Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 871496 times)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #1150 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 05:11:35 »
I didn't know people still played D3

LOL!

I was so excited when I got that, same with GW2.

I haven't played either in months, I just stick with my f2p now.
I was also fairly disappointed in both, but the fact that they weren't as good as they could've been doesn't make them bad games, although I've had several month-long breaks from both games.

Offline Joxx

« Reply #1151 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 05:38:51 »
Well, for Diablo, a lot of people had a really high expectations from Blizzard. But GW2, I understand its not a huge company like Blizzard but to not release actual content for months is just ridiculous for a MMO, especially when the content that exist is really small in terms of quantity>
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1152 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 06:20:14 »
Well, for Diablo, a lot of people had a really high expectations from Blizzard. But GW2, I understand its not a huge company like Blizzard but to not release actual content for months is just ridiculous for a MMO, especially when the content that exist is really small in terms of quantity>
This never really bothered me, because I came from the original GW which didn't get like new dungeons and major stuff added regularly, it was 3 campaigns and one expansion over the course of about 7 years, and while they did add quite a bit of new content outside of that, it wasn't on the scale people probably expect from WoW, so I don't really have a problem with the lack of new content. Although I could probably write an essay about all the other problems I have with GW2, being a big fan of the original.

D3 also has it's fair share of problems, and coming from D2 my expectations were pretty high for D3 as well, so it was a huge letdown when it was finally released. Still, it's a fun game and I don't regret buying the CE at all.

Offline Joxx

« Reply #1153 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 07:17:21 »
Well, I have never played GW but I had friends that played GW and they were really disappointed with GW2. On top of that, they said that the pvp system was far more interesting in GW than in GW2. I have been on JQ for a long time and when they locked the transfers delay to once per months, my server got super over populated which resulted on a dominance in the WvW, it got really boring.
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #1154 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 11:18:16 »
I just picked up a SNES, anyone have any recommendations on some must play games? Preferably ones I can actually obtain for reasonable prices haha.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1155 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 11:22:27 »
I want to get into SC2...i used to play some RTS games..Might pick that up soon

Dude let me know if you wanna start multiplayer - I'm kind of on the beginner side and barely started. Let's do some 2v2. I'm "Lazerpointer" ingame

Just went through the Heart of the Swarm - pretty legit.

I'll let you know when i pick up the game. should be fun :D

Offline tauburn

« Reply #1156 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:01:41 »
I just picked up a SNES, anyone have any recommendations on some must play games? Preferably ones I can actually obtain for reasonable prices haha.

Link to the Past, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Chrono Trigger (sortof considered rare but not really that expensive), any Final Fantasy..

Offline csloan1218

• Technomancer
« Reply #1157 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:03:43 »

Act rasier, any final fantasy, street fighters, mortal combats, that's all I can think of.

Edit: lol tauburn
Ducky DK9008 Shine II Blue LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX)
Leopold Linear Touch FC500RR/AB (Red Cherry MX)

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #1158 on: Sun, 05 May 2013, 12:10:57 »

Super Metroid, Contra III, Demon's Crest, Zombies Ate my Neighbors, and everything mentioned above!

Offline frenchie4111

« Reply #1159 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 15:56:55 »

Super Metroid, Contra III, Demon's Crest, Zombies Ate my Neighbors, and everything mentioned above!

Also Megaman X

Filco MJ2 TKL

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1160 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:03:36 »
thanks to the recent steam sale, i'm wading through the star wars games. KOTOR (1) is kind of buggy on windows 7, but considering it was made for 98 and 2000, its pretty incredible it runs at all. Battlefield 2 isn't nearly as bad a port as some people would have you believe, and Jedi Academy, although tedious, is pretty close to what I remember it being.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1161 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:16:24 »
Super Metroid, Sunset Riders, Yoshi's Island, Super Castlevania 4, Kirby All Stars, Turtles in Time: Hyperstone Heist, Megaman X, Final Fantasy III(expensive) Chrono Trigger(also expensive)

Oh the memories. I'm gonna go fire up Castlevania right now!
edit: Also don't forget Donkey Kong Country(I like 2 best,) Super Mario World, and Super Mario All Stars. All quintessential SNES games.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:20:03 by noisyturtle »

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1162 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:23:08 »
speaking of old game prices, it's pretty amazing that the price for a used copy of Super Smash Bros. is nearly the same price as what you would have payed for a NIB copy when it was released lol.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #1163 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:19:49 »
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Anyone want to lend me some money  :p right now it's looking like I can buy... Mortal Kombat 3. Hahaha

Edit: anyone ever try one of these? I was looking to get one for my N64 since my roommates friends stole all my games, apparently there is an SNES version as well. Not really in stock anywhere at the moment though..
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:23:29 by BoxWithADot »

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1164 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:55:11 »
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Show Image

Anyone want to lend me some money  :p right now it's looking like I can buy... Mortal Kombat 3. Hahaha

Edit: anyone ever try one of these? I was looking to get one for my N64 since my roommates friends stole all my games, apparently there is an SNES version as well. Not really in stock anywhere at the moment though..

I remember seeing a review for the N64 version of the Everdrive, and the guy seemed pretty happy with it. IDK though, since I don't have an SNES or an N64...

*braces himself*
More

R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1165 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 19:00:39 »
Your best bet is determination, patience, and Ebay. I snagged a copy of Chrono Trigger with the original box manual and inserts for $39.99 which is a total steal. Most of my other SNES games I bought from lots. You drop maybe $50-60 for a lot of a dozen or so games and there's always a couple gems in there, but now I have 4 copies of Super Mario World :p

Also, don't even mind Earthbound. It's a great game but gaming hipsters have put it on this pedestal like it's the best thing ever and thus warped the going price of a common game to ridiculous standards. If you wanna play it, do it on an emulator and don't let those greedy bastards perpetuate that inflated price.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 19:04:14 by noisyturtle »

Offline tauburn

« Reply #1166 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 21:54:14 »
every decent snes game is pretty expensive. you might as well just emulate and get a usb snes controller.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #1167 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 21:54:49 »
Your best bet is determination, patience, and Ebay. I snagged a copy of Chrono Trigger with the original box manual and inserts for $39.99 which is a total steal. Most of my other SNES games I bought from lots. You drop maybe $50-60 for a lot of a dozen or so games and there's always a couple gems in there, but now I have 4 copies of Super Mario World :p

Also, don't even mind Earthbound. It's a great game but gaming hipsters have put it on this pedestal like it's the best thing ever and thus warped the going price of a common game to ridiculous standards. If you wanna play it, do it on an emulator and don't let those greedy bastards perpetuate that inflated price.

i bought my cart for 80 and sold it for 190  :))

Offline tauburn

« Reply #1168 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 23:56:09 »
anyone else here played yume nikki?

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #1169 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 00:19:55 »
Starcraft 2 is my main game basically since it came out.

I will also regularly play Civ 5 and Battlefield 3.

I splash in some other random games and TF2 if enough of my friends get on.

:-)
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #1170 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 01:09:52 »

Haha I just went to that site and threw all the stuff in my cart to laugh at the price. I'm probably not gonna buy much from there, although their prices fluctuate a lot, so occasionally I've been able to snag a good deal. There is a local game store here that has a good selection of old games and they sell them really cheap compared to online stores. I just go there once every couple of weeks and look. I actually picked up Shaq-Fu the other day :p not a very good game, but at the same time, so very awesome. Do you find the lots on Ebay as well? I rarely use Ebay, so I don't really know.

every decent snes game is pretty expensive. you might as well just emulate and get a usb snes controller.

I love game cartridges though, don't really know why, there's just something awesome about them. And I'm pretty fond of Nintendo's systems, so I don't mind paying a little more to have the actual thing, even though emulation is so much more convenient. I actually might try finding another SNES for cheap and put a raspberry pi in it to use as an emulator. I saw a project where someone built an adapter to use the original controllers instead of USB ones with their rpi, so it might make for a pretty fun summer project.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2013, 01:21:31 by BoxWithADot »

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1171 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 10:46:22 »
I'd recommend, assuming you already own a controller, just getting the controller to usb adapter and using a program to map the keys. Much more efficient. In my experience the 3rd party controllers aren't worth the ticket price (I picked one up, and the responsiveness is nothing compared to a real SNES controller. You could splurge and get a high quality gamepad that isn't a Nintendo knockoff, or go all out and make your own with proper switches, but in the end spending 30 bucks on a Logitech 6 button pad is probably the best option.

Offline Flying4Pandas

« Reply #1172 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 11:14:15 »

I'm a huge Starcraft guy. Do you play on the NA servers?

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #1173 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 16:11:28 »

Yessir and the other ones if I have ladder anxiety, am drunk, or bored.

Add me :-) I'm pretty sure its Thurston.775 but will verify when home. (No zero in bnet name compared to gh name)
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #1174 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:30:16 »

Add me :-) I'm pretty sure its Thurston.775 but will verify when home. (No zero in bnet name compared to gh name)
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline Creizai

« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:43:06 »
SC2, CSGO, and New Vegas mainly for me
Learning coding and starting school has got me less and less wanting to play.  Really I want to create more than anything right now.  I'm starving to make my own content so I think I might get into modding in my free time. 

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 10:41:39 »
I preordered Sanctum 2 this weekend, can't wait to play it. :D Anyone else have it pre-ordered? I'd love a good game with keyboard pals.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 12:57:21 »
Been re-living one of my old favorite games, Deuce Ex: Invisible War (still crashes and kind of buggy, but still one of my favorite immersive  story lines ever, and awesome game play... Just have to quick save and quick load A Lot.)

Just occupying myself with that and LoL while I wait for Elder Scrolls Online, Starbound, and Star Citizen to be developed and released.

Edit;
If anybody wonders, I do have the new Deuce Ex (revolution?) but can't run it at a good frame rate on my computer and just am bored with the action-overload that is Revolution.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 12:59:16 by lazerpointer »
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1178 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 19:40:23 »
I'm quite fond of Mirror's Edge. It's like the best "demo" game ever. I like running, jumping around, listening to the relaxing music.  :p

Hope they make a more refined, complete sequel.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1179 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 19:54:39 »
I'm quite fond of Mirror's Edge. It's like the best "demo" game ever. I like running, jumping around, listening to the relaxing music.  :p

Hope they make a more refined, complete sequel.
And one of the worst PC control schemes next to Neverwinter Nights 2. The game has an incredible art direction though.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #1180 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 23:31:15 »
There's only a handful of buttons you use, besides WASD and Space (?)

I do love the design, lots of monochromes. The daytime rooftop stages are like a Piet Mondrian painting.  :)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1181 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 22:35:37 »

Just occupying myself with that and LoL while I wait for Elder Scrolls Online, Starbound, and Star Citizen to be developed and released.

Can't wait for Star Citizen, played all the Wing Commander's long ago.

Offline evolyn

« Reply #1182 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 08:46:57 »
hey i started d3 again and iam looking for someone who push me with itmes or some gold
we can do any trades or friendship just pm me and we can talk this :)

thx
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline Spokoman

« Reply #1183 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:13:30 »

I play on NA as well. What league are you in? I'm currently plat in 1v1. Didn't play and team games in HotS yet.
Ducky Shine II Blue LED Brown Switches
CM QF TK Red LED Red Switches

Offline Spokoman

« Reply #1184 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 09:14:58 »
hey i started d3 again and iam looking for someone who push me with itmes or some gold

thx
Seriously? Even after the whole gold duplication bug? I haven't played d3 since the release of SC2 HotS, but should have stopped playing sooner.
Ducky Shine II Blue LED Brown Switches
CM QF TK Red LED Red Switches

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1185 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 21:16:35 »
I'm playing the new Metro, it's a pretty sweet game.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #1186 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 23:31:26 »

thx
Seriously? Even after the whole gold duplication bug? I haven't played d3 since the release of SC2 HotS, but should have stopped playing sooner.

lol this

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 16:27:35 »

Still working my way through the original. One of the games that fall into the strange category of "I like it, but only for an hour at a time"

I could play STALKER all day long and not get bored, but Metro, despite being superior in many ways, just can't hold on to my attention. I think it's because I don't really enjoy playing it, as it's really a rather difficult game. The stealth sections especially, since if you get spotted once, it doesn't make you start over, but you have to shoot your way out despite overwhelming odds (it's usually like 10 on 1 and you're supposed to take them out one at a time), Plus it gives me a horrible sense of claustrophobia, even when you're outside the levels are completely linear, whereas with STALKER you just sort of did it however you wanted.

Maybe the problem is I expect it to BE  STALKER but it's not. Still a good game and well put together.

Been playing a LOT of KSP lately, just now working on docking and building a space station (Kerbal International Space Station, K.I.S.S.) but it can be a real pain as I don't understand the maneuver system, so I do it all by hand. I think I need to have another run through the tutorials (When I started playing, maneuvers weren't even in the game)

I think when I get home tonight, I'm gonna design and launch another space station and a few fighters. The video "Battle of Vulture's Drift" is really cool. I think the best part of KSP is seeing the work-arounds people come up with because you don't necessarily have the objects you want, so if you want a missile you have to figure out how to make one, etc.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 16:32:07 by Internetlad »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 18:16:58 »

Still working my way through the original. One of the games that fall into the strange category of "I like it, but only for an hour at a time"

I could play STALKER all day long and not get bored, but Metro, despite being superior in many ways, just can't hold on to my attention. I think it's because I don't really enjoy playing it, as it's really a rather difficult game. The stealth sections especially, since if you get spotted once, it doesn't make you start over, but you have to shoot your way out despite overwhelming odds (it's usually like 10 on 1 and you're supposed to take them out one at a time), Plus it gives me a horrible sense of claustrophobia, even when you're outside the levels are completely linear, whereas with STALKER you just sort of did it however you wanted.

Maybe the problem is I expect it to BE  STALKER but it's not. Still a good game and well put together.

It was the opposite for me. I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but I get tired of it pretty quickly, whereas I just finished Last Light yesterday (played through it in a little under a week).

The gameplay was really awesome, much better than 2033, and the atmosphere was just as good as 2033's. I didn't really like the story though, the romance with Anna felt really odd and I felt a lot more disconnected from everything than I did with 2033.

On an unrelated note, I made a Geekhack BF3 platoon if anyone wants to get together and play that sometime.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391991381496/

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:02:44 »
I've been working through the Hitman: Absolution campaign.  It's really been fantastic so far, they never disappointing with their creativity with the levels and this version has a pretty interesting story to go along with it.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:07:20 »
I've been working through the Hitman: Absolution campaign.  It's really been fantastic so far, they never disappointing with their creativity with the levels and this version has a pretty interesting story to go along with it.

Chinatown!!
Play that **** over and over and over

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:12:07 »

Chinatown!!
Play that **** over and over and over
The second level? Yeah, that was great. I think I ended up disguising myself as his drug dealer and poisoning his coffee or something.  I prefer to try and get the silent assassin rating most of the time.  I think once I beat the game on normal i'll go and try it on professional or even purist.  I can imagine those two really test how good you are, haha.

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #1192 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:08:34 »
Online: mainly HotS, League of Legends, a bit CSS gungame for fun
SP: atm GTA4, Dragon Age, will start to play Skyrim after I finished DA2 I guess.
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1193 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:26:06 »
Currently playing Mass Effect 1.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1194 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 10:26:32 »
I just did a dota :D
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1195 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 11:13:55 »

I was incredibly disappointed with how much easy mode they put into the game compared to Blood Money. The automatic headshot mode, the "I can see where people are walking" vision, too much HP on 47, he can eat like a whole clip and still have health to spare. I only played the first level thus far and I'll probably give it another go, but it seemed like they really went too far making it "accessible" (aka 12 year old CoD Xbox gamers who don't know **** about stealth games and think that shooting everything in the head with a sniper rifle is the way to go.)

Some of it is negligible, I know. You're never forced to use the "hitman autoshoot" mode or the "instinct vision" (whatever they're called), but they did the same thing with Ace Combat:AH, dumbed it down so the majority of idiots don't have to learn how to do it right. It's the principle of the thing.

Basically, this is what modern console gaming has become: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558712
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 11:18:41 by Internetlad »

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 11:17:09 »
Trying to replay Metro 2033 on Hardcore Ranger mode before starting Last Light, won't be able to play much of it over the next month or so due to exams but after that hopefully I'll manage it :)
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1197 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:15:25 »

Been playing a LOT of KSP lately, just now working on docking and building a space station (Kerbal International Space Station, K.I.S.S.) but it can be a real pain as I don't understand the maneuver system, so I do it all by hand. I think I need to have another run through the tutorials (When I started playing, maneuvers weren't even in the game)

I think when I get home tonight, I'm gonna design and launch another space station and a few fighters. The video "Battle of Vulture's Drift" is really cool. I think the best part of KSP is seeing the work-arounds people come up with because you don't necessarily have the objects you want, so if you want a missile you have to figure out how to make one, etc.

Metro and Stalker are two completely different games based in very similar worlds. The stealth sections of the first Metro irked me. While those sections weren't a game killer they were annoying enough to make me put down the game and call it a day. In a way I enjoy the claustrophobic feel of the game. There's this constant feeling of urgency that crawls up my neck as I stroll through the underground. I just love that atmosphere and the detail.

I have really enjoyed the STALKER games but because they're so large sometimes I get overwhelmed by the size and feel this weird sense of being hopelessly lost. In Metro its just keep going forward. Two different games, very similar worlds.

I've been wanting to play KSP, it looks absolutely fantastic and a very rewarding game. It does look like it has quite a learning curve. So much to do, so many ways to do it.

KSP reminds of Tekkit mod for Minecraft.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:18:51 by Asininity »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1198 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:38:03 »

I was incredibly disappointed with how much easy mode they put into the game compared to Blood Money. The automatic headshot mode, the "I can see where people are walking" vision, too much HP on 47, he can eat like a whole clip and still have health to spare. I only played the first level thus far and I'll probably give it another go, but it seemed like they really went too far making it "accessible" (aka 12 year old CoD Xbox gamers who don't know **** about stealth games and think that shooting everything in the head with a sniper rifle is the way to go.)

Some of it is negligible, I know. You're never forced to use the "hitman autoshoot" mode or the "instinct vision" (whatever they're called), but they did the same thing with Ace Combat:AH, dumbed it down so the majority of idiots don't have to learn how to do it right. It's the principle of the thing.

Basically, this is what modern console gaming has become: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558712
I can't disagree with anything you've said, playing through 3/4 of the game it's definately felt that way.  Even though the levels are very non-linear, it does feel extremely dumb'd down a lot of the time.  If you're playing on normal difficulty, the AI of the people you need to avoid is downright pathetic at times.  I thought the whole point and shoot thing was a little unnecessary too, I remember first using something like that when I played Splinter Cell: Conviction.  Even though I haven't used it once so far in the campaign I do feel it kind of takes away from the whole "hitman" narrative.  I just like how they give you so many options of completing your contracts and getting through your objectives.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1199 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 11:36:48 »
I've been wanting to play KSP, it looks absolutely fantastic and a very rewarding game. It does look like it has quite a learning curve. So much to do, so many ways to do it.

KSP reminds of Tekkit mod for Minecraft.

There is a big learning curve, but personally, myself with absolutely no prior training in anything close to aerospace engineering being able to pick up the game and have fun, that's saying something. There are 4 tutorials covering the basics of launching, finding your orbit, manouevering, going on an EVA and landing, all of which I HIGHLY reccomend if you want to play the game a little more "properly"

It is very much a sandbox game. You set goals for yourself, you learn at your own pace. at my skill level, having played for several months off and on, I can more often than not make a mun landing and back with the ships I design, but the game comes with stock ships too so you can get some ideas or flight experience from that. For me the most fun is building and flying your own ships. If you want to make a ship with 100 solid rocket boosters, do it. It won't fly very well but you can do it.

Incredibly, incredibly fun game. I would reccomend buying it from the KSP store so Squad gets a few extra bucks (I think steam takes a 20 or 25% cut of the sale price, a dev from another game told me once.) If you want to see videos of somebody who is basically, in my opinion, the defacto master of KSP, check out Scott Manley's channel on YouTube. Some other, more fun channels you should check out are KSP Insane Rocket Division and the test pilot series from HOCgaming.

http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg (Scott Manley)
(IRD)
http://www.youtube.com/show/ksptestpilot (KSP Test Pilot)

If you get into it, this is the sort of game that can eat hours and hours of your life and prove an incredible bang for your buck.

Back on the topic of Hitman, I DO like the built in "contracts" feature. Very smart. Adds replayability without actually needing any extra work involved, and challenges you to solve the missions in a way that you, or possibly even the devs, hadn't specifically thought of.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 11:38:43 by Internetlad »