Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394774 times)

Offline Anole

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #6600 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:41:32 »
How much would some OG Cherry doubleshots or Signature Plastics DSA keycaps for this layout cost?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:46:43 by Anole »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6601 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:45:14 »
How much would some OG Cherry doubleshots or Signature Plastics DSA keycaps for this layout cost?
Wrong picture?

Offline Anole

« Reply #6602 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:47:05 »
Wrong picture?
Yup. Thanks, I fixed it.

Offline zombiegristle

« Reply #6603 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:58:56 »

Looks like a base set, modifiers, and a numpad, but then a few weird ones - the Fn and RCTRL are wide, and the RSHIFT and numpad 0 are small. Your best bet would be DSA blanks, and you'll need the standard base set, the standard modifier set, the numpad set, and then grab an extra 1u key for the numpad 0, two 1.5u keys for the Fn and CTRL, and a 1.75u key for RSHIFT. Should run about a C-note with shipping.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6604 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:03:28 »

Looks like a base set, modifiers, and a numpad, but then a few weird ones - the Fn and RCTRL are wide, and the RSHIFT and numpad 0 are small. Your best bet would be DSA blanks, and you'll need the standard base set, the standard modifier set, the numpad set, and then grab an extra 1u key for the numpad 0, two 1.5u keys for the Fn and CTRL, and a 1.75u key for RSHIFT. Should run about a C-note with shipping.

Isn't that just an 1800 layout though?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline zombiegristle

« Reply #6605 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:08:18 »

Maybe? I'm not that well-versed. But if you mean this one, then they're slightly different:

Offline Anole

« Reply #6606 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:19:48 »

Do you know how much a unicorn vomit DSA set would cost? It is 99 keys in total. And can't OG Cherry sets be found like this? People found some for their CPSQ's

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6607 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:29:59 »

Maybe? I'm not that well-versed. But if you mean this one, then they're slightly different:

Show Image

Yeah, it's the layout that like the RS96 and CPSQ use which is a modified 1800 layout.

Do you know how much a unicorn vomit DSA set would cost? It is 99 keys in total. And can't OG Cherry sets be found like this? People found some for their CPSQ's

I think Granite would cover it just fine, might just need some extra modifiers.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Anole

« Reply #6608 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:37:58 »

Show Image

Yeah, it's the layout that like the RS96 and CPSQ use which is a modified 1800 layout.

Show Image

I think Granite would cover it just fine, might just need some extra modifiers.
Thanks! Sadly Granite won't be running anytime soon due to the huge backlog at SP. I will look into that, but as a plan B, do you know what set that those OG Cherries came from in the picture that I posted?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6609 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:59:55 »
Thanks! Sadly Granite won't be running anytime soon due to the huge backlog at SP. I will look into that, but as a plan B, do you know what set that those OG Cherries came from in the picture that I posted?

I'm not 100% sure but it looks like some sort of a Dolch?  You may also want to look into GMK sets, as I believe most if not all of their sets come with 1800 compatibility.

Offline zombiegristle

« Reply #6610 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 03:21:14 »
What's the value of an original set of keywells from a Kinesis Advantage, with their stock MX Browns and keycaps? I'm definitely never going to switch back to the originals.

Offline les_garten

« Reply #6611 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 23:27:19 »
Double  see below
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 12:26:16 by les_garten »

Offline mmdango

« Reply #6612 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 03:15:21 »
JTK Purple keyset used for a month?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6613 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 20:43:19 »
Don't be mad at me if this question should be obvious.

I have two Model M's.
Both tested working.
Both disassembled and fully cleaned.
One has a cable, the other, does not.

The older one's foot is broken.

What difference would it make in the value if I bolt modded them?

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6614 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 13:25:05 »
Model Ms usually sell for about $125 after being bolt modded, in fact I just sold mine yesterday. It isnt a difficult process, just time consuming.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6615 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 13:51:32 »
Model Ms usually sell for about $125 after being bolt modded, in fact I just sold mine yesterday. It isnt a difficult process, just time consuming.

Its just a matter if my time is worth the difference in value in the end.
Im glad you sold it. for 125 + shipping?

I can probably do them both in 2-3 hours. But if it only increases the value by 10 bucks, I wont do it.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6616 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 13:58:54 »
I have an IBM Model M2 That is fully working, I recapped the controller board, and there are no issues with it. There is a small crack in the wrist rest part, but other than that its in great condition. I think its worth about 65$, if Im wrong, let me know.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6617 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 14:01:06 »

I can probably do them both in 2-3 hours. But if it only increases the value by 10 bucks, I wont do it.
Wow, did you pay 115 each for those boards? if so, you massively overpaid. Yeah, mine was 125+ shipping.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6618 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 14:07:25 »

Wow, did you pay 115 each for those boards? if so, you massively overpaid. Yeah, mine was 125+ shipping.

No I didn't pay 115. I was asking if you sold yours for 125 successfully.

I was saying how much for the model Ms stock. if I can get a good price, lets say 115 than cool. obviously thats a huge exaggeration. Im assuming a clean working model m is 50-80, but I have no idea.

If you got 125 + shipping, I might as well just bolt mod them and post them up for that then.

sorry if that was confusing. reading my previous post, I can see how you thought that.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 June 2016, 14:09:05 by Moistgun »

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6619 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 14:09:16 »
Yeah, you can get 40-70$ for a working, unmodded model m, you were right on the money! Definitely do the mod, its worth it.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6620 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 14:19:42 »
Yeah, you can get 40-70$ for a working, unmodded model m, you were right on the money! Definitely do the mod, its worth it.

I cant believe the value added for that mod! thats crazy. Looks like Ill be tackling them this weekend.

thanks for the comments.

I wish I could comment on the M2 value, but I cant weigh in really.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6621 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 20:04:04 »
I am glad that bolt-modding Ms is bringing a premium. I sold a few maybe 3 years ago and got $60-80, with one exception where I got over $100.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline superbia

« Reply #6622 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 02:57:20 »
How much can I get for 90 mx clears obtained from gon with golden 62g SPRiT springs installed, not-lubed (mint, unused). Eu.
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #6623 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 20:29:01 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 June 2016, 10:45:02 by Flyersfan1 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #6624 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 22:11:53 »
360c with 65g lubed vintage blacks.  I know prices have been all over the place, just looking for what is somewhat current.

Maybe 1k$?

Offline ProfTheorie

« Reply #6625 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 06:45:08 »
I got a set of Cherry Thick PBT DyeSubs black font/ white caps in German ISO layout. The Spacebar is missing and Control, Alt (1,5u) aswell as the tab caps dont fit on modern keyboards, other than that the set is a full 105-key one and in pretty good condition. What could I get for it?

Offline Tennobanzai

« Reply #6626 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 17:39:46 »
Anyone have ideas how much a used black M13 in good/fair condition and brand new but opened Model M is worth? M13 has a tan color cord that has a small cut it in and the body has 2 small dents.

Offline rao2100

« Reply #6627 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:00:37 »
How much is bolt modded ssk in very good condition worth?

Info and pics:
http://www.epiguru.com/2012/08/ibm-model-m-mini-space-saving-keyboard-1391472-aka-snooki-bolt-modded/
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6628 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 23:06:26 »
Not 400 ^

Sent from my local payphone

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6629 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 07:05:31 »

Not 400 ^

I don't know, including international shipping that seems reasonable.

I have a comparable one and I would not sell it for that price.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #6630 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 16:03:16 »
How much are Nantucket ii toothy and royal crystal toothy Fugus going for now?

Offline les_garten

« Reply #6631 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 16:36:14 »
I have a Wyse PCE Console keyboard manufactured 1989.  It may have Vintage Blacks, not sure but I am adding a link to my PIX

I am the original owner.  It was from a Wyse Console that I used in emergencies to hack/reclaim passowrds on Livingston Portmaster Terminal servers and Cisco Routers when the Telnet passowrds were lost.  Or someone screwed up an IP address.

It may have at the most 500-100 keystrokes but I doubt it has that many. 

It has Cherry MX Blacks.  Not sure if these are considered Vintage or not

All keys feel new and perfect, because they basically are, and the Keyboard is MINT.  There are no scratches, stains or anything.  I pulled a few keys and there is not even dust under the keys.  This keyboard has lived in my closet for 17-18 years or so.

The Keycaps have some uneven discoloration from UV.  By this, I mean that some have aged at a different rate than others, so one key may be a different shade than the one next to it.  The key itself will be uniform, but they colored at different rates for some reason. These are Double shot keys and they are perfect as well, with the exception that there is inconstancy to the key colors aging.

This is a 4 pin flat serial console cable keyboard.

1) What's it worth in cash or trade?
2) Should I retrobright it or leave it alone

Here is the link to the directory where the PIX are at, they are Large and not well white balanced, sorry for that, when I shot the PIX I wasn't considering posting them.

http://www.turbonet.biz/misc/Wyse/

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #6632 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:24:39 »
 Originative Carbon Black PBT keyset - what is the worth of this one? I can't find out much outside of massdrop and it hasn't been too useful to gauge a price range.

Offline ac2ev

« Reply #6633 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 17:14:00 »
I've got a really clean Lexmark Model M that I'm going to bolt-mod (already did my 2 IBMs). Do they command the price as an IBM? I'm not sure how important the top label is.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6634 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 20:23:47 »
I've got a really clean Lexmark Model M that I'm going to bolt-mod (already did my 2 IBMs). Do they command the price as an IBM? I'm not sure how important the top label is.

Speaking only for myself, I would love to have a Lexmark-branded M.
My 2 main Ms have the square aluminum badges, but I would much rather have a Lexmark brand than a blue oval.
They are certainly quite rare in comparison.

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #6635 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 00:49:12 »
Pirce check on a couple of things

-456GT in black
-OG cherry dyesubs
-HASRO dyesubs

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #6636 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 13:42:46 »

-456GT in black
-OG cherry dyesubs
-HASRO dyesubs

456GT - $800-$1k depending on condition
OG Dyesubs - $4-500
HASRO Dyesubs - $500+? (unsure of this one, photekq would know)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6637 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:04:13 »

-456GT in black
-OG cherry dyesubs
-HASRO dyesubs
456 is probably around $850-1000 like dgneo says, depending on whether it's assembled, which switches, etc.
OG dyesubs are $500 if NIB, less if used.
HASRO.. too hard to say. None have been sold recently. What condition is it? Unused, NIB?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Nivlac

• mewmewmew
« Reply #6638 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 14:22:51 »
Got a set NIB and another set slightly used

might have a 3rd set somewhere, all of them are with the boards if that makes a difference

I need to go digging around I think I got more goodies

Offline gogusrl

« Reply #6639 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 23:58:06 »
Leeku v3 pcb + nixies + peacock case ?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6640 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 10:06:04 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:03:10 by alienman82 »

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #6641 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 11:46:16 »
What would be a reasonable asking price for a Varmilo VA87MR with Cherry MX Blues, a black case, grey varmilo dye sub top printed keycaps, and white LEDs?  I have the original box with all accessories and it is in mint condition, barely been used.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline gogusrl

« Reply #6642 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 11:55:28 »
Got another one

Swedx wooden case, can fit (with minor modifications) any pcb with 9mm distance between alphas and F row. Won't work with original cherry pcb's.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6643 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 12:48:34 »
Leeku v3 pcb + nixies + peacock case ?

Show Image

Jesus That's nice.  I know WKL case is pretty hard to get.
And don't forget the Nixies! That is one fine board.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline WesleyFE20

« Reply #6644 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:35:06 »
How much for each of these items:

• Keycool 104 rgb black case w/ white caps - used
  • 1st gen Royal Kludge rc930 - used
  • Varmilo VB87m with aluminum case and grey dyesub pbt keycaps - used
  • Frosty Flake - used
  • Gateron pbt blank keycaps in beige w/ grey mods - new in box
  • Gateron pbt blank keycaps in white - new in box
  • vortex pbt + pom backlit keycaps in white - used
  • vortex pbt + pom backlit keycaps in black - used

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline gogusrl

« Reply #6645 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 11:10:31 »
How about a set of mint condition alps compatible doubleshots  :

https://deskthority.net/wiki/ICL_One_Per_Desk

Offline Big Boy Marky

« Reply #6646 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:05:09 »
Hi guys,

I have some new in box Key Tronic Flex Pro keyboards and was wondering if anyone know what the prices of them are?

I also found some RT8251C+ keyboards and was wondering how much those cost too?

Thank you
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:07:08 by Big Boy Marky »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6647 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 14:20:07 »
Hi guys,

I have some new in box Key Tronic Flex Pro keyboards and was wondering if anyone know what the prices of them are?

Thank you

Photos would be helpful. Are the NMBs new also?

Does "some" mean 3 or 3 dozen? Flooding a very small niche market will depress prices.

Offline Big Boy Marky

« Reply #6648 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 15:00:13 »
Hi guys,

Thank you

Photos would be helpful. Are the NMBs new also?

Does "some" mean 3 or 3 dozen? Flooding a very small niche market will depress prices.

Thank you for your quick response.  I have attached a couple photos and also have included another keyboard that I have found also new.  the NMBs are new too.
I only have a couple like 2-4 of each of these keyboards.

Thank you again

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6649 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:04:17 »
How about a set of mint condition alps compatible doubleshots  :

https://deskthority.net/wiki/ICL_One_Per_Desk

Show Image

Whatever theyre worth I want them!