Author Topic: GMK white/dark grey US/GB full set + 'Gamer' add-on {Closed}  (Read 246177 times)

Offline GeorgeK

So what do we think the chance of 85 orders in 5 days is then?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline GeorgeK

I see we have an optimist in our ranks :p
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I see we have an optimist in our ranks :p

That's the only option now till the deadline.  Because if every single GMK Group Order is announced no one would ever bother to sign up because you know what the outcome will be.

Sad but totally true now  :'( :'( :'( :'( .

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
unless we have some vendors interest in this :p

well kinda sad but hey, this is wallethack, GB is every where and everytime, we still have more GMK stuffs to come, just a little longer waiting (but hopefully not like Toxic, lol)
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Maybe we should start a poll and ask who is willing to buy a second set.

If I knew this way we reach MOQ I would do so in a heartbeat. It's like 100% certain we all will be able to sell the extra set again a couple of days/weeks after we got the keys. When people start to see the real sets they will finally understand how awesome this color scheme is for mix 'n' match.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Maybe we should start a poll and ask who is willing to buy a second set.

If I knew this way we reach MOQ I would do so in a heartbeat. It's like 100% certain we all will be able to sell the extra set again a couple of days/weeks after we got the keys. When people start to see the real sets they will finally understand how awesome this color scheme is for mix 'n' match.

I'm already down for 3 or 4 complete sets but I won't go to 10 or 15 (not that much in love with GMK).  Just sick and tired dealing with those inept idiots at SP.

I keep hoping this Group Buy goes through because I have a sickening feeling that SP is happy to see our failure in taking off  >:( .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
I don't think there's much point trying to drag it out past deadline, it's been open for ages so people have had more than enough time to  order.

Honestly I think the best thing moving forward is to just start a new GB with a new colorway. People love their colors around here and I just feel like this is a little bit too muted for some people.  In saying that I think Ivan got the perfect mix when it comes to including the right number of keys while still keeping the price down.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
agreed, just lock this thread and start a new IC :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

Honestly I see less and less of a point in IC threads for GMK orders. People just argue over unnecessary rubbish and insist they're not going to order if they don't get their way even though we all know they will. There's also the lost time, better off just starting a GB with a 1 month deadline, if it makes it then awesome. If not then start another GB and roll the dice.

I suppose it's hard finding a happy medium, if you leave the IC thread open too long then chances are some responders aren't even interested anymore. Leave it open not long enough and people miss the thread.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

Honestly I see less and less of a point in IC threads for GMK orders. People just argue over unnecessary rubbish and insist they're not going to order if they don't get their way even though we all know they will. There's also the lost time, better off just starting a GB with a 1 month deadline, if it makes it then awesome. If not then start another GB and roll the dice.

I suppose it's hard finding a happy medium, if you leave the IC thread open too long then chances are some responders aren't even interested anymore. Leave it open not long enough and people miss the thread.

I totally agree with that. Interest checks make no sense for GMK GBs. While it's no problem to include special sets for SP Group Buys (MOQ of 25) it doesn't make sense to cater to minority interests.

I guess the only thing we can take from this failed GB is the final base set. It includes every reasonable key and in my opinion could even be trimmed a little more by skipping the extra ISO numer row keys. If Ivan can come up with a nice 2-tone color scheme set before Ctrl-Alt launches their first GMK GB we have chance to get "low price" GMK set.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
If Ivan can come up with a nice 2-tone color scheme set before Ctrl-Alt launches their first GMK GB we have chance to get "low price" GMK set.

The trick here is to actually have run a working GMK Group Buy that includes all the keys necessary to fill a normal Cherry type keyboard.  I don't care about the cost too much just as long as we actually have conducted a successful Group Buy in which GMK takes our money and starts physically making them.

Is that too much to ask for in this day and age?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
If Ivan can come up with a nice 2-tone color scheme set before Ctrl-Alt launches their first GMK GB we have chance to get "low price" GMK set.

The trick here is to actually have run a working GMK Group Buy that includes all the keys necessary to fill a normal Cherry type keyboard.  I don't care about the cost too much just as long as we actually have conducted a successful Group Buy in which GMK takes our money and starts physically making them.

Honestly I think the number of people with unusual Cherry boards actually in use is probably pretty low, people just butcher them for caps usually.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

It shoudn't be, but apparently it is.

The good thing is Bunnylake will deliver with the GMK sets eventually. It just won't be as "cheap" as Ivan's offer. Don't ask me why people refuse to see that Ivan has the best prices around for GMK stuff. I mean people happily pay 50$ for 10 colored Mod keys, but won't pay 100$ for a complete 104key set plus extras. Just doesn't make sense...

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
I'd kill for a GMK red alert set.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
But we need to discuss the color scheme and things like packs, deadline,... dont we :/ we can't just open a GB that changes too much (like this), I mean, we must find a final set up and then stick to it.

If we open a new GB now without an IC, what would it be? A re-run of this means nothing cause we can't hit the moq now, what the rerun GB has to avoid moq fail again? Honestly I thing a 2tone set is way more better, people just feel less atractive to mono-tone, not much relize the advantage of mix-match things...

//look at what happen with Dolch, Handarbeit, Toxic, I really dont like the scene in which all these vendors run "groupbuy", the price, just insane
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

Show Image

This, and a Raknarok too :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Honestly I think the number of people with unusual Cherry boards actually in use is probably pretty low, people just butcher them for caps usually.

Exactly!

Many people have vintage Cherry sets in good condition that only miss a few keys to be used on modern boards.

Why does nobody run this exact set in different colors with GMK to make those vintage sets compatible with Filco style boards?

What about White on Burgundy? White on Royal Blue? Things like this would go well with beige/black cherry sets...

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 07:30:40 by LechnerDE »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
But we need to discuss the color scheme and things like packs, deadline,... dont we :/ we can't just open a GB that changes too much (like this), I mean, we must find a final set up and then stick to it.

We've done that all before and it still didn't make it. I trust Ivan with the colorway selection and from the looks of things the packs and deadline are good. Just the colorway is a problem at this point.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Yeah, the main thing is colorway, we can discuss here but it's like only less than 10 people keep up with the thread, but if we do a GMK version of common SP things like RA, CCnG,... that sounds ok too because everyone seems to love these color scheme
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
I'd personally love to see a classic color scheme like Dolch but with colored legends. Yellow or red on Dolch would look awesome, would be different, and would have wide appeal I'd think.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
The good thing is Bunnylake will deliver with the GMK sets eventually. It just won't be as "cheap" as Ivan's offer. Don't ask me why people refuse to see that Ivan has the best prices around for GMK stuff. I mean people happily pay 50$ for 10 colored Mod keys, but won't pay 100$ for a complete 104key set plus extras. Just doesn't make sense...

I never had any problems with Ivan because I bought from him before, you couldn't find a more honest and decent individual that always keeps you informed at any time of day or night.  I can't understand why everyone is keeping away from his Group Buys?

Maybe BunnyLake can carry the baton further with this because I would love for him to set the pace for an ALL NON-INVOLVEMENT of SIGNATURE PLASTICS within a Group Buy.  That I would pay for handsomely.  GMK can deliver us what we've all been lusting for and it has to start this year 2014.

Sick and tired of spending my money only at one place and it's time to be generous with the ONLY original Cherry Key manufacturer left on this planet.  We desperately need this more than anything now  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

Offline Snooter

Show Image

I would order a Red Alert set from GMK so fast, in fact I'd probably order at least 3... By far my favorite color scheme to date.

I just put my order in today even though I doubt it will be much help, I was really hoping this would go through so I could have my first taste of a full GMK set. A couple people have mentioned they have full sets from GMK already and I am just wondering what they are. I have been away from GH for about a year or so and when I come back GMK is all the rage but I've only seen the one GB Sherry put together, were there any more?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear

Show Image

I also really like this set, but am not willing to pay the robbery price for that special edition keyboard when we can do it for so much less. Perhaps we can just do this red/white if the current one falls through and use the same key selection.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

Show Image

I also really like this set, but am not willing to pay the robbery price for that special edition keyboard when we can do it for so much less. Perhaps we can just do this red/white if the current one falls through and use the same key selection.

I nearly pulled the trigger on one about a month ago but decided against it with the GB's coming up.

Offline Snooter

Show Image

I nearly pulled the trigger on one about a month ago but decided against it with the GB's coming up.

Was there a GB for that whole keyboard recently?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder

Show Image

Was there a GB for that whole keyboard recently?

Nah I was going to proxy one from China.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
A WoR modifiers to go with that is great also :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Nope, Red on White please. If ivan ok, we can go to Red on White/Beige :P

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
Nope, Red on White please. If ivan ok, we can go to Red on White/Beige :P

I think if we want it to succeed we need to do different colors for mods and alphas. Look around at other group buys, orders for the matching mods/alphas are always chronically low.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I don't like 2tones... :( I like mono, it looks more modern. To have both would be ideal if it wasn't for cost.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:29:26 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I don't like 2tones... :(

That's why you run a reversed set next.

This way you can sneakily assemble a monotone set for yourself :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I don't like 2tones... :( I like mono, it looks more modern.

However most people do... I also think that this GB lost against the other two tone available now. After all, Dolch is two tone, and that is part of its attractiveness.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
An inverted classic white/beige is one of those exceptions... Like the Commodore style. I would like to do a modern repro of that.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
An inverted classic white/beige is one of those exceptions... Like the Commodore style. I would like to do a modern repro of that.

Pictures?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

Show Image

Ivan,  if it looks like that I want 4 sets of everything.   Please make it happen.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:54:15 by Elrick »

Offline gh_pp

Show Image

This looks really nice. Dark legend means this can be PBT dyesub instead of ABS DS right?
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline Halvar

No. Machete don't text, and GMK don't dyesub and don't PBT.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Show Image

This combination is very cool.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
I like the original classic beige which is already hard to find, this one is also neat though would be in for a set.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline ebacho

I don't really care what color scheme we go for next, anything except Dolch at this point..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I don't really care what color scheme we go for next, anything except Dolch at this point..

A man of culture and understanding.  For gawd sake, no Dolch Colour-ways if you can avoid it.  There hasn't been a decent commodore style one done just yet and this may be the one.

Offline ebacho

To say I'm sad this doesn't look like it's going to make it is an understatement, to say the least.

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
IvanIvanovich, I filed a new order for two sets. Please disregard the old one for one set. Maybe we get somewhere if a few more people do that -- game on, guys ! 8)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline gojira54

Okay added +1 to my order

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
We've had a good push in the last few days. Getting pretty close now with the full set at least with only 50 short of goal. The Add on has a good way to go though still.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
We've had a good push in the last few days. Getting pretty close now with the full set at least with only 50 short of goal. The Add on has a good way to go though still.

This is good news!! Hopefully we can get the needed orders to make this happen!!!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

That's really awesome news!

If it makes a difference, I'll order a second set and sell it later to help out as well.

Offline avtar

I don't really have a keyboard anymore that warrants getting this set but I'll take one for the team.

Offline gojira54

I don't need and can't really afford a second set at the moment but if that's the only way to get these keys then so be it :)
go go go