Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 496785 times)

Offline SpareWalrus

So... Are we in production yet? Sorry, that wasn't clear to me

I've heard through the grape vine that production started last week

this is starting to get a little frustrating. why are we not getting more updates as things happen? everyone has paid. this is not the time to make changes to the design, just get the order in and update us on production.
I've been asking for weeks now for a revised timeline and have been told it's coming but am still waiting. Starting to get a bit frustrated as well. I know there's a bit of delay due to unforseen circumstances, which is fine, however I would like to know what this means in terms of delivery date.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If I had a revised timeline I would give it to you.
I know he is working on the boards but I haven't been able to get a date on shipping. I will post something in the OP shortly.

No worries man, thanks for the update. Hopefully I'm not being annoying and I really appreciate all the work you did (and are still doing) on the project. I'll hold tight and wait until you have more updates. Happy production has started, and think I speak for most when I say I can't wait to be typing on this board.

P.S. Hope you got all your computer problems fixed up :).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Appreciate the update. Thanks Ninja.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sissy

The closer we get the more excited I am, got 4 keysets ive not even open yet to try put because I want this to be the first board they go on and a few brocaps also.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Handled moistgun's O mira yesterday at keycon

hype is renewed

MIRA SE ano finish is different than OMIRA finish right?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

hype is renewed

Probably depends on which prototype it was / which factory made it.  Which case was this one?  The cases I've handled for a day when I was taking photos had a very silky / satiny texture; those were made by EVE.  Different from the harder rougher texture of my LZ-GH.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

hype is renewed

Probably depends on which prototype it was / which factory made it.  Which case was this one?  The cases I've handled for a day when I was taking photos had a very silky / satiny texture; those were made by EVE.  Different from the harder rougher texture of my LZ-GH.

Moistgun said it was a GB OMIRA (the one with the weird off-center corners) he got from the Chinese GB. Your best bet is to PM him and ask about it though.

We joked about it being "the skinripper," because when you run your skin along it, it leaves a gross line of dead skin. It felt almost rubberized, I was hoping for a finish closer to LZ/TGR boards.

I'm still hyped either way, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 June 2017, 23:47:15 by Puddsy »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

hype is renewed

Moist and I have the same version and I was really surprised at the feel of it as well.  Silky/satiny is a good way to describe it though, and my friend remarked that it felt like very short felt.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Hi all, I've just learned that the current estimated end of production and beginning of packing and shipping will be in early August.

Offline SixtyLife

thanks photoelectric
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
given the recent events in other group buys, i sincerely hope that the manufacturer has clear instructions as to the quality we are expecting. i would rather not have to deal with QA/QC issues after they have delivered the product

also, thanks for the update pe

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
given the recent events in other group buys, i sincerely hope that the manufacturer has clear instructions as to the quality we are expecting. i would rather not have to deal with QA/QC issues after they have delivered the product

It's EVE, it'll be perfect. He's done a bunch of boards already. The group buy you're thinking of knowingly chose a bad manu. EVE is one of the best.

~~

Thanks for the update photoe. I'm max hype for this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 June 2017, 23:49:35 by Puddsy »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Hi all, I've just learned that the current estimated end of production and beginning of packing and shipping will be in early August.

Appreciate the update

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Thanks photo, can't wait to see the end result

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
The group buy you're thinking of knowingly chose a bad manu.

1. It's easy to tell who is ****posting and who actually cares - you should've done your research. My cases finished production on the 16th of November. It was the weights (the design mainly) that took us further. 27's cases arrived on the 16th of January. Therefore my cases were done 2 months before his arrived. This means there was absolutely no way to judge quality.

Offline Sissy

If all goes well it sounds like I should get it around my birthday.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
Thanks for the update!

given the recent events in other group buys, i sincerely hope that the manufacturer has clear instructions as to the quality we are expecting. i would rather not have to deal with QA/QC issues after they have delivered the product.
I sincerely hope we won't have to deal with QC issues.

Offline iArson

If I get an extra plate for my Dolphin I plan on selling off my spot. Lunar Grey Winkeyless.

#19 engraved.

Will post how much I paid (or just check the spreadsheet) as well as the $40 for the Limited Edition spot.

Offline I_need_a_bath

If I get an extra plate for my Dolphin I plan on selling off my spot. Lunar Grey Winkeyless.

#19 engraved.

Will post how much I paid (or just check the spreadsheet) as well as the $40 for the Limited Edition spot.

I would be interested in taking over your spot if someone would be looking to take over mine. The 19th is my birthday so it would be pretty cool to have that number. I also wouldn't mind switching WK for WKL. WKL looks much better now that I've seen more of it.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Please make dure to do the transfer through ninjadoc.

Offline finalarcadia

I can take over a spot, pm me.

Offline ninjadoc

Link to pictures of production

https://imgur.com/a/br9oS

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 11:49:53 by alienman82 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Those are sweet. Thanks ninja.

Offline sunnywala

Thanks for the awesome update!

Offline theillumedpanda

[GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (Closed for orders. Manufacturing phase.)
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 02:41:31 »
Thanks for the update!

I think I've read that other users are planning on using Alps and thus also need a plate. Is there anyone who's already working on a one? I don't know how to do this myself and would appreciate it if there were someone else doing it.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
I think I've read that other users are planning on using Alps and thus also need a plate. Is there anyone who's already working on a one? I don't know how to do this myself and would appreciate it if there were someone else doing it.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2437199#msg2437199
and the next post.

Offline theillumedpanda

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2437199#msg2437199
and the next post.
Cheers! Looking forward to that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Got any more of those production photos?

Offline ninjadoc

yes

http://imgur.com/a/qjiV2

also posted in update post

Offline dbucklin

I'd like to sell my spot. I ordered a winkey layout, black case, steel plate, and brass weight.

Pending.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 July 2017, 15:14:19 by dbucklin »

Offline ___q

I'd like to sell my spot. I ordered a winkey layout, black case, steel plate, and brass weight.

pmd :)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

I see you entered using your reddit username.  Please note that we request no direct sales of group buy slots.  You can find a buyer, but the invoicing and refund will be done by ninjadoc. (This information is in the first post of this thread.)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

yes

oooh! very nice thanks for the pics ninja, please keep them coming! tbh, its a little surreal to see them finally being manufactured

Offline SpareWalrus

yes

oooh! very nice thanks for the pics ninja, please keep them coming! tbh, its a little surreal to see them finally being manufactured

Right? But super exciting! Everything is ready for this build, so excited.

Offline Dteach

Whoever is selling their slot, is it already sold?

Offline ns90

yes

HYPE. I'm really excited.

Offline mechengkeys

Have shipping bills been sent out yet, I don't want to miss mine, I am seldom on geekhack? I assume they will come via my email through paypal.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Have shipping bills been sent out yet, I don't want to miss mine, I am seldom on geekhack? I assume they will come via my email through paypal.

No they haven't gone out

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

No they haven't gone out

PhotoE said "early august"

Offline I_need_a_bath

As everyone knows, tastes change...

Looking to give my spot to someone else (WK gray). Message me here or on Reddit to take it over and we'll talk to ninja to solidify it.

Spot is gone
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 July 2017, 14:52:15 by I_need_a_bath »

Offline pace8500

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2023, 06:21:25 by pace8500 »

Offline SpareWalrus

Anyone else get a notification from PayPal with delivery information? The details were blank but it looks like it has been marked as shipped in PayPal.

Did you get a shipping invoice already?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Anyone else get a notification from PayPal with delivery information? The details were blank but it looks like it has been marked as shipped in PayPal.

I did as well. Probably just ninja adding stuff internally.

Offline LDobler

If anyone wants to swap their WKL top case for my WK top case, please PM me!

Color is GRAY.

Thanks  :thumb:

Offline ninjadoc

Anyone that received an email from paypal that their item was shipped - untrue obviously. It happened because of a work around to prevent paypal from locking the paypal account
Interestingly enough I've done that with all of the purchases in the GB and this is the first time I've heard of anyone getting an email about it.

Offline ninjadoc

Update which is really no update - CNC almost completed. Preparing/beginning anodyzing. No pictures yet

Offline Chachal

• Keyboard Wear
Thanks for info Ninja :)

Pok3r (MX Clear)

Offline Sissy

Update which is really no update - CNC almost completed. Preparing/beginning anodyzing. No pictures yet
WeW
we getting closer and closer.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

the hype continues

Offline theillumedpanda

Anyone that received an email from paypal that their item was shipped - untrue obviously. It happened because of a work around to prevent paypal from locking the paypal account.
Why does that even happen? And do you know when this may or may not happen?

Looking forward to my MIRA!