Author Topic: New from Los Angeles  (Read 3960 times)

Offline kawb

New from Los Angeles
« on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 22:55:02 »
Hey everyone new member from Los Angeles currently rocking a Filco. I spend most of my day programming so I am looking for someone to make me a few cool boards for work/home.

Best

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: New from Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:01:49 »
sup bruh, i'm from LA too.

are you from LA or like the valley but like to say LA because nobody really knows where the valley is outside of people that live in the valley and people that have seen clueless or encino man
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:14:11 »
People not knowing where you live is difficult.

When I tell them I'm in between LA and San Diego, they just say "So you're in LA?"

>_>

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:19:32 »

When I tell them I'm in between LA and San Diego, they just say "So you're in LA?"

>_>

just be like "near disneyland".. "oh so you're from LA!"

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:28:24 »

>_>

just be like "near disneyland".. "oh so you're from LA!"
if it's below Bakersfield it's LA

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:30:36 »
that sounds about right. cali has 2 cities, the bay area (yes, like that) and los angeles.

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:31:33 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:32:32 »
10/10 map of cali

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:33:04 »
Show Image

no longer la when you go below santa ana :-X

Offline kawb

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:48:32 »
Great map! I'm from the westside.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 23:53:20 »
OOOO somebody is fancy

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 00:16:07 »
Great map! I'm from the westside.

PV? Santa monica?
Hi :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 00:26:06 »
we're nosy af aren't we.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 04:07:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Make you a board?  When there are so many nice keyboards out there already?

What about a RealForce?  Or an HHKB?  Or a Model M?  A Model F, perhaps?  CODE with MX clears?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kawb

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 21:08:36 »
Santa Monica to be specific... Anyone around these parts? The reason i am looking for something more custom is because I want programmability such as that of the Teensy. I also want a planck but sold my Weller a while back and don't really want to spend the time making it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 04:41:02 »
Santa Monica to be specific... Anyone around these parts? The reason i am looking for something more custom is because I want programmability such as that of the Teensy. I also want a planck but sold my Weller a while back and don't really want to spend the time making it.

Ah, that makes a little more sense now :)

There are members who provide keyboard construction and repair services.

It's a bit out of date (ha!) but there is an artisan services directory thread that should at least give you a starting point.

And if you see a keyboard kit that interest you, by all means post in the relevant thread to ask who would be best to assemble it for you.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kawb

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:51:25 »
Many Thanks! Is there a reason by any chance that "A popular serial bus for keyboard connectivity:" does not accept PS/2 for me but USB is ok?

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 17:22:47 »
Many Thanks! Is there a reason by any chance that "A popular serial bus for keyboard connectivity:" does not accept PS/2 for me but USB is ok?
Because PS/2 isn't a serial bus  :))

USB is a universal serial bus kek

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 00:20:19 »
Because PS/2 isn't a serial bus  :))

USB is a universal serial bus kek
mhm, welcome  ;D
Chris Schammert