Author Topic: Warcraft 3 Reforged..  (Read 2599 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Warcraft 3 Reforged..
« on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 17:16:06 »
What happened ?

I don't understand ..

How come it still looks like poop.. ?

The current game doesn't look ANYTHING like in the Demo Trailer they released ..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Warcraft 3 Reforged..
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 17:24:18 »
Maybe, they uploaded the wrong file pack ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 17:47:29 »
It's literally the same garbage character models and animations from 16 years ago with new textures applied. Wow that's lazy. And from Blizz/Activision who have all the money in the world and talent at their fingertips, and this is the trash they churn out. ****IN KEK

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:01:47 »
I think the issue might just be contrast.

The old shadow details were Art-ted into the texture, because computers didn't have enough power to do real time shadows.

The new version has real time shadow, but the shadows are too light, the entire game looks flat.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:07:59 »
It's literally the same garbage character models and animations from 16 years ago with new textures applied. Wow that's lazy. And from Blizz/Activision who have all the money in the world and talent at their fingertips, and this is the trash they churn out. ****IN KEK

Let's be clear that this wasn't Blizzard's work. It was outsourced to a different studio for updating.

Not that Blizzard isn't at fault here though. They let this steaming pile come out as it is, which never should have happened.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:27:14 »
remember when blizzard made good games
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:33:23 »

Let's be clear that this wasn't Blizzard's work. It was outsourced to a different studio for updating.

Not that Blizzard isn't at fault here though. They let this steaming pile come out as it is, which never should have happened.

Ohhh I didn't realize it was a different studio. even so...

remember when blizzard made good games

What was their last good game? Starcraft 2? (I've never played Overwatch, all the characters seem super annoying which totally turned me off the concept)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:35:24 by noisyturtle »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:37:48 »

That studio did work on alot of other blockbusters like dark souls,

so.... clearly something's up with the parent company.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:48:56 »

That studio did work on alot of other blockbusters like dark souls,

so.... clearly something's up with the parent company.

Everything I'm reading says the studio is Blizz. And to be frank, if you are talking Dark Souls Remastered -  that was a horrible remaster. Everything looks like it's coated in wet plastic, and the lighting is completely ****ed. There's parts where the terrible lighting engine legitimately ruins an entire area's atmosphere.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 01:56:42 »
It looks exactly the same as the original xD . Even the crappy animations are still there!

W3 might've been the last good game Blizzard did, come to think of it, actually. I played Overwatch for a bit, but then realised it's actually super boring, and I still haven't forgiven them for the absolute AFFRONT that was Diablo 3. What a crime against humanity!
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Coreda

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 03:53:00 »
And to be frank, if you are talking Dark Souls Remastered -  that was a horrible remaster. Everything looks like it's coated in wet plastic, and the lighting is completely ****ed. There's parts where the terrible lighting engine legitimately ruins an entire area's atmosphere.

* Coreda holds onto pre-remaster install

despite still having never finished it

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 07:28:20 »
What happened ?

I don't understand ..

How come it still looks like poop.. ?

The current game doesn't look ANYTHING like in the Demo Trailer they released ..

Show Image

The developers downgraded it as a cash saver

Do not buy this game. You would be better off with Doom Eternal or even the original command and conquer.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 05:29:55 »
I would rather them remake Warcraft 2.
This one looks same as old version, I will never pay that much for something that only runs on 4k.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 06:29:32 »
This one looks same as old version, I will never pay that much for something that only runs on 4k.
Aw man, W2 was the first game I ever bought for myself :D . Great game, if somewhat limited in scope.

One thing I hope from any remake is that they lift the stupid unit selection cap. That always pissed me off xD .

The complete bull**** Blizzard response doesn't help here either tbh xD . I guess that when buying Blizzard nowadays, caveat emptor :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 07:25:24 »
Aw man, W2 was the first game I ever bought for myself :D . Great game, if somewhat limited in scope.

One thing I hope from any remake is that they lift the stupid unit selection cap. That always pissed me off xD .

The complete bull**** Blizzard response doesn't help here either tbh xD . I guess that when buying Blizzard nowadays, caveat emptor :p .

Yep, loved that game as well:)
I remember when it came out, many of us had to upgrade our PCs as old 386 were too slow:)
I remember I ran it on Pentium 75MHz.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::