Author Topic: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 237476 times)

Offline 28.8kbps

Re: [GB] Space65:CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (GB ends 4/17)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:13:14 »
Are all the bumper at the bottom right corner by default black? the build from Alexotos is golden. Any way we can have it in different colors?

Hello, at this time my plan is to use PVD Black Brass for the L-shaped badge all across (the black PVD shows to be reliable for the Think6.5 GB). What Alex received was a prototype the brass has not been PVD coated yet.

The Black and Gold still have the golden L-shaped ?
It was a big part of my choise for this one....

You’d want the L-shaped piece to match the gold? Not just be in brass right?

Offline Naja

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:22:34 »
Are all the bumper at the bottom right corner by default black? the build from Alexotos is golden. Any way we can have it in different colors?

Hello, at this time my plan is to use PVD Black Brass for the L-shaped badge all across (the black PVD shows to be reliable for the Think6.5 GB). What Alex received was a prototype the brass has not been PVD coated yet.

No brass it's fine for me.

Even if it's not the exact same tint of "golden" color than the other parts, it make an balance on the color that are visible on the keyboard.
if the L-shapes piece is not golden or brass, the Black and "gold"  will be a little bit bland...

If i knew that before ordering, my choice would have been for sure different...

(Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my native language)
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:39:57 by Naja »

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:49:05 »

Even if it's not the exact same tint of "golden" color than the other parts, it make an balance on the color that are visible on the keyboard.
if the L-shapes piece is not golden or brass, the Black and "gold"  will be a little bit bland...

You can still mail Potter,he will change color

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:38:08 »

You can still mail Potter,he will change color

I think we need confirmation on colours before we start changing our orders.

It’s not a huge dealbreaker me, but I would love the L-shaped piece to be the same colour as the logo backplate piece for all the designs. Just a little accent would look so nice.

Offline Naja

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:54:23 »

It’s not a huge dealbreaker me, but I would love the L-shaped piece to be the same colour as the logo backplate piece for all the designs. Just a little accent would look so nice.

I will wait for Airpotter reply.

But i hope for "naked brass", or  them change the order is possible...
It's my first custom keyboard, i want it perfect^^

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:56:52 »

[/quote]

I am quite certain potter said the L-shaped brass piece will be black PVD... Based on the Think6.5 brass badges and weights the black PVD looks quite good.

Offline dzbro

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 17:21:44 »
I can't wait. Just placed my order for the black/gold.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:43:14 »
I can't wait. Just placed my order for the black/gold.

^-^ ^-^

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 22:59:08 »

I am quite certain potter said the L-shaped brass piece will be black PVD... Based on the Think6.5 brass badges and weights the black PVD looks quite good.
[/quote]

If its possible to have it as an add-on or able to amend the the L shaped piece to brass it would be awesome. really brings out the whole look on the keyboard as shown in alexotos build stream.  :thumb:

Offline bryanwafu

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 00:25:31 »
i think the L shaped brass of alexotos looks more stunning than just plain black. brass color serves as an accent.

Offline guy0naBuffal0

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 00:55:34 »
Wanted to see what Godspeed would look like on white...so I made it in Lego! Already had the caps, so why not?
Combined two of my favorite hobbies. Now I just have to work out the badge colors...red? dk blue? something else?

Offline nicx

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 01:38:20 »
i think the L shaped brass of alexotos looks more stunning than just plain black. brass color serves as an accent.

I agree, whatever scheme Alexotos built looks great. Grey/black case, gold back weight and L-shape weight.

Still cant decide between Robocop or Schrodinger.

Offline MagicMicky

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 03:43:08 »
Wanted to see what Godspeed would look like on white...so I made it in Lego! Already had the caps, so why not?
Combined two of my favorite hobbies. Now I just have to work out the badge colors...red? dk blue? something else?

That's amazing that's exactly my goal! Took white gold with the set of led accents! I'm thinking gold would probably look ok, I also took pink badge cause i want to see what it would look like as well :D

I still need to get the Godspeed on aftermarket though!

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 03:59:23 »

I agree, whatever scheme Alexotos built looks great. Grey/black case, gold back weight and L-shape weight.

Still cant decide between Robocop or Schrodinger.

I think alexotos has brass L-shaped piece and brass logo piece, because the colours are so similar.

If the Robocop came like this I would 100% switch my order. I LOVE THAT LOOK!

Maybe we could have an option for naked or painted plates? Or if that's too much of a pain just offer one more colour way that includes a brass L-shaped piece and brass logo piece?

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I think a lot of people agree it would really finish it off.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 04:07:11 »

AHAHAHAHA you are crazy, I love you!

Offline Stanley.Bishop

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 06:51:01 »
While this case is beautiful in all colors, brass L-shape is a huge deal for me. I don't care if it doesn't match exactly with golden weight/badge, I would still go for that combo. And if there was an option for everything brass, I would never want another.

Can we please finalize colors until GB is over? I'm pretty sure Potter said it would be brass previously., but all renders are with black.

I still hasn't pressed the "buy" button exactly because I'm still deciding on extra weight/badges I want to get, and L-shape gonna impact the choice immensely.

Cheers :)

Offline KANG HOJIN

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 07:36:10 »
hello. Several individual orders have already cost a lot of shipping. How can I solve the problem of shipping cost when I purchase more?

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 08:45:43 »
Reply to the email confirmation on your order. tell them to merge your order together.

Offline dzbro

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 10:41:59 »
Oh man. I didn't realize the L shaped piece would be black.. Fingers crossed that it is brass, I really liked that accent.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 11:43:31 »
I've responded to the order email a couple of days ago about adding another board to the order but have yet to receive a reply. How long does it normally take? I don't want to miss out on the GB for my second board.

Also, what shade of pink is on the extras? I can't see any pics of them. Would any of the pink extras go with GMK 8008 or are they a totally different shade of pink?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:04:33 »
I've responded to the order email a couple of days ago about adding another board to the order but have yet to receive a reply. How long does it normally take? I don't want to miss out on the GB for my second board.

Also, what shade of pink is on the extras? I can't see any pics of them. Would any of the pink extras go with GMK 8008 or are they a totally different shade of pink?

Hi you can place the order and email me about merging shipping (with the 2 order numbers), the 2nd board will cost a bit less (2 boards $60, separately is $80) in shipping and I will refund the difference to you.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:05:28 »
hello. Several individual orders have already cost a lot of shipping. How can I solve the problem of shipping cost when I purchase more?

Hi you can place the order and email me about merging shipping (with the order numbers), for example, the 2nd board will cost a bit less (2 boards $60, separately is $80) in shipping and I will refund the difference to you.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:06:27 »

Hi you can place the order and email me about merging shipping (with the order numbers), for example, the 2nd board will cost a bit less (2 boards $60, separately is $80) in shipping and I will refund the difference to you.

Awesome, thank you.

And what about the shade of pink? Do you have any pictures or anything? Would it go with GMK 8008?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:44:57 »

Awesome, thank you.

And what about the shade of pink? Do you have any pictures or anything? Would it go with GMK 8008?

Yes, check this one out.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:10:46 »

Awesome, thank you.

Yes, check this one out.

Show Image

Thanks very much.

I've just placed the order and sent you the email.

Offline willyG

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 16:48:11 »
will yok trash pandas work with this? I would be pulling them from a hotswap PCB which I bought prebuilt. I'm a noob to this, obviously I'd need to solder still..

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:12:05 »
will yok trash pandas work with this? I would be pulling them from a hotswap PCB which I bought prebuilt. I'm a noob to this, obviously I'd need to solder still..

Yes, but you will need to solder indeed.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:34:41 »
CyberVoyager R2 PCB Proto has arrived at DemoStudio. Demo will be testing it today.
Hope you like the color of the PCB.
Note that this is the prototype, and we will further improve the aesthetics of the PCB as much as we can for the production version.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:36:31 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline methbreath69

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:57:25 »
HYPE!! I'm definitely interested in picking this up in EVA. What does the purple in the EVA colorway and/or badges look like? Seems a lot brighter than the Canoe EVA-01. I'm personally partial to the darker purple :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:21:22 by methbreath69 »

Offline nicx

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:15:26 »
Is there any possible way to get a board that looks identical to the one Alexotos built? Love the look of the brass.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 00:08:59 »
Am I right to suspect Alexotos' badge looks bronze because it is a prototype and unfinished, and the final L badges were always intended to be PVD Black?

Offline BigBabyJesus

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 03:42:48 »
Such a good deal but I think I will just have to wait for the Think 6.5.

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 06:13:19 »
Is there any possible way to get a board that looks identical to the one Alexotos built? Love the look of the brass.

A few of us are asking about this but no response as of yet and not long left on the GB.

Offline BigBabyJesus

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 08:46:20 »

A few of us are asking about this but no response as of yet and not long left on the GB.

Alexotos said on stream that it is the RoboCop one but there are clearly some differences. Also no answer on Instagram.

Offline Naja

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 09:43:01 »

I asked the question on a mail i send him, about combining my orders and possibly change the color of my order :  no answer too...  :s

Offline guy0naBuffal0

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 11:12:19 »
HYPE!! I'm definitely interested in picking this up in EVA. What does the purple in the EVA colorway and/or badges look like? Seems a lot brighter than the Canoe EVA-01. I'm personally partial to the darker purple :)

I would also like to see more of the purple - its hard to tell from the render. Wondering if it would pair with Laser?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 11:21:14 »

I asked the question on a mail i send him, about combining my orders and possibly change the color of my order :  no answer too...  :s

Should have replied, please kindly check.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 11:22:28 »

Sorry all colorways of the production versions are pre-set according to the colorway choices. What Alex received was a prototype, it may not be the same as the pre-set colorways.

Offline Naja

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 11:59:26 »

Nothing on my email or in the geekhack mp box.
But i just saw that "Allow users to email me" was uncheck on my profile  :-[
Sorry.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 14:00:28 »

Nothing on my email or in the geekhack mp box.
But i just saw that "Allow users to email me" was uncheck on my profile  :-[
Sorry.

I think AirPotter does check his email frequently, if not everyday, PM'd you his email. Will ask him to check again if you have sent it already.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 19:22:24 »

This is sooooo coooool

Offline methbreath69

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 00:41:32 »
I would also like to see more of the purple - its hard to tell from the render. Wondering if it would pair with Laser?

You and I both. :P I picked up SA Laser and I'm hoping this keeb will be a great fit.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] Space65:CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (GB ends Friday 4/17)
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 01:07:52 »
Well, I hadn't thought about it, but I purchased a Schrodinger spot and chose a carbon fiber plate.  How will that work?  I'm okay with it switching to aluminum if it needs to be a funky cool color.  Or even having the option to buy another carbon fiber plate later would be good.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2020, 01:11:38 by pixelpusher »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 01:20:44 »

You and I both. :P I picked up SA Laser and I'm hoping this keeb will be a great fit.
Red, pink or blue badges?

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 01:21:45 »
Add a full E-green in Schrodinger please that would be super cool!

Offline KANG HOJIN

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 08:03:42 »
Thank you for your prompt and kind response.
I'd like to ask you one more favor.
I sent you an e-mail about the change of order, so please check it
my graystudio id : melid@naver.com

thank you :)

Offline vinyldoodles

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:02:48 »
Can't wait for this.

I ordered the white and gold version. For those people who ordered the same colourway, what keycaps are you going to be putting on yours? I'm trying to think ahead and i'm not sure what to put on it.

I'm thinking the GMK Bleached but I'm also thinking i want a bit of contrast with the white  :-\

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:05:04 »
GMK Merlin might be a good contrast with the yellow and blue.

Offline Dopamine

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 15:16:45 »
I am so excited for this
This is gonna by my first custom mech and first GB

Offline MagicMicky

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 15:39:30 »
Can't wait for this.

I ordered the white and gold version. For those people who ordered the same colourway, what keycaps are you going to be putting on yours? I'm trying to think ahead and i'm not sure what to put on it.

I'm thinking the GMK Bleached but I'm also thinking i want a bit of contrast with the white  :-\

I was thinking godspeed, but I stumbled upon https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104627.0 today and it would possibly match quite nicely the white gold