Author Topic: [ANGRY NIMBUS WOODCRAFT] Custom Captured Lightning Wrist Rests  (Read 16904 times)

Offline Angry Nimbus Woodcraft

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
[ANGRY NIMBUS WOODCRAFT] Custom Captured Lightning Wrist Rests
« on: Fri, 20 September 2019, 20:36:25 »
Hi everyone!

My name is Rob and I own a small craft business in Eastern Pennsylvania, USA called Angry Nimbus Woodcraft.  I use high-voltage electricity to carve intricate, randomized "lichtenberg figures" into the surface of wooden objects to create art, furniture and home decor.  I just finished up my first group buy on this site for these captured lightning wrist rests, and the response from this community was amazing!  Earlier this week I sent off the last of over 100 custom wrist rests to destinations across the globe and I'm very excited to announce that my books are open again for new orders.  I am going to be working in smaller batches, but I am offering more options to customize your order.  If you would like to check out the original group buy thread, you can find it here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99599.0.  This thread contains many answered questions, photo's of all my previous work, and some videos of the process.

Below are some examples of wrist rests I have made, but you can view the entire album here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/KKDu1Nr2jthhyUmN6

My wrist rests are available in a variety of wood species, sizes and resin inlay colors.  Each rest is tailored to meet your requirements and hand-made by me from start to finish.

WOOD SPECIES AND TINTS

I am currently offering Black Walnut, Cherry, Hard Maple, and Curly Maple for wood choices.  Both the hard maple and curly maple are available "ebonized".  To ebonize the wood, I use a translucent black dye to stain the wood, which preserves the figure of the wood, and adds a holographic effect to the finished surface.  Examples of every variety are available in the album linked above, except for cherry (which can be viewed on the product page of my website). 

CUSTOM SIZES

Length is fully customizable.  On the product page there are choices for many standard sizes, but custom sizes are welcome with no additional charge (within a reasonable length).   Each rest is 3.5" wide and approximately 0.75" thick.  The wrist includes a set of thin 3M rubber feet to help with leveling, but installation is optional.

RESIN COLORS AND BLENDS

Taste the rainbow.  I'm leaving the original color options up, but the floor is open for any color you like.  I am also offering color gradients/mixtures similar to the black wrist rest shown above.  My website limits the number of variants I can have for each product, and I am already maxed out, so just shoot me an email (through the website) with your wood type, length, and resin color(s).  Then I will write you a custom invoice for your order.  Please note that colors do not always appear the same on every monitor and it is very difficult to match colors exactly based off a picture.  When in doubt, go for a similar color that will compliment what you are trying to match.

PRICE

Natural Maple, Walnut or Cherry:  $100
Ebonized Maple:  $110
Natural Curly Maple: $110
Ebonized Curly Maple:  $120
Multi-color/Gradient: Add $10

DELIVERY TIME

Estimated shipping date is 10-12 weeks from date of your order.

ORDER HERE: https://angrynimbuswoodcraft.com/collections/custom-wrist-rests-made-to-order

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 September 2019, 20:39:41 by Angry Nimbus Woodcraft »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [ANGRY NIMBUS WOODCRAFT] Custom Captured Lightning Wrist Rests
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 06:48:49 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 11:44:20 »
Are you offering any angled rests in this run?  I love mine from the first round but wish it had a bit of a slope to it.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 06:09:14 »
Are you offering any angled rests in this run?  I love mine from the first round but wish it had a bit of a slope to it.

Thanks for supporting the group buy! The design is staying the same for now.  In order to apply the resin, I need to have a flat, level surface.  I also lack the tooling to do the round-over on non-perpendicular corners.  If I figure out a solution for this, I will update the design.

However, you could install two the included bump-ons along the rear edge of the rest, which will give you that slight slope you are looking for.

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 09:58:22 »
Any possible updates since the latest order?  ;D

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 16:26:27 »
Any possible updates since the latest order?  ;D

Sorry I am just replying now, its been a while since I logged on.  If you have questions on an order you made, please shoot me a reply to your order confirmation email and I can give you an update.  Almost all of my open orders are in the finishing room receiving polyurethane at the moment.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 09:22:36 »
Hey everyone!  Just popping in with an update and to let you all know about a special deal going on right now.

If you currently have an open order with me, they will all be shipping out soon.  Every current order has received its final coat of finish and they are curing so I can polish and ship them out.  I am hoping to have this completed by the end of next week.  You will receive an email with tracking info as soon as they ship out.

If you have been following along and waiting for a deal, I have one for you!  I am currently running a free shipping discount for all orders inside the US.  This deal is also available on made-to-order items, including wrist rests.  All you have to do is use discount code "ShipFree" at checkout and I will cover the shipping costs.  Unfortunately, I cannot extend this offer to international orders.  If you are outside the US and want to place an order, please contact me through the website and I will send you a discount code for $15 off your order.

Here's the link to start building your own: https://angrynimbuswoodcraft.com/collections/custom-wrist-rests-made-to-order

Offline Rich Carpenter

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 03:33:06 »
i love it  :thumb: