Author Topic: ha don't work on your pc while drinking guyz  (Read 1970 times)

Offline atarione

ha don't work on your pc while drinking guyz
« on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 15:14:02 »
 :rolleyes:

was surprised by temps I saw on my pc today running prime95... opened case up..apparently a few months ago when I had this open I was distracted / possibly been drinking a bit..

blah blah opened pc case found this:::  BAHAHAHAHAA..... OOOPS

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
Re: ha don't work on your pc while drinking guyz
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 18:21:32 »
So are all three (including the exhaust fan on the case) blowing in the same direction at least?

Offline atarione

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 19:17:17 »
they are now  :)

honestly I am not sure what was going on before.. I think the **misplaced fan was blowing the wrong way and fighting the other two..

airflow is all front to back now.. as it should have been before.. I just had one to many beers and forgot what i was doing...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 16:50:28 »
Ahh yess the good ol' days of building PCs whilst drunk. I once literally forgot to put on the fans of the heatsink anyway. That was interesting... Turned out overheat protection does not always work.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 17:26:16 »
more than once I've forgotten to plug the fan back into the power grid after reattachment.

I wasn't drunk though, I'm was just careless.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 17:30:12 »
more than once I've forgotten to plug the fan back into the power grid after reattachment.

I once forgot to attach PSU cables. Instead of checking the cables, I thought the fan in the PSU was dead and that the mobo was dead or fried. I felt so stupid just noticing after 2 hours or something that I just forgot to plug in the main motherboard power connector.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 21:13:23 »

I once forgot to attach PSU cables. Instead of checking the cables, I thought the fan in the PSU was dead and that the mobo was dead or fried. I felt so stupid just noticing after 2 hours or something that I just forgot to plug in the main motherboard power connector.

I almost called technical support for a laptop that was not turning on about 10 years ago. I opened the manual just to check the trouble shooting guide as  I figured they would ask me to go through that first anyway. The very first item on the checklist was to make sure the power point is switched on. I thought to myself what sort of ****wit would not know/forget to turn the power point on. Well turns out I was that sort of ****wit.

tl;dr Everyone does special things from time to time.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 20:52:16 »

I almost called technical support for a laptop that was not turning on about 10 years ago. I opened the manual just to check the trouble shooting guide as  I figured they would ask me to go through that first anyway. The very first item on the checklist was to make sure the power point is switched on. I thought to myself what sort of ****wit would not know/forget to turn the power point on. Well turns out I was that sort of ****wit.

That's not as bad as having it plugged into a power board, and then having the power board plugged into itself.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 21:02:19 »

That's not as bad as having it plugged into a power board, and then having the power board plugged into itself.

HAhaha yeah...... that is true