Author Topic: Roamer G switch  (Read 1637 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

Roamer G switch
« on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 19:30:21 »
Was perusing Best Buy looking for a new wireless network device.  On display I saw the Logitech mechanical keyboard.  Tried it for a few keystrokes and it felt okay.  It supposedly actuates sooner and has a shorter throw.  I'm used to 4mm instead of 3mm.  Is this an advantage to type faster if becoming accustomed to it? I feel like my fingers need space to deccelerate.  But then again I used to type on shorter throw scissor switches.

Any feedback about these switches?
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
Re: Roamer G switch
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 00:00:28 »
If you're wanting a shorter travel, quiet, tactile switch. I think Matias Quiet Clicks are a lot better.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 00:28:04 »
Yes this is still a switch I want to try.  Unfortunately I don't want to buy a whole board just to say "meh" it's okay.  Such is the nature of the hobby.  Maybe I can find a V60 on the cheap.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 01:14:46 »
The lack of keycap replacements for Romer G's though...

The switches themselves are decent imo, not bad enough to make me hate one but not good enough to make me want to buy one.
I believe yes, the reduced travel can be an advantage once one becomes used to it but Romer G's at this point has to compete with Cherry MX Speeds/Silvers, which I have not tried.

Edit: Word correction

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 16:16:41 »
Oh, so many to try.  Haven't purchased a board in over a year.  I have my daily driver which I rarely switch out- a Poker 3 with lubed browns, but I'm bored and want something new.  The thrill of the hunt is part of the fun; trying new things, even though what I have now I feel is "perfect."  Want something novel.

Oh, Ducky makes a board with Cherry Silvers.  I also tried Khail, but fount them very wobbly.  Not many boards using Roamer G switches.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 16:57:50 »
Omron's Romer G's are exclusive to Logitech if I recall correctly, they have been in just about every keyboard the company has put out recently.
The G410, G413 G610, G613 Wireless, G810, G910, K840, The Pro

They are all gaming focused boards in terms of their design and marketing, with the exception of the K840 which means their features, aesthetics and functionality is focused towards gamers and you either love it or hate it.
I appreciate the effort that Logitech and Omron took to design and create their own switches in-house instead of attempting a remake the Cherry MX switch design though, kudos to them.  :p

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014