Author Topic: [IC] KHカイリ  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Konpeito.caps

[IC] KHカイリ
« on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 19:56:49 »

"Don't ever forget. Wherever you go, I'm always with you."

IC Form

Introduction:

Hello everyone! This is my very first keycap set design inspired by Kairi from Kingdom Hearts! With the beautifully composed music and the character developments of each of the lights, I gotta say I am soo glad I played through most of the games! Except the mobile and web one.... (//▽//)
Please feel free to give me honest feedback in either the comment section or even better, completing the IC form!
Or join me at my discord!

To be updated
- Adding rows next to keycap set, novelties, spacebars
- Adjusting colours on the legends
- Renders
- Vendors(?)
- Samples
- Manufacturer process

Updates:
-

Kits

Base kit covers most common layouts and includes accent keys.

Novelties

The novelties are supposed to highlight some of the special features you can find in Kairi, like the star fruit and the blade! (´• ω •`) ♡   

Colourway

Please keep in mind that the colours shown on screen will be lighter than actual product.

Bars

Specs

- Cherry profile (1-1-2-3-4-4)
- Dye Sublimation

Renders

More to come!

Artisans
Coming soon!

Collaborations!
Coming soon!

Board
Phoenix WK from ImperfectLink (https://imperfectlink.gumroad.com/l/KeyboardRenderKit)

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 January 2022, 16:31:07 by Konpeito.caps »

Offline Konpeito.caps

Re: [IC] KHカイリ
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 19:59:28 »
Feel free to join my discord server as well! (https://discord.gg/ddynKhGa)

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 20:09:11 »
reserved

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 20:45:03 »
No thanks

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 20:48:22 »
As soon as I saw the IC title my first thought was "I wonder what shades of pink, purple and/or pale blue it uses?". I was not disappointed

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 20:52:11 »
I highly recommend getting your renders professionally done - many community members provide rendering services. It's very hard for me to visualize how this set would turn out with the current renders. Your buyers will likely not have a Pantone book on hand to reference the colors directly.

Would also like to know what manufacturer/manufacturing process you envision for this set. I assume PBT since all colors are uncoated... that's a lot of reverse dyesub though.

Offline linell

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 20:56:36 »
please get better renders
information is very lackluster (make it obvious to the readers too)
you don't even have the keycap material listed
props for listing color codes tho
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 21:07:41 »
Echoing what others have said about the renders really needing work. Kitting will vary by manu so you need to work that out as well. Seems a little premature.

Offline Konpeito.caps

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 21:52:22 »
Thank you for the rendering advises! I will definitely reach out to some members for better renders to show everyone! :)

Offline crystal

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 21:57:35 »
Please include a manu, a keycap profile, whether it is doubleshot or dyesub, and the nov keycap sizes. Also you novs might not be achievable depending on manu. Kitting might also not cover many boards.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 22:38:20 »
I highly recommend getting your renders professionally done - many community members provide rendering services. It's very hard for me to visualize how this set would turn out with the current renders. Your buyers will likely not have a Pantone book on hand to reference the colors directly.

Would also like to know what manufacturer/manufacturing process you envision for this set. I assume PBT since all colors are uncoated... that's a lot of reverse dyesub though.

dude ship moment
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Pensa73

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 23:50:49 »
I'd recommend choosing a manufacturer so you'll know how to properly work with your novelties.

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 00:16:59 »
echoing previous comments. Additionally, I don't know if forcing accent spacebars in base is the play. Comes more into question when a manufacturer and subsequently pricing is disclosed.

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 05:16:57 »
I'm quite conflicted on the Novelties...

Have you checked that the manufacturers you're looking into (I'm assuming you're going for a manufacturer that does PBT) can actually do novelties that require front top and back prints to be aligned without too much issue?

Apart from that like multiple people pointed out earlier, you should look into choosing a manufacturer and getting some proper renders done before continuing so that you can show a proper visualization of how it will turn out if it's produced.

Offline Konpeito.caps

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 05:57:33 »
IC will be on hold for now as I am currently reaching out to multiple renderers and might need more time to rework on the novelties, as well as the colour of the legends! I really appreciate everyone’s comments and the effort on telling me how to showcase this keycap set better! Filling in the IC form is still greatly appreciated! Hopefully I can update this post a.s.a.p., and bring better graphics to everyone! (*≧∀≦*)

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 16:14:52 »
While I've been meaning to see a KH inspired keyset sometime, I did not imagine it would look this bland..

Offline Kotahh

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 01:43:55 »
Second B can might as well go into spacebars kit instead of base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 14:14:42 »
As soon as I saw the IC title my first thought was "I wonder what shades of pink, purple and/or pale blue it uses?". I was not disappointed

lmao yep