Author Topic: Best place to order a self-designed keycap set?  (Read 3329 times)

Offline CMYKatt

Best place to order a self-designed keycap set?
« on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 02:11:41 »
I designed a 108-key ANSI keycap set for myself, and would like them on Cherry profile caps, but I'm having trouble deciding where to have them produced. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer they have personal experience with?

My biggest concern is finding a manufacturer who will be VERY good about keeping the legends aligned & centering the graphics on the caps, since my OCD very literally will not let me use anything where the printing has been messed up and/or misaligned. At the very least, a company who is willing to replace keys that are misprinted would also be a huge win.

Offline fanf

• Tony Finch's home page
Re: Best place to order a self-designed keycap set?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 04:05:03 »
I got a set printed by WASD Keyboards. The alignment seemed perfect to me, up to the limits of my design skills. Their keycaps are OEM rather than Cherry.

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 15:23:03 »
I think WASD is the only option I know. They made decent keycaps. The downside is that it is very thin, and the printing method will eventually wear off under heavy use. It is still great if you use it for display.
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline 12voltgoalie

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 14:40:11 »
I am going to try Goblin Tech Keys

https://goblintechkeys.com/

Ive heard some good things on youtube including a video where they were measured to be just as thick as epbt and gmk.

not sure if other members can chime in since I am curious to hear some feedback as well.

Offline CMYKatt

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 18:17:06 »

https://goblintechkeys.com/

Ive heard some good things on youtube including a video where they were measured to be just as thick as epbt and gmk.

not sure if other members can chime in since I am curious to hear some feedback as well.

That's actually where I've been looking at, too. Good to know about that youtube review!! Their ratings and reviews all seem to be above board as well which is reassuring. Guess I'll have to place my order and report back lolol

Offline SherwoodJast

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 02:05:01 »

https://goblintechkeys.com/suika game

As for me, I need to consider further through many different reviews. I need a two-way evaluation to decide whether to use it or not.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 December 2023, 19:35:13 by SherwoodJast »

Offline dabeshu

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 December 2023, 10:48:39 »
would be cool if gmk did this. just input things like color, language / font / unicode characters of legends, the sublegends and those characteristics, pad printing options, whatever.

Offline CMYKatt

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 December 2023, 18:29:10 »
Just placed my order with GoblinTechKeys for an ANSI 108-key keycap set, so fingers crossed!! I'll post my review here once I get them.

This is the set I designed and ordered btw :)
305001-0

Offline 12voltgoalie

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 18:23:02 »
That looks awesome.

Cant wait to see how it turns out.

I ordered basic all black with red letters. 

Its so hard to find a normal looking set of black and red keycaps (Like the gmk demonic set)

Offline JLC

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 31 March 2024, 04:17:58 »
would be cool if gmk did this. just input things like color, language / font / unicode characters of legends, the sublegends and those characteristics, pad printing options, whatever.
I would love this. In some ways I think it could be the next phase of custom keyboards, if the costs ever came down enough.

Offline 12voltgoalie

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 31 March 2024, 10:10:03 »
Ill try to post pics later, but I went with a basic setup from Goblintech keys.

The colors are a lot dimmer than I was expecting.

I ordered this for a 96% board and they accidently sent me a full size 0 key

they sent me the correct 1u 0 key, but it took over a month and they never communicated with me that a replacement was sent until i contacted them.

the new cap had the incorrect size font for the 0 so I am again waiting for another keycap to show up and its been over a month.

so I have been waiting for almost 4 months to use a set of keycaps that I am probably just going to sell because the color is so off.