Author Topic: [GB] GMK Monochrome  (Read 51489 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[GB] GMK Monochrome
« on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 05:07:12 »
GMK Monochrome

render by Janglad

What's up everybody?!

We have the pleasure to announce that GMK Monohrome is live!

Where to go?

Stop throwing money at the screen, that won't help! Here is where to go if you want to buy the set:

Here are the updated numbers:

• Base Kit - 150+
  • Extras Kit - We need to reach at least 75 orders, we are not far but a little more help would be appreciated!
  • Rama - 104/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

KitVendorsMOQ 150MOQ 250MOQ 500
Core kitMyKeyboard125€121€116€
.Kono$144.99TBDTBD
.zFrontier$155$145$135
Extra KitMyKeyboard36€34€32€
.Kono$44.99TBDTBD
.zFrontier$45$41$37

Kits

Hhere are the two kits that are up for sale:

Core Kit

Extra Kit

Raffle and Giveaway

The original plan was to raffle the Alpha Keycaps Jedi Blink between GB participants, unfortunately this proves to be a bit tricky due to the personal data protection laws. So, here is what is going to happen:

• Kono is going to organize a giveaway in which you can win 1 Core kit, 1 Extra Kit and 1 Jedi Blinker. If you want to learn more, head over to https://kono.store/pages/giveaways]Kono's giveaway page!! The Giveaway will be opened for 2 weeks!
  • We are holding a raffle (form will open in roughly 2 hours) for the monochrome Jedi Blinker. The form will stay open for 24h to give everyone the opportunity to join. Invoice will go out on as soon as possible, but I work full time so this might take up to 12h before the 10 invoices go out (all invoices will go out at once). After that, you will have 24h to pay. If there is a problem, please let me know as soon as possible. Should your invoice not be paid after those 24h, I will cancel it and the artisan will be reraffled. Head over to the Google form for a chance to win :)

• RAMA is offering is iconing X and O caps in two variants.

Those RAMA keycaps can be bought by anyone, whether you take part in the keyset GB or not, and you can get as many as you want!

Thanks for all your support and we really hope you will enjoy the keyset as much as we will!

Leadtime

09/01/18 Start throwing money at the screen

10/15/18 Stop throwing money at the screen (and raffle of the Monochrome Jedi Blinker V2)

10/19/18 All proxy pay GMK and we complete the order

January/February 2019 - GMK starts shipping keysets to each vendor

Support the keyset, slap this is your signature :D
[/list]
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96541.0][img width=277 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GbLAeTy.png[/img]
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 October 2018, 15:07:27 by JSaintS »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GMK Monochrome
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 15:50:36 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Naack

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 15:58:38 »
Rookie question: is this ABS or PBT? Definitely jumping in!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 15:59:30 »
Rookie question: is this ABS or PBT? Definitely jumping in!
GMK is always ABS :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Dolas

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 17:25:09 »
A timeframe for when the groupbuy will end will be helpful.  The only page giving one is Zfrontier stating Aug.25.2018 - Sep.15.2018. which is obviously wrong as the groupbuy launched on Sept.01.2018

Offline duckboi

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 17:36:36 »
A timeframe for when the groupbuy will end will be helpful.  The only page giving one is Zfrontier stating Aug.25.2018 - Sep.15.2018. which is obviously wrong as the groupbuy launched on Sept.01.2018

Yeah that was an error. This GB will be live until the end of September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 10:35:09 »

As duck mentioned, the GB will be live for a month after which payment from all proxies will be made to GMK. GMK's leadtime is around 14 weeks; so we expect shipping from GMK around January 2019 :) Hope this helps.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 07:21:24 »
no 1.5u "Command" keys?  :(

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 07:28:53 »
They were removed from the base kit to cut down on costs. They could have been moved to the compatibility kit, but that didn't happen.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 09:37:28 »
all new keebs M60,  Zephyr  and   KOYU 65  require 1.5 keys

Offline duckboi

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 09:43:24 »
They were removed from the base kit to cut down on costs. They could have been moved to the compatibility kit, but that didn't happen.

Actually, we never had any "command" keys. This keyset never had compatibility for Mac keys. You're free to use the "Control" and "Alt" keys though.  :thumb:

Offline Marutks

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 09:48:42 »
I don't care whether actual label says  "super" "code"  or "meta".    Or some novelty  ( like GMK Nautilus or Red Samurai).

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 09:53:35 »
I don't care whether actual label says  "super" "code"  or "meta".    Or some novelty  ( like GMK Nautilus or Red Samurai).

Then the keys included in the base kit should suffice, no?

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:02:55 »
What are the "Extras" on the GB site? Is that the compatibility kit? It's not clear to me.

Thanks

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:05:19 »
What are the "Extras" on the GB site? Is that the compatibility kit? It's not clear to me.

Thanks

Yes sir, the extra kit is the compatibility kit :-)

I'll revert to "extra kit" here and ask the EU seller to change this to harmonize with other vendors as well, thanks :-)

Offline Marutks

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:06:20 »
It is not ideal to have Alt / Ctrl labelled keys that work as LGUI / RGUI.  Looks confusing.  What if a coworker needs to type something on your keeb. 

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:11:34 »
It is not ideal to have Alt / Ctrl labelled keys that work as LGUI / RGUI.  Looks confusing.  What if a coworker needs to type something on your keeb.

You're asking that to someone that uses QWERTY Keyset on an iso AZERTY keyboard, so my answer might not reflect everyone's opinion but I don't mind, specially if those are the keys you are talking to. If a coworker has to type something on your keyboard, I also assume that "code", "super", "meta" or novelty keys would throw them off, which is then in total contradiction with your previous comment :-/

Offline duckboi

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 14:33:44 »

The kits shown are final and will not be changing.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 10:06:08 »
Hey everyone!
We got some numbers on how the set is doing so far.

Numbers as of September 4:
  • Base Kit - 39/150
  • Extras Kit - 12/150
  • Rama X and O Caps (Both Laser Etched and Not) - 35/50

The Group buy is live until the end of September but we could really use your help in pushing the set through! Thanks for the support so far! :D

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 14:49:42 »
Dang. I don't like those numbers.

The thing is, I need this set in my life. I'll buy the remaining ones to make sure we reach MOQ :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 17:10:06 »
Dang. I don't like those numbers.

The thing is, I need this set in my life. I'll buy the remaining ones to make sure we reach MOQ :)

I'll help you on that one for sure!

Let's make it happen 🖤🖤🖤

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:52:25 »
*joining so I can get the matching numpad for Metaverse*

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 04:53:08 »
I predicted this set wouldn't do well because of no ISO compatibility in the base kit. I'm sure there are others like me who opted for Metaverse instead because of this.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 09:38:09 »
I predicted this set wouldn't do well because of no ISO compatibility in the base kit. I'm sure there are others like me who opted for Metaverse instead because of this.

Ah yeah, totally because ISO isn't in the base kit and not because everyone and their mom are running GMK group buys at the same time.

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 09:39:10 »

Uh Metaverse uses different color codes then monochrome. Metaverse uses WS1 whereas monochrome is using GMKs new color code WS2.

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 14:54:26 »

First of all. What a way to be a complete douche. Spare us your theories please.

Second, I doubt ISO would have made it successful unless you mean that it would double their amount of sold kits, and I hope you are not that delusional?

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:40:18 »
Any one have the most up to date numbers?

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:54:04 »

Uh Metaverse uses different color codes then monochrome. Metaverse uses WS1 whereas monochrome is using GMKs new color code WS2.
details detail details :P

Offline duckboi

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 16:30:02 »
Any one have the most up to date numbers?

The numbers should be a bit more than the latest update.

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 16:58:11 »
lets make it happen

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 03:32:59 »

First of all. What a way to be a complete douche. Spare us your theories please.

Second, I doubt ISO would have made it successful unless you mean that it would double their amount of sold kits, and I hope you are not that delusional?

I was merely providing some constructive feedback to the people running this GB. Myself and I would imagine a lot of people have been put off by the need to spend more just for a few extra keys to cover our standard layout. I guess you are one of those Americans that think the USA is the centre of the universe and there are only about 10 people in Europe who use mechanical keyboards right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2018, 03:40:30 by fleeceman »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 03:59:09 »

I was merely providing some constructive feedback to the people running this GB. Myself and I would imagine a lot of people have been put off by the need to spend more just for a few extra keys to cover our standard layout. I guess you are one of those Americans that think the USA is the centre of the universe and there are only about 10 people in Europe who use mechanical keyboards right?

Sorry for my lack of presence here, I've had a super busy week at work.

I am sure some people who wants ISO might be hesitant because of the lack of ISO support in the core kit. As a matter of fact, I'm an ISO-only user, so I know how you feel. That said, and it's a pretty popular option in the community: if you can make the set a couple of bucks cheaper by cutting ISO compatibility, it might be good to do it. I get this is not an opinion we share, but this is a popular trend and, well, if it is popular, there is a reason. You also mentioned Metaverse, but those are different keysets IMHO simply because of the different shades of white and the sublegends making the alphas really crowded (I like japanese sublegends, but this is not the goal of this set).

Also, We could have done better in the first couple of days, for sure, but saying this GB is failing is wrong; and as a matter of fact, the USA might not be the centre of the universe, but Kono did sell 3 times more keysets than mykeyboard.eu as of right now, so the States is definitely a big market :)

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 04:18:16 »

Sorry for my lack of presence here, I've had a super busy week at work.

I am sure some people who wants ISO might be hesitant because of the lack of ISO support in the core kit. As a matter of fact, I'm an ISO-only user, so I know how you feel. That said, and it's a pretty popular option in the community: if you can make the set a couple of bucks cheaper by cutting ISO compatibility, it might be good to do it. I get this is not an opinion we share, but this is a popular trend and, well, if it is popular, there is a reason. You also mentioned Metaverse, but those are different keysets IMHO simply because of the different shades of white and the sublegends making the alphas really crowded (I like japanese sublegends, but this is not the goal of this set).

Also, We could have done better in the first couple of days, for sure, but saying this GB is failing is wrong; and as a matter of fact, the USA might not be the centre of the universe, but Kono did sell 3 times more keysets than mykeyboard.eu as of right now, so the States is definitely a big market :)

I mean, the price of Monochrome is about ~£12 cheaper than Metaverse, at the expense of cutting around 20-30 keys? So it really hasn't impacted the price that much by cutting ISO.

As for kono selling 3 times as much, mykeyboard.eu is a german website and germans use ISO. I imagine UK people will not be willing to spend 160+ on a GB keyset too. So that's a huge userbase alienated already.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I would have 100% already jumped on this if the base kit was like most standard kits (Laser, Solarized Dark, etc). 160+ is aftermarket price for a base set, not GB. I still may join but when I can grab a set of something like Hyperfuse Origins off mechmarket or the MK UK discord for a similar price, it's hard to justify.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 04:39:13 »

I mean, the price of Monochrome is about ~£12 cheaper than Metaverse, at the expense of cutting around 20-30 keys? So it really hasn't impacted the price that much by cutting ISO.

As for kono selling 3 times as much, mykeyboard.eu is a german website and germans use ISO. I imagine UK people will not be willing to spend 160+ on a GB keyset too. So that's a huge userbase alienated already.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I would have 100% already jumped on this if the base kit was like most standard kits (Laser, Solarized Dark, etc). 160+ is aftermarket price for a base set, not GB. I still may join but when I can grab a set of something like Hyperfuse Origins off mechmarket or the MK UK discord for a similar price, it's hard to justify.

• That's still $15/16 and again, it's not something made without thinking about it, it's a popular trend we are following.
  • MyKeyboard.eu is a Belgian website, and we have a dutch slack and let me tell you this: I'm probably one of the only ISO user there. I don't say that ISO users are non existant but it is what it is.
    I imagine UK people will not be willing to spend 160+ on a GB keyset too.
    Considering the fact GMK increased their pricing, I can see a couple (to not say "a lot") of future keysets starting at this pricepoint with a similar compatibility (meaning with ISO support, 6u spacebar, stepped capslock,...). By doing it how we did, we at least give the opportunity to only get the core kit and not the rest should you not need all the other keys.

Edit: just want to make clear that I'm not saying you're totally wrong and I'm 100% right, I'm just trying to explain why we opted for this approach :-)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2018, 04:45:55 by JSaintS »

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 04:48:53 »

• That's still $15/16 and again, it's not something made without thinking about it, it's a popular trend we are following.
  • MyKeyboard.eu is a Belgian website, and we have a dutch slack and let me tell you this: I'm probably one of the only ISO user there. I don't say that ISO users are non existant but it is what it is.
    I imagine UK people will not be willing to spend 160+ on a GB keyset too.
    Considering the fact GMK increased their pricing, I can see a couple (to not say "a lot") of future keysets starting at this pricepoint with a similar compatibility (meaning with ISO support, 6u spacebar, stepped capslock,...). By doing it how we did, we at least give the opportunity to only get the core kit and not the rest should you not need all the other keys.

Edit: just want to make clear that I'm not saying you're totally wrong and I'm 100% right, I'm just trying to explain why we opted for this approach :-)

Fair enough, I thought mykeyboard was german. Well best of luck with the GB, it is a gorgeous set.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 06:19:08 »
I am hesitant because of the lack of 1.5u "super" keys.

Offline umalip

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:39:14 »
Just picked this set up!  Gonna look good on my Kira from I:C!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 14:07:43 »
What's up everyone!

Here is a quick update on the Monochrome sale as of today:
  • Base Kit - 58/150
  • Extras Kit - 20/150 (I'm currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ of this kit)
  • Rama - 55/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)
Could things have gone better? For sure, but they could have been far worse too! We are at a little over a third of the MOQ in a little over a third of the GB time :) The Group buy is live until the end of September and I KNOW you want a monochrome set in your live

Also, every GB participant gets one ticket for this gorgeous Jedi Blinker v1.2.

---

Want to grab a set?

Head over to:

Offline Champalan

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 01:04:45 »
Definitely grabbing a base set on payday! Thanks for the update on numbers.

Would you be able to post on other platforms (Reddit, Instagram, ECT.) to spread the word on the set? Let's reach MOQ!

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 07:25:25 »
Fuuuuuuck, my pockets are empty.

If I scrap the bottom of my drawers, I might be able to find some money to throw at this  :-\

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 00:30:16 »
I already bought a set. This set is dope.

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline SolidCactus

[GB] GMK Monochrome
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 14:04:43 »
I picked up 2 sets as this kit is awesome
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 September 2018, 17:10:50 by SolidCactus »

Offline Champalan

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:44:51 »
I picked up 2 sets as I this set rocks

Thinking about picking up 2 as well. It's just so good!

Offline Starston3

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:48:07 »
Uhh... the missing Meta /Super 1.5 might be a deal breaker for me.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:49:52 »
dont understand the allure behind this set, but hey to each there own. hope the gb goes well!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:57:21 »
Bought in for two sets... Hopefully can help to MOQ :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 13:56:08 »
Any update on MOQ? :'(

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 14:44:23 »
Hopefully the figures I have gone up as a few more weeks have passed. Really hoping this one goes through as it’s one of the best sets I have seen!

Offline Champalan

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 19:51:52 »
I bought one yesterday and I might buy another next week. Hopefully we can hit moq

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 07:22:57 »
yeah would be nice to see the current sales figures since there's only 11 days left.

cheers!