Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Soju - GB APPROVED; LOCKED  (Read 102495 times)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - Updated Manufacturer, Kits, and Others!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:05:42 »
Was excited for JTK Soju. Now? Not so much. Never take the easy route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, really quick... I want to address this.
1. What happens if my set sold 1000 of the 3000, and 3-4 designs failed to do the rest of the 2000? Becaues of other's designs, my set would not run.
2. ePBT allowed for a lot of the changes that people requested. For example, JTK would not allow me to remove the top hangul legends nor have a 40s kit.
3. It is not the issue of easy or not, it's the reassurance that my set will be able to run and if it fails, it'll be on me and not factors that I had no control over.
1. Based off of previous and upcoming sets, it’s pretty easy to get a general consensus of what people like and buy. Maybe communicating with other creators and brainstorming what could fill that 2000 margin?
2. On the other hand, a lot of people like myself think the Hangul sublegends looked great on this set. Really great!
3. Why would it be better to fail on your own, rather than trying to put out a top quality product that could be centerpieces to a lot of people’s collections? Maybe it’s just an opinion thing.
Oh and are there still Peach F Keys? I saw a render with them but didn’t see them in the kits

Well I'm not a huge fan of constantly bumping up my own thread, so I apologize!
Anyways...
1. Finding designers who want to work with JTK tripleshot Hangul is not as easy as you think. I do not have a say in their designs. Realistically, I can wait until maybe 5-6 designs are up and we easily reach the 3000; however, that will push back manufacturing time to probably late 2022, and GB run mid 2021. Personally, for my first set, that is quite absurd.
2. Hangul sublegends are still there, but I had a ton of feedback on removing the top sublegends on the keys due to cluster and most Koreans not preferring it. Realistically, my original design did not include the top sublegends as I agree with them; however, JTK molds restricted me to include them.
3. What makes ePBT not as "high quality" as JTK? I'd argue it's much more popular and can still be part of people's collections... This is definitely an opinion thing as the feedback I received on my 2nd IC form resulted in this:

If majority of the people preferred JTK, I would not have switched it. IC forms are there for a reason.

And the F-keys as in F5-F8 are still there in the accent kits, top row.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:24:24 »
The 40s kit is looking really great now with the rework! GLWIC!

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:25:53 »
Either way, good job on the set! It’s just a shame, is all.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:44:03 »
Def joining!! Peach kit just too cute

Offline pool

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 23:06:20 »
Dandruff <3 Congrats on settling on a manufacturer. Good luck!

Offline wencan008

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 00:28:20 »
Disappointed this went ePBT. I won't be joining then, but good luck with IC and GB

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 00:43:08 »
Really digging this set, love it. I'm in.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 06:14:41 »
Looking forward to this, glad to see more ePBT sets.

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 06:22:07 »
Looks hot would only like to see the peach accents have the lighter shade of green rather than the dark owo

Offline bow3i

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 06:47:14 »
JTK honestly would be a far better choice, ePBT hasn't been too interesting tbh

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 21:40:30 »
I think it's a great set and ePBT is fine. I'm not sure why everyone is making a point of letting you know they don't like it. It's literally kinder and easier to just move on and not put a set down.

Offline feltmarker

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:05:06 »
love this set,, i'm in this for sure! makes me thirsty for some soju..
also, soju Sirius hype :3

Offline dandruff

[IC] ePBT Soju - Updated Manufacturer, Kits, and Others!
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 05:20:03 »
Looks hot would only like to see the peach accents have the lighter shade of green rather than the dark owo

Regarding this change, this was definitely taken into consideration, but ultimately, I decided that the dark green looks much better as an accents kit. If I explored the route of having more kits that were oriented around the peach colorway (alphas/mods), I would have went with this; however, as an accent, I decided to ultimately stick with the dark green to have the accent pop out more.

I think it's a great set and ePBT is fine. I'm not sure why everyone is making a point of letting you know they don't like it. It's literally kinder and easier to just move on and not put a set down.

Yeah, based off of the results I got on the form, I am hoping this change will attract more eyes than it is deterring people from it. Based on the results it seemed that ePBT was heavily favored...(Also the signature updated!)

Thank you everyone so far. The support and feedback has been amazing. Also, yeah I’m very excited for all of my collaborations!

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2020, 05:22:21 by dandruff »

Offline Fenshway

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 09:22:25 »
Looks great. I really love the peach kit. I'll be waiting for this set.

Offline fluxlab

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 12:28:56 »
Want

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 15:32:00 »

2. Hangul sublegends are still there, but I had a ton of feedback on removing the top sublegends on the keys due to cluster and most Koreans not preferring it. Realistically, my original design did not include the top sublegends as I agree with them; however, JTK molds restricted me to include them.

Hey I was just curious, but is there any more info on most Koreans not preferring the superlegends?
Like, was this feedback collected in a separate form given to the Korean mechanical keyboard community or was this from an open discussion elsewhere?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 19:45:26 »
Hey I was just curious, but is there any more info on most Koreans not preferring the superlegends?
Like, was this feedback collected in a separate form given to the Korean mechanical keyboard community or was this from an open discussion elsewhere?

Hey! So pre-IC, I had a few people who knew about it reach out to me to remove it after I added it. When IC started, my first IC form had a very large amount of people provide feedback on removing them (even though I addressed I couldn't). On my 2nd IC form, I was spammed with feedback regarding those legends again. Afterward, I asked vendors/Hangul users in the hobby on their thoughts on it, and in the end, it seems that it was a make-or-break for some Koreans or Hangul enthusiasts whilst not being make-or-break for others.

As someone who does not use Hangul, it seemed right to respond to their feedback in this way.

Offline ainet

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 02:14:11 »
I don't like green but the render looks AMAZING!
Good Job guys

Offline tunb

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 03:46:44 »
So nice, but group buy date too long

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 05:36:14 »
GL, Dandruff! Looking forward to actually buy this set!

Offline Xormentor

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 06:37:11 »
Will be picking this up, hopefully there is a r2 one day with grapefruit. Would of been interesting to see responses in an IC on peoples favourite flavour/mod colour.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 06:47:03 »
GL, Dandruff! Looking forward to actually buy this set!

Thank youuuu this means a ton! Already count me in for maestro!

Will be picking this up, hopefully there is a r2 one day with grapefruit. Would of been interesting to see responses in an IC on peoples favourite flavour/mod colour.

Yeah, so when I first designed it, I had all the flavors, but obviously it wasn’t reasonable either due to manu cost or MOQ for each one. Green Grape is my favorite flavor, and Peach seemingly was the most popular overall. Flavors that I considered in the running were grapefruit, Yakult, and Fresh, but ultimately settled with 2 accents. If the run goes well, I will most definitely consider a R2!

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 07:59:52 »
Great looking set, but EPBT makes it a no for me.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 08:20:23 »
1) If it's a no then you don't really have to make a point of saying it.
2) Why do you not like ePBT? Many people seem to be GMK or nothing which only serves to make the hobby less approachable.

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 09:00:24 »
2) Why do you not like ePBT? Many people seem to be GMK or nothing which only serves to make the hobby less approachable.

1) I do have to make a point of saying it, it's important that you know you're losing potential buyers for going with epbt
2) Recent epbt sets have suffered from egregious warping issues to the point where their 1u caps were warped. I wasn't suggesting that the set should be GMK, but I wouldn't buy anything epbt right now and many other feel the same way. It would be a buy for me if it was infinikey.

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 10:45:09 »
1) I do have to make a point of saying it, it's important that you know you're losing potential buyers for going with epbt
2) Recent epbt sets have suffered from egregious warping issues to the point where their 1u caps were warped. I wasn't suggesting that the set should be GMK, but I wouldn't buy anything epbt right now and many other feel the same way. It would be a buy for me if it was infinikey.
[/quote]

I suppose that makes sense. Why is Infinikey so trusted?

Offline dandruff

[IC] ePBT Soju - Updated Manufacturer, Kits, and Others!
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:30:40 »

Although I/they may be wrong, if warping is the main issue why ePBT is driven away, I contacted them and obviously there’s a chance of it’s just PR, but they said warping should be fixed from Ivory and on. So when Ivory fully ships, we’ll all see if warping is an issue! If it is true, it’ll be very reassuring for me.

Also, based on the results I got, it does seem that going with JTK would have encouraged less buyers than ePBT would. So regardless of which manufacturer I went with, I’d be technically “losing” buyers. Impossible to please everyone.

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 13:12:07 by dandruff »

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:39:43 »

I suppose that makes sense. Why is Infinikey so trusted?
[/quote]

It's not that they're so trusted, it's that epbt has been so **** lately.

Although I/they may be wrong, if warping is the main issue why ePBT is driven away, I contacted them and obviously there’s a chance of it’s just PR, but they said warping should be fixed from Ivory and on. So when Ivory fully ships, we’ll all see if warping is an issue! If it is true, it’ll be very reassuring for me.

Also, based on the results I got, it does seem that going with JTK would have encouraged less buyers than ePBT would. So regardless of which manufacturer I went with, I’d be technically “losing” buyers. Impossible to please everyone.

The last I saw from them they were telling people that they got new molds for their mods not even realizing that their 1u keys were warping as well. It would be great if they did actually fix their issues, but I'd have to see it for myself to purchase any epbt.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:48:24 »
The last I saw from them they were telling people that they got new molds for their mods not even realizing that their 1u keys were warping as well. It would be great if they did actually fix their issues, but I'd have to see it for myself to purchase any epbt.

As far as I’m concerned from my conversation with them and what I said, their newest molds will be apparent in Ivory which hasn’t shipped yet, right? How can you be so set on their warping on something that hasn’t been in-hand. But I guess we’ll both see! Hopefully the production of the next few ePBT sets come out successful to help you give ePBT another chance!

« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 13:08:21 by dandruff »

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 17:07:59 »
dandruff!! love the novelties, the colour scheme will look really great for the artisan/deskmat collabs. glwgb!

Offline lach64

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 02:43:53 »
any possibility for colemak kit?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 06:29:09 »
any possibility for colemak kit?

Likely not due to this set's theme of Soju, hangul in Colemak layout simple does not exist (to my knowledge), and Colemak Latin legends alone would end up disregarding the sublegend idea. Also out of all the responses I received for IC, the demand is not there; I believe your comment was the first to ask for it :(. Sorryyy

Offline ZLightningZAP

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 13:51:29 »
Excited. Cant wait for this to run.

Offline cbbplanet

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 17:55:23 »
Just want to say gluck w/ this set! seems like a fun set.

regarding epbt vs infinikey.. they are quite similar. It'll be hit or miss regarding warped keys. You may just have to communicate better on how QC is done and do it yourself

Offline bomdalbit

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 15:27:08 »
Super excited for this set! As a Korean I need more hangul sets in my life.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 16:05:40 »
I see a 40s kit & love the colors; definitely interested!!!

Offline nico.psd

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 13:45:22 »
Oh god this is beautiful, take my money!

Offline njrobb

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 00:16:57 »
Just wanted to say I really love the colours on this set! The theme is cool too. I've never experienced ePBT before as I'm very new to the hobby but im down to give them a try. Count me in! I'll be joining the GB  :thumb:

Nice work!

Offline Allkchi

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 09:23:44 »
Do you have renders of the desk mat yet?

Offline GSPADE

• THOK® thok.design
    • THOK®
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 04:30:16 »
I love soju <3 this is great

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 19:21:06 »
I never thought I'd say this but the shot glasses are so cute how can you not love it

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 21:01:27 »
Definitely in for this kit, so glad to see canadian vendors for this GB.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 16:31:56 »
Only just realized the grapes have faces

Offline yenel

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 03:59:40 »
I like yogurt soju! really like the peach accents
Plastic GH60 | Rukia 1.5 | Orion v2.5 | Kei | Aria | Ciel Proto | Room40 | Jelly60 & Pro | TFV2 | Phantom TKL

G80-1800 | IBM M122 | AEK M0115 | AEK II M3501 | Zenith Z-150 | SGI Granite & Beige

Offline Xari

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 02:13:50 »
I can't wait .. the peach accent looks amazing.

Offline MonoKeebs

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 06:49:38 »
Yes! I'll take two please :)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - Updated Renders, Collabs, Kits, and New News
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:17:37 »
What's new?
1. Novelties kit now has a few more keys to fill out bottom row for WKL! (https://i.imgur.com/klEvLQ2.jpg)
2. International kit! (https://i.imgur.com/iTAArfg.png)
3. Collabs/renders updated (go back to page 1!)
4. Deskmat is postponed (sorry). There were issues regarding my first deskmat designer and a vendor, so I apologize for the delay on the deskmats. The new designer will be Shannie! (Illustrated weight design for Cloudline)
5. I will be exploring THOK for my metal cap. (https://thok.click/)
6. For GB date confirmation, I am just waiting until ePBT finalizes reverse dye-sub technology for their ePBT Samurai set. As soon as they confirm that it is working, the GB date will be finalized.

Sorry again for the delay on the metal cap and deskmats! Renders of them will be up as soon as possible!!!
Been busy, I did not mean to ghost my IC  :'(

And added in to the beginning of my IC
SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED SPACEBAR WARP IS FIXED
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:48:10 by dandruff »

Offline BeachFan69

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - Updated renders, collabs, kits, and new news
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:31:02 »
love this

Offline hwangsta

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - New news! updated renders, collabs, kits 12/10
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 15:56:22 »
Stoked for this set!  Can't wait!

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] ePBT Soju - GB DATE CONFIRMED!
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 04:05:46 »
REALLY short but MASSIVE UPDATE:

GB DATE IS CONFIRMED FOR:
January 29th, 2021 - February 24th, 2021

Last few things to do:
- Wait for the metal cap to be done (by end of the year) [almost done!]
- Wait for deskmat designs (early January) [due to designer switch]
- Get cost from manufacturer (calculating rn, so should be soon)
- Get samples to confirm colors (in progress but may take a while)

Oh, also might as well finally start using Instagram for publicity... maybe I should've started a bit earlier with updates and such, but for future designs and/or other things: Instagram: Dandruffkb

THANK YOU AGAIN AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 December 2020, 10:21:56 by dandruff »