Author Topic: What do you like to do with your firmware build?  (Read 830 times)

Offline jlee755

What do you like to do with your firmware build?
« on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 16:11:15 »
As the title says, I'm looking for some inspiration as to what you guys like to do with your keyboards as far as functionality. Dvorak/Colemak? Unconventional layouts? Macros? Shortcuts? Programming shortcuts?

Basically, I've found that layers and layouts are very useful for smaller form-factors, but I've found it a bit difficult for something like a TKL or larger. For example, I think it would be cool to freshen up my QFR with QMK, but I've no idea what I'd do with it. It's already got every key I need, with a few bonus hotkeys that I never use. With my 60%, I got vim arrow keys and anything else missing mapped somewhere on a layer and that's definitely been helpful, but I guess I'm not thinking creatively enough.

I'd love to see what kind of cool, different layouts/macros/shortcuts y'all like to use!  :thumb:

Offline killyou

Re: What do you like to do with your firmware build?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:49:55 »
I know that I'm not helping but on my Pok3r I'm just using defaults haha. I'm not even using all the keys, wouldn't notice RCTRL, LWIN, FN and PN gone. If I would have fully programmable board then I would just recreate Pok3r layout, eventually I would fiddle with Fn location (currently using Caps Lock for that) and maybe try using arrow cluster under Fn+ [ ' ; ]