Author Topic: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]  (Read 304948 times)

Offline hatran87

Re: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [Shipping]
« Reply #1000 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 23:23:11 »
Got my board today :)

Thank Leeku and Meiosis for this group buy  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 23:44:38 by hatran87 »

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1001 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:23:13 »
Got my board today  :) but unfortunately it looks like there is an issue with the pcb.

Before I started soldering I made sure the pcb worked but there seems to be a dead led I think. There is nothing wrong with the traces and anything around it is fine but this led wont light up.  I'm not sure what to do... should I replace the ws2812b led? or wait for leeku
hopefully this macro shot is more than clear

EDIT: WELP now more than half the LED are dead or that single led completely died which is stopping the signal flow through the rest of the led's
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:31:27 by appleonama »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1002 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:31:31 »
WELP now more than half the LEDs are dead or that single led completely died which is stopping the signal flow through the rest of the led's

Offline leeku

« Reply #1003 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:36:16 »
Got my board today  :) but unfortunately it looks like there is an issue with the pcb.

Before I started soldering I made sure the pcb worked but there seems to be a dead led I think. There is nothing wrong with the traces and anything around it is fine but this led wont light up.  I'm not sure what to do... should I replace the ws2812b led? or wait for leeku
Show Image

EDIT: WELP now more than half the LED are dead or that single led completely died which is stopping the signal flow through the rest of the led's

Seems that RGB has flaws. Please e-mail me.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1004 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 00:40:29 »

Show Image

Seems that RGB has flaws. Please e-mail me.

emailed  :thumb:

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1005 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 02:05:02 »
Update: Got all the RGB led's to start working again all I had to do was retouch the solder on the led.
Thank you so much for the suggestions leeku! excellent support and gb saint.  :thumb:

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #1006 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 06:14:57 »
I have recieved a package yesterday, thank you very much leeku! Upon opening I found the steel plate and also a thicker acrylic plate, are they meant to be used together?
I like keyboards

Offline leeku

« Reply #1007 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 06:23:56 »
I have recieved a package yesterday, thank you very much leeku! Upon opening I found the steel plate and also a thicker acrylic plate, are they meant to be used together?
choose one! not together.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1008 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:01:38 »
Great to see more of these arriving, I'm right in thinking they just turn up with no warning?  Maybe tomorrow...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline drewba

« Reply #1009 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:13:59 »
Great to see more of these arriving, I'm right in thinking they just turn up with no warning?  Maybe tomorrow...

Correct, there was no shipping notification or tracking information provided to me. It took roughly a week for me to receive in NA. I hope you get a box soon!

Leeku & Meiosis, thanks for making my first custom group buy a great one! The acrylic plate is just the best to type on & I'm in love with look/layout.  :thumb:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1010 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:27:42 »

Correct, there was no shipping notification or tracking information provided to me. It took roughly a week for me to receive in NA. I hope you get a box soon!

Leeku & Meiosis, thanks for making my first custom group buy a great one! The acrylic plate is just the best to type on & I'm in love with look/layout.  :thumb:

Thanks, I hope so too!  My name was never listed as shipped so I have no idea how long it's been out there.  It could be sitting in customs waiting for them to attach a ransom note but usually things slip through if they aren't tracked so hopefully not...

How are you finding the little 0 key?  That's my only worry with this layout as I usually hit the other edge with my thumb.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline drewba

« Reply #1011 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:40:10 »

How are you finding the little 0 key?  That's my only worry with this layout as I usually hit the other edge with my thumb.

That was a fear of mine as well because all of my other numpads have a 2u zero key. I've found that I have no issues getting used to the numpad, but I am hitting the up arrow key A LOT because I'm used to a full sized right shift.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 15:46:06 by drewba »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1012 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 16:31:58 »
Well I just finished this thing last night. A couple cosmetic issues on the board kinda sadden me but overall the board is alright. I also noticed I got the pcb without the duck feet smds so theres that :(
I should've taken more time to clean the pcb but meh

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 April 2016, 16:36:35 by appleonama »

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1013 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 17:11:34 »
Well I just finished this thing last night. A couple cosmetic issues on the board kinda sadden me but overall the board is alright. I also noticed I got the pcb without the duck feet smds so theres that :(

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, that is gorgeous!! That plate looks pretty thick! Might have to try and pick one of these up soon!

Offline leeku

« Reply #1014 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 20:34:04 »

Thanks, I hope so too!  My name was never listed as shipped so I have no idea how long it's been out there.  It could be sitting in customs waiting for them to attach a ransom note but usually things slip through if they aren't tracked so hopefully not...

I remember you as very first in my mind. You are the one who wants ISO. sorry for late but you will get soon. I guess it would be in your place.
I sugest 2u + key instead 1u + - key it looks better and easily find caps.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1015 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 06:56:51 »

I remember you as very first in my mind. You are the one who wants ISO. sorry for late but you will get soon. I guess it would be in your place.
I sugest 2u + key instead 1u + - key it looks better and easily find caps.

Yup, that's me!  I still can't believe no-one else wanted ISO...

I've got a set of Hyperfuse here waiting so may go for a full 1u numberpad, having only one 2u doesn't look great but all 1u should.  Will check before soldering it!

The postman's usually been by now so it's not looking good for today, but I will have a play in Jigon in preparation :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 00:49:43 »

Mine is ISO as well.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 01:21:58 »

Mine is ISO as well.

I didn't think that you got a SQ, did you get it via classifieds or directly from leeku?

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 10:49:51 »

Mine is ISO as well.

I didn't think that you got a SQ, did you get it via classifieds or directly from leeku?

Dude I straight up messaged you the day I ordered it. I got in on the leftovers. Ha ha.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 13:06:15 by Zibob »

Offline axtran

« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:39:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Did you solder in the indicator LEDs? What color did you pick? Any spacers used?
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:43:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Did you solder in the indicator LEDs? What color did you pick? Any spacers used?

no not yet and when I do I will be using RGB. and no spacer ? I'm not sure what you mean by spacers

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1021 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:46:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

no not yet and when I do I will be using RGB. and no spacer ? I'm not sure what you mean by spacers

I think he means sip sockets or something?  You can use them if you want to there is room for them :)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1022 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:48:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think he means sip sockets or something?  You can use them if you want to there is room for them :)

yeah I did use sip sockets in the switches if thats what he meant. I think he means rubber feet between the pcb and case. I don't know to be honest. Oh and I just got back on your email

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:15:58 »
can someone share their jigon file?

I am so confused as to how this works. For some reason none of my button are registering.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:18:52 »

Duck feet SMDs only went out with the Alu bottom plate as it pretty much stops all light getting into the duck feet.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:22:50 »

I am so confused as to how this works. For some reason none of my button are registering.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5eo3uve2xmww4i/final%20keymap.bin?dl=0

The layer 0 is the default one, not sure if it's all there, but this should help you a lot!  Took me a few hours to find all the keys!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:25:59 »

The layer 0 is the default one, not sure if it's all there, but this should help you a lot!  Took me a few hours to find all the keys!

Thanks so much. I have the exact same thing on my jigon file but for some reason nothing registers.  :confused:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:41:30 »

Thanks so much. I have the exact same thing on my jigon file but for some reason nothing registers.  :confused:

maybe it's the dropdown menu for the default layer, sometimes it seems to reset itself

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:55:24 »

maybe it's the dropdown menu for the default layer, sometimes it seems to reset itself

I got it to work all I did was restart my computer.  :confused:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:00:43 »

I got it to work all I did was restart my computer.  :confused:
nice :thumb:

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 19:55:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What cosmetic issues did yours have?

I just know that acrylic is really fragile.. Mine got marks from items on my desk :|
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline axtran

« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:51:00 »

LED risers, like you'd use in a Phantom build to lift the LED off of the surface of the PCB. I just figured there's a little too much space between LED and top case housing (I haven't measured mine yet, but I have so many of them I was thinking of using them).

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 01:38:49 »
About these indicator LEDs, I have not gotten a good look at the top plate (black acrylic) and how these sit under it. Do the need to be round LEDs, do the sit in/through the top plate or can I use square LEDs, which I have on hand in the colours i want.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 02:50:01 »
About these indicator LEDs, I have not gotten a good look at the top plate (black acrylic) and how these sit under it. Do the need to be round LEDs, do the sit in/through the top plate or can I use square LEDs, which I have on hand in the colours i want.

Any LEDs work, I've used 2x3x4, 5mm, 3mm and 1.8mm and all seemed to work.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1034 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 02:53:29 »

LED risers, like you'd use in a Phantom build to lift the LED off of the surface of the PCB. I just figured there's a little too much space between LED and top case housing (I haven't measured mine yet, but I have so many of them I was thinking of using them).
Just use sip sockets. Not only do they lift the led off the pcb you can also switch out the led to any color you want.

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 09:12:27 »

Any LEDs work, I've used 2x3x4, 5mm, 3mm and 1.8mm and all seemed to work.

Cool thanks. Pink, skyble and jade green indicators it is.

Offline axtran

« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 11:52:40 »

Just use sip sockets. Not only do they lift the led off the pcb you can also switch out the led to any color you want.

Good call.

... too bad I only have two SIP sockets left. :( LOL

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 12:32:51 »

Good call.

... too bad I only have two SIP sockets left. :( LOL

buy some on eBay, they are like $7 shipped for 300

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 15:09:20 »
leeku, any updates on the remaining boards? no rush just curious.

I'm still waiting on keycaps from Bunny so even if I got the board today I couldn't place caps on all the keys.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 16:40:38 »

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 17:13:45 »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 17:21:40 »

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 19:49:40 »
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline Willyc277

Offline soilheart

« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 00:41:30 »
Is there any plan for another GB round ?

For this? or another items?
For this? No. but there are some left overs of Acrylic cases, plates and PCBs.
For another items? No plan for now but who knows.

Are you all out by now, or is something remaining?
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 02:12:37 »
Interested in this aswell. Are there still any leftovers?

Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline leeku

« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 05:33:00 »
No Alu tops and steel plates but I have some left over.
Just fill up the goohle form I will send properinvoice with +30$ of late cost.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 05:40:50 »
Acrylic ISO plates?
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline leeku

« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:48:14 »
Acrylic ISO plates?

yes it remains.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 07:02:17 »
Ordered a kit, thanks! :)
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards