Author Topic: Howdy from Utah  (Read 2080 times)

Offline shaxx

Howdy from Utah
« on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 22:09:46 »
Howdy, all. I'm a recent grad that just moved out to Utah from the east coast and have started down this slippery slope after getting a whiff of what's out there from Drop. My keyboard journey started about 6 years ago with a das with cherry blues and loved it but switched to a corsair strafe with reds 3 years ago for less clicking over the mic. Just picked up a compact Glorious PC MR compact with gat browns and am loving it. I'm looking to build my own keyboard and I am in the mulling stage of looking at various color profiles and thinking of how to adapt them to my battle station as well as testing out various switches to see what I like. I have to get soldering stuff and some of the tools and lube I've seen watching TaehaTypes. I got the sampler pack of Zeal switches after seeing a lot of hype and knowing I love tactile switches I'm leaning towards using them when I figure out what board I want. I'm mostly looking for something in the 60%-75% range as I enjoy my new 60% but I feel like a 68 or 75 would be perfect. Only a few of my friends IRL are even aware of the keyboard community and none are deep at all so I figured I'd get my feet wet and see where this board can take me! Any beginner tips or other recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

THIS IS AMAZING
-Shaxx

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Howdy from Utah
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 16:12:50 »
Welcome :)

John Stockton represent :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!