Author Topic: Create a logo for Geekhack  (Read 3982 times)

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
Create a logo for Geekhack
« on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 20:49:56 »
So, I was thinking we could get some of our wonderful community members to try their hand at creating a nice logo for geekhack.  It would be nice if we could have a symbol to represent geekhack, which would make for some great keycaps. The reason I thought of getting a symbol to associate with the forum is to make some row 2 keys with said symbol, the replace the G and H keys with.  I'll definitely run a GB for it once we settle on one.

Maybe we keep it simple, so we can have a legend created at SP and bang out tons of keys with our logo. Or go all out and make some nice dyesub keys.  All submissions are welcome.   We'll have to decide on a "judges panel" at some point in time, but for now submit away!(unless you all hate the idea, in which case threadcrap away :D)
| Poker MX Red |

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: Create a logo for Geekhack
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 22:43:19 »
This has been discussed in the past, and the consensus usually is that the "GEEK HACK" keys are pretty iconic already so there's no need to manufacture a logo.

That said, if someone comes up with something cool, I am in for a couple. :P

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 22:45:19 »
STICKERS HASH

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 22:48:44 »
Designing a logo that isn't just text would be a good idea. Maybe I'll ask the wife if she can figure something out.
Stickers, mkawa!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 22:53:22 »
yes! your wife is cool! she can come up with something cool! yay! cool stuff! yay!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 23:21:26 »
So let's spitball ideas. What would people want in a logo? Would they want text at all? Would colors be important or would black and white be fine? Do we want a character/mascot? (I propose mkawa's mystery keycap ;) LOLOLOLOL)

If you come up with some ideas the wife would have no problem working on something. She just doesn't really see what the community would want in a logo by herself as she isn't into all this keyboard and plastic stuff :).

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 August 2012, 23:47:26 »
the url has to appear somewhere

indexed color and fewer colors is better (easier to print)

hate u (not my damn keycap)

it doesn't have anything to do with keyboards, honestly. we're just geeks who like making stuff and enjoy the feel

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 01:44:04 »
i like your feel, but it is a vanity feel, with your username at the top. feels OK

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 01:48:33 »
are you implying that we all wear glasses?*

*i wear glasses

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 02:09:35 »
nooo don't delete! i was just poking a bit of fun :D

please repost. a glasses gap would certainly be fun

Offline Glissant

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 02:14:00 »
See what you did, mkawa. You are a bad bad bad person, but I forgive you since you got me that nice mystery keycap

This is the last time I poke fun :).

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 06:34:38 »
i would think just an image would be fine, but as for what that image would entail i have no clue.  i would say keep it basic enough to plaster over thousands of keycaps , lol.  Maybe just "GH" but photoshopped to overlap in a nice font, i dunno
| Poker MX Red |