touch typing asymmetry

<< < (2/3) > >>

microsoft windows:

--- Quote from: ripster;156703 ---Couple of options -

Hack a M
Show Image

Spend the big bucks
Show Image

I dunno.  Sounds better than it works when I tried it.  The top left row was great but the bottom left row was a PITA.
--- End quote ---

Ripster, were you able to split up the Return key?

bigpook:

--- Quote from: webwit;156709 ---No, you need symmetry and blindness for the perfect harmony!

Nobuyuki Tsujii. I've never seen a crowd go mad like that after a classical performance. The really creepy thing is in that competition there was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Rwxe7FJwk[/youtube]]one guy[/URL] even better. Of course he had to be Chinese.
--- End quote ---

nice,I listened to both. I feel better about humanity when I see/hear such talent.

onowak:
if you are just learning how to touch-type, i would recommend learning dvorak or colemak.

i finally learned how to touch-type last year and used it as an opportunity to learn dvorak. never regretted it.

HaaTa:

--- Quote from: ripster;156751 ---You mean on the Model F AT?  I haven't tried to see if I can activate that extra pad under ENTER yet.

--- End quote ---

That's my project after I get back from Hokkaido. I'm really liking the Model F to type on, just getting pissed off at the Backspace. Everything else is pretty much a non-issue, or I can fix it with software.

HaaTa:

--- Quote from: webwit;156754 ---Cool. Best fix so far I think is mapping backspace to caps lock, colemak style, and forget about the small one to the top right.
--- End quote ---

Lol, not much work for me, since I use Colemak. I've only had the chance to use it for a day, so I haven't had much time to adjust my habits for the backspace. I miss the Backspace where the normal CapsLock is, but I like the Ctrl there too. Guess I should just stop making mistakes and then life's good :P .

I have a full set of Model M keycaps I got with the Model F (from Trievalot), so I want to try and mod up a normal sized Backspace and Enter. If I don't like it I'll just put it back the way it was.

Speaking of annoyingly sized keys, look at the bizarre freaks of nature I found today in Akihabara.

If I didn't already have two (well four, two for my 701 and two for my 901) I would've picked one of these up.

I saw an Apple II and this keyboard. I did take pictures but for some reason they didn't save. I think this is a WYSI or some order of those initials.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version