Author Topic: Havit HV-KB390L Low-Profile Mechanical Keyboard w/ Blue Kailh PG-1350 switches  (Read 15110 times)

Offline dante

Since 2011 I have been buying, selling, buying, returning, buying, selling, buying, returning mechanical keyboards over and over to the point where I went back to membrane keyboards out of complete dissatisfaction with what the market offered.

If I had to narrow down my main criticism it would be that for almost three decades I have been able to type comfortably without the aid of a wrist rest.  For whatever reason I am very dispassionate about needing a slab of wood for typing.  Some artisans certainly make some attractive samples but I'd much rather do without it.

Anyway, I bought a Havit TKL w/ the new Blue Kailh PG-1350 switches and it is great!  Some will call these ML clones but honestly compared to these Cherry ML feels like Cherry MY (ie: MY sucks.)

As far as the switch and what it feels / sounds like ...

First of all realize I do NOT like MX Blue switches but not for the reasons you think.  I feel like out of all the MX switches the Blues feel much more radically different depending on the board and keycaps that are used - not to mention what batch they are from.  Out of all the MX Blue boards I've tried only the CM Storm XT really made me take notice on how good Blues could be.

So the best way I could describe the switch is a crisp MX Blue with 1/3 of the travel removed.  Alps are still more tactile but you won't get them in this format.  As a huge fan of scissor switches this is a damn nice switch!

But most important I can type very comfortably now without a wrist rest!  Fantastic!

Is it endgame?  I think so!  This is now my only keyboard at home now.  If Havit releases red or brown PG-1350's I may get one for work as well.

What else ... the keycaps are OK.  I think they are double shot but not sure.  I've sent emails to Havit to confirm but haven't heard back yet.  Considering the number of $30-$50 Chinese boards on ebay that come with doubleshots I don't think these would be painted.  AFAIK The $150 WASD Code is one of the last backlit keyboards to use painted keycaps.  :-X

Speaking of the keycaps they come with a very professional looking font.  The only oddity would be the "Ent" for Enter.

Anyhow, I'm terrible at writing reviews so if you feel I've left something out or want to ask questions let me know!

Offline z3r0_k00l75

I've got one of these on order as well. I'm glad to see you are so happy with yours. I agree almost entirely with your assessment of cherry blues. I hated the feel of them in my Leopold but loved them in an Adesso I later bought. If you could take the time I'd appreciate it if you could post some pictures of yours. All I've found on the internet so far are the press releases that Havit put out and they are very much lacking in detail.
Daily Drivers: GON NerD60 (PBT / Gateron Black / UV LED), GH60 Rev.C (PBT / Gateron Black), WASD Code VP3 (Stock / Cherry Clear / White LED), NPKC KC60 (DS PBT / Gateron Green / White LED), Adesso 625UB (White English-Russian Thick PBT/ Cherry Red), Quickfire Rapid (Vortex PBT / Cherry Black), Quickfire Rapid-I (Stock+o-rings / Cherry Red / Green LED), Leopold Otaku (Black Gray mixed Dolch Thick PBT / Cherry Red).

Offline dante

Exactly what photos do you need to see?  Pretty much looks the same as Amazon's photos?

I only state this as I don't have a smart phone - still rocking a flip phone and can't upload photos with it.

Offline Myk!

Good to know that you like it Dante. I ordered this yesterday and hoping to receive it next week. Keycaps are UV coated according to them.

It will be my first time to really use a low profile switch. To my count, that will be my 22nd. Though I already tried one during our Keyboard Meetup here in Manila. Here is a Rakk Keyboard with Kailh Red Switch

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 June 2017, 04:06:02 by Myk! »

Offline dante

Keycaps are UV coated according to them.

So what you are saying is they are not double shot?  (ie: They are painted?)

Offline Myk!

Yes painted only like razer, cooler master and corsair

Sent from my FL02 using Tapatalk

Offline dante

Well that sucks ...............................................................

Offline Myk!

Well that sucks ...............................................................
I guess there still no doubleshot mold for ML type switches. The Rakk with Kailh Red is painted caps too. Limited customization on the caps. Still, I ordered one.

I like low profile caps like DSA so I give this a try and they are new kailhs too. Hoping the quality is way better now.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
BLUE Kailh MLs? Are these the clicky ones? I thought they were white Oo .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline dante

Yes they are Blue clicky.  I don't know if they changed their mind or what.  The Kailh clicky Box switches are white.

Offline Jibsey

Yes they are Blue clicky.  I don't know if they changed their mind or what.  The Kailh clicky Box switches are white.

They're actually Dare-U branded switches - with the switches being marked with their logo, as the keyboard is exactly the same as the Dare-U low profile keyboard. Don't know who makes the switches though, still pretty much the same anyway.

One of the representatives on r/mk actually states that they're different : https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6hl7fv/news_havit_released_hvkb390l_the_thinnest_87key/

Offline FoxWolf1

They're actually Dare-U branded switches - with the switches being marked with their logo, as the keyboard is exactly the same as the Dare-U low profile keyboard. Don't know who makes the switches though, still pretty much the same anyway.

One of the representatives on r/mk actually states that they're different : https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6hl7fv/news_havit_released_hvkb390l_the_thinnest_87key/

Still Kailh. The switches have both Kailh and Dare-U logos.

Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Vladimir

• Professional Dream Crusher

Show Image

What's up with these stabilizers?
How tall are the keycaps?

Matias Mini Quiet Pro              Noppoo Nano 75-S Brown

Offline dante

Show Image

What's up with these stabilizers?
How tall are the keycaps?

I don't have a ruler to properly measure but I can say the stabilizers work exceptionally well.

The only downsides I've encountered thus far are the detachable cable and non-doubleshot keycaps.

I haven't had issues with the cable but I only see it as a potential point of failure.

The polar apologists are in two camps:
1. Fix it yourself!  What a great excuse to heat up the Hakko!  I love the smell or solder in the morning!
-or-
2. Eh, I'll just toss it in the trash. It's only $60 - I'll just buy another one.

But for all I know it may be more durable than most who have tried.  At least you don't have to deal with a channel with the typical clips that never hold a cable in.

Offline Bella_Hwang

• * Commercial Vendor
    • www.kailhswitch.com
yes,the white is blue clicky feel

Dongguan City Kaihua Electronics Co,Ltd

http://www.kailhswitch.com
http://www.kailh.com
Email:sales12@kailh.com

Offline Bella_Hwang

• * Commercial Vendor
    • www.kailhswitch.com
The switch brand belongs to Kailh,not Dare-U Switches and they only do the keyboard,Kailh just have cooperated with them

Dongguan City Kaihua Electronics Co,Ltd

http://www.kailhswitch.com
http://www.kailh.com
Email:sales12@kailh.com