Author Topic: [IC] Skyrim Set  (Read 11354 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[IC] Skyrim Set
« on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:20:30 »
Hello everyone!

This is an interest check for a set (26 keys, from A to Z) with the letters in Skyrim Dragon's Alphabet (you can find the letters here : http://www.skyrim-universe.com/forum/index.php?/topic/967-langue-des-dragons-dragon-language/)

the only thing that we would have to decide is what letter use for the "C" as the dragons use the letter "K" or "S".

I don't know anything about the price for the set, I took contact with QWERkeys, and I'm waiting an answer.

Just let me know if you guys are interested in this!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: [IC] Skyrim Set
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 17:47:14 »
SP double shot can't make those pointy sweeps. So, who were you thinking that could get these printed.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: [IC] Skyrim Set
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 17:47:57 »
This might be expensive and you'll need a moq of 100 sets.

Glwic
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 September 2012, 20:55:36 by REAPER »
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 17:49:35 »
You will most likely need to dyesub this run. If you were to double-shot, you would need to pay for each new legend. And it's pretty expensive.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 18:10:42 »
That would be a pretty cool set to do in some sort of black on grey. Definitely one you'd have to run as a dyesub set though.

@1391401 That rule is new to me too, didn't notice it till that post. I understand why though, it only takes one guy to ruin it for the majority. The criteria for it would have to be something along the lines of "Run one or more successful group buys with 0 issues they were at fault for." Makes it virtually impossible for new people to start running group buys though, but that part can be revisited at a later date I'm assuming. Mods are on lockdown atm, that's all it means. I would expect being a well established member of the forum (over 1k posts) would merit a decent amount of backup for it, because by then most people should "know" you.

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 18:19:01 »
This would be a pretty awesome set to have.
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline noog

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 18:47:35 »
Nice idea. In for it.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:15:40 »
I'm pretty new to GBs and I'll organize it with someone of confidence.

as I said I'm pretty new to this and when you guys speak about dyesub, I don't know what that means, is it a name of a company or something like that??

and do you guys have some sites I can contact to see for the prices? or someone I can contact for this?

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:19:55 »
Nop, Dye Sub(limination) is a process to dye keys, with some images instead of legends.
(Don't know if that's really accurate, but still ;) )

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:28:20 »
That would be a pretty cool set to do in some sort of black on grey. Definitely one you'd have to run as a dyesub set though.

@1391401 That rule is new to me too, didn't notice it till that post. I understand why though, it only takes one guy to ruin it for the majority. The criteria for it would have to be something along the lines of "Run one or more successful group buys with 0 issues they were at fault for." Makes it virtually impossible for new people to start running group buys though, but that part can be revisited at a later date I'm assuming. Mods are on lockdown atm, that's all it means. I would expect being a well established member of the forum (over 1k posts) would merit a decent amount of backup for it, because by then most people should "know" you.

You should run this with the other imsto GB you plan on running (the one with the MLP key caps)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:35:47 »

You should run this with the other imsto GB you plan on running (the one with the MLP key caps)

How did I miss the existence of that GB plan?
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:35:55 »
Signature Plastics would be the one to go to in the US, QWERKeys if you're in the UK, Imsto and others if you're in China etc.

Dyesubs use PBT (generally preferred material) for the plastic because it is more porous, and the ink is sublimated (turned from solid into a gas) into the pores of the keycap. The legend permeates the first couple of mm of the key, and doesn't ever wear out essentially. It can produce much more complicated legends than doubleshots can, but you can essentially only make things darker, meaning you can't dyesub light color dyes into dark keys (IE White on Black is impossible) The closer to white the background, the better colors show up. I suggested black on grey because it emulates the game style while being possible, since you're dyeing it a darker color.

Edit: YES I SHOULD! GOOD IDEA! Lol

Btw, I just got 2k 1x WFJ PBTs from SP today. Along with color rings I should have bought ages ago.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:37:53 »
Nop, Dye Sub(limination) is a process to dye keys, with some images instead of legends.

Merci pour l'explication ^^

Well I was thinking about changing my keyboard again (the keycool is pretty good but I miss the numpad ^^)
This said, I'm not sure I wanted it it grey, I would have loved black keys

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:40:08 »

How did I miss the existence of that GB plan?

It was a couple months ago and it never went through because the GB had some family issues. It was a big mess.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:43:41 »
I live in Europe, and I don't mind running this GB for USA and Asia as well with the help of a moderator that wants to help me.

now about the keys, why not in black on grey ... it's not that bad actually ^^
Who can I contact to have an idea about the price? qwerkeys? if so it's already done, I'm waiting an answer ^^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:44:32 »
images=legends
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:46:46 »
images=legends
Yes, that's not what I really meant, my bad. ^^'

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 23:00:19 »
I'd be in for a set of PBTs, as long as it's under $60. Doublshot won't happen though, because of legend fees.

As for that rule #5, I got to read it before it was completely deleted out. Although there are good intentions behind it, I'm not sure if that's the best way to implement it. News guys that want to run group buys have to start somewhere. But at the same time, there MUST be some kind of condition to run one. The reason for that new rule is because of a douche bag named Changdrew that ran a few GB decided to collect money and never ordered anything and just went silent. Ironically, he use to be a moderator. It's just too easy for anyone to take fake orders and run with the money, so there NEEDS to be some kind of rule. How to implement it is up to the mods, but that rule (before it was deleted) was definitely not the best way to screen people.

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 23:32:49 »
I'd definitely be in if QWERkeys would make the set of 37 keys for 100 or less. I really want a set (any set) from them.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 05:45:47 »
I'd definitely be in if QWERkeys would make the set of 37 keys for 100 or less. I really want a set (any set) from them.

what would be the 11 keys missing for my set?

I contacted tem and received an answer yesterday saying me that I have to take contact with them when I know more or les the number of persons that want the set because it's not worth it for only one (to much expensive for one I think). now they didn't give me any price or anything like that, they just say me it is a cool idea (^^) and that it's do-able.

so just let it clear in your post if you want one or not so I can make a list.

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 21:44:07 »
For the chance to make a true "Fus Doh Rah" macro, i might just be in.
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 12:22:21 »
If they came in a dark grey or charcoal I think it'd be pretty cool. Regardless, I'm interested.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 02:19:48 »

what would be the 11 keys missing for my set?

I contacted tem and received an answer yesterday saying me that I have to take contact with them when I know more or les the number of persons that want the set because it's not worth it for only one (to much expensive for one I think). now they didn't give me any price or anything like that, they just say me it is a cool idea (^^) and that it's do-able.

so just let it clear in your post if you want one or not so I can make a list.

Sorry I meant set of 26 =D. I'm definitely interested!

Offline Scirocco

• Not the usual grandma!
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 20:16:14 »
This would be cool. I'd probably take a set.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:04:34 »
I'd be in for a set of PBTs, as long as it's under $60. Doublshot won't happen though, because of legend fees.

As for that rule #5, I got to read it before it was completely deleted out. Although there are good intentions behind it, I'm not sure if that's the best way to implement it. News guys that want to run group buys have to start somewhere. But at the same time, there MUST be some kind of condition to run one. The reason for that new rule is because of a douche bag named Changdrew that ran a few GB decided to collect money and never ordered anything and just went silent. Ironically, he use to be a moderator. It's just too easy for anyone to take fake orders and run with the money, so there NEEDS to be some kind of rule. How to implement it is up to the mods, but that rule (before it was deleted) was definitely not the best way to screen people.

If it is just the 26 keys it should be below $60 I'd think. Probably around $50. Now that racing season is finally over I should be able to get caught up on everything this week/weekend, I have 2000 1x pbt WFJ 1x keys sitting in my living room waiting for the imsto group buy and 600 1.25x mods waiting for my pbt keysets.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 22:33:04 »
That set would look awesome.
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link