geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3348/3391) > >>

TheWonderBubble:
So currently I use a Razer Black Widow Chroma Stealth with their orange switches in it for my work. I'm looking to replace this board for a few reasons but I don't actually dislike the switch feel. For anyone familiar with them, what tactile switch would be a good replacement? I wouldn't mind something slightly less mushy/more positive, but overall I'm pretty happy with these for the typing I do at work. The current info on Razer's site shows a box-style stem [ + ] whereas mine have the MX style +, so I'm not sure if the information there is still accurate or not (I was given this keyboard a couple years ago).

Learis:
I've seen that stacking two 1.5mm thick o-rings (3.0mm thickness total) causes the travel distance on cherry-profile keycaps to shorten to the point where a few switches don't actuate unless I mash the key.

I decided to order special o-rings that are 2.5mm. Can anyone confirm if this is safe for cherry profile and will always give enough travel distance for actuation? I'll honestly find out in a week or so when they come in, but the suspense is killing me. It's killing meeee!!!!

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: Learis on Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:09:36 ---I've seen that stacking two 1.5mm thick o-rings (3.0mm thickness total) causes the travel distance on cherry-profile keycaps to shorten to the point where a few switches don't actuate unless I mash the key.

I decided to order special o-rings that are 2.5mm. Can anyone confirm if this is safe for cherry profile and will always give enough travel distance for actuation? I'll honestly find out in a week or so when they come in, but the suspense is killing me. It's killing meeee!!!!

--- End quote ---

There is also hardness to consider as softer rings compress more allowing more travel.  I think you'll have to wait and see, if you can survive that long :-X

Learis:
I can now confirm that 2.5mm thick o-rings are still definitely too thick for cherry profile at least. They nearly work, but for maybe 1 in 5 switches they're still too thick to where you have to mash or at least do a more forceful press to actuate the key. And this is more prevelant for some reason on the top row. I am using standard durock linear switches.

Oh well. I'm sticking to the normal 1.5mm thick orings I have which work fine. Maybe I'll experiment with 2mm orings in the future.

SlotH42:
I woke up this morning and turned on my PC and my poker 2 caps lock is blinking. It wont type anything. I have tried holding down fn + r to restore to factory settings, but nothing seems to register. I plugged it into another PC only to have the same issue. I have not found very much info on this searching on line other than a few people saying it could be a firmware issue?? Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?
I have tried downloading the firmware from ikbckeyboard however after I extract the file and run the application the button that says "okay" to update the firmware is not working I cant click it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version