August 2021, 23:14:52 by arq1999 »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 12:48:09 »
Are there examples of the icon mods available? Midnight is icon + text

Offline arq1999

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 13:36:03 »
Are there examples of the icon mods available? Midnight is icon + text

Im not sure if there is a sample, but the molds exist otherwise Melissa from SP would have told me otherwise.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 21:13:33 »
ne r5 avail?

Offline fruitykeeb

• Storefront
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 22:36:46 »
oh yeah, hot. 3 key in base is awesome <3

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 21:35:58 »
Make it forced Row 5 and I am in.

Offline arq1999

Re: [IC] DCS Classic Orange - R5 in Base Kit still Targeting $110
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 14:11:44 »
Big update. R5 in base kit

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 20:29:37 »
Big update. R5 in base kit

Oh hell yes. Let's go!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 02:48:22 »

Is this the new galaxy brain way of offering legend-agnostic right column support? :D

Jk. Anyway, the orange you picked is nice, and I always like seeing new DCS sets. Please consider including R3 Pg Up, R4 Pg Dn in base. Depending on pricing, 2× 1.5u Super, 2× 1u Alt may also be worth including, but that takes slightly lower priority. I would also like to see the two-line Scroll↲Lock legend changed to one-line Scroll to better match with the other legends, but I'm not sure if SP has a mold for that.

Question: How similar/different is DCS R5 compared to Cherry R5?

Offline ee

• hi
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 03:13:17 »
nice set i just want to say that the first image says dsc not dcs  :thumb:

Offline Beni986

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 06:03:09 »

It would be the equivalent to Cherry R0 (higher than R1)
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 06:58:42 »
It would be the equivalent to Cherry R0 (higher than R1)
Show Image

Oh, it's that kind of R5. I thought it would be a different bottom row profile. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 10:30:52 »
in just because i need the tsangan for my cherry replica set lol

also i really dislike the high F keys, they look funny and if you poke them from the wrong angle they fly off your keyboard which is weird

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 August 2021, 10:33:24 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zea

• yeh
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 13:22:25 »
lol by R5 i thought you meant cherry R5, DCS R5 looks pretty dumb imo especially when you don't have R5 in bottom row.

consider adding cherry R5 in base and maybe making DCS R5 a child kit?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 14:32:31 »
lol by R5 i thought you meant cherry R5, DCS R5 looks pretty dumb imo especially when you don't have R5 in bottom row.

cherry and DCS don't match and that is a bad, medium solution to what is really a problem solved by having the DCS r5 as its own child kit
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MrBingo

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 17:11:28 »
Show Image

Is this the new galaxy brain way of offering legend-agnostic right column support? :D

Jk. Anyway, the orange you picked is nice, and I always like seeing new DCS sets. Please consider including R3 Pg Up, R4 Pg Dn in base. Depending on pricing, 2× 1.5u Super, 2× 1u Alt may also be worth including, but that takes slightly lower priority. I would also like to see the two-line Scroll↲Lock legend changed to one-line Scroll to better match with the other legends, but I'm not sure if SP has a mold for that.

ups I didn't see that error, let me fix it and send it to arq, thanks for spotting it!.

For the Scroll Lock question, I think they only have that mold, but we can ask and if they have and we will change it for the GB
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 August 2021, 17:16:16 by MrBingo »

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 01:11:09 »
I'm all in
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 14:19:10 »
It will take a lot of persuasion for me to buy this. First of all, it is not green. Second of all, it is Orange. Third, it is the Bright orange which is among the least favorite of the treeleaf's oranges
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 22:09:54 »
It will take a lot of persuasion for me to buy this. First of all, it is not green. Second of all, it is Orange. Third, it is the Bright orange which is among the least favorite of the treeleaf's oranges

respectfully treeleaf, this set bangs

Offline arq1999

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 23:10:28 »
Hi everyone! funny that the one time I go out of town and have no internet at all people are active smh. After findng out that SP didnt had the molds of the Cherry font for INT Kit. First we had to decide if we wanted to drop support or change the font... So we had to re do all the kitting renders to Gordon. In that process I overlooked the kitting issues that we had already fixed that's totally on me and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. 

cherry and DCS don't match and that is a bad, medium solution to what is really a problem solved by having the DCS r5 as its own child kit

Hey puddsy! thank you for the feedback it means alot! So when checking the quotes that we got from SP we saw the the difference between having R5 in base was $3 dollar difference at the MOQ we are aiming. So I though instead of having someone else pay $15 to $20 extras just for a single row it didnt made a lot of sense to me at least. I might be wrong but what do you think? Even having it at base I feel confident that we can still aim for that $115 at MOQ 150.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 August 2021, 23:13:50 by arq1999 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 23:20:54 »
Hey puddsy! thank you for the feedback it means alot! So when checking the quotes that we got from SP we saw the the difference between having R5 in base was $3 dollar difference at the MOQ we are aiming. So I though instead of having someone else pay $15 to $20 extras just for a single row it didnt made a lot of sense to me at least. I might be wrong but what do you think? Even having it at base I feel confident that we can still aim for that $115 at MOQ 150.

personally i think more people will buy a seperate r1/r5 than will buy the INT kit, the conversion rate on NORDE is generally under 5%, but for profile kits it's generally high enough that it's worth trying, especially for $10-15.

i'm generally pretty preference neutral when it comes to profile, but i think tall F keys is more of a novelty than anything else, and might be a cool unique add-on. i don't think it's something worth including in base.

$115 base with a $20-40 add on (such as extension kit or novelties) is a pretty common rate to pay for a quality keyset these days, so i don't think it's a crazy ask.

some might say DCS is lower quality, but i doubt those people have used a DCS set extensively. few people who entered the community after like 2018 have. the keycaps are thinner, but quality is on par with GMK or CRP, maybe slightly better since the wyse legends have very few issues aside from "some people think they look weird."

with enough vendor support you should be able to get all kits made for this at a reasonable price.

Offline arq1999

Re: [IC] DCS Classic Orange - GB Date/ Prices (12/27/21)
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 07:21:05 »
Hey guys! Big update in the post. Thank you for the support and let me know what you guys think!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:31:01 »
raise MOQ on spacebar kit to save money. $30 is highway ****ing robbery for that, and more people will buy them if they're cheaper.

also since when does SP have 3u molds in DCS? that's new i think. and DCS 6us are not the same as GMK 6us, so they might not work with every board (including PFU HHKBs).

Offline arq1999

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 11:32:34 »
raise MOQ on spacebar kit to save money. $30 is highway ****ing robbery for that, and more people will buy them if they're cheaper.

also since when does SP have 3u molds in DCS? that's new i think. and DCS 6us are not the same as GMK 6us, so they might not work with every board (including PFU HHKBs).

Ill try to get it lower, but lets be honest there is not a lot of people who need more spacebars that are already include in the base kit.

SP doesnt have 6u off center

Offline HYTE-Eddie

• HYTE
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 11:45:05 »
This set looks awesome on the TGR Alice layout!

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 16:21:41 »
It wasn't mentioned that the 10u bars were being dropped. Assuming no 10u bars since I don't see them in any of the updated kits?  :(

Offline Tyson

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 16:36:54 »
This set looks awesome on the TGR Alice layout!

Can we see renders of the set on the SR65? I think that would look awesome.

Offline ArkOberon

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 20:42:47 »
Just checking in, are there any new updates?

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 10:18:37 »
Can't believe I missed this and didn't show support back then.
This needs a redo if possible, would 100% buy

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 21:41:01 »
Last update was the GB being delayed, it is still delayed correct? Or postponed indefinitely?