Author Topic: I made this: Mario Starman (power star) Keycap  (Read 7907 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: I made this: Mario Powerman (star) Keycap
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 17:05:50 »
I could easily make a Topre model, as well, I'd just need to get my hands on a Topre keycap. (I don't have any, sad to say).

The mystery block, brick block and mario are all three in production. I opted to get Mario gold plated, so that one takes quite a bit longer. I have a ton of other ideas as well, and I'd welcome ideas (as you've all shared).

I'm kind of excited about the brick block because the paint color doesn't exist for what I want, so I get to do some mixing. Experimenting is fun!

Also, my modded Poker II just arrived, so I'll have an LED pic up tonight (unless the person who soldered my PCB ruined it, in which case I will cry a lot).

Uh.... I guess I could do an interest check to see how interested people would be in me selling them in small quantities...

Cher

And some buckling spring versions too?  For the Model M/F fans?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 18:59:41 »

and I'd welcome ideas

There are far more Cherry and Topre users out there who are proven to spend a lot more money, but buckling spring and Alps users are bereft of most choices and would probably be more grateful.

Escape and arrow key alternatives are probably the most obvious choices for custom keys.

I could easily make a Topre model, as well, I'd just need to get my hands on a Topre keycap. (I don't have any, sad to say).

The mystery block, brick block and mario are all three in production. I opted to get Mario gold plated, so that one takes quite a bit longer. I have a ton of other ideas as well, and I'd welcome ideas (as you've all shared).

I'm kind of excited about the brick block because the paint color doesn't exist for what I want, so I get to do some mixing. Experimenting is fun!

Also, my modded Poker II just arrived, so I'll have an LED pic up tonight (unless the person who soldered my PCB ruined it, in which case I will cry a lot).

Uh.... I guess I could do an interest check to see how interested people would be in me selling them in small quantities...

Cher

If I can get my hands on a key, I can make a 3-D model and see how it prints.  ^-^

As promised:

I think it might need to be more orange.  :-[ --- Or put on a yellow LED.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:19:52 by cherpalla »
c h e r

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:14:15 »
I think that looks stunning, of course when it's lit up it doesn't have that Mario special yellow, but eitherway the art is beautiful, and it gives it it's own "unique quality" I would be interested in purchasing the key caps of course, as I need to start a collection. :)
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: I made this: Mario Starman (power star) Keycap
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 14:54:44 »

and I'd welcome ideas

There are far more Cherry and Topre users out there who are proven to spend a lot more money, but buckling spring and Alps users are bereft of most choices and would probably be more grateful.

Escape and arrow key alternatives are probably the most obvious choices for custom keys.

Cher

If I can get my hands on a key, I can make a 3-D model and see how it prints.  ^-^

As promised:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think it might need to be more orange.  :-[ --- Or put on a yellow LED.

Awesome work yo ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 16:08:38 »
c h e r

Offline Monophonic

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 05:16:08 »
How do I get one?! D:

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 06:03:29 »
c h e r

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 06:53:20 »
you may try to combine more caps together in the same model (using junctions) to try to slightly reduce pricing

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 07:07:20 »
you may try to combine more caps together in the same model (using junctions) to try to slightly reduce pricing

This reduces handling costs, but causes me to have to pre-order in large quantities, which is something I can't really afford to do. I will only do this for sets and Limited Runs that are printed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:36:58 by cherpalla »
c h e r

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 20:07:39 »
For everyone that was wanting to buy one of these... I've got a thread in the Artisan Forums. Thanks for giving me something to do!!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57263.0
c h e r