Author Topic: Teensy 2.0 help  (Read 3529 times)

Offline dR.Ugz

Teensy 2.0 help
« on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:54:03 »
I'm currently waiting for the parts for my keyboard, i Bought the Phantom TKL PCB and teensy 2.0 from Mechanicalkeyboards.com. I'm assuming im going to have to flash it to work my keyboard? im wondering if anyone knows a good tutorial or something that's good for a first timer. I looked around a bit and it all just looks like a bunch of jargon to me.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Teensy 2.0 help
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:59:28 »
I'm currently waiting for the parts for my keyboard, i Bought the Phantom TKL PCB and teensy 2.0 from Mechanicalkeyboards.com. I'm assuming im going to have to flash it to work my keyboard? im wondering if anyone knows a good tutorial or something that's good for a first timer. I looked around a bit and it all just looks like a bunch of jargon to me.

Teensy is really easy.  Google Teensy and read the programming instructions at pjrc.com

Essentially you plug it in, press the reset button, open the teensy program on your computer, load the file you want to program, and press the go button.  Easy.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 14:03:59 »

Teensy is really easy.  Google Teensy and read the programming instructions at pjrc.com

Essentially you plug it in, press the reset button, open the teensy program on your computer, load the file you want to program, and press the go button.  Easy.

+1

Teensy is super easy to work with - when you have pre-written code. 

dR., were you wanting to write your own code for it?  Thankfully, there are great pieces of sample code for this very project.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 14:06:55 »

Do you have a plate for your phantom? That board is designed to be used with a plate, it doesn't have PCB mounts for stabilizers.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 16:11:37 »
@dR.Ugz:
There is a really good Phantom instruction guide over on the Deskthority Wiki. There are links there to some firmware options and to PRJC's guide for flashing the bootloader.
BTW, the booloader is really easy to use.

I saw your post in chzel's plate GB thread over at Deskthority, so I suppose you have one on order then. :)

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 18:17:41 »
Use the Easy AVR Keymapper by metalliqaz its most excellent. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.msg1127412#msg1127412

Offline dR.Ugz

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 21:51:59 »
@dR.Ugz:
There is a really good Phantom instruction guide over on the Deskthority Wiki. There are links there to some firmware options and to PRJC's guide for flashing the bootloader.
BTW, the booloader is really easy to use.

I saw your post in chzel's plate GB thread over at Deskthority, so I suppose you have one on order then. :)

Yup, have a plate coming my way  ;D

Offline dR.Ugz

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 21:53:36 »
Ok, thanx to everyone that posted! i'll take a look at your suggestions and see if i can wrap my head around this!

Thnx again,

dR.Ugz