Author Topic: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?  (Read 118063 times)

Offline metal369

• Singlepath
Re: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 21:05:40 »
I have 5s and want 6 plus. :-(
Hi there!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #651 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 21:06:47 »

Forget Oktoberfest and you'll be able to afford the 6 Plus. Seriously bro!

Offline metal369

• Singlepath
« Reply #652 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 02:11:09 »

Forget Oktoberfest and you'll be able to afford the 6 Plus. Seriously bro!

lol  But I need Oktoberfest more T-T
Hi there!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #653 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 04:59:20 »
Trust me you need the 6 plus more, this screen and battery are amazing!! I popped my built in screen protector off of the otterbox and got a zagg glass invisibleshield. Did the same on my old 5. Love this zagg glass screen protector.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #654 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 06:13:31 »
he's more interested in a piece of plastic.. he must be mad.. oh, wait............. hmmm! wrong forum!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #655 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 09:03:52 »
Hehe :) I Love clacks, but dude, This phone is seriously the best phone I've ever had. I love it! Getting used to typing in landscape still. The app Blink helps a bit, it lets you split the board like an iPad mini. :D oh also I always turn predictive text off, it gets in my way and pisses me off. :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #656 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:29:51 »
At this point you also have to consider the fact the 6s will be out in 3-4 months

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #657 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 14:16:33 »
I wouldn't wait if I was you, this phone is amazing!!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #658 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 15:13:56 »
I wouldn't wait if I was you, this phone is amazing!!

wow m8 relax init new phones be bostin too init

Offline n3ro

« Reply #659 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:18:52 »
Got the Sprint version, but after they unlocked it, im using it with Harbor Mobile. Been using it without a screen protector, just a Body Glove case.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:23:13 »
Got the Sprint version, but after they unlocked it, im using it with Harbor Mobile. Been using it without a screen protector, just a Body Glove case.

Im loving Sprint, $50 including unlimited data, cant beat that!

Offline n3ro

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:31:36 »

I know, i just ran out my 2.5gb data with Harbor Mobile and got throttled during the middle of the month. That's what i get for trying to save money, but i hate Sprint's CS.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:33:53 »

I know, i just ran out my 2.5gb data with Harbor Mobile and got throttled during the middle of the month. That's what i get for trying to save money, but i hate Sprint's CS.

So far my service has been way slower then AT&T, though the bill is half as much AND I get unlimited data. Sprint is going to get the fastest network up in a year or so I think. I just have to put up with it, save money, then Ill be grandfathered in with unlimited data when their new towers roll out.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:47:14 »
I haven't noticed a huge difference in Spark vs when they rolled from their original 4g to LTE, but I'm super happy with the 6+ I just got on lease.  I like the hell out of the idea for smartphones.  It's difficult for me to last the normal 24 month period normally, so having a 12 month option where I'd pay less overall than I would and then I can get the new cutting edge is cool.  Logically, this feels short sighted and silly, but /shurg

And typically, I'm not one to be all snobby about feel refinement and ****, but I really like the feel of the 6+ over the note 3 I had prior.  It's got a more robust/substantial feel that pleases me.  Again, logically, I know it shouldn't matter, but it does /shurg.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #664 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 21:13:47 »
I haven't noticed a huge difference in Spark vs when they rolled from their original 4g to LTE, but I'm super happy with the 6+ I just got on lease.  I like the hell out of the idea for smartphones.  It's difficult for me to last the normal 24 month period normally, so having a 12 month option where I'd pay less overall than I would and then I can get the new cutting edge is cool.  Logically, this feels short sighted and silly, but /shurg

And typically, I'm not one to be all snobby about feel refinement and ****, but I really like the feel of the 6+ over the note 3 I had prior.  It's got a more robust/substantial feel that pleases me.  Again, logically, I know it shouldn't matter, but it does /shurg.

I did the easy pay, same as lease pretty much. Pretty neat option!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #665 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 19:47:54 »
I seriously want a 6+, but two big reasons why I probably shouldn't buy:

1. $849 out of pocket cost (why go 16gb when 64 is pretty much necessary; I'd get by with 32gb but it's not an option)

2. The great 100 or so days until the next iPhone. sigh.

:(

Offline Bacchus

« Reply #666 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 01:58:17 »
going back to android, no more iPhone for me. Phone is so restricted even after jailbreak

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #667 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 04:33:53 »
going back to android, no more iPhone for me. Phone is so restricted even after jailbreak

I hear that a lot, but without any real substance, what is so restrictive on ios/iphones that is so open on android?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #668 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:04:43 »

1. $849 out of pocket cost (why go 16gb when 64 is pretty much necessary; I'd get by with 32gb but it's not an option)

What's the rumors about the next batch?  Googling yields toooooo much.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #669 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:08:01 »

same as it ever was?

>faster
>better battery
>better camera
>random small feature

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #670 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:39:44 »
My kids and I have Samsung Galaxy phones that we are extremely happy with. We went from Sprint to T-Mobile and it has been trouble-free.

My wife finally joined our plan with an iPhone 6 (from a horrible AT&T plan and an ancient iPhone 4) but constantly complains about dropped calls. The rest of us have no trouble, and the tech rep hinted (without actually stating) that there are a lot of iPhone 6 "lemons" out there.

Have any of you heard this?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Belfong

« Reply #671 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:42:04 »
My kids and I have Samsung Galaxy phones that we are extremely happy with. We went from Sprint to T-Mobile and it has been trouble-free.

My wife finally joined our plan with an iPhone 6 (from a horrible AT&T plan and an ancient iPhone 4) but constantly complains about dropped calls. The rest of us have no trouble, and the tech rep hinted (without actually stating) that there are a lot of iPhone 6 "lemons" out there.

Have any of you heard this?
iPhone quality has deteriorated. My neighbours 3 weeks old iPhone 6 screen just went blank for no reason and he had to return to the telco for an exchange - likely they will give him a refurb unit. So, yeah, there are a lot of lemons!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #672 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:51:12 »
Never had a call 'drop' and actually had to google what it even was back when iPhones where AT&T exclusive in the US. Wouldn't the dropped calls be more to do with AT&T's network than the handset its self?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 10:03:34 »
Make an appt, take it to the Apple Store, and tell them how much more reliable your Androids and Windows phones are. They are trained to do whatever it takes to make you happy when faced with direct comparisons with the competition.
I'm back.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #674 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 11:01:37 »
Make an appt, take it to the Apple Store, and tell them how much more reliable your Androids and Windows phones are. They are trained to do whatever it takes to make you happy when faced with direct comparisons with the competition.

Cool.

But this is a phone purchased from/through T-Mobile in conjunction with a T-Mobile plan. Can you still take it directly to Apple?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #675 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 11:02:01 »

Cool.

But this is a phone purchased from/through T-Mobile in conjunction with a T-Mobile plan. Can you still take it directly to Apple?

yup

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 18:26:10 »

Ive always bought the 64gb which was the highest price. Now 64gb was the middle price. SCORE! :D Saved $100 in the long run.

Ive actually heard alot of people I talk to hating their android phones. They reboot, they act strange, unresponsive. I used to have an android tablet by asus. **** sucked ass. Got an iPad mini for 3 x the money and was way happier with it. Ive always had iPhones though, never had an android phone. They just look cheap to me.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:04:03 »
One thing I like about my 6 is that I take the most amazing selfies

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #678 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:44:16 »

same as it ever was?

>faster
>better battery
>better camera
>random small feature

Same as it always has been, and always the reason to wait.

One thing I like about my 6 is that I take the most amazing selfies

It's nice, I'd vet that some Android phones have a better front facing camera (HTC M8 has 5MP, some other models go as high as 13MP  :eek:). I bet Apple increases the resolution in the 6S/7/whatever they call it.

Offline nothing4me

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 00:33:23 »
Citibank and AT&T was running a deal where if you spend x amount, you would get $650 credit on any non-contract phone. Currently waiting for 6s to release. I plan on buying it, unlocking it, then selling it on eBay. Maybe then I'll consider a Note 5 (if they don't screw it up) or a Note 4.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #680 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:43:58 »
Have to say, the new Apple Music app is horrendous... I'm on holiday and if I have mobile data turned on and click my music, I get a blank screen for about 2-3 mins while it tries to ping some server, turn mobile data off and it instantly pops up showing my music...

It's so autisticly bad I can't even begin to understand how they managed to totally **** it up so massively... Even for Apple this is an impressive software cluster-****

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #681 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:53:55 »
Have to say, the new Apple Music app is horrendous... I'm on holiday and if I have mobile data turned on and click my music, I get a blank screen for about 2-3 mins while it tries to ping some server, turn mobile data off and it instantly pops up showing my music...

It's so autisticly bad I can't even begin to understand how they managed to totally **** it up so massively... Even for Apple this is an impressive software cluster-****
This is why I have no problem paying for Spotify. I add >10 songs a month so I can justify it.

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #682 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 11:13:58 »

I want the iPod app back. It was so nice...you could actually listen to YOUR music without needing to go through a bunch of baloney.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #683 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 13:59:14 »
Yeah, unless they sort it out sharpish I might have to get a new hdd for my classic and use that again :/

Offline Altis

« Reply #684 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 17:25:03 »
...It's so autisticly bad I can't even begin to understand how they managed to totally **** it up so massively... Even for Apple this is an impressive software cluster-****

It's been a downhill ride for over two years now. They don't care to fix the bugs or performance issues at all, just keep adding new features that sometimes make it worse.

The design flaws are so many now and the constant delays caused by every little animation make brand new iPhones feel awful unless you use them really slowly.

I don't really want to switch, but I sure wish they'd put some thought into these things.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #685 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 17:27:14 »
The music app is horrendous, eclipsed only by the abomination that iTunes has become. Tim Cook went to my uni so I feel bad saying this but he's really running the ship aground.
I'm back.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #686 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 18:16:46 »
The music app is horrendous, eclipsed only by the abomination that iTunes has become. Tim Cook went to my uni so I feel bad saying this but he's really running the ship aground.
I haven't updated my phone, and I was going to, but my brother tried syncing his music today and lost all of it, and itunes hides your purchased music now. I still stand by spotify premium

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #687 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 01:47:12 »

Yup, though to blame the ceo is a bit far, Apple has always been horrendous at software

Offline Belfong

« Reply #688 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 03:15:32 »
Apple has always been horrendous at software
not a fair statement. They do have some gem - OS X, iOS :P
but I thought you might be interested in this
http://www.marco.org/2015/07/26/dont-order-the-fish

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #689 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 07:47:25 »

not a fair statement. They do have some gem - OS X before OS X Lion, iOS before iOS 7 :P

FTFY

Toxic Hellstew!

Marco really should start reviewing mechanical keyboards. His Microsoft Natural 4000 is getting long in the tooth!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #690 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 07:48:43 »

My actual reply to this got deleted, probably for the best haha... though I think software and OS's while technically the same thing, are pretty different... especially given how horrible itunes has always been, even on OSX

Offline Belfong

« Reply #691 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:03:44 »

My actual reply to this got deleted, probably for the best haha... though I think software and OS's while technically the same thing, are pretty different... especially given how horrible itunes has always been, even on OSX
maybe, but I kinda like the iMovie software (as compared to Windows Movie Maker). And Keynote - it's beautiful for presentation for sure.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #692 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:07:13 »

maybe, but I kinda like the iMovie software (as compared to Windows Movie Maker). And Keynote - it's beautiful for presentation for sure.

I wouldn't know, Apple doesn't seem to think they are good enough stand alone products so doesn't sell them for other environments haha... though iPhoto was always something I wanted to have to help sort out my photo's...

Offline Belfong

« Reply #693 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:11:11 »
iPhoto is actually pretty bad. You are not missing anything. They threw that whole piece of junk and redesigned it from ground up, calling it Photos. And that one is a great tool actually.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #694 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:12:14 »
iPhoto is actually pretty bad. You are not missing anything. They threw that whole piece of junk and redesigned it from ground up, calling it Photos. And that one is a great tool actually.

I could have those mixed up, I only know if from the Keynote, not having a Mac means I don't really get any time to try that stuff out too much other than randomly using friends

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #695 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 19:10:50 »

Though I've heard their db architecture falls flat on its face with lots of photos (10k-ish). Have you experienced that?
I'm back.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #696 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 03:50:27 »
my current count is 5300 photos. I will watch out when it reached 10K, hopefully patched by then.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #697 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 16:22:19 »
I will be an iPhone 6 user within the next couple weeks.   :cool:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #698 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 16:35:08 »

which one you getting?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #699 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 16:44:10 »

which one you getting?

Whichever the company gives me.  :P  So definitely black, and most likely the smallest size available ( :( ). We don't even have the option to pay more for increased storage.  :-/  And a regular 6.

The storage management struggle is very real.  :blank: