Author Topic: Amiga 2000 weird issues  (Read 1357 times)

Offline TheInverseKey

• You can run but you cannot hide!
Amiga 2000 weird issues
« on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:39:45 »
Hi,

I have an amiga 2000 with space invaders and when it is plugged into the ps2 port the caps lock light turns on and off but there is no other functions working on the keyboard.

If you have any suggestions this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Tactile

Re: Amiga 2000 weird issues
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:49:54 »
Is the computer turned off when you plug it in? You can't hot plug PS/2.
REΛLFORCE

Offline TheInverseKey

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:04:28 »
Is the computer turned off when you plug it in? You can't hot plug PS/2.
The computer was off and even with an active converter to usb I have the same issue.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:08:24 »
Check the capacitors on the board. That would be the first thing I would check. You should read very little dc continuity through the cap, if you want to test it, but better to just replace them, especially if you notice they are swollen.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline TheInverseKey

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:04:23 »
Check the capacitors on the board. That would be the first thing I would check. You should read very little dc continuity through the cap, if you want to test it, but better to just replace them, especially if you notice they are swollen.

I just went through the whole board and the caps seem fine.  After some digging I found that if the caps lock is bugging out then it means "CAPS LOCK stuck after pressing a few times -> bad data connection to mainboard".  I am guessing that the cable bad?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 20:54:44 »
I have an amiga 2000 with space invaders and when it is plugged into the ps2 port the caps lock light turns on and off but there is no other functions working on the keyboard.
Eh... Amiga keyboards don't talk the PS/2 protocol. You are not trying to connect it to a PC are you?
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 November 2017, 21:01:21 by Findecanor »