geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Couple of case ideas for hhkb pro case

(1/4) > >>

dbfj:
I wanted something to store my hhkb, so I put this case together as a prototype using MDF, canvas and some salvaged foam.  The photos distort the angles a bit.  Planning on doing a more finished version week after next.  Also planning to put together a soft shell version in the near future.

cactux:
What is the max weight that you have in mind for this case?

dbfj:
Here's a plastic case I picked up at this afternoon and stuffed with some foam (might add a vacuum mold).  I was surprised how well it fit.  $3.99 at Hobby Lobby.

dbfj:

--- Quote from: cactux on Fri, 27 July 2012, 00:26:38 ---What is the max weight that you have in mind for this case?

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming you're referring to the weight of the case, not the load-bearing capacity.  I didn't think that far in advance - it's 1/4 mdf.  Before I wrapped it in canvas, I rubber coated it, so it has some additional weight on top of that.  I expected it to be heavier than it is - the plan for the softer shell version will be much lighter.

cactux:
^ That is correct the max total weight of the case itself. IMO that plus the level of protection are very important, if this case targets the road warriors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version