Author Topic: Imagine: a mouse + chord keyboard on an arcade stick?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Popkeymon

Imagine: a mouse + chord keyboard on an arcade stick?
« on: Sun, 03 April 2011, 04:15:04 »
i know that someone has turned a cheap gaming joystick in to a chord keyer (the joy2chord project).

i also know that the autohotkey script can turn a joystick into a full function 3 button mouse.

Well, I just found that the arcade stick might be a good solution to combine theae two ideas into an intuitive and chordable input device for replacing the keyboard and mouse. Any good idea to get it done?

Offline Popkeymon

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 08:19:15 »
I just found a good commercial project on doing this without buying a special high price equipment for chording.

http://circboard.com/index.php

Offline Popkeymon

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 08:35:38 »
I believe that creating a simple software to covert an eight button arcade joystick into a chord keyboard like the circboard must not be a difficult mission. 8 directions plus eight key allows 64 slots to be defined as symbols and letters.

Well, I do not have the expertise to turn it into a program. Hope that interested programmer would help...

Offline Popkeymon

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 09:24:28 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-4RqXNGgiA

this is another project called "in10did". this is a rather stupid way to add dozens of keys on the joystick while still have to chord with shift for extra letters.

Offline Popkeymon

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 09:23:17 »

(pic: an xbox gamepad with full qwerty kb)

Adding a full qwerty kb on gamepad is the only solution?