Author Topic: RealForce 104UG Topre Hi Pro [Short Review]  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
RealForce 104UG Topre Hi Pro [Short Review]
« on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:24:32 »
Introduction

I bought the Realforce 104UG and after using it for a while i can give you my opinion about it.

Content

Build quality

Keycaps

Typing

Is it worth the money?

Build quality

So like any other Real force board it's build quality is very good and doesn't have almost any flex because of the steel plate.
It feels like it's build like a tank and the plastic housing is made from a high quality plastic.

Keycaps

The keycaps are Hi Pro so a bit different then SA. They are made from PBT but the space bar is made from ABS. The Keys they do feel nice to touch and feel very smooth.

Typing

When i first got this board it was hard for me to type making a lot of mistakes because you can't hit the sides of the cap it has to be centered. It takes a while to get adjusted to the Hi Pro Key caps because they are taller than normal key caps. I had to position my hands a bit higher up then normal giving me some pain after a while and i am using a wrist wrest.

Is it worth the money?

I would say yes it's worth it. But you should think a bit more before you are going to buy a Hi Pro keyboard the main reason is people are buying the keyboard is for the Hi Pro key caps
.And i would say that the key caps aren't everyone's taste it looks cool but hey comfortable typing -> Cool Keycaps IMO. But you could always learn to type on it and if you know how to type on it you would really like the board:).

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:27:09 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline corygrapher

Re: RealForce 104UG Topre Hi Pro [Short Review]
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 23:31:56 »
What's the difference between hi-pro and SA keycaps?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:26:16 »
What's the difference between hi-pro and SA keycaps?

The Hi-Pro keycaps are a bit different from SA, especially in that they have a very sharp, crisp top edge and more pronounced dishing than SA
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 20:13:31 »
Thank you.