Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 873114 times)

Offline reverkiller

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #800 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 08:45:56 »
Oh man, so FTL is addicting as hell. RIP productivity.
IKR, hope they add more updates to the game in the future to keep it fresh. Heard there were some good mods, might have to try some out.

I've been describing it to my friends as "Playing Firefly"

I think there is a mod WHERE YOU CAN PLAY FIREFLY
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #801 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:48:01 »
Anybody else play Cortex Command? I used to love it as a time waster but it's got to the point where they brought the view in too close (can't see much of the screen) and made the AI unfairly hard (They'll shoot you before you see them, it used to be the opposite) and it turned from a shoot-em-up time waster to a frustration simulator.

It's still a fantastic concept and game, however. At one point I had a mod for the T1000 Terminator (basically unkillable) with a medium range shotgun. SO fun walking through custom made levels blasting hovercraft out of the sky and watching them crash and explode into a fireball, throwing parts across the map.

I should actually check if I can get prior builds of the game to install, I'd love to go back to that, despite that it's a "lesser" build of the game.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 16:05:29 »
Oh man, so FTL is addicting as hell. RIP productivity.
IKR, hope they add more updates to the game in the future to keep it fresh. Heard there were some good mods, might have to try some out.

I've been describing it to my friends as "Playing Firefly"

I think there is a mod WHERE YOU CAN PLAY FIREFLY
FIREFLY!!!!
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 02:56:14 »
I've been waiting for IPY3 to go live.  Just killing time until then at this point.  Love Ultima Online and played on the first free In Por Ylem shard.  The guy that runs them Az usually does a great job.  So in the mean time I have been playing Path of Exile (open beta starts Jan. 23) and Blacklight Retribution.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #804 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:05:57 »
Recently got a Borderlands 2 code for free from one of my MMO guildies and playing BL2 now :)
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #805 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:21:19 »
Recently got a Borderlands 2 code for free from one of my MMO guildies and playing BL2 now :)
If you are looking to play with friends, check out this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38802.msg753467#msg753467
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #806 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:26:22 »
i was thinking about guild wars 2, maybe a mild mmo again? but the digital amazon download is 60bucks and the retail copy is 52bucks... wth!

SRSLY! I wish they would drop the digital download to $45, then I would immediately buy it. Guild Wars II looks so fanceh, and I have a 660 Ti, which would run it quite well methinks.

Guild Wars 2 was fun for me while leveling.  But once I hit max level and created the best set of armor/weps it got very boring.  I think once I hit max level I went and did WvW for a couple days and destroyed people, then got bored with it.  Structured PvP was fun for a while, but I burned out on that as well.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #807 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 18:37:32 »
Watched Day9's Day off w/ FTL last night. Now I want to try that game. Oh wait, I'm broke, and I really really want an ErgoDox. OK, maybe another time.

Anyway, I've installed the original Starcraft on my box... but I can't beat even the stupid AI yet.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #808 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 05:58:15 »
Watched Day9's Day off w/ FTL last night. Now I want to try that game. Oh wait, I'm broke, and I really really want an ErgoDox. OK, maybe another time.

Anyway, I've installed the original Starcraft on my box... but I can't beat even the stupid AI yet.
Then again, FTL is only $10, slightly less if you buy it when it's on sale on Steam. If you buy it from the humblebundle store you pay in dollars, so no $->€ trickery, and you get a Steam key.

i was thinking about guild wars 2, maybe a mild mmo again? but the digital amazon download is 60bucks and the retail copy is 52bucks... wth!

SRSLY! I wish they would drop the digital download to $45, then I would immediately buy it. Guild Wars II looks so fanceh, and I have a 660 Ti, which would run it quite well methinks.

Guild Wars 2 was fun for me while leveling.  But once I hit max level and created the best set of armor/weps it got very boring.  I think once I hit max level I went and did WvW for a couple days and destroyed people, then got bored with it.  Structured PvP was fun for a while, but I burned out on that as well.
I've had a couple of months break from GW2, I gave up when the people I played with left and the only exploration left was WvWvW areas. Now people have started playing again, so I've started as well and it's pretty fun to be playing again. I don't really like the fact that there's not much to actually do once you hit 80 apart from keep grinding the same stuff you've been doing so far. Yes, there's cool armours and weapons to go for, but they all require too much grinding and crap to be worth the effort. I much prefer the old GW, although nobody plays that anymore so I'm rarely on these days.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #809 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 06:12:08 »

Then again, FTL is only $10, slightly less if you buy it when it's on sale on Steam. If you buy it from the humblebundle store you pay in dollars, so no $->€ trickery, and you get a Steam key.

Was FTL on Humble Bundle? Or am I missing something?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #810 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 08:29:49 »

Was FTL on Humble Bundle? Or am I missing something?
If you go on their website you can buy it directly, and they use the humble store. There's no humble storefront, but they handle purchases for a few indie games outside of the bundles.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #811 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 09:30:32 »
I see, thanks.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #812 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 03:53:50 »
I replayed F.E.A.R. during my holidays.  The the Extraction Point mod during the last weekend.  Now Perseus Mandate.

Some of the offices look like cool places to work.  A cube farm, or a room with a view.  Although most of the maintenance corridors seem to be very, very long, with a small door at each end, and lots of big machinery in the middle o.O
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dohboi

« Reply #813 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 07:19:47 »
Just started playing CS:GO, and slowly starting to get the hang of it. I'm WAYYYY too used to the CoD playing style right now. I have a long way to adjust to the way CS is played. I can walk into a room with 4 people camping in it and kill them all like in CoD. :(

Well, I'm still learning new tricks everyday. P250 > Tec9 during pistol/ecos! :p

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #814 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 07:26:43 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #815 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 17:14:39 »
Contemplating getting Natural Selection 2, roommate has stayed up until 8am every day this week playing it :eek:

Offline Champloo

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:18:03 »
Terraria is on sale for 2 bucks and some change and I just so happen to have that much in my Steam wallet, has anyone played it or should I hold off for another sale on another day.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #817 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:23:03 »
Terraria is on sale for 2 bucks and some change and I just so happen to have that much in my Steam wallet, has anyone played it or should I hold off for another sale on another day.
It is a great game, one of the best I have ever played to be honest. And it really saddened me when the creator announced he wouldn't be holding any future updates do to the birth of his new baby, understandable, but sad.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Champloo

« Reply #818 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:27:56 »
It is a great game, one of the best I have ever played to be honest. And it really saddened me when the creator announced he wouldn't be holding any future updates do to the birth of his new baby, understandable, but sad.

Well, that's all the endorsement I needed, sounds like a great buy for the sale price.  Thanks!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #819 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:35:09 »

Well, that's all the endorsement I needed, sounds like a great buy for the sale price.  Thanks!
NP, and it's also a boat-load of fun to play with friends, used to host my own server and such.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #820 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:42:47 »
Been playing 10,000,000 on my phone, but it is also available on Steam.  Great way to kill some time.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #821 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:50:05 »
Terraria is excellent, so many hours wasted on that game lol

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #822 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:55:28 »
Yup. I'll be down to play - PM me for my steam name and we can get a server going (pacific standard time please.) You need Hamachi (VPN client) to connect to online servers though, so be sure to have it installed first. I use LogMeIn Hamachi.

Terraria is one of my top 10 favorite games of all time - but I CAN'T WAIT for Starbound to come out :)
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #823 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 19:57:36 »
Yes Starbound looks awesome, Space Terraria FTW lol

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #824 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:15:09 »
Yup. I'll be down to play - PM me for my steam name and we can get a server going (pacific standard time please.) You need Hamachi (VPN client) to connect to online servers though, so be sure to have it installed first. I use LogMeIn Hamachi.

Terraria is one of my top 10 favorite games of all time - but I CAN'T WAIT for Starbound to come out :)
Yes Starbound looks awesome, Space Terraria FTW lol
Yeah I'm super stoked for StarBound as well.

By the way, you don't need Hamachi to play online servers, only if you are hosting without a port-forward.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #825 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:20:15 »
True. The average user doesn't have time to do port forwarding though. It's just easy and secure to use a VPN.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #826 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:23:07 »
I have my computer set to DMZ so all my ports are forwarded but filtered by my internet security software.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #827 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:35:56 »
True. The average user doesn't have time to do port forwarding though. It's just easy and secure to use a VPN.
True.

I have my computer set to DMZ so all my ports are forwarded but filtered by my internet security software.
Easy Fix; just go into your firewall and unblock.
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #828 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:37:43 »
Yep, sorry if it sounded like a problem razor, haha merely just stating I am not completely open to nasties.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
« Reply #829 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:41:25 »
Oh ahaha np, just trying to help ^_^
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #830 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 20:43:31 »
Yeah thanks for that  ;D a helpful attitude is always a good thing.

Offline yester64

« Reply #831 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:27:32 »
Does anyone play nethack?
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline dohboi

« Reply #832 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:28:22 »
Just got my first ace in CS! ;D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #833 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:31:24 »
Anyone trying out the Path of Exile open Beta today? Played for about half an hour, and I gotta say, I think I like it more than D3. Although the map is a bit annoying. Talent system looks crazy, and I love the way flasks and gems work.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #834 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:38:29 »
Oh I forgot that was starting today, awesome!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #835 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:40:56 »

Im a witch named Topre! lawl

On another note, took me quite awhile to download it. Over 5 gigs, and I feel like it must have been getting data from New Zealand at the speeds I was going at.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #836 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:42:27 »

Used to, and rogue, and Moria.

Many a lunch time I spent with a bucket of chips, a can of Coke and a game of Moria :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #837 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:47:11 »

On another note, took me quite awhile to download it. Over 5 gigs, and I feel like it must have been getting data from New Zealand at the speeds I was going at.

Sweet when it is eventually downloaded I will add you haha

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #838 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:50:41 »

Sweet when it is eventually downloaded I will add you haha

As I was playing, I was wondering if there was even group play..I didn't read much about it. Gotta tell my roommate to download it, in hopes it's not as repetitive as D3. Then again, do I want to spend hours on the beta, when I could save myself for the real deal? hmmmm so many thoughts.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #839 on: Wed, 23 January 2013, 22:55:27 »
Path of Exile went Open Beta today! If you were disappointed by Diablo 3, THIS IS YOUR GAME.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #840 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 00:20:59 »
Path of Exile went Open Beta today! If you were disappointed by Diablo 3, THIS IS YOUR GAME.
Yeah, i got the beta key a while ago from a buddy who bought the 100 dollar pack. Its a great game all around, but the skill tree makes me annoyed sometimes. I imagine there will be a very hardcore subgroup of players for this game for some time to come.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #841 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 01:48:19 »
Yeah, i got the beta key a while ago from a buddy who bought the 100 dollar pack. Its a great game all around, but the skill tree makes me annoyed sometimes. I imagine there will be a very hardcore subgroup of players for this game for some time to come.

Dat skill tree tho

Offline link_tree

« Reply #842 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 07:34:31 »
Path of exile looks like a very promising game. too bad diablo 3 couldn't live up to the expectations. maybe one day...

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #843 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 12:43:17 »
So Hotline Miami is 50% off on steam right now and i highly recommend you all buy it if you dont already have it. This game is way better than any 10 dollar game should ever be.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #844 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 16:01:44 »
I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile recently as well.  It is a great free game.  Also there is no pay to win in this game as the cash options are only things like increased stash tabs and cosmetics.  PoE does a lot of things right and I really enjoy it.  Did I mention it is free? 

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #845 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 16:13:08 »
So Hotline Miami is 50% off on steam right now and i highly recommend you all buy it if you dont already have it. This game is way better than any 10 dollar game should ever be.

yeah i just got the album from steam, its so good... its probally the best game I've ever hated.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #846 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 16:17:33 »
Contemplating getting Natural Selection 2, roommate has stayed up until 8am every day this week playing it :eek:

It's good but can be very difficult getting the hang of wallrunning as the aliens as ****ing everything seems to get into your way. I assume if you were really good at it, you could make it look awesome jumping from wall to wall.

The marine faction is typical FPS shootemup, but the aliens are pretty cool.

as far as RTS/FPS blends, I preferred Nuclear Dawn, but frickin nobody play(ed/s) that so.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline yester64

« Reply #847 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 19:36:35 »

Many a lunch time I spent with a bucket of chips, a can of Coke and a game of Moria :)

Ah, remember Moria. I try myself on Nethack right now. Not sure why i always ignored it, but i did. I have a little problem with my pet. Last time i killed my cat for some reason.

Offline yester64

« Reply #848 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 19:37:57 »

I forgot to add what i actually was intending to write which is that you can have a look at Brogue. Really nice and colorful. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #849 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 05:25:17 »
Brogue looks interesting - haven't heard of that one before.

Back in the day I wrote my own roguelike.  It was fun - actually the most fun part, apart from playing it, was writing and optimising the level generator.