Author Topic: adjustable keyboard trays (arm mount)  (Read 1763 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
adjustable keyboard trays (arm mount)
« on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 17:14:42 »
Long story short, I'm looking for an affordable alternative to Ergotron LX Wall Mount Keyboard Arm (€250) or WorkFit* (too much).

I prefer the keyboard low (and with negative slope) for typing, but need the mouse in elbow height, when using it a lot (especially gaming). Stacking books to raise the mousepad works, it's kinda ghetto though. Are there any brands worth mentioning other than Ergotron? Would an LCD arm with some ghetto tray work?

Offline Proword

Re: adjustable keyboard trays (arm mount)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 01:51:54 »
I bought two monitor arms, and fitted them onto the same pole.  Very adjustable for height, and also by recycling the keyboard tray (which I had to remove to clamp the monitor arm in place) I am able to rotate the keyboard in three axes to a useful degree.  I put a wedge shaped piece of foam rubber under the keyboard to absorb impact and stop it sliding.  Also helped with the tilt.

Although you can't see it, the mouse is sitting on the left of the keyboard on the tray.

Cost of the whole thing?  About $90 for two monitor mounts. 

Maltron 3D Dual Hand (x4)
Maltron 3D Single Hand (x2 - L & R)

Many people think their lifestyle comes at a cost - but they are quite cool with that as long as somebody ELSE pays it.

Offline jacobolus

Re: adjustable keyboard trays (arm mount)
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 02:00:16 »
Stacking books to raise the mousepad works, it's kinda ghetto though.
I do this sometimes. Works great. :-)