Author Topic: [IC] GMK STORM l Running from 12th January until 12th February  (Read 41928 times)

Offline sp.people

[IC] GMK STORM l Running from 12th January until 12th February
« on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:13:11 »

Hello,
Today we present you with Storm.

Have you ever seen the sky before the storm? It's really amazing.
This is a keycap design that looks like a stormy sky. It represents various cloud colours.
Colours are often related to settings. The stormy sky coloured the gradation and we thought this would be cool for people other than ourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m not fluent in English. I don't know if it makes sense, but please understand.

Thank you for your feedback from IC.
The first survey is over, and the design has been changed based on the feedback from the survey! Also, the IC Form for the changed design has been renewed.

New IC FORM
We would greatly appreciate a moment of your time to fill out this form and provide
Google IC Form :https://forms.gle/Nrxo1RRmREoMgNuo8

We confirmed the estimate and production schedule of the design with GMK.
The interest check form has now finished and using the feedback from the surveys we have made some final changes to our designs!

Kits

KIT Support
• 40%
• 60%
• 65%
• 70%
• 75%
• TKL
• Full Size

Colors

Renders

Deskmats

Deskmat SPECS
• 900x400x4mm
• Natural Rubber Base&Soft Polyester Bottom
• Stitched Edges
• Cloth Top

COLLABORATIONS
Casper Keys - Custom Metal Keycap

Lightning

Hurricane

Metal Novelties SPECS
• Cherry R1 1u
• MX Stem
• Material: Anodized Aluminum 6061-T6
• Weight: approximately 4.9g

COLLABORATIONS
Nerdcables

https://www.nerdcables.com/

Cable SPECS
"Storm” is a platinum on gunmetal grey 6 inch coiled cable with grey accents.
And a carbon on gunmetal grey straight cable with grey accents.
They are connected by a gunmetal grey 5 pin aviator connecter.
*Option for chrome aviator

Vendors
•  AMERICA : KONO
•  CANADA : DeskHero
•  OCEANIA : Daily Clack
•  EUROPE : MyKeyboard
•  ASIA : iLumKB
•  CHINA : zFrontier

Group Buy Date
January 12th 2021

TO DO  LIST
- Gather feedback from IC form
- Add more renders
- Get pricing quotes
- Contact vendors
- Plan a date for the GB
- Announce Pricing

UPDATE
(08/11/2020)
- Design has been changed based on the feedback from IC Form.
- Started new IC Form.
- Changed Base, Spacebars kits.
- Added Forties, Novelties kits.
- Changed colors.
- Changed deskmat spec.
- Added To-Do list.

(12/11/2020)
- Changed the color of R3 'Enter key'.
- Changed the Spacebars to Convex

(24/11/2020)
[Base Kit]
- Changed the color 'ESC' key(bottom)
- Added the R3 1U (|\) keys(2 colors)

[Renders]
- Added 40% Keyboard
- Added TKL Keyboard
- Changed Keyboard

(02/12/2020)
- Added Vendors

(04/12/2020)
- Updated COLLABORATIONS Metal Novelties

(07/12/2020)
- Added America Vendor
- GB schedule confirmed. (Will run from 12th January 2021)

If you'd like to support this set, please add this code to your profile signature!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109342.0][img width=260 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/ICNyyWF.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 18:30:42 by sp.people »

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK STORM
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:15:11 »
Are you sure GMK is willing to work with that many colors?

May heavily affect price/moq

Offline Ireojimayo

• Yo dayo
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:18:29 »
8 custom colours monkaW

Edit: kekW no longer GMK

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 11:57:29 by Ireojimayo »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:19:56 »
Why 3mm deskmats? 3mm tend to show wrinkles more and the cost to make it 4mm isn't really going to effect your profit that much on the mats.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:22:56 »
It's about to storm here...

Offline xernnn

Re: [IC] STORM CONCEPT
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:48:13 »
Why'd you change it and not address it?

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:52:16 »
I'm liking the shade of color altering from top top bottom, a bit concerned like dandruff for the ability to color match from $manufacturer's side of things, may want to look into a broader white-grey-black color spectrum. The rolling thunder/clouds deskmat look absolutely stunning, every time I look at it, I can feel emotions building up from within me. Please please please look into making this mat 4mm thickness. The other design looks fun as well!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 02:57:07 by Anthixious »

Offline norb

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 13:57:53 »
the deskmat is killer, but matching 8 custom grey colors with the current progess speed will take at least two years alone :eek:

Offline devilDesignsKB

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:18:12 »
this definitely llooks like a first key cap set design, maybe more practice is good before bringing to IC, but i think i saw you made KAT LALA too so i don't know, i think the colors just don't work well here and it just gives off amateur design vibes picking out random dark colors, kind of 'cheap'?.. sry

update: never mind, ii take back what I said. Apologies. it is essential to bring to IC in order to learn and improve. Have a good day and Good luck
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:25:39 by devilDesignsKB »

Offline huey

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:21:59 »
Interesting set. I don't think the Pantone for the number row is the best choice as it does look good outside of the theme imo. Though I understand why you have it that way. I think the rest of the choices for the alphas are decent.

I would also suggest getting more renders of boards sized larger than a 60 variant.

Offline Owl

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:14:54 »
I like it so far. If I may add my own two-cents, I am imagining a slightly different approach. Like maybe do ALL the keys in one of the grays, or gradient of grays, and have alphas be a more "colored" gradient downwards. So like a layered gradient. I think it would "open up" the layout and give it that sky feeling while also utilizing the complex color palette. Either way off to a good start. Interested to see how it develops because I love me some thunderstorms!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 19:27:46 by Owl »

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:22:10 »
Whereas, I understand that the amount of colors can have a potentially negative impact on the logistics of making this set, I still am heavily appreciating the colorway despite typically not caring for gradient sets. I will definitely consider purchasing if this goes to the group buy phase at some point.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline 3ditda

• 3DITDA
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 10:16:07 »

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 November 2020, 10:18:21 by 3ditda »

Offline sp.people

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 10:31:34 »
Why 3mm deskmats? 3mm tend to show wrinkles more and the cost to make it 4mm isn't really going to effect your profit that much on the mats.
   Through your feedback has changed the thickness of the deskmat from 3mm to 4mm. Thank you for your information and feedback.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 10:39:29 »
I'm liking the shade of color altering from top top bottom, a bit concerned like dandruff for the ability to color match from $manufacturer's side of things, may want to look into a broader white-grey-black color spectrum. The rolling thunder/clouds deskmat look absolutely stunning, every time I look at it, I can feel emotions building up from within me. Please please please look into making this mat 4mm thickness. The other design looks fun as well!
First of all, thank you for your feedback.
We adjusted the color, changed grey gradation, and changed the thickness of the deskmat
from 3mm to 4mm with your feedback.

Offline norb

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 10:59:40 »
wait, the awesome deskmat is gone?  :(

Offline sp.people

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 11:01:30 »

Thank you for the first comment.
We changed the color and design through IC FORM. However, there are still 7 colors.  :confused:
We are currently in discussion with GMK. Please support us a lot.

this definitely llooks like a first key cap set design, maybe more practice is good before bringing to IC, but i think i saw you made KAT LALA too so i don't know, i think the colors just don't work well here and it just gives off amateur design vibes picking out random dark colors, kind of 'cheap'?.. sry

update: never mind, ii take back what I said. Apologies. it is essential to bring to IC in order to learn and improve. Have a good day and Good luck
Thank you for your feedback.
We thought a lot about color internally. This is the result of everyone's agreement to make
gradation products. We will do our best to make it a good design. Please support us a lot.

Interesting set. I don't think the Pantone for the number row is the best choice as it does look good outside of the theme imo. Though I understand why you have it that way. I think the rest of the choices for the alphas are decent.

I would also suggest getting more renders of boards sized larger than a 60 variant.
We're going to offer a range of rendering images in the future.

I like it so far. If I may add my own two-cents, I am imagining a slightly different approach. Like maybe do ALL the keys in one of the grays, or gradient of grays, and have alphas be a more "colored" gradient downwards. So like a layered gradient. I think it would "open up" the layout and give it that sky feeling while also utilizing the complex color palette. Either way off to a good start. Interested to see how it develops because I love me some thunderstorms!
Thank you for liking our design. We adjusted the color, changed grey gradation
Please keep watching us develop. Please support us. :thumb:

Whereas, I understand that the amount of colors can have a potentially negative impact on the logistics of making this set, I still am heavily appreciating the colorway despite typically not caring for gradient sets. I will definitely consider purchasing if this goes to the group buy phase at some point.
Thank you for liking our concept. We changed the color from 8 to 7. we plan to
continue talking with the manufacturer about the color and try to make the product until
the end. We'll try to make it possible for you to buy. Please pray for us. :thumb:

Offline sp.people

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 11:19:59 »
wait, the awesome deskmat is gone?  :(
We changed it because many people like the pattern image more. It's not a final decision yet. Please give us your feedback through IC Form.sorry about that.

Offline sp.people

Re: [IC] GMK STORM : UPDATED KITS(Novelties, Forties)!!
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:50:30 »
UPDATE
(12/11/2020)
- Changed the color of R3 'Enter key'.
- Changed the Spacebars to Convex

Offline Pach

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 21:46:03 »
Cool concept, nice IC. If you manage to work it out with GMK and have a modest retail price (I feel like around 150 USD would be a fair price considering you have so many colors, I don't know if many people are willing to pay much more for a GMK set at retail) it would be very good.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 22:14:57 »
Filled the IC form.
Just curious, what does SP from your username (sp.people) stand for?

Offline bigfishkb

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 00:00:18 »
I'm drooling. I love grey sets. I'm all over this, especially with 40s support.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 06:00:48 »
Cool concept, nice IC. If you manage to work it out with GMK and have a modest retail price (I feel like around 150 USD would be a fair price considering you have so many colors, I don't know if many people are willing to pay much more for a GMK set at retail) it would be very good.
Thank you for liking our concept.

We are discussing the design estimate and production schedule with GMK.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 06:08:13 »
Filled the IC form.
Just curious, what does SP from your username (sp.people) stand for?
Thank you for filling out the IC form.

SP has many meanings.
In other words, "S" means Strategy, Success, Start, Super….And "P" means Plan, Play, Project, Positive, Potential…. etc.
It's a company created by people with this kind of thinking.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 06:14:35 »
I'm drooling. I love grey sets. I'm all over this, especially with 40s support.
Thank you for loving us all.

We didn’t make 40's kits with the first design. we added it from IC Form feedback which It helps me make the kit better! :thumb:

Offline pol139

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 19:13:18 »
It feels like a storm.  I like it and cheer for you. :-*

Offline TPT

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:50:18 »
Looking at the base kit, I don't quite see the point of the light Esc key. I would rather have an R1 alpha coloured Esc like you have in the 660 renders.

Also, the ISO in the base kit is unusable since it is missing an R3 1u key to go with the ISO enter.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 20:01:43 »
Looking at the base kit, I don't quite see the point of the light Esc key. I would rather have an R1 alpha coloured Esc like you have in the 660 renders.

Also, the ISO in the base kit is unusable since it is missing an R3 1u key to go with the ISO enter.

The base is configured with 2 colors of ESC. One is R1-RAL7016, and the other is R4-RAL7001.
Is the color you want R1 RAL 7015?(Please check our colors)

Also, 40's has the R3 ‘1U’ Enter key you talked about. Please tell me again if what I understand is wrong.

Offline TPT

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 03:30:56 »
I am talking about RAL 7015, so the Esc key would fit in line with the number row on 60% and 65% layouts. You even seem to have rendered it in that colour right here:

Sorry for not being clear enough about the ISO situation. In order to accomodate an ISO layout, one needs an R3 pipe key to the left of the ISO enter. See this image for reference:

Offline sp.people

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 05:22:01 »
I am talking about RAL 7015, so the Esc key would fit in line with the number row on 60% and 65% layouts. You even seem to have rendered it in that colour right here:

Show Image

Sorry for not being clear enough about the ISO situation. In order to accomodate an ISO layout, one needs an R3 pipe key to the left of the ISO enter. See this image for reference:

Show Image

Thank you very much for explaining it in the images.
We told the designer that we would actively reflect your feedback.  :thumb: Thank you for helping us.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 05:22:50 »
It feels like a storm.  I like it and cheer for you. :-*
Thank you for cheering us on.

Offline sp.people

Re: [IC] GMK STORM : UPDATED More Renders
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 02:46:01 »
(24/11/2020)
[Base Kit]
- Changed the color 'ESC' key(bottom)
- Added the R3 1U (|\) keys(2 colors)

[Renders]
- Added 40% Keyboard
- Added TKL Keyboard
- Changed Keyboard

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 05:10:15 »
Very interested in this kit to allow some mixing with other sets.  Please add UK ISO kit.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline santela

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 07:38:38 »
I love different shades of gray, so this is very interesting to me, but I would like an option of a gradient mods kit to match the alphas for a more clean look. It doesn't have to be the base option, but as an additional kit is fine.

Also congrats on the colors, it really does give the sense of a storm coming, well done.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 05:59:58 »
Very interested in this kit to allow some mixing with other sets.  Please add UK ISO kit.
Sorry about that. Although there were feedbacks, it is regrettable that it could not implement various kits to achieve MOQ.

I love different shades of gray, so this is very interesting to me, but I would like an option of a gradient mods kit to match the alphas for a more clean look. It doesn't have to be the base option, but as an additional kit is fine.

Also congrats on the colors, it really does give the sense of a storm coming, well done.
We confirmed the estimate and production schedule of the design with GMK.
The interest check form has now finished and using the feedback from the surveys we have made some final changes to our designs!
Sorry about that. Although there were feedbacks, it is regrettable that it could not implement various kits to achieve MOQ.

Offline pol139

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 05:55:42 »
When does the GB start?

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 07:57:07 »
Dark like my soul, love this <3

Offline insurgent

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 23:46:16 »
when do you start GB?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 23:58:08 by insurgent »

Offline sp.people

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 06:27:22 »
When does the GB start?

We are currently discussing GB date with vendors. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Offline sp.people

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 06:27:50 »
when do you start GB?

We are currently discussing GB date with vendors. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Offline Beenoman

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 10:25:51 »
Getting KAT Iron vibes, also won't this take forever to produce? With that many custom colors that looks like that would take forever.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 03:58:25 »
I feel that this set would really benefit from more work on the kits and more kits as well.  The colour way is great and it lends itself to a more universal set rather than a novelty set.  This could work on so many builds and boards. Just my opinion.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline sp.people

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 19:55:04 »
Update (02/12/2020)
- Added Vendors

Offline sp.people

Re: [IC] GMK STORM l Update: Metal Novelties Added
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 20:34:42 »
(04/12/2020)
- Updated COLLABORATIONS Metal Novelties

Offline pol139

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 20:55:18 »
WOW very nice custom metal...I cant wait

Offline shortdog6

• Casper Keys
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 19:53:00 »
Nice novelties ;)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 09:49:07 »
Looking at the base kit, the Enter accents don't make a lot of sense to me. You're essentially making them alpha-colored, so they will blend in with the alphas while the rest of the mods stay dark gray, which effectively defeats the purpose of having accent keys. Try rendering a board with one of the accent Enters and you'll see what I mean.

There are some keys that can be removed from the base kit:
  • remove second 1u Ctrl — There aren't any modern ≥60% boards that use two 1u Ctrl keys.
  • remove mod-colored R1 1u \| — In split Backspace configurations, pipe usually doesn't go in the corner (tilde or Delete does), so the mod-colored version of this key isn't necessary.
  • remove mod-colored R3 and R4 1u \| — I see what you're going for with these, but I think it's a bit much to offer both alpha and mod-colored versions of the ISO keys. You should pick one color, stick with it, and remove the other pair. ISO users usually prefer these keys to be alpha-colored.
Also, I recommend changing the R4 1u \| ISO key to <> to avoid duplicate keys and offer slightly more generic basic coverage. See here for more details.

Since 40s kits in GMK sets have been selling poorly lately, the 40% community has come up with a recommendation for designers to drop the 40s kit entirely, and instead add three keys to the base kit, which enable basic 40s support. These three keys are:
  • R2 1.75u Backspace
  • R3 1.25u Tab
  • R3 1.5u Enter
By adding these to your base kit, you provide physical compatibility for the majority of popular staggered 40% boards. However, ortho boards aren't covered by this. It's your call what you want to do here, but keep in mind that a large number of recently ran GMK sets have had to cancel their 40s kits and refund the customers, which is a pain in the butt for everyone involved.

One more set of suggestions, this time regarding the spacebars kit:
  • remove second 1c space — Two 1u spaces aren't useful outside of ortho, and since ortho support is in the 40s kit, the second one can be removed from the spacebars kit.
  • add 1.25c space — This size is very useful for Alice-like boards (2–1.25), as well as standard split 6.25u space configurations (2.75–1.25–2.25 or 2.25–1.25–2.75).
  • optionally, add two 3c spaces — This is for various boards that use 3u space, as well as for standard split 7u space configurations (3–1–3).

Edit: formatting
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 10:00:04 by konstantin »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 12:59:14 »
I dont know if I'm interested in the gradient, good theme I Guess
and better kitting than most other people in this IC forum
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline sp.people

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 02:33:29 »
(07/12/2020)
- Added America Vendor
- GB schedule confirmed. (Will run from 12th January 2021)

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 04:57:37 »
R4 1.25Shift should kinda trending to be paired with "<>" not "\|"
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2020, 05:14:50 by VellFlamm »