Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872480 times)

Offline laden3

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1000 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 00:17:20 »
Sifo, are you in one of the pro stacks or do you know any of the merlini/ jangsna people? IIRC there is/was a few Koreans playing on the higher level public matchmaking. Or what is your name on steam? XD I can remember most of the names of the good players that I encountered on pub games.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1001 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 00:29:14 »
SeleCT stack who sometimes plays with Merlini but I'm not very good and I'm sure he's busy practicing with his new team. Yeah I'd be playing with Koreans... honestly most of the time you'll see me idling in friend's lists.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2013, 00:36:10 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1002 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 00:36:39 »
It's all about League of Legends.

I tried the Arma 3 demo.. I need to get a better computer. Need moar frames per second -_-
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1003 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 00:53:50 »
LoL - come on the the name of the game already indicates it's a joke. Nah I'm not gonna bash it here I've played it it's fun, just boring (yes, that does make sense), and competitive scene sucks. Also I get a major headache playing it.

I want ArmA III
I love Elzy

Offline evolyn

« Reply #1004 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 05:55:18 »
Sc2 / LoL i quit few weeks ago.
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #1005 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 10:45:10 »
LoL - come on the the name of the game already indicates it's a joke. Nah I'm not gonna bash it here I've played it it's fun, just boring (yes, that does make sense), and competitive scene sucks. Also I get a major headache playing it.

I want ArmA III

i don't wanna create polemics, but seriously ? competitive scene sucks ?
home-made TKL rubber dome keyboard !

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1006 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 12:58:54 »
I know what Sifo means;

15253-0

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1007 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 15:04:44 »
i don't wanna create polemics, but seriously ? competitive scene sucks ?

Take a step back and look at how stale it is, without comparing it to anything else. I don't care about how many people like it good on them, that's irrelevant to how good it is as a competitive game. Literally the SAME **** happens every game, but apparently that's what people like. Everyone has a set role, uses the same summoner spells, and participate in the same predictable big team fights in the few locations on the map. It's not exciting, you know what's going to happen. The skill cap is so low, and if you have enough understanding of the so called "metagame" in LoL, it hasn't changed since 2011. In something like LoL where there's low mechanics involve, the strategy has to be way more in depth than it currently is... I feel like I'm playing bots when I beat other people. And I never bothered to mindlessly grind to 30 in that **** JUST to play ranked, and buy runes and masteries and all that bull****. I played on a friend's account for 5 man ranked and it was okay.

tl;dr I enjoyed playing it for a bit with friends. I can't watch it because it's like watching a bad film I've already seen before. If you like watching it, good on you. Their competitive scene is doing the best so far in growth and they've reached their peak. But really, it's terrible.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2013, 15:12:09 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1008 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 15:51:38 »
Now I'm interested in how different Dota is. I'm already pro at LoL though >_>

Offline kealokian

« Reply #1009 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 22:08:56 »
It's all about League of Legends.

I tried the Arma 3 demo.. I need to get a better computer. Need moar frames per second -_-

Yeah, I'm hoping Arma 3 gets better optimized as it progressed through development.
It's totally reasonable for it to happen, the game is still in alpha, afterall.

Although, I can't say that Arma II felt like the most refined game ever, haha.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1010 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 08:40:46 »
Now I'm interested in how different Dota is. I'm already pro at LoL though >_>
Dota is like a harder version of league. I say this because, for example, the towers do much less damage. If you wanted you could dive a tier 1 at level one and probably survive. Because of this you need to be much more careful. Also, a single action, death or teamfight can decide which team wins - it takes a lot less to tip the balance of the game. I could tell you all the differences but it'd take a long time.. Oh and to me it seems like a much better made game, but that's just my opinion.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Harryboii

« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 12:09:13 »
league of legends, l4d, tf2, and css have been my go to games for whenever i'm bored and have spare time.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 13:24:43 »
DOTA2 takes too much consistency and commitment to be any fun. And so may of the players are total elitist arseholes, but nowhere near as bad as the players on HoN. League you can just pick up and play and have fun, I feel like DOTA takes itself too seriously. DOTA is however more perfected then LoL in terms of balance and mechanics.

Offline Deviruki

• Devil's Advocate
« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 14:43:54 »
I've played just about every MMO out there, with the exception of WoW (I just can't...).

To me, there aren't any "good" MMO's out right now, and that sucks.

The one I've played for the longest time (on/off) was Ragnarok Online. So much nostalgia.

I've been told by friends to play LoL, but I just can't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
| Ducky Shine 3 MX Reds |

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 14:54:16 »
lets see.  lately I really like video games. in the last 3 weeks I have plaued:

Sim City (2013)
Starcraft 2
Dota 2
Xcom: Enemy Unknown
LA Noire
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Mark of the Ninja

all games are played on PC. many games played with 360 controller connected to my PC. depends on the game of course. out of these games Dota 2 is played the most.

I am 29 years young for reference.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2013, 14:56:01 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 15:01:18 »
DOTA2 takes too much consistency and commitment to be any fun. And so may of the players are total elitist arseholes, but nowhere near as bad as the players on HoN. League you can just pick up and play and have fun, I feel like DOTA takes itself too seriously. DOTA is however more perfected then LoL in terms of balance and mechanics.
I do agree that a lot of dota players are extremely elitist.. extremely, EXTREMELY elitist. I think it, like a lot of things, is entirely a matter of opinion. Some people are gonna prefer league, some are gonna prefer dota. Both games have their + and - points and it's your choice which you like the most. However, I don't think dota is too serious.. I think you just need to concentrate more. I think it's a more competitive game when it comes to actual competitive events, but when it comes to public play almost everyone just wants to have fun. Unlike league you really do have to pay attention in order to not get ganked etc which probably puts some people off..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1016 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 16:33:36 »

That's because DOTA is harder than LoL. Not by a lot but you actually have to get kills to get golds and build up your character etc. In LoL you just stand near the guy getting killed for gold, and you can pick your perks before the game starts.

That being said, I stopped playing DOTA after about a month. I hit level 10 and got on a 12 loss cold streak. The balance BADLY needs to be tweaked. Valve is ****ting out a new hero every 2 weeks and the real issues seem to be getting somewhat ignored (there are patches but they're always really mild, like a .02 second decrease of a skill that lasts 12 seconds or some crap.)

I've seen (and been) both sides of the coin here. when I was brand new to the game I didn't really get that you should play some bot matches and get a feel for the game so I jumped right in to PVP online as nyx and got totally whomped. Like 2 or 3 guys were yelling at me, and I was like "sorry it's my first game. One other guy calmly explained some pointers in about my 3rd game and it helped a lot.

Played a game near the end where I said "I've been on a losing streak, hopefully we can turn it around" and one guy on my team was like "lol doubt it, i'm ****in' stoned."

about 3/4 through the round we were playing and another guy said "Oh, I thought we were trolling, I haven't even bought any items yet"

Spent the last quarter of the match buying couriers and running them around the fountain. Good times.

I think a big reason why everybody is so serious about winning on DOTA is that not only does it log those stats, it jams them right in your face at every chance it gets. Showing you replays and W/L ratio and how good you are compared to other people with the same heroes. . . makes it very hard to be casual.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2013, 16:35:22 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline evolyn

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 16:38:03 »
gooo heart of the swarm its soo cool.
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline Daze

« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 19:11:12 »
I play Arma 2/Arma 3 very often currently, I sometimes play Battlefield 3, Counter Strike, DCS A-10C, League of Legends, GTA IV, Minecraft and more. It changes though, for example about a year ago I would play Battlefield 3 religiously and about 6 months ago all I played were flight simulators.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #1019 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 00:33:12 »
I do agree that a lot of dota players are extremely elitist.. extremely, EXTREMELY elitist. I think it, like a lot of things, is entirely a matter of opinion. Some people are gonna prefer league, some are gonna prefer dota. Both games have their + and - points and it's your choice which you like the most. However, I don't think dota is too serious.. I think you just need to concentrate more. I think it's a more competitive game when it comes to actual competitive events, but when it comes to public play almost everyone just wants to have fun. Unlike league you really do have to pay attention in order to not get ganked etc which probably puts some people off..

ok i have put about 200 hours into dota 2.  people are nice if you are nice. if you are a jerk people will freak the **** out and be total d bags.  in dota communication is key. teams must work together to win. so if people are mad at each other they dont talk, then they lose, then they get really mad because you spend 30 minutes losing. they get nasty. LoL and HoN are like this as well. it is the nature of all MOBA games. however, many people have told me that comebacks in matches are much more common in DOTA 2 than LoL and HoN. this is key.

i just try to not die and kill people when they act stupid, and holy **** is dota fun when you get a good game going. when teams are about even and large team battles get going it is so much fun. plus, the game is run by valve and they run that **** flawlessly. they have cool promotions, add heroes all the time, and unlike LOL everyone gets to play all the heroes for free(I dont know **** about HoN, but who plays that anyway amirite?) if everyone is on the same playing field the game is balanced differently. dota is balanced very well in my opinion. it is actually astonishing how well the game is balanced when you think about how many heroes there are. 5v5.

also @Internetlad i never played against bots, and i still havent. i think everyone should just jump into dota and starcraft like games. multiplayer is the most fun but you cant learn to beat a human beating a computer (at least not in starcraft). the first time i played dota 2 i got completely owned. i competed in a few matches, got yelled at and lost a lot. i died all the time. after that i didnt play again for a few months. i started playing again and it caught that time. i knew what to expect i guess. i found my groove with my first hero (windrunner), started dominating, and kept learning. it is a really fun game and MOBAs are like no other multiplayer game that i can think of. i am just saying give it another try. it might stick this time.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2013, 00:39:29 by tricheboars »
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1020 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 01:00:50 »
you cant learn to beat a human beating a computer (at least not in starcraft)

False, it's easier in StarCraft, you can get to Gold from pure mechanics, which you can learn and practice much easier through bots.
I love Elzy

Offline WarNutts

« Reply #1021 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 05:45:54 »
HotS, LoL, always gotta have CS on the comp as well :)

can't wait for DayZ though so hyped!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 10:22:25 »
ok i have put about 200 hours into dota 2.  people are nice if you are nice. if you are a jerk people will freak the **** out and be total d bags.

the first time i played dota 2 i got completely owned. i competed in a few matches, got yelled at and lost a lot.

wat

I still have quite a few friends who play it. I feel as though I have skill with Visage, Sand King (The hardest part is not getting killed when you ultimate) and Clockwerk, as well as a handful of others.

I'll probably reinstall some day. A lot of my friends still play it.

But not today.

HotS, LoL, always gotta have CS on the comp as well :)

can't wait for DayZ though so hyped!

DayZ got boring for me. Run all the way over here, find a gun, run all the way over there, hide in a bush for 20 minutes, run all the way back because you see a guy with a better gun than you.

It's a lot of fun if you can co-ordinate a group of ~4+ guys to get on and watch each other's backs, but if you're lone wolfing it gets old quick.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2013, 10:24:25 by Internetlad »

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #1023 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 20:34:19 »
DayZ got boring for me. Run all the way over here, find a gun, run all the way over there, hide in a bush for 20 minutes, run all the way back because you see a guy with a better gun than you.

It's a lot of fun if you can co-ordinate a group of ~4+ guys to get on and watch each other's backs, but if you're lone wolfing it gets old quick.

Dayz's fun heavily depends on the server population. Having a server with 1-3 clans makes it far more interesting as they are mostly bandits in which I will make it my job to track them and eliminate them. Extremely fun and nerve-wrecking when fighting with a group 3-5 players especially when they are well-gear.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 13 March 2013, 23:53:00 »
DayZ is a tricky pony. I like to call it the best worst game I've ever played. The conceptual execution, UI, controls, basically all the core game play and mechanics  all are just horribly bad. What really makes it great though is the story(if you can call it as such) that each individual incurs, which is incredible. The situations of desperation players create or find themselves I've not seen the like in any other game really. EVE online perhaps. You can't really play DZ well, just learn from past mistakes. The game wouldn't be the same if it were well polished I think, it's like having a permanant handicap which is what makes it worth playing. If everything ran smoothly it would just be another zombie killing survival game.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1025 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:47:58 »
I always tried to make friends with people, and would get shot in the back of the head.

Basically, I don't think i'd inhabit a postapocalyptic wasteland for long.

Offline WarNutts

« Reply #1026 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 01:17:27 »
Hackers really ruin it for DayZ I really hope they can fix this with their standalone game.  Yeah and lone wolfing can get frustrating at times just recruit some buddies :)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1027 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 18:11:21 »
after all my whining about it, looks like i'm getting back into DayZ, lol. I'll see how that turns out. Ironically the owner of a minecraft server is the one pulling me back in, he seems big into it, so i'll probably start out with decent gear and a leg-up. Playing with a team on TS3 is more fun anyways.

Offline Atakp

What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1028 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 18:41:56 »
My personal rule was to never trust anyone in DayZ that I didn't actually know  in real life. I wouldn't necessarily kill on sight, but I wouldn't hesitate at the smallest sign if aggression. I played with a group of 4 guys I was in the Marine Corps with. We all served in Iraq a couple times together and we did amazingly well. It was fun for us to apply real world tactics against a much larger uncoordinated group of players.

I hope the standalone version can live up to the hype.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #1029 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 18:58:22 »
Just bought Bastion from this weeks Humble Bundle. Watched a friend play it once last Summer and it looked really good, finally gonna play it!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1030 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 20:31:14 »
Just bought Bastion from this weeks Humble Bundle. Watched a friend play it once last Summer and it looked really good, finally gonna play it!

It's a lot of fun for as simple of a game as it is. 

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1031 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 05:07:39 »
Oh man you can get a Bastion bandana. I might have to buy Bastion again, even though I've already bought it at least twice I think.

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 09:57:50 »
My personal rule was to never trust anyone in DayZ that I didn't actually know  in real life. I wouldn't necessarily kill on sight, but I wouldn't hesitate at the smallest sign if aggression. I played with a group of 4 guys I was in the Marine Corps with. We all served in Iraq a couple times together and we did amazingly well. It was fun for us to apply real world tactics against a much larger uncoordinated group of players.

I hope the standalone version can live up to the hype.

that sounds so fun to do

Offline Atakp

What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 11:17:21 »

that sounds so fun to do

It was fun while it lasted...until the scripters/hackers got completely out of control. Granted, there were plenty of people that were just straight up better at the game than us but the challenge was even better. The takistan life mission for arma2 was pretty fun as well.

Offline poopmat

« Reply #1034 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:23:45 »

that sounds so fun to do

It was fun while it lasted...until the scripters/hackers got completely out of control. Granted, there were plenty of people that were just straight up better at the game than us but the challenge was even better. The takistan life mission for arma2 was pretty fun as well.

i still play dayz, ive found that the private hive servers are relatively hacker free.
right now im playing taviana and its alot of fun
its really the most original concept in gaming in quite a while and im quite eager for the standalone
also arma 3 alpha is showing alot of promise
i guess im just getting a bit bored with the formulaic nature of most modern fps COD and Bf3
i still love mindless twitch gaming but tend to lose interest in 10-20 min and i find the endless grind for unlocks tedious

id rather run for hours and get one kill that matters than 25 kills that were easy and mindless

also some buddies and i backed this
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roam/roam
it really looks good

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:31:29 by poopmat »
REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline Henkers

• Youtube
« Reply #1035 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 14:21:05 »
Starcraft 2
Dota 2
LoL

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #1036 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 16:30:48 »
upgrade from my previous post here :

-hotline miami & Tf2 first ( i suck at tf2 )

- LoL, quite less than before

- planetside 2, but sadly my computer doesn't run it smoothly at all

-Arma 3 lite dowbloading atm

- started a new portal 2 game

-Looking forward to a good WC3 style game ( one unit, solo campaign )

- and finally, still looking for proteus and antichamber keys , if someone wants to help a poor poor guy :D (jk)

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #1037 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:05:25 »
LoL
PS2
PoE
Civ5
TW Shogun2

Cannot wait for AoK to hit Steam next month, by far my favorite game in history.
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #1038 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:10:47 »
LoL
PS2
PoE
Civ5
TW Shogun2

Cannot wait for AoK to hit Steam next month, by far my favorite game in history.
waht do you mean by AoK ?

age of empires : age of kings ?

and PS2 and PoE ?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1039 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:16:49 »
LoL
PS2
PoE
Civ5
TW Shogun2

and PS2 and PoE ?
Planetside 2 and Path of Exile?

Offline ishumprod

« Reply #1040 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 17:33:07 »
LoL
PS2
PoE
Civ5
TW Shogun2

and PS2 and PoE ?
Planetside 2 and Path of Exile?

oh, ok :)

Offline Neal

« Reply #1041 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 15:16:58 »
Quit this little game called 'Runescape' a few months ago, when a certain update came out that destroyed the game or what I liked about it.
Now I have so much time ti actually play other games, got a huge steam library and have been enjoying every moment since.
Never ever am I going back to MMO's they just take too many years out of your life and restricting yourself to 1 game is silly. :/

Just finished Tomb Raider, and will be starting Bioshock Infinite when it releases. Single player games can be amazing, holy crap. O_O

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1042 on: Mon, 25 March 2013, 15:45:05 »
Recently I've been powering through Mass Effect, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 2 and now started on Mass Effect 3.
Whenever I want to play something that's just mindless fun for a couple of minutes I'll still stick to TF2, Tribes: Ascend and Blacklight: Retribution.

Offline laden3

« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 03:54:05 »
Quit this little game called 'Runescape' a few months ago, when a certain update came out that destroyed the game or what I liked about it.

^ dat evolution. I really wished that they will make a newer version of it with a better game engine.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2013, 03:56:20 by laden3 »
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 04:42:46 »
I used to play runescape. I got two accounts (character level 70 to 80ish) banned for macroing though lol.

in other news..... Star Conflict. ZAG (Zombie Apocalypse Gaming) Hit us up ;)

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 21:50:02 »
Anyone play X3? I just bought X3 Terran Conflict and it's such a great game. I have to force myself to stop so I can sleep at night  :)) pretty rare for a game to do that to me nowadays!

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 04:11:53 »
cs:go

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 05:19:04 »
Recently got Don't Starve which is awesome and everyone should check it out :D

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 10:02:35 »
Cart Life has been holding me lately. Good for 30 minute-1 hour gaming sessions (it's a pretty thin game but it keeps drawing you back in.)

the base game is free too, but all the versions are crazy buggy.

http://www.richardhofmeier.com/cartlife/

Offline Joxx

« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 05:38:43 »
I've been playing SC2 and Heroes of Newerth (can't stand dota2 or lol =/)
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!