Author Topic: [IC]GMK Hydro (closed)  (Read 157595 times)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [IC]GMK Hydro 🐳💦🌊 (Launches for GB Sept 19, 2016. Pricing Updated)
« Reply #450 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 08:38:49 »
And california - land of the tanned...

Soon to be land of the Trump™
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #451 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 08:57:22 »
Well, not everyone has to. Worse case scenario, keep the buy open for a bit longer.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #452 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 11:11:27 »
Throwing it out there, now that Originative have said "in store this week" for Hyperfuse, and it's most likely GMK... It doesn't sound good for Hydro.
I don't think it ever has looked good - Keyboard & Co barely made it, Originative (keyset) is still ongoing (I don't think they've reached half MOQ yet), Stormtrooper took weeks to meet MOQ.
Personally, $150 is very high, and I can't figure out why it's so high. Perhaps we can have more insight? What are your thoughts on the MOQs and other GMK buys, jchan?

Each set costs about $135 to produce at the lowest drop point and pricing follows that as we hit moqs. You also have to consider the number of keys included relative to the pricing. It's a very wide set that covers a lot of alternatives. Also consider that the pricing is inclusive of trays.

If you like hyperfuse, that's great dude. Go get it, it's a good deal compared to what people on the mechmarket are selling it for at this moment. I bought a set today from Sherryton and it's awesome.  It will cost $175 at retail but consider the price relative to the keys, and also of course, immediate shipment of the set. Of course, consider the colors as well. Whichever floats your boat honestly.

I hope you join the buy regardless, and I hope this is as transparent as possible.  Whichever way you go, I hope you enjoy the set you end up with bro.

Edit:
$135 includes trays, banking fees, sorting fees, and shipping fees (more expensive with trays).

Dang jchan how did you get Hyperfuse so early, this smells to me like INSIDER TRADING 
Sherryton was apparently selling sets at a CA meet up.
Idk if that's how Johan got his though

I live in socal and was at the Meet up mate, so I bought one haha.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #453 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 11:12:48 »
Jchan, the emojis in the thread title wont let me reply from tapatalk like 50% of the time.

Just wanted to bring it up incase people might want to talk about the set, but cant from mobile.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #454 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 11:30:57 »
I live in socal and was at the Meet up mate, so I bought one haha.

Lucky you Joseph! Hope the meet went well, did you get to have a look at Sherry's JD40 assembled kits? The plates for them looked super cool, he's meant to have a custom PBT set to come with as well.

(sorry for derailing the thread a little, hope you don't mind!)

Offline poolside

« Reply #455 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 13:31:27 »
That would rock, and you should be aware that original Cherry six unit space bars found in 18xx boards have the switch stem off centered as well, exactly as the new Gateron's. The one in the picture is a space bar I sold last year, it was an original Cherry's 1800 I supose that the upcoming ones, like the space bar included in GMK HYDRO will have also off centered stems.

I would like to know the answer as well. Off-centered stems on the 6u spacebar or not?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #456 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 13:39:51 »
That would rock, and you should be aware that original Cherry six unit space bars found in 18xx boards have the switch stem off centered as well, exactly as the new Gateron's. The one in the picture is a space bar I sold last year, it was an original Cherry's 1800 I supose that the upcoming ones, like the space bar included in GMK HYDRO will have also off centered stems.

I would like to know the answer as well. Off-centered stems on the 6u spacebar or not?

GMK should be like Cherry, it is off-centered, of course, the OP should confirm it with the manufacturer.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #457 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 13:44:31 »
I forget whether it was SP or GMK but I believe one of the big manufacturers now produces 6u centered stem spacebars. Curious to know if that's the case here too.

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #458 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 14:20:42 »
its 19 here :p

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
Re: [IC]GMK Hydro (LIVE)
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 02:43:16 »

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 02:56:03 »
Oh, EXCELLENT optional cable!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 03:17:03 »
Oh, EXCELLENT optional cable!

Thanks! When I saw it, I just KNEW it was going to fit.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #462 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 03:19:45 »
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 03:45:23 »
Hey man, I want to confirm something before joining, so what it the size of spacebars included in base kit?
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #464 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 03:46:25 »
Hey man, I want to confirm something before joining, so what it the size of spacebars included in base kit?

6u, 6.25u, 7u

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #465 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:05:26 »
So excited for this set, although it looks like I won't be picking it up for a week or two. Don't you dare close this before I can buy it jchan94. Trying to schedule when to buy all these GBs is getting to be a task :p
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline frostylove

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:14:55 »
So pricy, I quit
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:26:13 »

6u, 6.25u, 7u

Thanks, then when will this GB close?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #468 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:27:32 »

6u, 6.25u, 7u

Oct 1st, but we might add a few days for Chinese GB to end :)

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #469 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:35:26 »

6u, 6.25u, 7u

Then what will be the expected orders by the end of this GB? I'm asking this because I don't think I could afford this at base price by the time this GB ends....

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:38:12 »

6u, 6.25u, 7u

Then what will be the expected orders by the end of this GB? I'm asking this because I don't think I could afford this at base price by the time this GB ends....

A good idea IMO would be to add a MOQ counter somewhere on the GB page to keep people informed of the number of each sets already sold. I think it would give people more assurance when they are buying and will also add a layer of transparency to the GB.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #471 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:57:26 »
In for 2  :thumb:

« Reply #472 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 06:58:37 »

6u, 6.25u, 7u

A good idea IMO would be to add a MOQ counter somewhere on the GB page to keep people informed of the number of each sets already sold. I think it would give people more assurance when they are buying and will also add a layer of transparency to the GB.
He said over on the Reddit thread he will update the number of orders after every 20 orders

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #473 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 07:00:08 »
He said over on the Reddit thread he will update the number of orders after every 20 orders

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, haven't been on reddit that often in the last few weeks!

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #474 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:26:33 »
just a note - seems like a ton of people here, reddit, and other places are hesitant about joining before the 250 moq hits
1) i think it's pretty much guaranteed since we're combining orders with china - if anyone remembers the gmk carbon drop the asian order was a significant portion of hitting the higher moq
2) if everyone interested in the 250 moq price contributed to the buy, i have no doubt we'd hit 250 moq. possibly same for 500 moq. really if you want to get the drop to happen at 250 moq, you should join to contribute to hitting that moq. 150/250 are not particularly difficult numbers to hit with how big the community has grown.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 13:44:46 »
just a note - seems like a ton of people here, reddit, and other places are hesitant about joining before the 250 moq hits
1) i think it's pretty much guaranteed since we're combining orders with china - if anyone remembers the gmk carbon drop the asian order was a significant portion of hitting the higher moq
2) if everyone interested in the 250 moq price contributed to the buy, i have no doubt we'd hit 250 moq. possibly same for 500 moq. really if you want to get the drop to happen at 250 moq, you should join to contribute to hitting that moq. 150/250 are not particularly difficult numbers to hit with how big the community has grown.

Totally agree with this.  Quickest way to build momentum is to hit lower price points very early on.
The more buying in now, will get that lower price, helping get more people into the 3rd tier.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:30:57 »
The optimism is overwhelming, good luck.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 16:10:32 »
Kingnestea has agreed to handle all EU shipments.

Please make sure to help avoid VAT. He is shipping from Belgium

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 21:38:43 »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was reading the first post a couple days ago and I was under the impression that shipping was included in the price of the set.

Was I reading that wrong, or did it indeed change? Going to join either way, been looking forward to this since the first day you posted the IC.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 21:40:29 »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was reading the first post a couple days ago and I was under the impression that shipping was included in the price of the set.

Was I reading that wrong, or did it indeed change? Going to join either way, been looking forward to this since the first day you posted the IC.

Not too sure, but I thought that it was always not included.

you have a basic changing production price, and the shipping would be fixed at 8 and 20 or whatever.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 21:42:08 »

Not too sure, but I thought that it was always not included.

you have a basic changing production price, and the shipping would be fixed at 8 and 20 or whatever.

I believe I read it wrong. I now see that the trays are included, and I must have seen that and read shipping instead.

/u/Shartastical

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:51:32 »
Base – 101
Novelties – 48
Spacebar – 41

! not too shabby

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 06:10:04 »
I will place an order as soon as I get some more funds at the end of the month.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:39:39 »

Same, planning my resources around this like it is a rent payment or something.

/u/Shartastical

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 21:46:56 »

Same, planning my resources around this like it is a rent payment or something.

Make sure to take care of things that are important first <3. Thanks for supporting the set.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #485 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:53:08 »
Rent is unfortunately why I'm not buying a set. I meant to, but real world kicked me in the balls, and I am now looking for a new job.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 17:46:35 »

Offline Special K

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 10:58:14 »
Who did the 3D renders for this set?
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2
IBM Model M 1391401 - 11/13/87

Quote from: ripster
LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #488 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 13:55:27 »
zambumon did

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 14:12:51 »
It's so bitter missing the sweet spot of this GB, after following the IC for this long :(

Can't really grasp how fast it happened, I guess I'm so used to the month-long GB's and reminders from Massdrop to order
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 14:46:26 »
It's so bitter missing the sweet spot of this GB, after following the IC for this long :(

Can't really grasp how fast it happened, I guess I'm so used to the month-long GB's and reminders from Massdrop to order

Ha, ha--same. This is my favorite GMK set and I feel so bad for missing the GB phase, but I'm still looking to get a set during the current phase.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 14:53:08 »

Ha, ha--same. This is my favorite GMK set and I feel so bad for missing the GB phase, but I'm still looking to get a set during the current phase.

A year ago I would just shrug, and pull the plug at $170, I guess I'm getting old and careful with money

Now, I don't want to miss the set, but don't want to be an idiot in my own eyes by paying extra for nothing either, it's a dilemma

I don't know whether I'm bitter, but this price change doesn't seem like fairplay either, It would have been much more easier/fun to lock the orders and unleash the extra charge when the set launches, I couldn't complain if that was the case, now it just feels like a trap

Free economy I guess
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #492 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:40:50 »

A year ago I would just shrug, and pull the plug at $170, I guess I'm getting old and careful with money

Now, I don't want to miss the set, but don't want to be an idiot in my own eyes by paying extra for nothing either, it's a dilemma

I don't know whether I'm bitter, but this price change doesn't seem like fairplay either, It would have been much more easier/fun to lock the orders and unleash the extra charge when the set launches, I couldn't complain if that was the case, now it just feels like a trap

Free economy I guess

+1 upvote

Don't we have up votes here?

Offline dbucklin

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:20:57 »

Free economy I guess

+1 upvote

Wasn't there a defined window for getting orders in?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:22:23 »

Free economy I guess

+1 upvote

Yes. Two weeks.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
Re: [IC]GMK Hydro (closed)
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:24:47 »

Free economy I guess

+1 upvote

There was a definitive moment for getting orders in and it was announced before and during the GB.

I ordered extras that are available for purchase. I think I was pretty open, and clear about the process, timeline, and markup value.

GMK has confirmed a mid January ship date.

Offline dbucklin

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 15:28:47 »
There was a definitive moment for getting orders in and it was announced before and during the GB.

I ordered extras that are available for purchase. I think I was pretty open, and clear about the process, timeline, and markup value.

GMK has confirmed a mid January ship date.

That's how I remember it.

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #497 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 12:52:07 »
Well the pre-order sets were paid out of pocket by keyclack/jchan so it's understandable that there would be a markup. Jchans gotta eat.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:11:31 »
Any update on the shipping? I saw it reached in Europe but haven't heard anything about shipping to the states.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #499 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:29:58 »
Any update on the shipping? I saw it reached in Europe but haven't heard anything about shipping to the states.

You're in the wrong thread bud :).

Check the GB thread

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84746.msg2333426#msg2333426