Author Topic: [GB] Boardwalk Ortholinear PCB and plate  (Read 33979 times)

Offline tacahiroy

Re: [GB] Boardwalk Ortholinear PCB and plate
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 09:20:45 »
Has anyone got the Campine bundle of Boardwalk PCB and plate?

USA here, last update I got from the bundle was March 20th via email. I'm not involved in discord, though

Hey folks, sorry for not updating here! The parts are waiting in Customs currently. I'm planning on calling on at the end of the week, as they've been hanging around for a bit.

If anyone is still waiting for a non-bundle shipment, regardless of whether they ordered via directly or through a proxy, please feel free to contact me via any communications channel you prefer (email/slack/discord/reddit PM/geekhack PM).

Thanks!

Bless up fam, trust. Can't wait for this one :)
Same here!! Boardwalk should be the "1st" end game in 2019;)

Offline tanega

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 09:53:30 »
Has anyone got the Campine bundle of Boardwalk PCB and plate?

Hey folks, sorry for not updating here! The parts are waiting in Customs currently. I'm planning on calling on at the end of the week, as they've been hanging around for a bit.

If anyone is still waiting for a non-bundle shipment, regardless of whether they ordered via directly or through a proxy, please feel free to contact me via any communications channel you prefer (email/slack/discord/reddit PM/geekhack PM).

Thanks!

Did not received mine from mykeyboard.eu, I'm in contact with them on discord and shipping seems to be soon (but it is not the first time I've been told the exact same).
Communication had been sub-optimal to say the least.

Ordered pcb and plate on November 15th and had absolutely zero update in 6 months.
I had to dig /r/mm for a gb progress, then asking several times on mykeyboard.eu discord for status.
In the meantime a friend had purchase a pcb and plate with hot swap from /u/mkultracorp and had already received them from USA, build a board and using it right now.

All in all that is not a big deal, as long as it get delivered, but I think there is definitely some room for improvement, both from panc and mykb.eu.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2019, 09:56:12 by tanega »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 09:28:19 »
Any update from customs?

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 19:13:32 »
I'm just getting to working on my PCB. Is there supposed to be any preflashed firmware? I tried flashing a 6.25u layout made via the Configurator, and only ~7 keys have responded out of the 50% of the board I've checked so far.

Could you provide a default firmware that I could try reflashing? I'm hoping my PCB isn't borked..
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 19:30:01 »
I'm just getting to working on my PCB. Is there supposed to be any preflashed firmware? I tried flashing a 6.25u layout made via the Configurator, and only ~7 keys have responded out of the 50% of the board I've checked so far.

Could you provide a default firmware that I could try reflashing? I'm hoping my PCB isn't borked..

There's a couple default firmware files on the QMK Configurator website. Have you looked there?

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:42:39 »

There's a couple default firmware files on the QMK Configurator website. Have you looked there?

All of those layouts don't compile out of the box, because they don't have a default keymap. I'm asking for a known-working keymap that I can flash and test with. "Load Default" just tells me that no default exists, for each of the options.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 20:44:30 »
Any update from customs?
I should be getting an update any day now. This is easily the longest I've had to wait for a Customs check, very annoying and I'm extremely sorry for the wait!

All of those layouts don't compile out of the box, because they don't have a default keymap. I'm asking for a known-working keymap that I can flash and test with. "Load Default" just tells me that no default exists, for each of the options.

The Boardwalk has been committed to the main QMK repo. Did you need someone to generate the default .hex so you can test out your PCB? Let me know.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 20:35:25 »
Any update from customs?
I should be getting an update any day now. This is easily the longest I've had to wait for a Customs check, very annoying and I'm extremely sorry for the wait!

The Boardwalk has been committed to the main QMK repo. Did you need someone to generate the default .hex so you can test out your PCB? Let me know.

I'd appreciate a compiled and tested .hex to try!Hoping my PCB is fine and that I just screwed something up on the configurator.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:24:25 »
Any update from customs?

I'd appreciate a compiled and tested .hex to try!Hoping my PCB is fine and that I just screwed something up on the configurator.

Sounds good, I compiled all of the included layouts. The hex files have been uploaded to the Boardwalkfiles page here. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and download any that you need. Let us know how you get on with it!

Offline neokeitaro

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 05:56:39 »
Any news on the plates in Europe? Seems like nobody has any.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 16:45:09 »
Any update from customs?

Sounds good, I compiled all of the included layouts. The hex files have been uploaded to the Boardwalkfiles page here. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and download any that you need. Let us know how you get on with it!

It looks like  I just might have flashed the layout for my Tokyo60 by accident. I reflashed with my 6.25u .hex, and was halfway blinded by red LEDs. I think that's progress.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 13:31:57 »
Any update for NA/US people?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 13:01:42 »
Any update for NA/US people?

I received word that I should have them at my location in the middle of this coming week!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:02:41 »
Bless up

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 23:07:14 »
219942-0

Pretty fun to use

Offline CARC

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:21:01 »
Did you get the plates? I ordered a campine care as well, will those ship out together?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:26:42 »
The case bottom pieces have been shipped and "delivered' to me. However, for some reason, they have been dropped at a Walgreens Fedex Center about 45 minutes away. This happened to me once before, and all parts were in perfect working order, so I'm not worried about their condition. 

As soon as I pick them up, I'll grab pics and post them up!

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:27:55 »
Did you get the plates? I ordered a campine care as well, will those ship out together?

Just missed this on my reply, sorry about that.

I have all the plates, PCBs and Campine frames, so we were just waiting for the milled aluminum inclined bottom parts. Really looking forward to getting these to folks!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 21:50:29 »
The case bottom pieces have been shipped and "delivered' to me. However, for some reason, they have been dropped at a Walgreens Fedex Center about 45 minutes away. This happened to me once before, and all parts were in perfect working order, so I'm not worried about their condition. 

As soon as I pick them up, I'll grab pics and post them up!
Get hype!

Offline CARC

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 08:13:12 »

I have all the plates, PCBs and Campine frames, so we were just waiting for the milled aluminum inclined bottom parts. Really looking forward to getting these to folks!

Good timing, haha! That's great news, I'm so hyped for this board. Thanks Alex!

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 21:01:58 »

My pleasure! Glad other folks are also excited!

Just a bit more detail on the note above: I've been getting ready for Keycon by packing and getting my other work requirements done, so I haven't been able to make the drive to that particular Walgreens. I'm glad that they do the dropoff, but I'm unsure of why FedEx can't drop it at a FedEx Ship Center, which is somewhat closer. Sorry to all for the continued delay!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 22:07:54 »

My pleasure! Glad other folks are also excited!

Just a bit more detail on the note above: I've been getting ready for Keycon by packing and getting my other work requirements done, so I haven't been able to make the drive to that particular Walgreens. I'm glad that they do the dropoff, but I'm unsure of why FedEx can't drop it at a FedEx Ship Center, which is somewhat closer. Sorry to all for the continued delay!
FedEx does this ****, fam. I recently had the same experience with my phone I bought

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 16:20:34 »
Sorry for the wait everyone, just got everything situated and back to normal after Keycon. Going to pick up the shipment tomorrow morning, and will have pics ASAP!

Thanks to everyone who came out to Keycon, it was a ton of fun and I hope you are excited for your Campine Boardwalks!

Offline lukelex

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 16:34:52 »
Is the PCB provided in this GB the same as the USB-c one that sometimes pops up in r/mm? If not, what's the difference?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:49:11 »
Is the PCB provided in this GB the same as the USB-c one that sometimes pops up in r/mm? If not, what's the difference?

Exact same one!

Offline lukelex

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 18:45:59 »

Exact same one!
Thanks.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 05:10:33 »
Are there extra pcbs out there? Who do I msg to ask?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:21:33 »
We're movin!

Sorry I didn't post pics until now, I wanted to make sure I took some good ones! I weighed a full build, and it came out to 2.5 lbs with caps.

Powdercoating is progressing apace and will be completed soon. I'm really happy with how these turned out, and I am strongly confident everyone will enjoy their builds.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 20:24:10 »
We're movin!

Show Image

Show Image

Sorry I didn't post pics until now, I wanted to make sure I took some good ones! I weighed a full build, and it came out to 2.5 lbs with caps.

Powdercoating is progressing apace and will be completed soon. I'm really happy with how these turned out, and I am strongly confident everyone will enjoy their builds.

Lovely!

I’m interested in a case if there happen to be extras at some point.  ❤️

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 01:20:12 »
We're movin!

Show Image

Show Image

Bro that's my razzle dazzle cherry pink board coming in hot! Sooo hype for that bad boy

Offline CARC

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 08:01:50 »
That case looks so good! I can't wait to get mine :D

Do you have an estimate when you'll be shipping them out?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 14:40:08 »

Last I spoke with AaP, he said the parts cleared customs and he was in process of color treating everything. I know you'd rather have an update from him than some rando, but I figured it couldn't hurt :)

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 18:48:10 »

Last I spoke with AaP, he said the parts cleared customs and he was in process of color treating everything. I know you'd rather have an update from him than some rando, but I figured it couldn't hurt :)

Sorry for the late update folks! Thanks for jumping in, much appreciated!

Everything is getting treated. I'm really happy with the results. I ran out of white before I realized it (the most popular color) and had to order quickly to get in before the holiday. All the rest of the orders will be ready to roll by 7/7. Keep an eye out for your tracking info. If you don't get it by 7/6, drop me a PM or an email and I'll send it immediately.

Thanks for your patience!

Offline CARC

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 09:24:33 »

Everything is getting treated. I'm really happy with the results. I ran out of white before I realized it (the most popular color) and had to order quickly to get in before the holiday. All the rest of the orders will be ready to roll by 7/7. Keep an eye out for your tracking info. If you don't get it by 7/6, drop me a PM or an email and I'll send it immediately.

Oh wow, that's soon, thanks for the update! And thanks for jumping in KingOfMemes.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 10:15:52 »

Oh wow, that's soon, thanks for the update! And thanks for jumping in KingOfMemes.

All the testing has shown fitment is perfect right now! Can wait to get these into peoples hands.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 11:13:48 »
Plans for extras after these go out?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 11:21:10 »

No extras, but the Campine mk7 is coming hot on it's heels. The mk7 will support the Boardwalk and common staggered 60% PCBs, be topmount and be bundled with plate foam.  :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 11:33:58 »

No extras, but the Campine mk7 is coming hot on it's heels. The mk7 will support the Boardwalk and common staggered 60% PCBs, be topmount and be bundled with plate foam.  :)

Nice 👍🏻

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:13:56 »
Confirming mine came in (NA-TN)

Can't wait to build!

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:19:16 »
Congratulations!!

My ones haven't been shipped out yet though cannot wait!!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 10:39:37 »

Please make it available in europe (specifically the UK) this time!

Offline xiaoball

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 19:46:42 »
Any good news for more batches of orders to go out? Been sitting on "label created" for a bit over a week now and hoping USPS didn't screw up somewhere.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 20:27:58 »
Any good news for more batches of orders to go out? Been sitting on "label created" for a bit over a week now and hoping USPS didn't screw up somewhere.

Hi! I'm pming to get this sorted.