Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 464185 times)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 08:26:18 »
Got a point there. There is definitely a big difference between a non smoker starting to vape in comparison to someone who heavily relies on cigs switching to vaping as a much healthier alternative. I guess anything electronic can malfunction which is why there are certain safety precautions to using them. My brother started really smoking after all the stress from working at the ER which is what prompted me to ask about vaping since it sounds like he would be better off with this rather than smoking.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:07:36 »
Just found this thread and digging in for some reading. I am looking to quit smoking and really need to find an alternative . I have some friends that use these for a couple of different applications but I figure I would read up before dropping some money on one as they can get expensive. I have tried gum,patches, medication and even bought one of those cheap ass blu e cigs but never really used it...... Any recommendations would be helpful
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #402 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:59:29 »
Just found this thread and digging in for some reading. I am looking to quit smoking and really need to find an alternative . I have some friends that use these for a couple of different applications but I figure I would read up before dropping some money on one as they can get expensive. I have tried gum,patches, medication and even bought one of those cheap ass blu e cigs but never really used it...... Any recommendations would be helpful

Vaping has been the only method that has helped me quit smoking as well. My mother also used vaping to quit smoking, and hasn't smoked a cigarette in two years now. She just recently switched to 0mg liquid too.

I can recommend the Kanger Subtank Mini and the iTaste MVP 3 as a really nice combo. Or if you want something cheaper and smaller, I really liked my Aspire Nautilus Mini. Not sure on a battery to recommend for the Nautilus, I had a Joyetech E-go, and it was so-so with that tank. Not quite enough power as I would have liked.

The MVP 3 has been a great battery for me, the charge lasts forever and it gives the Subtank the power it needs. It also comes in handy for charging my phone and things via USB.

The Subtank Mini.. is just amazing. Great, reliable tank that's easy to take apart. Great flavour and vapour production! Also the rebuildable coil base is pretty neat too.

Good luck quitting Sed8! Vaping has been one of the best investments I've made in recent memory, I really enjoy it.. and it's so much easier on the wallet than cigarettes (which means more keyboards!  :)) ), not to mention that I feel way healthier.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 10:31:34 »

Vaping has been the only method that has helped me quit smoking as well. My mother also used vaping to quit smoking, and hasn't smoked a cigarette in two years now. She just recently switched to 0mg liquid too.

I can recommend the Kanger Subtank Mini and the iTaste MVP 3 as a really nice combo. Or if you want something cheaper and smaller, I really liked my Aspire Nautilus Mini. Not sure on a battery to recommend for the Nautilus, I had a Joyetech E-go, and it was so-so with that tank. Not quite enough power as I would have liked.

The MVP 3 has been a great battery for me, the charge lasts forever and it gives the Subtank the power it needs. It also comes in handy for charging my phone and things via USB.

The Subtank Mini.. is just amazing. Great, reliable tank that's easy to take apart. Great flavour and vapour production! Also the rebuildable coil base is pretty neat too.

Good luck quitting Sed8! Vaping has been one of the best investments I've made in recent memory, I really enjoy it.. and it's so much easier on the wallet than cigarettes (which means more keyboards!  :)) ), not to mention that I feel way healthier.
hells ya meow I will check those out ! Thanks for coming through for me 8) also my SSK is now one of my favorite boards thanks for your help with that 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 12:01:57 »

hells ya meow I will check those out ! Thanks for coming through for me 8) also my SSK is now one of my favorite boards thanks for your help with that 8)

No problem! If you get a Subtank or Nautilus Mini, I think you'll be impressed with vaping. I've tried Blu e-cigs and other crappy ones like that, and they did nothing at all for me.

After the Subtank, you could dive into custom rebuildables, but I haven't gone that far yet. So far I'm enjoying the simplicity of filling a tank and vaping away.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out if I can.

No problem on the SSK, I'm glad to help! :) I love mine too, it's freaking amazing to type on. Definitely my favourite board.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:24:22 »
Thanks to BunnyLake i finally got decent set up running 😀

Already ordered a tuglyfe tube RDA kit to start wrapping my own coils

Addicted
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:38:04 »

Show Image

Addicted
Does bunny have his own Wax seal  ?! How freaking cool is that   :eek:

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #407 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:32:06 »

Show Image

Addicted
Does bunny have his own Wax seal  ?! How freaking cool is that   :eek:

No no
That's from a juice distributer,

Bunny helped me find the right gear for what I was looking 😋

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 13:40:52 »
How's the tugboat with that subtank?

I've got a new ipv3 li for temp control that I'm really liking and I think the battery in my istick is dying so I'm debating shopping for a new internal battery mod.

If you want a box full of old style/gen tanks (kanger aerotanks/aspire nautilus) and mods (mvp v2/vtr), I have my old set up just sitting around doing nothing.  It'll need coils and juice, but I'll even throw an 18650 in for the vtr.  Let me know and I'll at least loan it to you until you know if vaping is for you.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #409 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 14:47:50 »
How's the tugboat with that subtank?

I've got a new ipv3 li for temp control that I'm really liking and I think the battery in my istick is dying so I'm debating shopping for a new internal battery mod.

If you want a box full of old style/gen tanks (kanger aerotanks/aspire nautilus) and mods (mvp v2/vtr), I have my old set up just sitting around doing nothing.  It'll need coils and juice, but I'll even throw an 18650 in for the vtr.  Let me know and I'll at least loan it to you until you know if vaping is for you.

It's dope! But sadly since it's my only vape right now I have no frame of reference. But it holds a crazy long charge and the sub tank mini lasts forever :D. Perfect for at home heavy use, only downside is it's not very portable.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 15:27:01 »

I might have people disagree with me on this, but my theory on the matter is that vaping is better for you than smoking, but not better than not intaking nicotine at all.  I have vaped for about 6 years now, and it has been a great departure from cigarettes, but I do not consider myself to have "quit".  I still intake nicotine and still tend to rely on it as a crutch that is largely unnecessary.  But as smokers, we are addicted, so its not so simple as replacing one form with another.  I do vape the lowest strength juice I can buy, but I still use.  So it is great if you want to stop smoking cigarettes, smelling like ass and being a social stigma, but for "quitting" its not the best way. IMO.

I recently read the first half of a book by allen carr, called allen carr's easy way to stop smoking:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436732295&sr=8-1&keywords=quit+smoking+the+easy+way

And after I read just half, I quit vaping and smoking for about 2 months, but I never finished the book.  And the book even tells you not to stop smoking until you finish reading it, so I just did it wrong.  I have 2 friends who read the book and have both been smoke free for over a year just by reading the book and basically cold turkeying it.

Another draw that vaping has to people like us, which I know you are because you are here on a mechanical keyboard forum, is that it is a wildly fun and expensive hobby. There are great communities of vapers around and making friends with your local vape shop is a really fun way to learn about the new new vapes on the market.  And with hundreds of juice makers selling nationwide you can never get bored of flavors.  So vaping is a lot like keyboards, you can read, research, test and buy everything to your hearts content and have really nice mod. And I can tell, that if you start, you will do it right.

That being said, and me being back on the ecig again. I bought a cheap setup from fasttech this week to test out a few different mods that I haven't tried before.  Got a "Pirate Flag" RDA and a simple 22mm tube mod, and a nemisis clone and combo with the clone of the nemisis RDA. (Fasttech is cheap because all their stuff is reproductions of nice mods, but its a good way to see if you like how stuff functions. So I spent 60$ on 2 full setups that I will test and if I like, will buy the real versions. 

I currently vape a Just GG with an Omega RDA that I have had for years, and at some point decided it was good enough and that I didn't want to spend more money on vaping... it lasted for a little while anyway.....

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 15:54:42 »
Wow thanks TJ, Punks and Invader 8) there's a hell of a lot more to this then I first thought.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 15:58:30 »
Wow thanks TJ, Punks and Invader 8) there's a hell of a lot more to this then I first thought.

It's a lot easier to get into today than it was a couple years ago.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 20:30:28 »
got my first RDA in today and tried my hand at wrapping coils, fun stuff!

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 07:20:32 »
I got a KBOX for free and it has been just sitting on my desk due to a dead battery. How do I charge this bad boy?

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 08:08:38 »
Built my own box mod recently.  Variable voltage with dual 18650s, regulated with a Raptor 10A chip and it has reverse polarity protection with resettable 10A fuses.  All of the smaller electronics are mounted on a small PCB ( https://oshpark.com/profiles/Iron_Lung_Electronic_Design ).  Rest of the components I sourced from Mouser (except of the digital voltage meter and magnets - got those from Amazon).  Used a Fat Daddy V4 510 connector and I am running a Subtank Mini currently.

Mouser Parts List - Box
611-1203M1S3ZQE2 | 1
652-3352T-1-201LF | 1
612-PV5S64011 | 1
534-1049 | 1
576-16R500GU | 2
781-SUP75P03-07-E3 | 1
894-NQR010A0X4Z | 1
546-1590B-BK | 1

Mouser Parts List - SMD components
810-C2012X5R1C226M | 1
71-CRCW0603-220-E3 | 1
71-CRCW0603-5.1K-E3 | 1
810-C1608X5R1A106M | 1
(I actually have spare boards and SMD parts for them)

Wiring Diagram

Work in progress

Completed Build

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:00:51 »
I can't believe it look me until just now to find this thread.
Started vaping in December and, although I still smoke the occasional cig, I haven't gone back.

Started with an Eleaf iJust with Asipire Nautilus tanks. Used that for a few months but I really wanted to get an RDA so I picked up a Mutation X Mod and Swirlfish RDA on vapordna.com.

Here's a shot of it after I got a Lemo 2 (which I rarely use). Since this, I've gotten a Royal Hunter RDA and absolutely love it!

Also, made this a while back to hold my tanks that aren't currently being used.

Also, after using a lot of "premium" juices I found http://mechsauce.com/. Prices are what made me at least try some, and I have to say, quality and flavor are as good as any of the so called premium brands.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 22:58:37 »
Post above made me look into the ijust (there's a 2 now that doesn't use removable batteries now) EDIT: nvm i prefer regulated mods and found a temp control version of my istick that just came out. 

I thought I was set up with my istick 30w and ipv3 li...

Oh and I'm probably going to try a delta 2 with ti coil this weekend if one of my local shops has them in stock. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 23:38:15 by tjcaustin »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #418 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 06:34:31 »
Post above made me look into the ijust (there's a 2 now that doesn't use removable batteries now) EDIT: nvm i prefer regulated mods and found a temp control version of my istick that just came out. 

Oh and I'm probably going to try a delta 2 with ti coil this weekend if one of my local shops has them in stock.

The iJust IS a regulated mod. Here's where I got mine:
http://www.eciggity.com/ismoka-eleaf-ijust-kit/
But the tank it comes with is absolute ****

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 14:04:36 »

Yeah, I saw that, I'd meant that the 2 wasn't regulated anymore.  They just threw a huge battery in it.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #420 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 15:54:36 »

Yeah, I saw that, I'd meant that the 2 wasn't regulated anymore.  They just threw a huge battery in it.

Ahh. I gotcha. Didn't realized the new one was like that. I've been using unregulated mods for a while now and love it.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 16:20:09 »

Ahh. I gotcha. Didn't realized the new one was like that. I've been using unregulated mods for a while now and love it.

Yeah and I'm the other way around.  I'll probably end up with two temp control mods once innokin releases the one that will temp control anything (ni200, nichrome, titanium or kanthal).  I may just get the new istick that does temp control though, too.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 01:25:40 »
Built my own box mod recently.  Variable voltage with dual 18650s, regulated with a Raptor 10A chip and it has reverse polarity protection with resettable 10A fuses.  All of the smaller electronics are mounted on a small PCB ( https://oshpark.com/profiles/Iron_Lung_Electronic_Design ).  Rest of the components I sourced from Mouser (except of the digital voltage meter and magnets - got those from Amazon).  Used a Fat Daddy V4 510 connector and I am running a Subtank Mini currently.

Mouser Parts List - Box
611-1203M1S3ZQE2 | 1
652-3352T-1-201LF | 1
612-PV5S64011 | 1
534-1049 | 1
576-16R500GU | 2
781-SUP75P03-07-E3 | 1
894-NQR010A0X4Z | 1
546-1590B-BK | 1

Mouser Parts List - SMD components
810-C2012X5R1C226M | 1
71-CRCW0603-220-E3 | 1
71-CRCW0603-5.1K-E3 | 1
810-C1608X5R1A106M | 1
(I actually have spare boards and SMD parts for them)

Wiring Diagram
Show Image

Work in progress
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Completed Build
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very cool box, I love simplicity and smooth looking stuff. Great job!

This has been a very fun week, I ordered a **** ton of different juices, and have been having little sample tastes with my pre bed routine. (Sitting on the deck and enjoying summer daylight before crashing)

Working a physical job sucks so kicking back for 30 mins vaping is the most relaxing parts of my day

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 17:10:54 »
I don't smoke myself, but could you guys maybe give me some recommendations? I'd like to give my father an alternative from smoking.

Could you guys recommend something that an older guy could use with ease and that a pack a day smoker would enjoy? Money is not a big issue, but I'd prefer it to be reasonable considering this is just an experiment.

I'm not really sure about everything you even need to start vaping either, so I might need a quick link/summary of that to understand.

Is it as good as a cigarette, to you guys that used to smoke a lot? Are any health claims true?

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:46:52 »
I don't smoke myself, but could you guys maybe give me some recommendations? I'd like to give my father an alternative from smoking.

Could you guys recommend something that an older guy could use with ease and that a pack a day smoker would enjoy? Money is not a big issue, but I'd prefer it to be reasonable considering this is just an experiment.

I'm not really sure about everything you even need to start vaping either, so I might need a quick link/summary of that to understand.

Is it as good as a cigarette, to you guys that used to smoke a lot? Are any health claims true?

I'm probably not nearly qualified enough to start making recommendations on hardware, but I've been vaping for around 2 years now. Right now I'm running a Innokin MVP2 with a Kanger Protank 3. I've just ordered the Kanger Subox starter, expecting that next week.

I was a smoker for about 6 years prior to vaping, and I was about a pack-a-day man. As a smoker, I was fond of cigarettes that hit hard and were very strong. My smoke of choice was Lucky Strikes. I find that vaping is even better than smoking. Even the basic kits (with the right liquid) can hit harder than a cigarette. Smokers who have tried my vaporizer often remark that it's a lot stronger throat hit than their cigarettes.

The sub ohm kits seem to be where it's at today. They've got easy levels of adjustability, everything is pretty modular. You'll have your mod - this will contain your battery and electronics, and you'll have a tank. The tank will have a removable atomizer in it. The atomizer is what actually vaporizes the liquid. In terms of usage, he'll just need to be sure the mod is charged (if it has onboard charging, if not, he'll just need to pull the battery(ies) and put them in a charger), he'll need to fill the tank with liquid as it runs low, and he'll need to change the atomizer as needed.

I don't think it'll be a good idea to get an older guy on a rebuildable deck, unless he's the kind of guy that enjoys the feeling of tinkering and doing everything himself.

I'm sure that others can weight in and give good options, but I'm pretty excited about my Subox that's coming this week, and I'm very happy with my MVP + Protank.

As far as being better than a cigarette - I certainly enjoy vaping a lot more. I get to vape all day, every day. I can use it indoors without stinking the joint up. I don't stink - so that's a huge plus. I also love the wealth of options for flavoring. If you can think of it, a flavor exists for it. I regularly switch between a Chai Tea flavor, a Fruity Pebbles flavor, and a Monster Energy flavor - it's fantastic!
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km²), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km²),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:47:44 »
Okay...

I'm a major germaphobe. Explain to me how to clean these things, how often you need to, and how you keep fungi, bacteria, etc from growing inside.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #426 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 22:08:26 »
Okay...

I'm a major germaphobe. Explain to me how to clean these things, how often you need to, and how you keep fungi, bacteria, etc from growing inside.

Never, maybe when you change juice flavors and none of these things are growing in e-juice.  Not only because of what's in the juice itself, but the temperatures at which the juice vaporizes.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #427 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 06:49:49 »
Okay...

You're really not going to get bacteria growing in your vape. It's simply too hot. However, whenever I rebuild my RDA (usually once per week) I run everything under scalding hot tap water and that's enough to clean of the drip tip and any other residue on the deck.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 08:34:30 »
Didn't know it got that hot. Scalding hot tap water is technically dirty, though. :p

I'd probably alcohol all the parts I could on a daily basis.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 08:44:19 »
Didn't know it got that hot. Scalding hot tap water is technically dirty, though. :p

I'd probably alcohol all the parts I could on a daily basis.

Not really concerned about sanitizing it, just removing the residue before I rebuild.

To do that every day is a bit much. You'll probably have to rebuild your coils every time and that's just going to get annoying to do every day.

Offline vindaon

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 08:53:51 »
Yeah, every day is way too excessive. Once a week, if that, imo.

Offline fishcola

« Reply #431 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 17:06:18 »
nice! just discovered this thread. Any sigelei fans out there? 11-year PAD smoker, switched to vaping November 2014 :D

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2015, 17:12:10 by fishcola »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:11:54 »
Picked up an evic-vt and smokteck tpv4 today because I got a good coupon for my local shop texted to me.  Thinking about selling one of my subtanks and istick30w now.  Dunno if it'll be worth the hassle of listing though.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 15:16:06 »
New evic is a bit tricky to get used to at first, but feels great and delivers solid. Will talk soon about the tpv4.

Offline Den441

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 23:58:06 »
Hmm box mods seem to be all the rage now. I think the point is to find what device and juices work for you though. I started vaping in 2008 and up until 2012 I constantly spent hundreds on new devices and new juices. Then one day I finally found the perfect setup for me. Since then I have only used that device and a combination of two juices which never get old to me. It has saved me a ton of cash, not just from not smoking, but from not going overboard with vaping. I just use an 18650 tube with a 1.1ohm coil on an SS wick. My holy grail juice combo is Durasmoke Truebecca with a drop or two of Nicoticket Custard's Last Stand.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline fishcola

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 01:17:26 »
I started with a tube mod, but it was a 26650 and really heavy. I'm paranoid about battery life which is why I opted for box mods. Honestly I don't go over 60w and that's rare. At this point, single 18650 pocketable box mods are going to be a reality, and the "grippiness" of the box is actually nice, I'd recommend trying it out! Personally, I'm eager to try the ipv d2 out. My Sigelei 100 isn't the most pocketable device!  ^-^

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #436 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 01:19:45 »
Just had to get me a new setup as my MVP 2.0 went MIA.  I looked for 2 days for that thing.  I think the cat is hiding it from me.

Either way I got an iStick 30w from Eleaf along with a Melo tank from them as well.  I am pretty sure it is a glass tank.  The device reads the current coil in at 0.7 ohms, it is replaceable not rebuildable.  The also have a buy one get one for a penny on juice from a random assortment of stuff in a tub.  I picked up a bottle of blackberry, and a double mint.  They are house blends.  But I have those mixed right now about half and half and it is pretty decent though the mint flavor is a bit strong. 

Currently using it at 17 watts, but it hits TONS harder than that MVP 2.0 with 2.1 ohm coils.  The tank I had on that was the iClear x1 pyrex tank that has a dual coil setup.  The first time I walked into this shop, they had a little taste test thing setup with a bunch of tanks of juice.  I tried one and really like it.  Bought it and came home, put a new coil in and filled the tank.  Even a couple days later, I wasn't getting anywhere close to the same amount of flavor that I was in the shop.  So, I was looking to get a new setup anyway.  So far this one is working great.  Much smaller and hits like a Mack truck.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 18:52:48 »

22g parallel coil hitting great.

It's been almost 2 months without a cig and I haven't had a single urge since starting to vape. The future is glorious.

Best part is not having to leave my PC every 30mins

Offline fishcola

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:18:33 »
wow, if that's 22g wire, that is a huge atomizer! congrats on your two months!

it is true that you don't have to leave your comp now every 30 mins, but will you be able to see the screen through the epic clouds?  :D

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:44:07 »
Show Image

It's been almost 2 months without a cig and I haven't had a single urge since starting to vape. The future is glorious.

Very nice looking coils! Dual 6 it looks like... What's your ohms? ~0.15?

Offline vindaon

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 22:17:24 »
I've got a Snow Wolf 200 and a Uwell Crown that I use around 80-90W and it hits like a truck. Been thinking of getting into RDAs though, any advice?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:05:50 »
mvp 2 and vv3 been untouched for a while ;( protank minis all crapped out on me, real and fake. too poor to spend the money on it
I love Elzy

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:32:18 »

it is true that you don't have to leave your comp now every 30 mins, but will you be able to see the screen through the epic clouds?  :D

i lied! its actually 26g kanthal, i used the 22g in my other RDA got confused :-\, and thanks for the congrats.

haha its worth it! the clouds are fun

Show Image

its actually 26g @ .34 ohms I havent found a build around .15 i liked yet to enjoy it. I made a twisted 26g that got down to .16 however the vape had no flavor but chucked HUGE clouds. Still tinkering every day with coil builds. Favorites are single parallels in the Tugboat RDA and Dual Dragons in the Dark Horse  :blank:
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:36:03 by PunksDead »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:30:36 »
mvp 2 and vv3 been untouched for a while ;( protank minis all crapped out on me, real and fake. too poor to spend the money on it

Too bad I didn't know that.  I'd have split these tanks I'm sending to eppc with you.  Also, it's time to graduate from pull ups into big boy clothes and get into subohming.  Look at the subbox mini or evic vt if you want easy kits.

i lied! its actually 26g kanthal, i used the 22g in my other RDA got confused :-\, and thanks for the congrats.

haha its worth it! the clouds are fun

Show Image

its actually 26g @ .34 ohms I havent found a build around .15 i liked yet to enjoy it. I made a twisted 26g that got down to .16 however the vape had no flavor but chucked HUGE clouds. Still tinkering every day with coil builds. Favorites are single parallels in the Tugboat RDA and Dual Dragons in the Dark Horse  :blank:

I love rda vaping, but dripping and coil making are dumb and make me sad.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 18:42:17 »
Show Image

[/quote]

I do a dual 5 coil with 24 aug kanthal. Which puts me at about .25 ohms and I've been incredibly happy with it. Large enough clouds with good flavor. Building on a Swirlfish and a Royal Hunter.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 18:47:45 »
So I got hooked on the new smok tfv4 recently, enough so that I'm trying to sell my subtanks to buy quad, sextuple, ni and ti cores for it (and at least one more full tank).  But they're power hungry af.

Which leads me to my post.  Who's excite for the dna200 mods coming?  I dunno if I want the cloudware, volcano or hcigar, they all look good.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 20:01:27 »
Enjoying the freedom of not having to stop whatever it is I'm doing to go outside and smoke a cigarette. Wether I'm on my couch or at my pc  I'm really enjoying the switch.  :thumb: I do get a craving every once in awhile but It passes quickly. It's been about 2 weeks and this is the longest I've been smoke free in 12 years !!!!

Offline merfed

« Reply #447 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 14:27:46 »
Just replaced the Eleaf with the subox that you're seeing everywhere, but so far it's working fantastic. Loving it way more than the Eleaf, dropped my nic level and so far everything has been going smoothly. Still using the OCC coils though, haven't tried out the RBA yet.
Pok3r (Clears) // Noppoo Choc Mini (Black) (Blacks) // Noppoo Choc Mini (White) (Blues) // Poker X (Browns) // KBT Pure (Reds)

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #448 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 19:33:32 »
Enjoying the freedom of not having to stop whatever it is I'm doing to go outside and smoke a cigarette. Wether I'm on my couch or at my pc  I'm really enjoying the switch.  :thumb: I do get a craving every once in awhile but It passes quickly. It's been about 2 weeks and this is the longest I've been smoke free in 12 years !!!!

Congrats!!

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 16:37:19 »

I like bumping this thread