Author Topic: Wrist rests for tenkeyless keyboards?  (Read 24401 times)

Offline DaClownie

• Handsome Devil
Wrist rests for tenkeyless keyboards?
« on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 11:06:18 »
So, I'm on the hunt for a nice, decent hunt wrist rest for a tenkeyless keyboard but at a reasonable price... I don't use the wrist rest a tremendous amount, but I figured it'd be nice for when I'm slouching and being lazy at the desk...

http://www.amazon.com/Grifiti-Notebook-Laptop-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B004DANDN4/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1345391937&sr=1-9&keywords=keyboard+wrist+rest+grifiti

That's the least expensive one designed for tenkeyless design that I could find... the only other option are the beautiful ones made by the beast here on the forums (a bit rich for my blood) and the leather Filco ones for about $60 a pop.

Any other solutions that I haven't seen?

Thanks!

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Re: Wrist rests for tenkeyless keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 12:07:20 »
just get a "normal" wood one then from The_Beast. And by normal I mean none of the exotic woods, just some alder or something isn't much at all. Just go ask him about it and work something out as they are much better than anything else out there for the price!
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 12:11:28 »
keyboard story also has a bunch of nice looking wood rests

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Okita

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 13:34:50 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,palm_rests&pid=hm_prmb I know this is an expensive one, but I thought I'd post it just so you know what your options are. I own one personally. They look very classy and the genuine leather feels great.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 20:56:10 »
just get a "normal" wood one then from The_Beast. And by normal I mean none of the exotic woods, just some alder or something isn't much at all. Just go ask him about it and work something out as they are much better than anything else out there for the price!

Someone called?

If you want one made of wood, I have tons of them. The cheapest one I have is made of Alder. It's a soft wood like pine but is in the hardwood family. I put a paste wax finish on it to test out paste waxes. Shoot me a PM and I'll sell it below what I have it marked in my thread for.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Trent

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 17:52:01 »
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,palm_rests&pid=hm_prmb I know this is an expensive one, but I thought I'd post it just so you know what your options are. I own one personally. They look very classy and the genuine leather feels great.

I dunno.  The stitching in this leather wrist rest seems really cheap/tacky looking to me.  I wish they would post some HD pictures to confirm my suspicions.
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline DaClownie

• Handsome Devil
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 23:04:44 »
I ended up grabbing one from the renowned master of wood (awkward sounding, isn't it?) and I look forward to receiving it.

Will fit my keyboard/keyboard tray perfectly. Now I can lower my chair without resting my wrists against the corner of the drawer! :)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 August 2012, 19:37:29 »
Another vote for the Filco leather wrist rest, buy it and never replace it.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 05:32:14 »
dude get one from The Beast.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 14:37:27 »
I know it's moot at this point. But as far as the leather wrist rests go, I agree the Filco leather ones are pretty nice. Very good stitching.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 01:00:49 »
Did a lot of research today, not going to drop $60 on that Filco leather rest because while it's made from real leather, it's not really leather. I think we're lucky we have the The Beast making rests for us right now. Still undecided if I'm gonna cop one, but his is on the top of my lists.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:40:25 »
have you thought of the ducky TKL wrist rests ($25 bucks), pretty affordable compared to the filco. Been running one for awhile and love it.

also comes in red if you like that...

REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 03:58:59 »
http://www.amazon.com/Grifiti-Notebook-Laptop-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B004DANDN4/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1345391937&sr=1-9&keywords=keyboard+wrist+rest+grifiti
haha these use to be $5 a pop when I ordered it for someone to forward it internationally. Looks like a 200% increase in price, but still the cheapest one available.

Offline DaClownie

• Handsome Devil
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 07:36:02 »

To think, it even matches my coasters apparently. Completely unplanned but good deal. This thing is very comfortable to have in front of the keyboard...

Thanks Beast! :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 07:37:59 »
Show Image

To think, it even matches my coasters apparently. Completely unplanned but good deal. This thing is very comfortable to have in front of the keyboard...

Thanks Beast! :)

Glad you like it. Tell me how you like the wax finish. I was thinking of adding it to rest that are already varnished so that it's even easier to move your hands.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline DaClownie

• Handsome Devil
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 09:38:26 »
Well, I don't have just a stained/lacquered copy to compare it with, but I can say that there is zero tack to it. Very smooth to the touch, hand seems to simply glide along it. Very nice indeed

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 16:49:29 »
I'm still in school so I could possibly get into woodworks and make wrist rests for people for 30$ a piece since it's free for me to make i could sell em for cheap.

Offline gabamnml

• I have no idea what i'm doing
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 19:18:00 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb