Author Topic: [GB] ADK64 - 3D Printed 60% case for alps64/MX 60% [IN STOCK DEC 7]  (Read 41107 times)

Offline eagles_3

Re: [GB] ADK64 - 3D Printed 60% case for alps64 [SHIPPING]
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 18:51:05 »
Here’s one in a couple different lighting situations, you can see the bezel layers well with direct overhead lighting.

Offline eagles_3

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 18:52:47 »
Oops

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 19:43:59 »
B-stock is coming and R2 is very high likelihood.

These are PLA, not ABS. I may have stated that somewhere in err, so finishing methods like acetone vapour are not going to work.

As for adjusting the bezel, I'm not sure what you mean - if you can make a diagram/picture or something more descriptive I can have a look at making potential adjustments.

Like these, which is minor but it can be more perfect with iterations of revisions:
Show Image

Show Image

Plus one thing:
The translucent and glow-in-dark option when paired with the Paladin64 PCB is a total killer purchase for lots of Alps interested people.
Which I hope, you can also collaborate with the Paladin64 PCB designer to let you re-run a batch of Paladin64.

That's due to the angle. It covers the bottom when looking at it from a less extreme angle. See my IC pics.

I have a line of communication with nachie, the paladin64 creator, so I'll talk with him and see if he wants to run some more for R2.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 20:11:13 »
I actually have a paladin64 that I haven't used yet :)

Offline menuhin

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 21:18:33 »
B-stock is coming and R2 is very high likelihood.

These are PLA, not ABS. I may have stated that somewhere in err, so finishing methods like acetone vapour are not going to work.

As for adjusting the bezel, I'm not sure what you mean - if you can make a diagram/picture or something more descriptive I can have a look at making potential adjustments.

Like these, which is minor but it can be more perfect with iterations of revisions:
Show Image

Show Image

Plus one thing:
The translucent and glow-in-dark option when paired with the Paladin64 PCB is a total killer purchase for lots of Alps interested people.
Which I hope, you can also collaborate with the Paladin64 PCB designer to let you re-run a batch of Paladin64.

That's due to the angle. It covers the bottom when looking at it from a less extreme angle. See my IC pics.

I have a line of communication with nachie, the paladin64 creator, so I'll talk with him and see if he wants to run some more for R2.

Great if there can be more Paladin64 for more people especially those in the R2.

I saw too that in some other angles the top edge is covered better. I have two AEK (I & II) cases at home right now, and I raised this point because I recently noticed the curve of the original AEK II case is not a uniform curve: it's more like the curve steepen above the shift row, and its the steepest just above the numeral row, kind of in between the numeral row and the F key row.

Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 09:52:44 »
I'm wondering if there is any good info out there on removing the apple logo from old boards, and gluing it to the adk64 without destroying it in the process. I'm asking around some friends of friends who have done it right now, and will post if I find anything..otherwise would like to hear from the lads in here who seem to have done it without issue

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:01:47 »
Take apart the board, and there should be a pinhole behind the logo. Just poke it out thru there, you've only gotta break a tiny bit of 30 year old glue. I've got like 5 logos out without issues.

Use a glue stick to dab a bit on when putting it on the adk for a temporary solution, hot glue for a more permanent one
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:03:54 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:04:52 »
Take apart the board, and there should be a pinhole behind the logo. Just poke it out thru there, you've only gotta break a tiny bit of 30 year old glue. I've got like 5 logos out without issues.

Use a glue stick to dab a bit on when putting it on the adk for a temporary solution, hot glue for a more permanent one

This.  I learned the hard way when I scraped mine slightly trying to pry it out.  Was just smh when I saw that pin hole.  LOL.  Also, use a hairdryer on it for about 30 seconds to loosen the glue.  It comes right out.

Luckily I have 3 more
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:12:43 by pixelpusher »

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:14:08 »

This.  I learned the hard way when I scraped mine slightly trying to pry it out.  Was just smh when I saw that pin hole.  LOL.  Also, use a hairdryer on it for about 30 seconds to loosen the glue.  It comes right out.

Luckily I have 3 more

Oh nice thanks! You guys are a pretty quick support system lol. As for gluing to the adk64..I was gonna try epoxy, is that overkill?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:20:48 »

Luckily I have 3 more

Oh nice thanks! You guys are a pretty quick support system lol. As for gluing to the adk64..I was gonna try epoxy, is that overkill?

I just smashed mine in there and it held with the old glue.   :p

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:43:54 »

Luckily I have 3 more

Epoxy is overkill. School glue/hot glue is all you need

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:51:17 »

Epoxy is overkill. School glue/hot glue is all you need

Ah ok I think I'll try hot glue...Thanks!!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 10:53:26 »
Dang, I'm sad I missed this.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 11:36:22 »
Dang, I'm sad I missed this.

R2 my man, or B-stock. I'll get right on an IC for R2 when B-stock goes live in a few days.

Offline Jurka

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 12:42:24 »
I would absolutely love this for a regular 65% keeb and print it myself. The 3D printing texture on the final product is something I really dig as well.
Tenkeyless and penniless.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 13:55:01 »
I would absolutely love this for a regular 65% keeb and print it myself. The 3D printing texture on the final product is something I really dig as well.

When ai03 wraps up the lunar GB I'm going to bug him about using his 65% alps pcb for the ADK65. That one will need a custom plate, so I'll probably do a case + plate + pcb combo if that ever becomes a thing.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:07:28 »
217173-0
217175-1

Haven't had a chance to build up the ALPS board I have planned for this case yet, but I wanted to give it a spin. So I threw my "Holy Zeals" build (V1 Zealio housings, Outemu Sky leaves, Halo stems, lubed with 3204) in it for now. It actually makes for a really good test of the acoustics since the Halo stems hitting off the Zealio housings is even louder & slightly higher pitched than Panda housings. In a KBDfans 5 degree case this build was loud, it sounded great but seriously loud even with sorbathane in the bottom. In the ADK64 it is much quieter (I do have the sorbathane in the bottom of it too), but the sounds still come through really nice. Basically it gives a nice reduction in the loudness of any sounds, but it doesn't muffle them. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for out of this case, now I can't wait to get some brown ALPS in it! How are you guys that already have AEK builds in them feeling about the case & it's acoustics?

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:10:14 »

When ai03 wraps up the lunar GB I'm going to bug him about using his 65% alps pcb for the ADK65. That one will need a custom plate, so I'll probably do a case + plate + pcb combo if that ever becomes a thing.

This would be amazing if you could offer a full kit for a 65%, although even if it's just the case you can count me in for one. I'm very happy with my ADK64! :thumb:

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 01:05:31 »
Hopefully everyone has gotten their stuff, and if you haven't received it in a reasonable amount of time, don't hesitate to contact me. Belle has been busy, but she hopes to have B-stock ready to sell for this weekend. As soon as we open that up, I'm considering this GB basically complete, and I'm opening an IC for R2. I don't want to divulge too much, but I'm talking with inachie about running the paladin64 PCB (Alps PCB with qmk and underglow) along with custom plates for the next round. So stay tuned for that!

Thanks everyone.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 10:07:56 »
Haven't had a chance to build yet, but both boards showed up rather quickly, both in good shape and well packaged. Would def join again, thanks

Offline tron

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 14:12:28 »
Hopefully everyone has gotten their stuff, and if you haven't received it in a reasonable amount of time, don't hesitate to contact me. Belle has been busy, but she hopes to have B-stock ready to sell for this weekend. As soon as we open that up, I'm considering this GB basically complete, and I'm opening an IC for R2. I don't want to divulge too much, but I'm talking with inachie about running the paladin64 PCB (Alps PCB with qmk and underglow) along with custom plates for the next round. So stay tuned for that!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to B-stock and R2  :thumb:

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 10:07:49 »
I'm looking forward to bstock and r2 as well!

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 14:54:14 »
As per Belle's Reddit post, B-stock should be up this week, she's just been a little swamped with her website and such. They will be $25-35 depending on the condition, and I'm still looking into ways to finish the cases, I've just been swamped with other life stuff.

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 14:59:39 »
As per Belle's Reddit post, B-stock should be up this week, she's just been a little swamped with her website and such. They will be $25-35 depending on the condition, and I'm still looking into ways to finish the cases, I've just been swamped with other life stuff.

Do you have a link to that Reddit post?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [ne B-stock avail? yes.] ADK64 - 3D Printed 60% case for alps64
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 19:11:58 »
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, but the B-stock is live and ready to go.

https://keyboardbelle.com/products/adk64-classic-beige-pale-gray-b-stock-3d-printed-case

Belle is doing inventory on the other colors now, so they should be up soon as well.

Offline create_destroy

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 17:10:33 »
218303-0
218305-1
218307-2
218309-3
218311-4
218313-5
218315-6

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 18:16:03 »
The lighting + the finish on that wood blend in so nicely with the colors of the board. Awesome setup  :eek:

Offline qriousgabriel

• aka. gabrlyg
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:53:24 »

https://keyboardbelle.com/products/adk64-classic-beige-pale-gray-b-stock-3d-printed-case

Belle is doing inventory on the other colors now, so they should be up soon as well.
Nice work man! Too bad that I didn’t go back to the keyboard hobby and see this earlier. Just a quick question about the B-stock, what’s the middle riser in the options?
HHKB | OTD DGE | FC660C | Realforce | Kaze
WTB Topre Clacks

Offline menuhin

More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 08:33:22 »

Nice work man! Too bad that I didn’t go back to the keyboard hobby and see this earlier. Just a quick question about the B-stock, what’s the middle riser in the options?

Alps boards dont have room for a screw between the G and H keys, so if you choose no riser, there will be some center flex. Or, some like to keep the center riser just so there is some rigidity (even though there is no where to screw in). MX boards also have a screw between G and H, so it just depends on what you're putting in there and how much flex you want.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

What color is this one?
Translucent? Or glow-in-dark?

Translucent

Offline menuhin

More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:52:57 »
Is there a 2-d svg for the apple logo from the print that someone could share?  I'd like to see if I can make a decal to stick in there since I don't have an actual one and my wife has a Cricut that could probably make them.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 08:37:08 »
I have a model of the hole cutout somewhere, so I can use that to make a model of the original logo. They could be 3D printed in any color easily, and maybe painted (might looks sloppy unless you got warhammer 40k skillz).

I am pursuing a few leads about getting a bunch of OG logos stocked, so I'll keep the second IC updated on that as we go.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 11:42:12 »
So, it looks like everyone has their cases, B-stock is selling well, and there were no major issues or delays. I think we did okay for a first GB.

Big thanks to keyboardbelle for all her help optimizing the printing and keeping such high standards of prints, this wouldn't have bee as smooth/even possible without her immense help.

Also thanks to weez for testing the prototype, handling shipping, and putting up with my incessant questions in the middle of the night :p

I guess this wraps up R1 - I hope everyone likes their cases.

R2 IC HERE: https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=132.0

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 09:42:01 »
Just received my b-stock without the logo and it's great. Very solid case and affordable. Also should add that the light gray case color is perfect.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 May 2019, 09:45:45 by iliketimex »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 18:40:23 »
https://imgur.com/gallery/7KbUQh9

(Attachment Link)

You went absolutely nuts with the ptfe my Lord... Does that work? Doesn't it get everywhere once the board is together?

Offline gbchk

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 19:19:33 »
Holy ****...why so much?

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 20:57:27 »
https://imgur.com/gallery/7KbUQh9

(Attachment Link)

You went absolutely nuts with the ptfe my Lord... Does that work? Doesn't it get everywhere once the board is together?

Asking the real questions! ^^^ I would like to know as well.

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 21:03:03 »
Oh BTW I finally decided on using the AEK layout & caps with mine. Used a Hasu ALPS64 PCB & FR4 AEK plate with SKCM browns, man am I loving the browns! Here's the finished product,
218580-0
218582-1

I also managed to get my hands on a SGI AT101 with those sweet dye subs, so I'll eventually be putting another build for this case using an XD60 v3 PCB & a brass plate cut to match the AT101's WKL layout & weird caps switch placement.

Offline penrose

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 01:02:42 »
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but any updates on the possibility of a round 2? Sad to have missed this by a year. ;_;

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 15:32:36 »
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but any updates on the possibility of a round 2? Sad to have missed this by a year. ;_;

ADK64v2 IC is live, should be on then first or second page of the IC section.

ADK64v2 has been postponed for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 16:24:36 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [IN STOCK] ADK64 - 3D Printed 60% case for alps64/MX 60%
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 16:45:21 »
These are back for the time being.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:14:01 »

Is this the exact same as R1 or are there revisions?  Also, any chance of getting a plate? :)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 21:12:47 »

Is this the exact same as R1 or are there revisions?  Also, any chance of getting a plate? :)

A few minor revisions (making the lip cover tall keycaps a bit better, for one)
An Alps plate for AEK caps? May as well get a handful made.