Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 275166 times)

Offline yap68

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S - cancelled, refunds in progress.
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 21:57:15 »
I shall avoid buying from zFrontier from now on. Thinking of getting refund through PayPal for my Meteor which supposedly to be delivered in October.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #651 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 03:31:26 »
I'm trying to reach out to zFrontier, will let you guys know once I have an update.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #652 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 03:46:48 »
I'm trying to reach out to zFrontier, will let you guys know once I have an update.

Thank you!  :)

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #653 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:53:15 »
does anyone know if i am able to get refund for this gb or if anyone is willing to take my spot?
 lol im upset on how they are handling group buys, where people are handing their money first-hand and trusting that they would send their product. I t blows my mind that all the updates these past few weeks or months has been posted none other than a mere gb-participant. dont think i would be purchasing/participating anything from zfrontier anymore. :blank:

Offline dimo

« Reply #654 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 13:15:07 »
chillax. There’s been delays, just like almost every other gb we’ve ever had. Patience is necessary in this hobby.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #655 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 04:11:39 »
chillax. There’s been delays, just like almost every other gb we’ve ever had. Patience is necessary in this hobby.

delays are ok if they are communicated properly.
but what the guys are doing here is definitely not cool.

I mean just take a look at the HB85 GB.
Regular updates with pictures and everything directly from the GB starter.
Here we literally have to squeeze every little bit of information out of the responsible persons...  :blank:

Offline schlep

« Reply #656 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 07:07:24 »
perhaps their next reply would be that the Chinese New Year holidays are coming and that's causing another delay. bummer.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #657 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 14:43:49 »
I know delays are super annoying, but personally, I feel like I've waited longer to get in on this buy than it's been running, so I'm don't mind waiting. It also helps that this GB is run by respectable names in the community, so I'm not worried I'm being scammed or whatever. And I've also had some practice with the m65a last year  :blank:
pls gief bbv2

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #658 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 10:04:47 »
I know delays are super annoying, but personally, I feel like I've waited longer to get in on this buy than it's been running, so I'm don't mind waiting. It also helps that this GB is run by respectable names in the community, so I'm not worried I'm being scammed or whatever. And I've also had some practice with the m65a last year  :blank:

the problem is not that we are afraid if we are gonna get scammed, but rather mad at how they are handling communication or updates. their initial shipping date was during around middle of december but til now, they had never updated or communicated officially.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #659 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 13:51:44 »

the problem is not that we are afraid if we are gonna get scammed, but rather mad at how they are handling communication or updates. their initial shipping date was during around middle of december but til now, they had never updated or communicated officially.

this, if they would just update us id be cool but hey that is a little too much to ask i suppose.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #660 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 02:34:54 »
perhaps their next reply would be that the Chinese New Year holidays are coming and that's causing another delay. bummer.

dang totally forgot about the chinese new year  :confused: have a feeling that they are not prepared to ship yet, and i bet they are gonna use chinese new year as an excuse as well too.... gotta expect shipping to be around late feb~March then ugh

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #661 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 16:04:20 »
Pretty sure that will happen. Some pics of progress , colors would be nice though...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #662 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 21:31:58 »
Hi guys, sorry for the delayed update, Alex told me he just got back from a business trip. Latest news is EVE is doing final QC before shipping, this was last week. Alex messaged him again this morning for another update and he's still waiting for a reply. He will ask for some photos when EVE gets back to him so hopefully EVE can respond quickly and provide photos next.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #663 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 02:15:22 »

Fair point.
pls gief bbv2

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #664 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 03:36:03 »
Hi guys, sorry for the delayed update, Alex told me he just got back from a business trip. Latest news is EVE is doing final QC before shipping, this was last week. Alex messaged him again this morning for another update and he's still waiting for a reply. He will ask for some photos when EVE gets back to him so hopefully EVE can respond quickly and provide photos next.

im not interested in the photos since i've seen them enough through zfrontier and alex, what I need is estimated shipping date...

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #665 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 04:01:03 »

im not interested in the photos since i've seen them enough through zfrontier and alex, what I need is estimated shipping date...
We're waiting for news ourselves and info will be shared when we get them.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #666 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 02:53:18 »
EVE has started shipping the TKL kits to zFrontier, Alex said they want to ship these to participants before CNY.

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #667 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 04:52:03 »
That's great news, thanks for the update :thumb:

Offline yap68

« Reply #668 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 05:00:45 »
EVE has started shipping the TKL kits to zFrontier, Alex said they want to ship these to participants before CNY.

Good news. Thanks for your help.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #669 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 10:14:49 »

Great news! Have you heard anything about the Kira S numpad for international buyers?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #670 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 10:19:04 »
Wondering if the boards being shipped are all of them or just the WKL specific colours that were mentioned?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #671 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 01:21:26 »
Wondering if the boards being shipped are all of them or just the WKL specific colours that were mentioned?
Seeing as there was talk about manufacturing, I sincerely hope it's all models (especially because I ordered a WK one :p )
pls gief bbv2

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #672 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:03:36 »

You are aware that Chinese New Year is from Feb 5th right? a lot of people are going to try order things from china before that, have a feeling that you can't ship em before since i heard from couple of my friends who had participated in different group buys on zfrontier which were held before kira tkl GB and they still haven't received it yet.... like c'mon, if you can't even handle single groupbuy properly, it's not smart to just keep adding new groupbuys followed by groupbuys.... feel like zfontier is very overloaded recently

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #673 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:16:27 »

You are aware that Chinese New Year is from Feb 5th right? a lot of people are going to try order things from china before that, have a feeling that you can't ship em before since i heard from couple of my friends who had participated in different group buys on zfrontier which were held before kira tkl GB and they still haven't received it yet.... like c'mon, if you can't even handle single groupbuy properly, it's not smart to just keep adding new groupbuys followed by groupbuys.... feel like zfontier is very overloaded recently

1) If EVE didnt start shipping the boards to zfrontier until this week, how is that zfrontier's fault?

2) Just because a GB that happened before Kira has been delayed, doesnt mean Kira will be. Different GBs have different manufacturers and lead times, ect.

3) Thesis isnt running this GB, he's just the designer and he's doing everything he can to keep us informed. Give him a break.

We'll get the boards when we get them. This isnt the first time in history of GBs that the expected shipping date wasn't met.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #674 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 07:22:42 »
Updates are sparse and I agree they should be more frequent, but zFrontier isn't holding back shipment just to spite everyone, and I believe they're trying to get this done as soon as possible. I don't think they have received the shipment yet, I will give an update as soon as I can.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #675 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 03:30:15 »

1) If EVE didnt start shipping the boards to zfrontier until this week, how is that zfrontier's fault?

2) Just because a GB that happened before Kira has been delayed, doesnt mean Kira will be. Different GBs have different manufacturers and lead times, ect.

3) Thesis isnt running this GB, he's just the designer and he's doing everything he can to keep us informed. Give him a break.

We'll get the boards when we get them. This isnt the first time in history of GBs that the expected shipping date wasn't met.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I guess you are right on number 1. but can't agree with number 2. tho since its not the first they theyve done this, it has happened previously for zfrontier where their earlier gbs were delayed, then followed by the gbs after that has been delayed like domino

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:26:51 »
zFrontier is expecting the boards by the end of this week, I was told shipment includes all TKL kits including winkeys.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:51:20 »
This is awesome news !!!

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:31:56 »
What happened to the matching numpad? Still happening?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #679 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 00:09:30 »
i wonder if zfrontier would undervalue for us..... my country taxes up to 30% and that is such a waster of money ugh

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #680 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 21:10:36 »
zFrontier's CNY break begins on Feb 4, I haven't heard if they got the shipment already they were expecting it either last Saturday or this coming Monday, but Alex said they will ship everything they can before CNY.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #681 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:21:45 »
Update: zFrontier received the KIRA80 shipment yesterday, but didn't expect the amount of work needed to ship the orders out to all participants until they opened up the boxes. Basically they need to pack the kit, PCBs, screws, etc into the bag for each individual order. They will try to ship everything they can before their CNY break, but it is unlikely they can send all the orders out.

There are also issues with colors and they have to see what EVE has to say about it before we share more information.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #682 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 00:43:41 »
Update: zFrontier received the KIRA80 shipment yesterday, but didn't expect the amount of work needed to ship the orders out to all participants until they opened up the boxes. Basically they need to pack the kit, PCBs, screws, etc into the bag for each individual order. They will try to ship everything they can before their CNY break, but it is unlikely they can send all the orders out.

There are also issues with colors and they have to see what EVE has to say about it before we share more information.

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully they can send out most kits but I guess we can't really count on that happening.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 04:04:57 »

Do you know what the issues exactly are and which colors are affected?
pls gief bbv2

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #684 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 11:21:52 »

thanks for the update! personally that "it's taking longer than we thought" sounds like "it's gonna be delayed" to me ugh..... i hope they really do send them out before CNY or else that is gonna be another delay there.. im also curious on what the issue was tho? that is brief and doesnt state exact reason for delay

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #685 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 15:31:46 »

Yikes,
ZF is pretty bad at shipping so im assuming these wont start to ship till the end of February, and if the colors are bad then expect another 6 months to wait on EVE for remakes. sigh.... :mad:

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 January 2019, 15:38:41 by redbanshee »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #686 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 17:34:53 »
Some blue kits are different from the prototype colors, I believe they will be checking everything first before giving a full update on the colors. Please understand that it takes time to check dozens of kits and they cannot just open everything in one go because of space limitations.

We truly apologize for the delays, we want the kits shipped out as much as you guys. I'll give an update again once I get new information.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 23:32:42 »
im just happy to be getting info on this finally thanks thesiscamper!

Offline ullr

« Reply #688 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 06:45:32 »
Bummer, I got pearl blue...

At least there's communication

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #689 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 20:17:16 »
Bummer, I got pearl blue...

same....  You're right though, at least we're getting some info.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #690 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 02:28:10 »
Some blue kits are different from the prototype colors, I believe they will be checking everything first before giving a full update on the colors. Please understand that it takes time to check dozens of kits and they cannot just open everything in one go because of space limitations.

We truly apologize for the delays, we want the kits shipped out as much as you guys. I'll give an update again once I get new information.

so..? now should we wait for end of feb when CNY ends or is it even more delayed? now it's beginning of feb and we dont hear anything from you guys regarding shipping yet so i am assuming you cant ship them before CNY,,,

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #691 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:01:42 »
Update: Unfortunately I don't think zF was able to ship any kits, the only thing Alex said was that the violet, red, gray and black kits should be ready for shipping.

As for the color issues, it's mostly the blue kits and I've attached a couple of photos of the two Pearl Blue kits with different shades. EVE said the original guy who mixed the dyes was laid off and that the dyeing pool was also renewed. I'll be waiting for zFrontier's reply on what they plan to do with these kits. The caps on the kits in the photos are from SA by the Sea.

212111-0
212113-1

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #692 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:05:50 »
Update: Unfortunately I don't think zF was able to ship any kits, the only thing Alex said was that the violet, red, gray and black kits should be ready for shipping.

As for the color issues, it's mostly the blue kits and I've attached a couple of photos of the two Pearl Blue kits with different shades. EVE said the original guy who mixed the dyes was laid off and that the dyeing pool was also renewed. I'll be waiting for zFrontier's reply on what they plan to do with these kits. The caps on the kits in the photos are from SA by the Sea.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Any word on the Poseidon Blue? Same problems?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #693 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:13:45 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Alex said they're not good, but I didn't get photos for comparison. He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #694 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:31:14 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Alex said they're not good, but I didn't get photos for comparison. He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

Dang. Too late for a color change? 😉

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #695 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 12:05:10 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Holy crap that's pretty terrible...

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #696 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 13:35:54 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Dang =/  That top WKL one looks pretty bad IMO (I ordered a pearl blue WKL model also, hahaha...welp)...  The bottom one looks closer to the original color, though.

He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

I dunno though - if he means the WKL from the pics you posted - I don't think that's close to the original color at all.  Here's a pic of 4 versions (though one is a render) that we've seen so far - the WKL one from your post almost seems purple in comparison:

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2019, 13:46:37 by //gainsborough »

Offline ullr

« Reply #697 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 14:18:08 »
I'll volunteer to take that first one as long as it is unblemished, looks smart IMO

Offline King4477

« Reply #698 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 15:41:58 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Holy crap that's pretty terrible...

Yeah that WKL looks pretty far off from what was promised. In fact, the color looks similar to this photo that Alex shared last year, and which he advised was not representative of the final product. 

Why would Eve even ship that? I suppose it also means that any pearl blue Kira S, if it ever gets made, won’t colormatch the pearl blue Kira 80.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #699 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 16:38:19 »

Yeah that WKL looks pretty far off from what was promised. In fact, the color looks similar to this photo that Alex shared last year, and which he advised was not representative of the final product. 

Show Image

Why would Eve even ship that? I suppose it also means that any pearl blue Kira S, if it ever gets made, won’t colormatch the pearl blue Kira 80.

Oh yeah - I had forgotten about that pic.  I was also told that the color in that pic was not a good representation of the actual color.

I was really hoping for a color closer to the render or the prototype.  For some reason I had in my head that the weight would be silver also, but I guess they are brass (but I'm not too broken up about that I suppose).  Do we know if the numbers we picked were engraved in the weights?