Author Topic: CMStorm Novatouch Unbox and Review  (Read 43529 times)

Offline duzeyao

CMStorm Novatouch Unbox and Review
« on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 01:45:52 »
Hey guys, some days ago I got a CMStorm's newest keyboard: Novatouch. After several days' experience I think I'm now ready to present you with this review. Novatouch, as many of you already know, is the first Japan capacitance switch keyboard (Well, we all know which brand it is >.<) that is compatible with Cherry MX stem keycaps. This keyboard, however, has brought me much more excitement than that. I have to say, despite its several minor cons, it is a great breakthrough for Japan capacitance keyboards and brings many new important features, like NKRO and media keys.

The first thing I like about Novatouch is its box. It's simple and elegant, well representing the spirit of the design of the keyboard imo. The box uses magnetic seal, making it very durable compared to normal keyboard boxes.

The accessories contain a manual, a wire keycap puller (No CM logo, even the on keycap puller lol), a mini – micro USB cable and two bags of o-rings.

As far as I can see, CM is a brand that values user feedbacks. CM was criticized that it put too many logos on the keyboard when first generation of CMQFR was released. They soon changed the design and made following batches of CMQFR and even other CM keyboards very clean of logos. The other thing GH community has always been complaining about is the rubber coating CM has been using. Novatouch uses an greatly improved housing (which is still rubber coating though lol, I personally wish they just use ABS housing like filco's). The keyboard is much more easier to clean now and has no problems with fingerprints. I don't know how much longer it will hold but for one week it's fine and much better than my previous CM keyboards (2 * CMQFR and 3* CMQFXT). Almost every detail of the keyboard is considered.

The price of the keyboard, however, is not cheap. It will be around the same price as Realforce 87U. Many may doubt if this very new keyboard is worth the money. So I concluded  some pros and cons from the infomation I got and these days' using experience.

1. The Purple Stems. First Japan capacitance switch that is compatible with MX stem keycaps. For Topre fans, changing novelty keycaps have always been a pain. What's more, the space bars of Realforce keyboards are made of ABS, making them less durable than other PBT caps. Now you can change the Novatouch keyboard with numerous keysets easily while experience the perfect typing experience provided by the famous Japan capacitance switch. I've tested multiple keysets and they are all working fine. Here's some pics.

Here are also some more pictures from a friend of mine, Zhao the Assman. He made various of keysets for Novatouch. Hope you enjoy it!

2. Another very important thing that is worth mentioning is the new stabilizers. As you may know, Realforce keyboards don't use stabilizers for long keys except spacebar. CM fixes this, bringing a totally new stabilizer to Novatouch. Typing on these new stabilizers is perfect experience, because it is EXTREMELY quiet and very well maitains the type feeling almost the same as short keys. However, the spacebar is slightly heavier than other long keys, thanks to an additional spring.

3. The first capacitance keyboard that supports NKRO, media keys, win lock, acceleration rate. To be honest I don't need any of these features but I have to admit there's many people that need them. As a TKL keyboard Novatouch can satisfy most people's needs.

4. The PCB and stems are all made in Japan, making sure the build quality of the keyboard is good. But still, it's a new product, we need time to see if it is actually solid.

Nothing is perfect, I still find some cons of the keyboard:

1. No indicator for caps lock and scroll lock. They removed it for the retail version. I don't know why but personally can't agree with the decision.

2. ABS keycaps.

3. 45g version only. But I heard CM is working on 55g version and more.

4. Price is relatively high.

Conclusion:

CMStorm Novatouch is a great keyboard bringing many features that is never seen in keyboard history. It is highly recommended If you are a capacitance keyboard lover, having no problem with no indicator lights and your wallet. Hope you enjoy my review. Any feedback will be appreciated. :P

New Update:

Some more pictures.
According to CM Taiwan, the retail version of Novatouch uses UV coating, not rubber coating. Cheers!
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:23:53 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: CMStorm Novatouch Unbox and Review
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:04:59 »
4. The PCB and stems are all made in Japan, making sure the build quality of the keyboard is good. But still, it's a new product, we need time to see if it is actually solid.

This is the MOST important feature of this keyboard, the essential basics is still made in Japan which is looking very brilliant thus far.

Have already set aside the moolah for this keyboard which will now lay in front of the REALFORCEs because they can never be fully customized.  Now we finally have a real Thorpie made for customization without being shafted for ridiculous prices by grubby sales-turds (they know who they are)  :thumb: .

Thanks for this early review buddy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:09:58 »
Thanks for that!  A lot of people been waiting for a real review.

As for your cons, and ABS keycaps is unlikely to be a problem - I imagine most people would change the keycaps almost as soon as they got the keyboard.  That's why we're buying a Novatouch instead of a RealForce, right?

I have also heard rumours of a 55g version - apparently CM wanted to see how well the 45g version would be released first, and if it was good then to produce the 55g version.  Which is a little sad, as it would be a 55g Novatouch that I would most like.

The price is a bit of a surprise.  Most people estimated between $150 and $200, hoping that it would be towards the lower end of the scale.  But being nearly double the bottom end of that scale might be a deterrent for some people.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:35:17 »
Thanks for your detailed review!

I am waiting for the 55g version though :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:39:09 »
That sucks big time about the rubber coating  :mad:

Do you happen to know if they are going to be making a grey case version?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:42:46 »
Oh dear lord I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Topre and SA profile keycaps? Hell yes.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 02:48:53 »
I think CM is making a big mistake by pricing it so high... why would general consumer spend that much for a keyboard when they can just grab something like Quickfire for 100 bucks? If they are aiming to sell these towards crowd like us it will be fine but if this is their "attempt" to introduce Topre switch to the general cosumers, I think they are taking a wrong turn... but then again, what do I know about marketing and selling products? I guess only time will tell. By the way thanks for you great review!

Offline intelli78

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:08:25 »
My impression is that it's targeted toward gamers/hard core PC users/existing CM customers in other segments. These types of users can probably be convinced to buy such a keyboard. I don't think it's aimed at the mass market, e.g. the typical Best Buy shopper. Society is not advanced enough for that yet... ;)
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:19:03 »
Thanks for that!  A lot of people been waiting for a real review.

As for your cons, and ABS keycaps is unlikely to be a problem - I imagine most people would change the keycaps almost as soon as they got the keyboard.  That's why we're buying a Novatouch instead of a RealForce, right?

I have also heard rumours of a 55g version - apparently CM wanted to see how well the 45g version would be released first, and if it was good then to produce the 55g version.  Which is a little sad, as it would be a 55g Novatouch that I would most like.

The price is a bit of a surprise.  Most people estimated between $150 and $200, hoping that it would be towards the lower end of the scale.  But being nearly double the bottom end of that scale might be a deterrent for some people.

The world-wide price is still not revealed. In China it's 220$ though.
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:21:48 »

The retail version will be UV coating. Apparently CM listened to our QQs lol.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:29:48 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline intelli78

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:23:12 »
Any info to report about the release date?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:25:32 »
Any info to report about the release date?

The mass production of the retail version began at 23th July. I assume it will be on VERY soon.
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:26:36 »
The "made in Japan" bit probably adds to the price.

If the whole things were made in China or Taiwan it would probably be a bit cheaper.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:36:48 »

If the whole things were made in China or Taiwan it would probably be a bit cheaper.

The label of the keyboard says MIC.  I guess they produce PCB and switches in Japan, Case keycaps etc in China and assemble it in China.
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:37:25 »

Oh thank god  :thumb:
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:38:45 »

The label of the keyboard says MIC.  I guess they produce PCB and switches in Japan, Case keycaps etc in China and assemble it in China.

Then it could be a premium on the Topre-specific parts (PCB, domes, etc.).

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:50:02 »

Have you heard anything about them making a grey case version? 

I saw this picture on DT, but i'm not sure if this just looks grey because of the lighting.

More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 03:52:49 »

Have you heard anything about them making a grey case version? 

I saw this picture on DT, but i'm not sure if this just looks grey because of the lighting.

Show Image

They are not making grey case yet. It's the lighting. :D
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 04:32:48 »
Great review and pics! Thanks a lot.

Good news on the case coating too. Fingers crossed for 55g..
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline osi

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 04:50:34 »
The insider's POV!!

Thank you for the review. Interesting stabilizers

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 04:53:44 »
The insider's POV!!

Much appreciated, but I'm not insider actually.  :p
CMStorm held an activity and rewarded me with this for coming up with its Chinese name.
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline osi

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 05:04:33 »
The insider's POV!!

CMStorm held an activity and rewarded me with this for coming up with its Chinese name.

Quite an honor!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 05:09:42 »
The insider's POV!!

Well done - congratulations :D

Offline salcan

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 08:57:10 »
excellent post! thanks

btw what keycaps are those with the red to black fade? very cool

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 09:09:35 »
Nice review, great pics.

Funny that it comes with two sets of o-rings. They could have cut that crap out as well as gone easier on the packaging and made it a bit cheaper.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 09:12:20 »
If there is a 55g version I might buy that...
I have heard great things, but I personally have never owned a topre.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline dante

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 09:18:31 »
At $140-$170 this was tempting; at $200+ um no...

For someone who is not a keycap zombie (blasphemy, etc.) this doesn't offer me an experience that I don't already get from my Type Heaven/660C.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:51:05 »
At $140-$170 this was tempting; at $200+ um no...

For someone who is not a keycap zombie (blasphemy, etc.) this doesn't offer me an experience that I don't already get from my Type Heaven/660C.

I'm in the same boat as you, not being a "keycap zombie" either (I own no sets).

However, this is still a no-brainer buy for anyone who spends $100+ on keycap sets on the regular.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 16:58:24 »
I'm curious about those stabilizers, there are no stems? How do they work?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:03:59 »

What's the Chinese name?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 18:54:16 »
re: key weights, i fondled this keyboard pretty inappropriately at keycon and my first impression was that it was much closer to 55g than 45g. i use my 55g 10AE day in and out and the key weights just didn't feel that different from my daily. i don't know if this is because the new slider tooling is particulately precise or because it's a solid mat or what, but i am a 55g stalwart and i loved the feel of the board.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 18:57:38 »
I. Am. So. Excited.

If it isn't out before PAX Prime, I look forward to typing on it in Seattle.
Poker II

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:05:29 »
I'm curious about those stabilizers, there are no stems? How do they work?
The stabilizers are attached to the stems, which means when you push a stabilizer down, the stem will also go down.

What's the Chinese name?

紫星, The Purple Star.

re: key weights, i fondled this keyboard pretty inappropriately at keycon and my first impression was that it was much closer to 55g than 45g. i use my 55g 10AE day in and out and the key weights just didn't feel that different from my daily. i don't know if this is because the new slider tooling is particulately precise or because it's a solid mat or what, but i am a 55g stalwart and i loved the feel of the board.

I guess it is because CM put a spring on spacebar, making typing slightly heavier.

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:08:18 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:08:40 »
The stabilizers are attached to the stems, which means when you push a stabilizer down, the stem will also go down.

ah k, thx.

Offline numiru

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:24:18 »
It would be so cool if the PCB was able to fit into this case. Unfortunately the layout of the PCB looks different from qfr/filco :(
KUL ES-87

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:58:46 »
It would be so cool if the PCB was able to fit into this case. Unfortunately the layout of the PCB looks different from qfr/filco :(

Your feeling is true. The PCB can't fit into any known custom cases.  :eek:
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:11:30 »

Your feeling is true. The PCB can't fit into any known custom cases.  :eek:
:'(

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 10:33:20 »
Good to know. Thanks for that piece of info. I own neither but preferred 55 when I tried them side by side.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 17:15:57 »
Looks like I might sell my duck mini after all.

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 17:21:49 »
duzeyao, did your buddy Zhao the Assman "assemble" those keysets, or did he actually make the keys himself? Those keys are absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to know where to get them if they're sold somewhere.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 17:36:43 »
Everyone knows CPTBadAss is the RL purplestar, am I rite?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:12:41 »
I think CM is making a big mistake by pricing it so high... why would general consumer spend that much for a keyboard when they can just grab something like Quickfire for 100 bucks? If they are aiming to sell these towards crowd like us it will be fine but if this is their "attempt" to introduce Topre switch to the general cosumers, I think they are taking a wrong turn... but then again, what do I know about marketing and selling products? I guess only time will tell. By the way thanks for you great review!

This is a premium product and not aimed towards the general consumer.  Think of it as the high end Swiss watch of keyboards.  The Cherry keycaps freaks that also like Topre will snap this up.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:36:09 »
duzeyao, did your buddy Zhao the Assman "assemble" those keysets, or did he actually make the keys himself? Those keys are absolutely gorgeous, and I'd love to know where to get them if they're sold somewhere.

He bought white PBT blank keycaps (of Cherry profile) from a Chinese factory and dyed them into various of colors. It is sold in Taobao for around 45¥. I can give you the Taobao link if you want.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:39:55 by duzeyao »
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline t2russo

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:44:19 »
I will make one of these fit into an aluminum case.  I will not rest.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 21:14:55 »
This is a premium product and not aimed towards the general consumer.  Think of it as the high end Swiss watch of keyboards.  The Cherry keycaps freaks that also like Topre will snap this up.

If this was a swiss watch look to be paying anywhere around $2100 to $21000 (on average).

This keyboard would be great in a brand new aluminum case (altogether) worth around $800.00USD  8) .

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 21:34:36 »
I will make one of these fit into an aluminum case.  I will not rest.

I hope someone does.    That way I can know what kind to get  :)
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 22:38:20 »
I'm betting to do it, the board will need to be modified.  Specifically, the micro usb port.  Probably will have to remove it completely and hard wire something in to redirect it to a different location. 

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:56:19 »
Thank you for this review! Answers many questions I had, and confirmed some things.

Looks like the keyboard will be overall pretty damn awesome though.

Oh dear lord I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Topre and SA profile keycaps? Hell yes.

This x100. Also, 55g.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 July 2014, 00:02:09 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Abn

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 20:55:20 »
Noppoo Choc Mini Reds | Ducky Shine 3 TKL Browns | Topre Realforce 87U 45gram

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 21:19:41 »
Was thinking about waiting for the 55g but wtf: I'll bite. even though the lack of leds is a real head-scratcher.

duzeyao, xie xie!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 July 2014, 21:21:37 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE