Author Topic: [IC] PBT Cabernet | GB Live Now!  (Read 47169 times)

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
[IC] PBT Cabernet | GB Live Now!
« on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:01:44 »

Announcements:

We're live now until Nov 06! Head over to https://thekey.company/collections/infinikey-cabernet/products/infinikey-cabernet-keycaps to get your order in.

Vendors:

US: The Key Company
CA: Deskhero
CN: zFrontier
EU: Prototypist
AUS: Switchkeys

Pricing:

Base Kit: $100 USD
Adaptive Kit: $70 USD
Dark Alphas: $45 USD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renders

Viktus Styrka

Returned Wing

Rama Koyu

Rama Koyu (Dark Alphas)

TKC1800

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kits (renders done by TKC)

Base Kit:

Adaptive Kit (40s/Ortho):

Dark Alphas:

Deskmats

Flow

Cut

Pool

Cellar

Thanks for checking out the set! Remember to fill out the Google form here: https://forms.gle/sYXif1WTiTP1WqEU8 if you're interested in joining the group buy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:44:24 by TokyoExpress »

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
Re: [IC] ePBT Cabernet
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:03:07 »
🍷🍷🍷

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:34:05 »
This seems like a decent early IC; however, you aren't going to get far with hex codes for colors. The sooner you pick out physical colors for your set, from Pantone, RAL or another color matching system of your choice, the better.

Edit: Looks like you added RAL colors in the meantime, good!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:37:01 by konstantin »

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:42:06 »
This seems like a decent early IC; however, you aren't going to get far with hex codes for colors. The sooner you pick out physical colors for your set, from Pantone, RAL or another color matching system of your choice, the better.

Edit: Looks like you added RAL colors in the meantime, good!

thanks for the feedback! The RAL colors aren't exact matches for our original colors, so I'll be making some new renders in the meantime.

Offline JagdPietr

• Feeding the dragon with tuna pies
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 21:47:31 »
looking good! this has my attention, and will keep an eye on this

GLWIC!

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 22:07:59 »
Interesting

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 22:12:26 »
The RAL colours seem off here and I believe ePBT works best with pantone colours

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 22:41:47 »
The RAL colours seem off here and I believe ePBT works best with pantone colours

yeah that's what I noticed as well. I'm going to do some more color research and update the set as I go along. thanks for the initial thoughts guys!

Offline quadrotiles

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 00:37:29 »
I think this looks really cool! I like it a lot :)

I do just think the light brown accents should have dark brown legends, instead of red. The red and light brown kinda clash or something, imo

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 01:00:17 »
The RED is just beautiful ... BIG LOVE  :D

Offline tul

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 03:24:56 »
avoid reverse dye-sub in the mods if you can please.

Offline pupper125

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 03:51:46 »
A good start, but those alpha legends are very hard to read!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 07:08:46 »
Is ePBT willing to reverse dye-sub an entire set? You might want to look into Infinikey if ePBT falls through.

Offline Pach

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 07:54:25 »
Classy.

EPBT can work with RAL, but I assume they prefer Pantone because they've been working with it a lot more.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 07:58:44 »
Pretty! I'd almost want to see a glass green-white mods option, which might save you from having to reverse dyesub.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 15:54:36 »
avoid reverse dye-sub in the mods if you can please.

Agree with this, ePBT had a really hard time with getting the reverse dye sub on kuro/shiro which caused many delays. I'd also avoid reverse dye sub unless it's only a handful of keys.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 16:11:45 »
I am seriously digging this. Need to join voices in possibly looking into infinikey

Offline e_bb

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 18:39:35 »
I would prefer ePBT over Infinikey.
start typing properly

Offline jasonex64

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 23:28:57 »
sick set, love the colors! i will have to buy a red case just for this set...

Offline Binson

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 19:47:03 »
Love the low contrast legends

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Re: [IC] PBT Cabernet v1.1 (New Renders, Colors, Kits, and Deskmats!)
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 21:02:40 »
v1.1

Decided on Infinikey as our primary vendor, renaming the set from ePBT to PBT.
Updated kits, renders, and colors.
Added deskmats.
Added interest form.

Offline roguesystem087

is there any chance we can have the normal enter key for the numpad? the wine thing is nice but just wondering if its possible

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
is there any chance we can have the normal enter key for the numpad? the wine thing is nice but just wondering if its possible

Kind of a difficult request because that enter key pretty much exists only on the base kit (currently there are no plans for a novelty kit) and I wouldn't want to spike up the cost with extra keys. But it is possible to have one of the wine key and one normal enter rather than 2 different color variants of the novelty enter. If you or anyone else who wants this change would have no issue with that we can implement it in the next update.

Or we can just remove the novelty enters entirely. To anyone who has opinions on the matter, please let us know here and we will respond accordingly.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2020, 22:14:45 by TokyoExpress »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
how about a separate wine novelty themed kit!  (or even talk to rama to collab a wine keycap, would be so dope!)

could be corkscrew (waiters friend), wine bottle, decanter, wine glass, cork, etc

the possibilities are endless!  :thumb:

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline mod_allure

• Hi.
Also chiming in on the alpha legends being hard to read. I'd prefer something like the accent colors.. but just my preference

Offline sK0pe

I love the low contrast alphas and chocolate modifiers, I can see this sitting on any red, wine, brown or neutral board quite well.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Also chiming in on the alpha legends being hard to read. I'd prefer something like the accent colors.. but just my preference

Yeah, that's something that we spent a lot of time thinking about too. The set was originally designed with that low contrast theme in mind, and we also figured that the legibility wouldn't be too much of a problem for the actual physical product (most of the perceived problem comes from the render lighting environment and composition).

We are still taking the community feedback into consideration however and with enough interest/opinion chiming in it would be entirely possible to have the alpha legends modified or even have an additional set of alphas for lighter/darker legends (whichever one happens to be more popular would remain as part of the base kit).

Obviously at the end of the day sometimes it's impossible to please everyone's exact preferences but we will always try our best to accommodate. Here's hoping that we're able to garner enough interest to run both variants of the alphas.

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
how about a separate wine novelty themed kit!  (or even talk to rama to collab a wine keycap, would be so dope!)

could be corkscrew (waiters friend), wine bottle, decanter, wine glass, cork, etc

the possibilities are endless!  :thumb:

The RAMA keycap is next up on our to-do list. As for the novelty kit: we'll look into it.  ;)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Dafraz117

Interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kimchijody

I like this probably a lot more than I probably should. I will say the one thing that slightly bothers me is that the alpha legends are a bit difficult to read given the dark red of the alpha color. Might look better with 4091 C for alpha legends. Otherwise, very nice!

Offline kimchijody

I like this probably a lot more than I probably should. I will say the one thing that slightly bothers me is that the alpha legends are a bit difficult to read given the dark red of the alpha color. Might look better with 4091 C for alpha legends. Otherwise, very nice!

ignore me I am an idiot bc this will be dyesub lol

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
v1.2

Changed alpha legends to accent color.
Removed novelty enter keys (they'll be back in the novelties).
Added Dark Alphas kit.
Updated form.

Offline Manticzeus

Have you thought about doing a kit with red mods as well to make a 2 color set? I think it could look pretty nice!

Offline quadrotiles

v1.2

Added Dark Alphas kit.
Updated form.

Honestly, the low contrast was really beautiful. The accent colour alphas is fine and pretty, but there's something really classy about low contrast colour schemes.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2020, 02:49:32 by quadrotiles »

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
v1.2

Added Dark Alphas kit.
Updated form.

Honestly, the low contrast was really beautiful. The accent colour alphas is fine and pretty, but there's something really classy about low contrast colour schemes.

I would agree, but I was getting a lot of feedback about legibility being an issue, which I thought it would be best to prioritize. Still hoping enough of you dark alpha fans are out there so the concept doesn't disappear entirely.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Have you thought about doing a kit with red mods as well to make a 2 color set? I think it could look pretty nice!

There are a lot of all-red sets out there already, so it's not one of the immediate things on our radar. Could possibly consider it after the novelties and special caps are finished.

Offline Re9456

Why only allow us choose one kit in the form? I want all 3 kits ;D

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Why only allow us choose one kit in the form? I want all 3 kits ;D

oh sorry that's a mistake, it should be fixed now. if you're on the same email you can edit your submission to the form. thanks for letting me know!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
v1.2

Added Dark Alphas kit.
Updated form.

I would agree, but I was getting a lot of feedback about legibility being an issue, which I thought it would be best to prioritize. Still hoping enough of you dark alpha fans are out there so the concept doesn't disappear entirely.

It’s surprising the majority of those interested don’t want dark alpha legends.  It looks like a completely different set now.  No doubt some dark alpha fans will bail because of the increased cost to get what they wanted, including anyone requiring a numpad since that’s no longer an option.

If the interest is close to 50/50, consider offering two complete TKL base kits and a separate numpad kit containing both alpha styles.

Offline honoka

Your interest form would be better if it had a field where we could give feedback.
For instance, norde kits are always something I ask for when I see a set I like

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
If the interest is close to 50/50, consider offering two complete TKL base kits and a separate numpad kit containing both alpha styles.
I agree with this recommendation.

Your interest form would be better if it had a field where we could give feedback.

Offline kimchijody

ignore me I am an idiot bc this will be dyesub lol

Puddsy has educated me on the reverse dyesub process. Love the new alpha legends. GLWIC!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech

Form has been updated with a space for feedback. Some good insight from dvorcol as well, will look into reworking the kits as per suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Re: [IC] PBT Cabernet v1.21 (Kit Poll and Novelties)
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 16:38:56 »
v1.21

Added announcements.
Added novelties.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 16:44:29 by TokyoExpress »

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
[IC] PBT Cabernet v1.21 (Kit Poll and Novelties)
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 16:42:13 »
Please fill out the form if you prefer the dark alphas and would like to see the kit layouts changed a bit. Thank you!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 16:44:35 by TokyoExpress »

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 21:44:31 »
Have to agree with the general consensus that the dark alphas kit is closer to the original concept than the revised one.
Coming from someone in the wine industry, I love this concept :)
I think if you stick with the new base kit alphas, you should consider the legend colour to be something closer to the inside of a wine barrel, those warmer oak colours.

I'm also not sure where the esc/enter mod colour really derives from - Reminds me a bit though of crushing grapes and the pinky foam that results
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 21:51:24 by SwitchKeys »

Offline stein3

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 09:30:35 »
I love the set, but the abstract deskmats aren't doing it for me.

So I sketched this up using the colors from your existing mat renders! I don't think these would be my final color choices, but I think it still gets the idea across. What do you think?

I think it looks better with the bottle offset, but it needs something (maybe just the set logo?) to balance it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 July 2020, 09:33:39 by stein3 »

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 09:54:11 »
My feedback:
1. I would kill for a completely red option (color same as base kit alphas, not dark)
2. Base kit alphas look better

Offline xEdifice

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 10:38:56 »
I prefer the dark alphas.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 15:14:42 »
Updated form with the novelty kit  ^-^.

If you're back here and you filled out the interest form a long time ago, please update your kit preferences now to participate in the poll! We'll be making some more decisions in a couple of days (maybe more, got unexpectedly swamped this week). Not going to individually respond to everyone this time around but know that I did read your feedback and have taken it into consideration. In the meantime, keep letting me know what you guys want/prefer!

Thanks!