Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2395084 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • because reasons.......
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #3650 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 20:06:07 »
I have an opportunity to buy a crapton of terminal Model Ms from a local e-cycler. Is there any market for them? Anyone here want a bunch of terminal Ms?  :p

YES

people will always want model Ms

I didn't think the terminal models were that desirable?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3651 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 20:11:07 »
I have an opportunity to buy a crapton of terminal Model Ms from a local e-cycler. Is there any market for them? Anyone here want a bunch of terminal Ms?  :p

Are they one piece caps?  I'd take one just for the caps and replacement parts for my AT&T buckling spring.

No idea TBH. I'll check them out and get them if they look like they're in decent shape. Will report back.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3652 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 20:42:10 »
If they are cheap <$20 then you might snag a few.

If they are really cheap <$10 then you might just get a bunch of them.

Chop-job faux-SSKs might become quite popular at low enough prices.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #3653 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 10:47:59 »
KBT Pure with stock keycaps and MX blues, second owner?  Trying to flip one I picked up on eBay since I don't like the layout...  Wondering if I paid too much and should lower my ask.
CM QFR Green

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3654 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 10:56:20 »
KBT Pure with stock keycaps and MX blues, second owner?  Trying to flip one I picked up on eBay since I don't like the layout...  Wondering if I paid too much and should lower my ask.

They retail for around $100, so I'd say $80 would be a good price.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #3655 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 11:45:18 »
I recently purchased a Focus FK-2001 on ebay with unknown switch types, but it's in pristine condition. Before I ordered it I didn't even know it had the original box and paperwork with it as well. The original box is somewhat water damaged, but is still in decent condition. After removing one of the caps I was able to determine that it's complicated white alps (SKCL). The keyboard appears to be brand new. There is no shine at all on the keys and the dust cover is unscratched. The cable is still in the original plastic sleeve that it came with. The sticker price on the board (Assuming late 80's early 90's pricing) listed it at $59.95.

This is the cleanest vintage keyboard I have ever seen without being reconditioned. Types like a dream too. Any idea what it's worth?

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/sYdzk
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3656 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 15:12:09 »
Unfortunately, FK2001s are pretty common and not all that sought after. I've never seen one in as good of shape as yours is, though (not to mention in the box), so I can't really put a price on it. As a baseline, in the past, I have sold gross & yellowed ones for $25 + shipping.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3657 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 19:12:35 »
I have sold really nice ones in the $50-60 range, but still not that nice.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kalrand

« Reply #3658 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 09:19:49 »
I've got a Genovation 683 programmable keypad, with cherry MX black switches. I'd probably be using it myself, but the programming software is windows-only (though the pad is usable on any system once programmed) and I don't have a windows pc with a ps/2 port anymore.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I also have 12, 2x pos relegendable (so two posts over two keys) keycaps that came with it.

76140-0
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline shimmy1996

« Reply #3659 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 22:54:01 »
Looking to sell a opened, but unused white Poker II with MX blues and no backlights. What would be a reasonable price? would trading this for a nostalgia seem fair to you guys?
THXD

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3660 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:23:29 »
Round about what could I ask for a G80-8113 with MX clears and lasered caps? It's ISO, sadly.

Offline ViciousWhiskers

« Reply #3661 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 13:18:58 »
How much would a Realforce 104UG-HiPro (YK2100) go for, if it's been used for only 1-2 hours (basically new)?

Also, how much would a used Ducky Shine 3 MX Reds/Green LED 108 KEYS sell for (used for several months)?
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3662 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:21:33 »
Round about what could I ask for a G80-8113 with MX clears and lasered caps? It's ISO, sadly.

These something like $30-40 as most people will only want them for switches or to practice soldering and etc on.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3663 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 21:22:56 »

These something like $30-40 as most people will only want them for switches or to practice soldering and etc on.
Thanks!

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #3664 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:42:25 »
What's the going rate on early NIB SSK and used but like new SSK?
SSKs for everyone!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3665 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:47:19 »
What's the going rate on early NIB SSK and used but like new SSK?

Used SSK - $200ish

NIB SSK - $300-$400, maybe more if you can get a bidding war going on eBay for it.

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #3666 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:52:32 »
Thanks. That's good to know the prices are back down to earth.They were almost double that for a while.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline doublin

« Reply #3667 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 20:33:28 »
How much will a 1 month old pretty much like new 87U 55g with white caps on black worth?Will there be a lot of reduction compare to the original price?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3668 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:46:49 »
How much will a 1 month old pretty much like new 87U 55g with white caps on black worth?Will there be a lot of reduction compare to the original price?

White caps on black isn't a retail combination– people will pay a bit more for it. Assuming you have the box and everything it came with, I'd say you could get $200 + shipping for it. (Which is close to retail.)

Offline doublin

« Reply #3669 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 08:30:58 »

White caps on black isn't a retail combination– people will pay a bit more for it. Assuming you have the box and everything it came with, I'd say you could get $200 + shipping for it. (Which is close to retail.)

That's a really good news. If I were to keep the board for ~2 months, how much approximately will the price drop assuming the condition is still perfect?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3670 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:11:26 »

That's a really good news. If I were to keep the board for ~2 months, how much approximately will the price drop assuming the condition is still perfect?

Likely none.

Offline So1911

« Reply #3671 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:59:47 »
Hi everyone; I have a couple of older devices and want to get an idea of price before I post them for sale.

fkbn87m/eb filco tenkeyless with browns.  I think this is an 'original' majestouch.  It was used for a day or two before I decided to go with a fullsized board.  No glossy keys or anything like that.  Comes with keypuller, ps2 adapter, and red WASD keys.

fkb22mb filco numberpad.  It was literally never used, but I cannot find the box anywhere.

Both are 3, maybe 4 years old.

Thanks all

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3672 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 15:11:30 »

I have a couple of older devices

Both are 3, maybe 4 years old.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I am typing on my primo keyboard that was built during Reagan's first term in office.
Probably older than at least a third of the geekhack population.

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 September 2014, 16:26:20 by fohat.digs »

Offline doublin

« Reply #3673 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 15:38:24 »
I'm planning to mod my HHKB using the 87U 55g springs and will have a mix of 45g and 55g 87U black(with white grey caps if it matters). I would like to know what is the most suitable price for the mix weight of 87U? Obviously it will decrease by a lot but I'm not sure how much.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3674 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 15:41:10 »
I'm planning to mod my HHKB using the 87U 55g springs and will have a mix of 45g and 55g 87U black(with white grey caps if it matters). I would like to know what is the most suitable price for the mix weight of 87U? Obviously it will decrease by a lot but I'm not sure how much.

The springs aren't what makes it 55g, it is the rubber domes.

Offline doublin

« Reply #3675 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 15:42:07 »

The springs aren't what makes it 55g, it is the rubber domes.

Ah that's what I meant, then.

Offline kalrand

« Reply #3676 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 08:00:19 »
I'm just not in love with my DCA IRMAkey/3270 keyboard (it's discussed here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62178.0 ) I ended up checking around and getting one from another source after SpamRay bought this one, hilariously using that ebay auction as a price comparison.

It's white (not clear) switchs, a clicky gray under the spacebar, and four superblacks under the DCA keys. The keycaps are PBT, and it uses non-standard stabilizers.

Any idea what this is worth?

I think I might be going back to just buckling-spring keyboards.
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3677 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:07:48 »
I'd say $60 for the market value of the switches alone.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3678 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:28:11 »

What are these worth? The top rows are mx, bottom several are topre. NM condition, barely handled.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3679 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:30:23 »
What are these worth? The top rows are mx, bottom several are topre. NM condition, barely handled.
Someone's going to tell you to post in the clack valuation thread instead in just a few moments. I guarantee it :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3680 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:36:42 »
Show Image

They are worthless. Mail them to me so that I can dispose of them properly.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3681 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:37:09 »
Show Image

Brobots are worth retail price. I'm not 100% sure what the prices were for all of those, but probably somewhere between $30 and $50 for most of the V2s.

Someone's going to tell you to post in the clack valuation thread instead in just a few moments. I guarantee it :))

Please post in the clack valuation thread to get approximate prices for the clacks.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3682 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:39:22 »

Show Image

I'll trade ya a hug for the whole lot.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3683 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:41:07 »

Show Image

Deal! Hoff now owns them all.
Thanks for playing!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3684 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:44:20 »

Show Image

Thanks for playing!

Wait!

What if I traded you two hugs?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3685 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:45:14 »

Show Image

Thanks for playing!

Wait!

What is this, an auction?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3686 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:46:08 »

Show Image

Thanks for playing!

Wait!

It's a counteroffer, duh

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3687 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:49:37 »

Show Image

Thanks for playing!

Wait!

It's a counteroffer, duh

Oh okay, carry on. He probably won't bail on my offer though.  :-*

Offline nathairtras

« Reply #3688 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 11:26:18 »
Unopened Gigabyte R9 280x graphics card?
CM QFR Green

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3689 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 11:33:54 »
Unopened Gigabyte R9 280x graphics card?

$250

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3690 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 21:30:12 »
Can I get a price check on
Powercolor HD5770?
nVidia Quadro FX1800?
AMD Phenom X4 9600/Zotac GF8200-CE ITX/OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-1066 combo?
Intel Pentium G620/Zotac H67ITX-CE/mushkin 2x4GB DDR3-1333 combo?
Lian Li PCQ08R?
IOCell Netdisk power 400T NAS w/4x sata hotswap (no disks), CPU upgraded to C2D E4500 and memory upgraded to 2x2GB?

All used in proper working order, clean, complete, etc.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 September 2014, 21:33:10 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #3691 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 23:05:12 »
AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR came with my D7100. I have not used it at all and don't really plan on using it.

Thanks!

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #3692 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 20:49:48 »
May I know how much did a coffee set worth? I have the tkl set with tsangan kit

Offline Jixr

« Reply #3693 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:17:28 »
PriceCheck:

PokerX
Mx Reds, with 80g springs ( feels slightly heavier than stock blacks )
white poker2 plate
stock black pokerx case.
stock blakc  pokerx caps, new.

Here is the kicker, the board is half hand wired, and probably wouldn't survive being dismantled one more time.
Though It fully works, led's and all, no issues.

This pic pretty much shows all the wiring that had to be done to get it to work.
( case would not be included with sale )

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #3694 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 08:40:20 »
http://i.imgur.com/WOUXA41.jpg
it's in as far as I can tell great condition, I have no idea how to tell, feels like a nice model M in typing feel. swedish ISO layout though.

Offline combataran

« Reply #3695 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 12:15:04 »
Mmmmmm....
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 September 2014, 06:53:33 by combataran »
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline combataran

« Reply #3696 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:17:31 »
May I know how much did a coffee set worth? I have the tkl set with tsangan kit

The base set was $95 with modifiers. The Tsangan, $25.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3697 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 13:59:07 »
PriceCheck:

PokerX
white poker2 plate
stock black pokerx case.

Here is the kicker, the board is half hand wired, and probably wouldn't survive being dismantled one more time.
Show Image

This pic pretty much shows all the wiring that had to be done to get it to work.

Hmmm. That's a hard one.

If it were in good condition, I would think that you could get $90 - $100. Given all the jumpers, I think you could get something like $50 - $75? The case is worth $20, the switches another $20 and you could probably get $10 for the plate, so price it for $60 and it should sell.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3698 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:22:47 »
PriceCheck:

PokerX
white poker2 plate
stock black pokerx case.

Show Image

Hmmm. That's a hard one.

If it were in good condition, I would think that you could get $90 - $100. Given all the jumpers, I think you could get something like $50 - $75? The case is worth $20, the switches another $20 and you could probably get $10 for the plate, so price it for $60 and it should sell.

no case included :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3699 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:19:00 »
no case included :(

He lists the stock Poker case, just not the acrylic one in his picture.