Author Topic: Tofu65 DZ65RGB V3 Hot Swap Compatible Keycaps  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Always_Fourth

Tofu65 DZ65RGB V3 Hot Swap Compatible Keycaps
« on: Wed, 16 March 2022, 13:52:31 »
Hello everyone,

I am building my first custom keyboard, so I went with Tofu65 DZ65RGB V3 Hot Swap Customized Mechanical Keyboard DIY KIT from KDBfans.com with Novelkey Cream switches and some foam. I wanted help trying to figure out what types of keycaps to get. I know there are different type of keycaps with varying heights and angles for ergonomics but I am not sure which ones I should get and most importantly, which ones are compatible with my keyboard, PCB, and plate. I know I want keycaps that are flat with little to no angle and are medium height at the most. For example, I like the keycap shape and height of the keycaps on those 72 switch sample packs but that is just a general guideline. I just don't want very tall keycaps. I am sorry if this is not the right way to ask these questions I am just overwhelmed with information and not sure where to go to get a comprehensive answer. I am hoping to spend $100 or less but that is not set it stone. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and for any advice or knowledge you may give me.

Offline Jho

Re: Tofu65 DZ65RGB V3 Hot Swap Compatible Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 March 2022, 23:36:07 »
You should be good with almost any keycap profile compatibility wise with that board. The 72 switch tester (on kbdfans which I assume is what you're looking at) keycaps use an XDA keycap which would be great for what you want. If you want something similar but a little shorter DSA profiles would be good too.

Offline VaporKeebs

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 20:39:19 »
Check out KBDfans for their DSA caps. https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps?filter.p.product_type=DSA+Profile&filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=&sort_by=created-descending

I highly suggest the Simple Grey DSA caps. I have them on my Tofu65 and LOVE them. But honestly all of the "simple" line are realy nice. I ahve Simple Grey and Simple Green. Simple Purple looks really nice too.

Offline Always_Fourth

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 02:22:10 »
Thanks for both of your replies. I really appreciate it.