Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009  (Read 107741 times)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
Re: [IC] GMK 9009
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:54:51 »
Will you be using the same colour codes (Both legend and base)? The 3B and 3A are so essential to many i'd believe.

Cheers for this also!!! yay

This is indeed using the L9 for the alphas, U9 for the modifiers, CR for legends and 3A and 3C for accents!

The first 9009 used 3B and 3C, are you changing it for round 2?

Thanks again!

Ooh woops no, typo. 3B and 3C will indeed be the colours! Excuse me  :)

Offline avid

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:55:19 »
3B
3C

Is way better for the accents.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:56:26 »
Will there be 40% support?

Sadly, I don't think full fledged 40% support is a viable option with GMK sets right now. However, I will add some 2.25u and 2.75u blanks to the spacebar kit for split space users :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:57:04 »
Definitely in for 1 or 2 sets. Would also like an international kit and it would be even cooler if we could get a novelties kit with some of the original Reuters legends.

(Attachment Link)

They're cool right! I doubt GMK still has the moulds though and getting new ones made would cost a small fortune :P

Offline Owl-

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:57:32 »
Yes, it will be an add-on kit! Will be 7, 6.25, 6 but I think adding 2.25 and 2.75 blanks might be good too for the split space users!

Looking forward to this if it happens.

Some requests to be included in the set:
1. 2u in space bar kit (two would be great - using clueboard)
2. 1u '00' for numpad
3. extra R4 1u 'Fn' key for dual Fn users like me. 'Hack' is an alternative.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:12:54 by Owl- »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:57:58 »
3B
3C

Is way better for the accents.

Yes, you're right, 3B and 3C will indeed be the colours. Sorry for the confusion :)

Offline Goliath123

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:58:37 »
Will you be using the same colour codes (Both legend and base)? The 3B and 3A are so essential to many i'd believe.

This is indeed using the L9 for the alphas, U9 for the modifiers, CR for legends and 3A and 3C for accents!

Thanks again!

Oh boy!! You sir are a legend

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:04:24 »

Thanks again!

Oh boy!! You sir are a legend

A pleasure to serve you, sir!  :))

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:08:46 »

Offline ok2094

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:10:04 »
Yes please!
But please keep the Super keys.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:11:56 »
Yes please!
But please keep the Super keys.

Modifier legends seem to be a really polarising issue :D I personally don't mind "Super" or "Code", as long as it's not a Windows icon  ;D But there are people who like their icons too :confused:

Offline Owl-

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:15:44 »
Yes, it will be an add-on kit! Will be 7, 6.25, 6 but I think adding 2.25 and 2.75 blanks might be good too for the split space users!

Looking forward to this if it happens.

Some requests to be included in the set:
1. 2u in space bar kit (two would be great - using clueboard)
2. 1u '00' for Numpad
3. extra R4 1u 'Fn' key for dual Fn users like me. 'Hack' is an alternative.

Modifier legends seem to be a really polarising issue :D I personally don't mind "Super" or "Code", as long as it's not a Windows icon  ;D But there are people who like their icons too :confused:

I don't mind it being super or code. I think the bottom row being just words and everything else above as icons is an interesting touch

Offline avid

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:21:33 »
Would you consider adding the Caps-lock logo (normal, stepped) as extras in the set?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:23:59 »
I know kekkon is looking to do R2, have you dropped him a message?

He is? I didn't know no. I assumed running this wouldn't bring any issues about either way since the colours scheme was designed by Reuters and there were no issues with Jchan running the PBT version  :-X

Please run this and ignore others. And if you say you might run this in 6 months no work has really been put into it. He seems really busy with the dolch GB now.

At the end of the day, running GB is about getting it done. There will always be people who might run a set, but nothing happends until someone actually start an IC, speak with vendors etc. You're doing a great job janglad and seems to have most of it figured out.

Thank you for the support! I have indeed already done a large part :) I will make sure I'm not running into personal issues here, but I would indeed love to run this!

This will be the fastest IC => GB ever seen thanks to the work done behind the scenes. Having the keycaps in Q1 18 - i know alot of us wants and no more r mk 9009 scalpers (recently a set sold for $375)

That was my set that I sold for £298. Just want to clarify I didn't make any money on it. I bought it second hand from Australia for not much more than the original price plus postage to Oz, Oz customs fee/tax, plus pp fees and postage to U.K.  Then sold it for the same plus my pp fee and p&p to Switzerland. These things add up. Anyway, just thought I'd clear it up cos I don't  wanna be called a scalper innit.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:31:21 »

He is? I didn't know no. I assumed running this wouldn't bring any issues about either way since the colours scheme was designed by Reuters and there were no issues with Jchan running the PBT version  :-X

Please run this and ignore others. And if you say you might run this in 6 months no work has really been put into it. He seems really busy with the dolch GB now.

At the end of the day, running GB is about getting it done. There will always be people who might run a set, but nothing happends until someone actually start an IC, speak with vendors etc. You're doing a great job janglad and seems to have most of it figured out.

Thank you for the support! I have indeed already done a large part :) I will make sure I'm not running into personal issues here, but I would indeed love to run this!

This will be the fastest IC => GB ever seen thanks to the work done behind the scenes. Having the keycaps in Q1 18 - i know alot of us wants and no more r mk 9009 scalpers (recently a set sold for $375)

That was my set that I sold for £298. Just want to clarify I didn't make any money on it. I bought it second hand from Australia for not much more than the original price plus postage to Oz, Oz customs fee/tax, plus pp fees and postage to U.K.  Then sold it for the same plus my pp fee and p&p to Switzerland. These things add up. Anyway, just thought I'd clear it up cos I don't  wanna be called a scalper innit.

I absolutely don't blame you! In fact, I thank you because seeing yet another one of these gorgeous sets sell was the final drop for me to create a GB  :p

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:32:04 »
Would you consider adding the Caps-lock logo (normal, stepped) as extras in the set?

Although I personally really prefer this symbol, the way it's looking now it will be removed altogether and replaced by the OG caps lock logo.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:33:13 »
Tell me what you need from me to include a 1.25u R3 key!  ;D

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:33:34 »

I'm just saying, I know he wanted to run it after dolch was done, but he should be ok with it. Just thought it'll be a courtesy call to drop him a message? He's a cool guy about stuff like that :)

I mean, he did run R1. :)

(i'm basing this on a conversation i had with him on QQ, but it's up to you)

Although I personally think nobody in this community owns 9009, just like everybody can run Dolch, I don't want any drama unfolding here so yes, I will shoot him a PM :)
Yeap I agree, and so does he, cheers and good luck with this! It's definitely one that everyone is looking forward to :)

Do you mean "Yeap I agree, and so does he" as in you have talked to him about it? Or should I still message him :)

Offline avid

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:35:27 »

Although I personally really prefer this symbol, the way it's looking now it will be removed altogether and replaced by the OG caps lock logo.

Omg i love this. If you really like the original you could alwyas replace the ctrl-keys (In caps-lock space)

Probably in for 2-3 sets.

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:36:28 »

Thanks again!

does this mean the GMK muted is slightly off? I thought that the GMK muted 3a/3c modifiers were supposed to match GMK 9009, but they certainly are 3A and not 3B
Searching for the OG shine

Offline t8c

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:38:50 »
Perfect except R1 1u delete icon as seen in GMK Hydro!

Offline avid

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:40:33 »

Thanks again!

does this mean the GMK muted is slightly off? I thought that the GMK muted 3a/3c modifiers were supposed to match GMK 9009, but they certainly are 3A and not 3B

GMK muted is not a beige set. Its white and grey. So different green/red is fine for that.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:41:02 »

Thanks again!

It does indeed! The colours from Muted are more.... muted :P

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:42:54 »
Perfect except R1 1u delete icon as seen in GMK Hydro!

I mean I can add it to my list but do that many people really use a 1u backspace?

Offline Petch

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:43:53 »
EU proxy and 100% in

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:45:15 »
EU proxy and 100% in

There is one! David and Yullia (A.K.A. Necromanx and Necrowomanx) from mykeyboard.eu!

Offline avid

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:01:53 »
Really like how interactive you're in the IC thread. I can already tell this will be the smoothest GMK-run ever. Hope we see more GB from you.  :thumb:

Didn't touch on it, but would you consider
-f5,f6,f7,f8 added as possible colorpack (in red + green). I think that would sell well.
(Could also add stuff like optional caps logo in here)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:09:36 »
tl; dr

But interested and want the purse Caps Lock cap.

Also, don't get too ahead of yourself. I was in the original 9009 GB and ended up cancelling because justnits promised his GBs would be different and on time, but there were months where there was no word. I got worried and cancelled.

Of course I kick myself now, but at the time I had no idea what was happening.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:11:59 by romevi »

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:10:48 »
Really like how interactive you're in the IC thread. I can already tell this will be the smoothest GMK-run ever. Hope we see more GB from you.  :thumb:

-f5,f6,f7,f8 added as possible colorpack (in red + green). I think that would sell well.

The smoothness of this GB will lubed Vintage Blacks seem scratchy  :cool:

But nah I'm doing the best I can!! Accented F keys is an option, but damn this is going to be one hell of a big kit then :(

Offline avid

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:13:04 »

But nah I'm doing the best I can!! Accented F keys is an option, but damn this is going to be one hell of a big kit then :(

No, could do a small kit and sell by itself:

1rst kit: spacebars
2nd kit: x8 f5-f8 keys.

I dont think the 2nd kit would be all that  expensive. (20-30 usd?)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:13:57 »
tl; dr

But interested and want the purse Caps Lock cap.

Also, don't get too ahead of yourself. I was in the original 9009 GB and ended up cancelling because justnits promised his GBs would be different and on time, but there were months where there was no word. I got worried and cancelled.

Of course I kick myself now, but at the time I had no idea what was happening.

Yeah the caps lock will most likely be changed to the purse one. I'm doing the best I can to make this a really smooth GB, hopefully there will be no issues on the way  :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:15:30 »

No, could do a small kit and sell by itself:

1rst kit: spacebars
2nd kit: x8 f5-f8 keys.

I dont think the 2nd kit would be all that  expensive. (20-30 usd?)

It's not the price that I worry about, but MOQ and just the overall complication of adding more kits.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:26:49 »
It's not the price that I worry about, but MOQ and just the overall complication of adding more kits.

Not sure if my request is considered or not, but having one main kit, accents kit and space bar kit seems most reasonable and going by the looks of other previous group buys outside of massdrop. Keeping it to three kits total.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:28:06 »

Not sure if you've considered my earlier request or not, but having one main kit, accents kit and space bar kit seems most reasonable and going by the looks of other previous group buys outside of massdrop. Keeping it to three kits total.

What I'm currently thinking is having the base kit pretty similar to how it is now, and having one extra kits with both spacebars and extra accent keys like the f keys.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:31:14 »
I know 9009 in basically sacred at this point/the kit(s) are already locked most likely and that without it being ran on Massdrop this is nothing but a pipe dream but I can't help but wish there would be a small kit made so that one could go for full icon mods; as in the bottom row too, like T0mb3ry did with Yuri's icon mods kit.

Either way, this is an instant buy of course, especially at 120€ through mykeyboard. Great job and thank you!

Offline avid

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:32:54 »
Another suggestion would be:
Kit 1: spacebars
Kit 2: green + red f5-f8  and green + red arrow-keys.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:34:36 »
What I'm currently thinking is having the base kit pretty similar to how it is now, and having one extra kits with both spacebars and extra accent keys like the f keys.

An extra Fn key and a 00 key to the main kit is certainly keeping it very similar to how it is now.

combining both space bar and accents as one is doable if you're worried about moq
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:36:54 by Owl- »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:34:56 »
Could be improved compatibility with:
  • Numpad 00
  • A 2nd R4 1u Ctrl

I'd also prefer the padlock style caps lock over down arrow. Really like the simple 1.5u backspace over the stupid blocky arrow.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:36:51 »
I forgot to mention that I too think the stubby Backspace looks odd on the normal Backspace cap. Fine on the smaller one.

Offline Petch

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:37:49 »
Could be improved compatibility with:
  • Numpad 00
  • A 2nd R4 1u Ctrl

I'd also prefer the padlock style caps lock over down arrow. Really like the simple 1.5u backspace over the stupid blocky arrow.

Initially I missed the bigger 1.5u backspace, but this simpler one is growing on me now

Offline lovetree

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:45:26 »
I'm IN!  :eek:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:53:02 »
I know 9009 in basically sacred at this point/the kit(s) are already locked most likely and that without it being ran on Massdrop this is nothing but a pipe dream but I can't help but wish there would be a small kit made so that one could go for full icon mods; as in the bottom row too, like T0mb3ry did with Yuri's icon mods kit.

Either way, this is an instant buy of course, especially at 120€ through mykeyboard. Great job and thank you!

Ooh wow I forgot those moulds existed! I would personally also like to see this but I'm just afraid more people would want it as is :/

Also, please keep in mind that the price is just a guideline. Nothing is set yet, all depends on the response from GMK.

Offline avid

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:01:48 »
dont worry about the price. led zep is 170 usd.
used gmk 9009 sold for 250 usd each (2 set) in minutes on mm, and a new sold for 375, so the price will still be great.

9009 is such a legendary and beloved set, so we rather get it perfect for a few more dollars rather than nickle and diming.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:38:59 by avid »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:02:14 »
Ooh wow I forgot those moulds existed! I would personally also like to see this but I'm just afraid more people would want it as is :/

Also, please keep in mind that the price is just a guideline. Nothing is set yet, all depends on the response from GMK.

I'm sure that's the case, I still wonder how much the price would be driven up if you were to include like 10 of those bottom row icon mod keys with the potential space bar/function colour kit you're making - wouldn't have to go crazy with compatibility, just standard and WKL or something like that. Maybe there'd be enough interest to warrant an extra 10 bucks or something.

Of course, even if it ends up being more I'm still in, was just referencing the estimate you gave!

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:07:28 »
Considering going back to the old Caps Lock icon and replacing "Super" with Windows icons as suggested by Avid

Can we get the Windows 8 / 10 style icons like muted please and not the old style?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:10:24 »

I'm sure that's the case, I still wonder how much the price would be driven up if you were to include like 10 of those bottom row icon mod keys with the potential space bar/function colour kit you're making - wouldn't have to go crazy with compatibility, just standard and WKL or something like that. Maybe there'd be enough interest to warrant an extra 10 bucks or something.

Of course, even if it ends up being more I'm still in, was just referencing the estimate you gave!

I will see if I can make it into an addon kit, maybe combining it with extra accents since I really want this too. But dang, so many people want so many different kits  :eek:

Offline avid

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:15:07 »
I belive the most important kit is
-spacebars
Which should be bundled with other spacebars.

So other potential things to consider for a 2nd kit:
-green/red f5-f8
-green/red arrows
-alt/ctrl icon mods

Other?

Offline waterdeep

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:16:38 »
I want unconditionally.

I will join GroupBuy unconditionally.

Offline techfresh

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:23:57 »
I'm in for 2. Prefer super or diamond but windows OK too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:24:36 »
I'm in either way, but I'd love to see icon+text mods